It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:19 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Psypoke's ultimate art competition! PRIZES!!!!! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No, they aren't too alike. Its just that the Electric sign and pokemon are around the same places. Easy thing to do. Nothing wrong.

Notice for Round 4's judging:
I will not be commenting for leaving tips as it is the last round and there are tons of entries. I will maybe leave tiny things.

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Darn, people's Sigs are sweet. Can I edit mine as mine was the first and I didn't know what I was up against? If so then I'll make a better one that's not copying anyone.

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Darn, people's Sigs are sweet. Can I edit mine as mine was the first and I didn't know what I was up against? If so then I'll make a better one that's not copying anyone.

Yeah edit all you want before I close this on me birthday. :O

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, Edited. I changed it a bit. Well, what do you think? I added a glow to the Pokemon and also added a flare behind the Pokemon to add an emphisis glow. Edit on pg 7.

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry, PMR. I really am. :( I get mad when people steal because sometimes they steal and assume I won't notice. Then I notice. And I get mad. Yeah.

Anyway, I'm glad I got my sig in now, 'cause I got a new computer, and I have to make my Dad transfer all of my fonts, brushes, images, etc. to this new computer. So I won't be making graphics for a week or so.

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I must admit, I was rather hesitant about entering your competition at first, my main concern being the fairness of the judging, and the ability of comparing signatures to spritework. But lol, I forgot that the main reason why people enter contests are for FUN and not prizes!

My point is that one person can be biased. Really, whether your judging is good or not is not the point I was trying to make. That being said, however, I DO think you are an exceptional commenter, and I have NOT anywhere said that Rubypoke was a bad critiquer. So to anyone who feels that they need to pull **** out of their asses for the sole purpose of discrediting me, you can just <s>**** off</s> go away, or, alternatively, open your eyes and read what is presented to you.

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok, ive finally got passed the bad bit of my stomach bug and can give you some Round 3 results. NOT round 4.

There will not be huge comments, there will be around 2/3 tips/comments.

Ok.

Drawings:
CroconawConor -
Expression/Pose: 8.3/10
> Looks like the blood pool is in mid air. :P
> But, not a lot wrong for the pose that I can comment on, its a nice idea and there's nothing eye strikingly bad.
Colour: 7/10
> Each part is done differently in order, like the sprite, thats good.
> Everything that needs to be coloured is coloured.
> Needs shading, have to take time if you want more marks in colour. ;)

Overall - 7.8/10

Flarey -
Expression/Pose: 9.2/10
> Nothing like the sprite, excellent
> Cute as well.
> The black outline is too thick imho. I use a darker shade of whatever the colour is behind the outline for the outline. On sprites and doodles.
Colour: 9.2/10
> I think the grey on the tail could've been better and you know that too I hope. Meh. It's still fantastic.
> Everythings done.

Overall - 9.2/10

Kryten-
Expression/Pose: 8/10
> Bit like the sprite. But he's holding his tail. And all his body parts are there.
> Tail got too thin? I may be wrong.
Colour: 7.6/10
> It's good you've coloured everywhere and made sure there's no white where there shouldn't be, but the more pencil used, the more shading needed.
> Yeah shade.

Overall - 7.8/10

*I must start rushing now, a critical terror alert has been put up in the UK because of warnings that aeroplanes will explode in mid-air from liquid bombs inside.* *And yes, im glued to my screen watching.*

Loco_Ludicolo-
Expression/Pose: 8.7/10
> Cute, crying, good tear and moving feet usage.
> Nothing wrong.
Colour: 8.2/10
> Its soft so I like it.
> But there's no shading, just colour everywhere.

Overall - 8.4/10

tessa7338-
Expression/Pose: 8.2/10
> Its a plain pose, standing, looking bold, brave strong. Its nice.
> Very well done, all details are there, like spikes.
Colour: 8.6/10
> Hoorayyy shading on the chest!!! At last somebody did it.
> But theres no shading anywhere else thats noticable.

Overall - 8.4/10

Drawing rankings:
1. Flarey
2. tessa7338
3. Loco_Ludicolo
4. CroconawConor
5. Kryten

Sigs!
Charzardrake-
Colour: 8.2/10
> Maybe a bit more colour could be used, but you've done nice. But theres no striking bad colours.
> Nice effect in the background, brown ish then the faint sign of your
well known star/sun thing.
Text: 8.6/10
> Nice glow on it, maybe a wee bit too much of an extended gleam.
> Its a good font, not one I hate.
Eye catching: 8/10
> The text is the only thing pulling me in with the pokemon sprites.
> Actually the background may be a bit too dark against the pokemon sprites.

Overall - 8.4/10

DarkPhantom02-
Colour: 8/10
> Nothing strikingly wrong, a nice pink then going down to the depths of a steely metal grey.
Text: 8/10
> Nice, modernish, no strikey edges that can annoy the eye.
> I might have said use black for it but maybe I shouldnt have, as the word kind of fades in a bit. Nevermind.
> The effect has been put on the pokemon which is eye catching, but makes it look a bit weird.
> There's a background effect, boosting the score a bit.

Overall - 8/10

Dragonite-
Colour: 9/10
> Because of the effect is looks very good, blended, sketched, rugged. A very cool effect.
> Using a different for each pokemon in the background is good.
Text: 9/10
> Bold, big, strong, bulk black outline, strong yet not horrible orange shade. Reflected in the background too. :)
Eye catching: 8.9/10
> Im immediately pulled to Rhydon's side because its lighter and more orange which is my favourite colour along with purple.
> Everything goes together, the text goes with the background, background goes with the pokemon etc.
> You've chosen a very nice effect on the background.

Overall - 9/10

Jodi- Ooooh I like this. *Smile*
Colour: 9.1/10
> It goes from pink, to grey in a fade, very nice, simple yet powerful.
> The shades go with the pokemon well.
Text: 9.2/10
> Wahey the text has it's own little thing that doesnt look cheesy, like one of those 'Limited Edition' stickers you get on game boxes etc.
> Nice little text on the bottom, going with a box theme eh? ;)
Eye catching: 9.4/10
> 2 pictures of each pokemon, one bold, one faded, interesting and nice.
> The text's background bit sticks out nicely.
> But, the window shine/gleam line is excellent, I thought that was sheer brilliance. :P

Overall - 9.3/10

marowaker-
Colour: 7.5/10
> Looks like a background you can get on the internet. Imho. Not bad though, looks rocky, good for Rhydon, maybe a bit too brown.
Text: 7.8/10
> Childish, bouncy, jolly looking text. Nice but maybe a bit cheesy.
> Good orange colour, I like the shade.
Eye catching: 6.8/10
> A thing that pulls me eye to it the white bits on the pokemon, did you use MS Paint? It's a shame the white bits are there, its let it down.
> The shine of light doesnt go well but its nice to have.

Overall - 7.4/10

Sig rankings:
1. Jodi
2. dragonite
3. Charzardrake
4. DarkPhantom02
5. marowaker

The one scratch sprite!
Rapidash-
Scratching detail: 7.8/10
> Shame, looks photoshopped, I have no knowledge of Photoshop and how easy it is to use. Is it made in photoshop?
> I meant a game sprite. But meh.
> It's too angry, the first one you posted was better for an Aipom evo, kinda messed it.
> Still, not too bad eh.
Colour: 7.5/10
> Needs more shades, only 2 shades of purple for a big picture like that? Actually I see three when zoomed in but there's only 1% of the lightest shade used.
> The yellow bits are good with the shading, nothing wrong there.

Overall - 7.6/10

Scratch ranks:
1. Rapidash

Fusions coming later. I hate rating fusions. :P

This will be updated throughout the next 8 hours. Im tired, ill, and the Tv has breaking news on. ;)

Round 4 = Still open for another day remember. ;)

Last edited by rubypoke on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*grins* Well the trouble with scanners is that they tend to take your shading, put it in the washer, set it on spin cycle, and not bother to hang it out to dry. The reason why I entered that one is because my scanner was down, or I would have entered one which had a bit more effort into shading, like my Never Insult A Flygon. And I would probably have chosen Buizeru instead, he's a lot cuter.

And about the sigs thing, let me just say that coincidences DO happen. Like the fact that I'm making TC triptychs when DragonPhoenix is too. But to e honest I don't visit other shoppes too often, so I didn't know AT ALL. Things like that. I sometimes take a look at other entries before drawing one, but it's a random selection. (Usually the competition pwns my @$$ off, but I like trying.) Perhaps we could all use links so that you could CHOOSE if you wanted to look at it beforehand?

DeviantART | Webcomic | Photobucket

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ya, I'm with you. Most people try to make new ideas everyday, but most have already been taken. Like your triptychs for example. Anybody could have done that, yet when people see that someone else has made something new, they think "Oh my god. Why didn't I think of that first!?" Oh well, know that I have a pretty bad chance at winning anything when I'm against Dragonite or Flarey. They both are good. I just need to work a bit harder I guess. Oh, and DP, try to lay off the fake swearing. There are people ages younger than 5 on this forum (I'm sure) that learn any word just by looking at it. Then, when they ask their parents what that means, they get mad, find out where the child found it, and (Could if they really wished too,) make sure the forum gets a bad reputation. Of course, that completely a made up scenario. Just try to settle down. There's really no need for it.
Well, I'd like to say good luck to everyone and Happy Birthday to Rubypoke, as I robably won't be back on until the 23rd. I am taking a 2 day drive vacation half-way across the US and won't be back until then. So have fun! :)

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The Round 3 result post a few posts ago is updated with sigs and scratch sprite. :)

Fusions in the next hour or two if you're lucky bunnies.

About 18 hours of round 4 left for any editing you want to do.

And I promise the results of round four will be done in the two days after its finished. :P

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I already said I was sorry guys :P At least I think I did.... If I didn't, sorry. Anyway, thanks for spending so much time judging, Rubypoke. We appreciate it.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yay! Final round! I'm entering a sig, I hope you like it, million thanks to my little brother. He's my art critic. :D

Just popped back in 2023 to poke around and feel nostalgic. <3 If you're reading this, and I knew you back in the day, drop me a line sometime and we can reminisce! I'm at cloudmartian at gmail dot com

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yay! Final round! I'm entering a sig, I hope you like it, million thanks to my little brother. He's my art critic. :D

Better be quick. You only have until 9:24am, when I turn 14. :P Or, around that time. ;)

Good luck.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Sneaking around in your house with night vision looking for pie.
I already said I was sorry guys :P At least I think I did.... If I didn't, sorry. Anyway, thanks for spending so much time judging, Rubypoke. We appreciate it.

I'm still waiting for the fusions, argh ! I understand though. Anyways I adore your new sig, nicely composed pop-out effect :wink: :o .

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, and DP, try to lay off the fake swearing. There are people ages younger than 5 on this forum (I'm sure) that learn any word just by looking at it. Then, when they ask their parents what that means, they get mad, find out where the child found it, and (Could if they really wished too,) make sure the forum gets a bad reputation. Of course, that completely a made up scenario. Just try to settle down. There's really no need for it.

Actually, if there is a way to PREVENT immature idiots (especially those with a mental age of five) from using the internet, it's a good thing. And lol, a forum is NOT going to lose its credibility because parents decide they don't want their kiddies exposed to the real world - no one's dumb enough to choose to fork out thousands just to sue websites, over just barring kiddies from using the internet.

Also FYI: the swearing isn't fake. Furthermore, I don't see how people can interpret **** into profanity.

JUST DROP IT.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:08 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

END

Round 3 fusions results tomorrow and Round 4 results on sunday.

Prizes given out on sunday too.

Happy waiting. :)

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

HAPPY B-DAY RUBYPOKE!!!Yay you're 99 today!! lol

Thanks JD. I would have added text, but all of my good fonts are on my old computer and I can't seem to download fonts onto this computer :roll:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/151/flygonjg7.png

I know I'm late but I just wanted show what I got done, I didn't even finish. :(

Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/151/flygonjg7.png

I know I'm late but I just wanted show what I got done, I didn't even finish. :(

Its nice :D Maybe you could have made the tail curve under, and made the thing at the end of the tail bigger, though.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Loco_Ludicolo : Thats a shame you didnt finish. :(

Round 3 fusion results! Finally you lucky people get the points.

Fusion/Recolour:
Now, as there are no more rounds, I dont have to give tips/comments unless I want to. :)

2x4b-
Fusion detail: 9.3/10
Well done. Everything connected without error.
Colour: 8.7/10
It's fine, plain, easy, bingo.

Overall - 9/10

Blaziken2005200-
Fusion Detail: 4/10
Wow, its bad because the outline is so choppy it looks like its been shot loads of times. A foots missing, a hands missing, tons of pixels are missing. :O
Better, but not as good as 2x4b.

Overall - 5/10

DragonDaithi-
Fusion Detail: 6.2/10
The only fusion bits are the face and tail, and the tail is awkward and overlapping the body whereas the body should overlap the tail. If that makes sense.
What there is is fine.

Overall - 6.8/10

JDesigns-
Fusion Detail: 8.2/10
Vigoroth's body eh? That's new. :)
Did you colour a bit of the body yourself? I see a lot of checkerboarding going on around the shoulder. A bit too much. And yes, I do zoom in when I rate your work. It's good though.

Overall - 8.1/10

ROUND 3 Fusion ranks:
1. 2x4b
2. JDesigns
3. DragonDaithi
4. Blaziken2005200

Well done, wait for the final rankings tomorrow with round 4 results.

Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Happy Be-lated birthday to you too Crimson. ;)

Round 4 results!!!! *shock die*

Drawings: *Yay*

Tessa-
Expression/Pose: 9.9/10
When I first saw this, I fell in love with it. :P For Expression, this has just completely gone through the roof. But nothing gets 10/10 Unless I reaaallllllyyyyy think it should. I never give 10's unless im hyper.
Colour: 8.5/10
It's good for penciling. :) Im not keen on pencils but im not complaining with this. Maybe the outlines could be a smidge darker, but that might make it look weird...

Overall - 9.5/10 It's that good. :)

Kryten-
Expression/Pose: 8.5/10
Front on, hard to make me like front on, but you've pulled it off. It's nice. A bit flat with Flygon, but Claydol has the alarmed dashing effect through sand. Nice. :) Im not sure whats wrong with Flygon actually.. Hmm..
Colour: 8.5/10
I can see a tiny bit of shading with Claydol, none on Flygon though, that might be letting the Expression/Pose down. The sand/stuff behind Claydol is fine.

Overall - 8.5/10

Rankings for Round 4 drawings:
1. Tessa7338
2. Kryten

Sigs:
Charzardrake-
Colour: 8.8/10
There isn't a lot to comment on, but the glow on the pokemon is good for colour, the effect on the right has good tones and colours too.
Shockingly Good. :)
Eye catching effect: 9.2/10
The glow on the pokemon and text is really catching my eye, the pokemon images have no jagged/white edges, thats great, and the effect is soft. ;) Good. On your overall, you lost 0.1 because of the random black space under it.

Overall - 9.1/10 I like it so the overall is a boost. ;)

dragonite-
Colour: 9.8/10
Gimme some colour. :O
This is awsome, so much glare, colour, effect. Orange on one side fading to a mellow cream yellow on the other side.
Text: 8.5/10
It's good, awsome, but as the background is so snazzy the text should be bold and snazzy too. A wee bit bigger methinks. :)
Eye catching: 9.7/10
Well, you had my eyes glued to my screen at first. I really do like that sig. I'll be shopping at your shop more often maybe. :O :P The pokemon images in the background arent the same as the ones in front, thats nice to have.

Overall - 9.6/10 : Even though the text wasn't as good as the rest, I love this sig.

DragonPheonix-
Colour: 7.6/10
It's quite darkish, bland, a bit weird in a way. Mainly the colour around Jolteon and Electabuzz's left side. It needs tampering maybe.
Text: 8.3/10
Just realised it's an animation effect. It's a nice text, jaggedy sparked grunge whatever type of text. I like it, if the sig was brighter, it'd all click together nice. :)
The text and the middle bright image grabs the eyes here. The left and right sides kinda of throw the eyes away ish. More Jolteons side.

Overall - 8/10

JDesigns-
Colour: 9.2/10
It's calm and soft. Really nice. Bronzed colour to a normal yellow. Lovely.
Two sets of text, nice, the bottom one is simple, nice, suits, but the other one also suits in a different way, I like the top one better. :)
Eye catching: 9.4/10
My eyes are immediately dragged to the effects on the left and the top text then to the pokemon naturally. What's with the random white thing in the corner though? Ah well. It's a really nice sig.

Overall - 9.3/10

Jodi-
Interesting, not as good as your last sig imho. It's blue and yellow, which I dislike together. But nevermind, its an interesting background and colour effect.
Text: 8/10
A nice orange text on blue/mellowyellow background? Eek, it's good but kinda weird together.
Eye catching: 7.8/10
Pokemon have jagged edges there. :( I'm still not sure why the blue is really offputting me. Ah well. The use of each of the pokemon on each side is nice. Like Electabuzz in front then Jolteon behind it on the same side. Neat.

Overall - 7.9/10

PokemonMasterRyo-
None to comment on really, it's mainly grid effect and other effects. So i've given an average for the effects colouring or what there is of that.
Text: 8.5/10
This text goes well with the Electric type icon behind it. ;) Not much wrong.
The electric card icon is too bold, big on the eye, too shining. If you understand. Its too bold for the rest of the sig. That unfortunate. It's all effects in the background, its good effects, nothing killing my eyes too much. Pokemon images there too. Nice.

Overall - 8.2/10

Rankings for sigs in round 4:
1. dragonite
2. JDesigns
3. Charzardrake
4. PokemonMasterRyo
5. DragonPheonix
6. Jodi

Scratch:
Rapidash-
Detail: 7.6/10
Just because its photoshop doesnt mean it's an auto winner thank the lord. :P It's very plain, very basic, just a fish in my eyes.
Colour: 7.4/10
Not enough... Just like 2 main shades on the body. It's a real shame I must say.

Overall - 7.5/10

Scratch rankings- Round 4
1. Rapidash

Right, im going to rush fusions because the ratings really bugging. But dont worry, im going to be as critical as possible. :)

Fusions:
DarkPhantom02-
Detail: 7.5/10
You're lucky you got that. It's low because it's saved in jpg.
Dont ever save in that. Save in GIF or PNG. If you dont it gets blurred.
It's good though, clean fusion pieces done.
Cant really see the shade lines because its so blurred.

Overall - 7.2/10

DragonDaithi-
Detail: 9.3/10
It's a disguise. Magmar's body used for a Mr.Mime basically it seems. It's excellent. The only bad detail is the mouth, it looks pointed. >_< It's actually becase the face is going out to the edge of the mouth.
Colour: 9.5/10
Awsome, it's all there, the colours are perfect and correct. I do love that sprite.

Overall - 9.4/10

Flarey-
Detail: 9.8/10
Like a disguise, except less disguised. I really do like how good the fusion is done though, looks like a proper sprite. :) You're done really well there.
Colour: 9.6/10
Im not too keen on the tail's colour... Hmm ah well, you still got a great score.

Overall - 9.7/10

Rankings of round 4 fusions:
1. Flarey
2. DragonDaithi
3. DarkPhantom02

So, this will be updated soon enough with.... PRIZES.

Prizes in a few hours, I need some final tampering scores time if I wish to think.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

o yeah we kikked some major a$$ in that round Mr. magmime
Image..... jes try to contain your excitment Image.... never mind :roll:

Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Prizes: It's not just 1st 2nd and 3rd. The best in each category will get one too. And yes that means some people do get two. :)

<center>3rd place overall...
The Bronze Smeargle goes to:

tessa7338!
For the brilliant 4th round picture of theirs.

----------------------------------------------------

The Silver Smeargle goes to:

dragonite!
For a shockingly great 4th round sig.

The Golden Smeargle goes to:

Flarey!
For her fantastic fusion in round 4.

Other Awards:

The 'Cutest (Best) Doodle (Drawing)' award goes to:

tessa7338!
For the excellent Flygon/Claydol drawing that got her 3rd place.

The 'Best Fusion' award goes to:

Flarey!
For the 4th round fusion that got her 1st place.

The 'Best Scratch' award goes to:

Flarey!...again :P
For her cute Suicune pre-evo in round 2.

The 'Best Sig' award goes to:

dragonite!
For his shockingly good sig that got him 2nd place overall.

Well, that's it for awards.

Scratches:
2nd best: Kryten with his round 1 entry = 8.3/10
3rd best: Groundon King in round 1 = 8/10

Drawings:
2nd best: Star's cool pic in round 2 = 9/10
3rd best: Flarey's round 1 Teddiursa = 8.8/10

Sigs:
2nd place: JDesigns' round 4 entry = 9.3/10
3rd place: Jodi's 3rd round entry drew with JDesigns = 9.3/10

Fusions:
2nd place: DragonDaithi made a cool disguise fusion round 4 = 9.4/10
3rd place: 2x4b's 2nd round entry was good = 9/10

----------------------------------------------------</center>

Hope you had fun taking part, I loved seeing the great art being made.

If you won an award, feel free to use it.

If you came 2nd or 3rd in a category, you get no award, just a big well done.

Well Done

Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:30 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next