It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 I Need Help... 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Can You Post Some Examples Of Spriting And How To Make Them??
I Want To Know How To Make:
Icy Pokemon
Fusions
Eggs
Thanks
And I Already Know Most Sites So Dont Post About Them
I Only Want Guides By True Spriters

Thanks And Peace,
{diglett} firepkmnROCK

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you have seen most sites then you should definitely know about this one - this is where I learned to sprite, and I think it is very good :D

To be honest 'Icies' and 'Infernos' are pretty lame recolours....

I am going to assume that you can do recolours (as you didn't mention them)

Now personally I have Paintshop, which makes it a lot easier (layers :D )

But it is possible with paint (though no transparency)

First make sure that the 'transparency' option is selected (click the select tool and click the bottom option)

Then copy and paste in sprite number one, or if you need to you can print screen, and delete all the mess...

Then copy sprite number two next to it.

Now choose what parts to go where - this is the one thing YOU have to decide. Also choose what colour you want it.

To make it easier in paint, recolour the pokémon the colours you want them before fusing.

Then delete all the parts which you DON'T want, and then select and drag the new parts over the main body. (If it has a white box, you have the wrong transparency option)
N.B. You may need to use more than one copy of each sprite to get the parts you want!

Now THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT!!! Most people leave it like that... Don't. This is the bit which is much easier with layers, but it is possible if you are good in paint. Go round all the joins in the sprite and tidy up - a new limb should look like it is attatched to the body, not just slapped on top. And you may even (ZOMG) have to do some custom shading - if there is a new limb, it will cast a new shadow - so shade it!

Drag the sprite to the top left, and adjust the canvas size (i.e. crop it) so that it just fits. Then save AS .PNG!

Tips - keep the original sprites next to you for reference, also, using the dropper tool, make a pallette of colours next to you so you can select them easily. That also helps for shading and outlining with the correct colours.

Hope that helped - no pictures, sorry. Also if you don't use paint just change it to 'use a new layer for each new object' :)

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]