It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Porygon 3's Gallery 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hey everyone, I'm starting to make artwork! Yay! At the moment I dont have any programs installed to help me besides Paint, so I'm pretty much just strictly doing color changes.

Click this sentence to go to my Art Gallery.

Here is one of my favorite color changes, just as an example.

Please give some Feedback! I want to know what others think and what I should start doing :).

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Those are awesome :D
I particularly like the porygon2/Z + golbat fusion

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

You seem very creative, but I think you still need some more practice recoloring, especially the outlines. Many people tend to forget those. Oh, and use the :censored: ing PNG format for your images! This is like the 18th time I've had to tell someone that!

Sorry if I come across as blunt and unkind. My critisisms are meant to convince people to improve, not to make them angry.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@DragoBoy: Thanks! I love that one too. Its definitely my favorite :)

@Mektar: Thanks! So, work on the outlines meaning the outline of the Pokemon, right? Because I have been leaving that the original color. If there's a way to change the outline other than going in and using the pencil, tell me, because I would appreciate it. Also, I'll change my images to PNG when I get home, because right now I'm at my grandparents house, and I'm not really gonna save anything on their computer :/. But yeah, when I get back, I'll change them using iaza.com and update my Shop and Gallery.

~Neil Peart

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My favorite is the Deoxys form combination. It's actually done pretty well, and it's an idea that I haven't seen before. I would recommend downloading GIMP and using that to recolor; it generally works a hell of a lot better than the paint bucket because you can select by color (don't listen to Mektar, lol).

As far as saving the pictures somewhere, use Photobucket. Everyone that has been saving to iaza for a while and left it alone for a while recently had their stuff deleted, so Photobucket works pretty well. DeviantArt is another option, but I haven't used it before.

For the outlines, if you look closely, you'll notice some slight color variations. For instance, if you have a brown pokemon, then mixed in with the black lines will be some really dark brown pixels. It may not be readily apparent, but changing these make a HUGE difference, sometimes. It's just good practice to change them to a darker version of whatever your new main colors are.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thanks for the tips! I've been trying to get GIMP, but of course my stepdad has a friggen admin password on downloading things, and since he's so busy working like literally all day, it's kind of stupid. :/ Anyway, I'll definitely try to get it downloaded. For now, I'll use Paint (ugh) and occasionally Photoshop when I go to my Dad's house. So, yeah.

~Neil Peart

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey, on your Dragonite/Hippowdon fusion, use the color picker on photoshop to get Dragonites orange, and go over the orange you used with it.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Actually, the Dragonite's orange and the Hippodown's orange were almost/exactly the same shade, so I didn't really edit anything there, which I thought was lucky. Also, I try to use either GIMP or Paint, since Photoshop is annoying.

~Neil Peart

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

But there actually is a noticeable difference.. if emerald could see it, then you should definitely go with one or the other. Additionally, something about the arm seems kind of.. off. I'm not sure; did you mess with the shading or outline of it or something?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh, I know what you're seeing. That darker orange is part of Dragonite's shading. I thought it kind of looks like the fusion's shading so I kept it. And yeah, Rex, I just noticed that something is off with the arms. I don't know what I did, but I'm going to change my Avatar in a few days, so it'll be gone.

~Neil Peart

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]