It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Starting big thing NEED HELP 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

honny

Last edited by Rikee on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm a little confused by what you want...You want us to basically make up your characters for you?

We can't really do that. I think you're better off thinking about this a little more. Try making a few characters of your own, clarifying some of the details and making a possible plot/story. I can try to help you, I'm not against that, but I'm not just going to tell you what characters to write about. Collaborations are a little different...But, I don't think that's what this is.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:54 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

well no need to be rude but, crimson i do have a plot maybe if you read you would understand. simply 8 chosen ones! and one chance at the saving the world. but i do have characters but only 3. I wanted you guys to have a fun part in all this so please chill i just want to help you guys.
All i wanted you to do is maybe post your own characters like a rpg here
everybody post then the story gets somewhere. And maybe if this does become big someday i will owe it to you guys ok thanks

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My word, if you considered that rude you have a lot to learn about me...A tip, always write in complete sentences or at least try to. We don't necessarily expect perfection, we expect an attempt at proper grammar.

Secondly, the fun part for us should be to read your work. This isn't the role-playing forum. You'll find that below our link. I'm sure a fair number of people in the forum will agree with me when I say "we won't make up your characters for you." We're willing to help, should you have issues (I've already volunteered).

When you write, you don't necessarily need to know all of your characters. I know one of my characters was initially made so the story flowed better, but now I really like him and I hope he becomes a major part of it.

As for your supposed plot, you only gave us some information. Your information isn't overly clear either. You just say that these kids are trying to save Seola...Why?

How would making your characters help us? I believe I missed that part.

And no, I'm still not being rude yet. It's not as if I don't come without a warning either (signature).

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

hornnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Last edited by Rikee on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You're forgiven, I'm kind of used to that reaction by now...If you don't mind my asking...How old are you?

Anyway, if you have so many ideas write them down. They don't have to be extremely detailed, but a brief overview of the ideas would work. That's why I have so many journals (that and I can't resist buying pretty ones half the time XD).

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Message body:
Enter your message here, it may contain no more than 60000 characters.

Last edited by Rikee on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well...I see a few things in your way already.

Publishers are really resistant to young authors. I don't know overly much about it, but I know some of it has to do with legal issues with them being minors and such.

The next thing is they way you're writing now. If you write the way you do when you're being casual there is no way an editor, agent, or publishing house will accept it. But, I haven't seen how you write, for all I know you could blow me away.

Edit: Oh, one of my characters for one of the things I'm working on. I was just using him as an example. I'll PM you with my email address.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

8? I thought I had a lot of main characters.

Anyway, I'll cut to my point. You seem to have an interesting idea, 1 person for each element. I like the whole idea, you just need to figure out what will happen in more detail. For example, you need to think of a main villian and such. Try this website:

Elfwood Writing Guides

A couple I think you will find very useful in your situation:

Character Creation Form

Creating an Original Character

Villian Guide

Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i do have a main villain. But It is so funny i don't know how to spell it so here it is. THE GOOGALYGA WORRIORS. the googalyga worriors have a lot of things that are cool. First they have a giant ship. Second they have instead of anifals they have moogalyga which is there form of anifals.
how they look like is anything from cool looking to ugly they have everything so those are googalyga.
also i wanted to make one of the chosen ones have a crave for power then become corrupted and become a googalyga worriors he will be stronger then the chosen ones so let your imangionations flow.
The character who plays chosen crave for power is called ZIN.
if you can come up with an anifal for zin it would be great i thought of a gorilla or something.

Rikee now FRESH PRINCE

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Now looks like a good time to jump in with the few things I do know about writing...

Names are very important, and bad ones can make your story sound like a joke. Try this:

Language translator

Think of things that describe these psycho people, then go and translate them into another language (I usually go with Italian, as it is very different from other languages). Then, just adjust some words around and you've got a name!

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

straniero psico
and here is the new googalyga worriors .

The Strapsico Worriors from the the planet Stappsicorio

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The only way names should make your story look like a joke is if they are completely out place compared to the setting. Say I was writing about a proper english gentleman, born and raised in England as well as his family, and gave him a Japanese name. That would make things a little ridiculous.

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thanks :D but crimson i am writing a email to you so be prepared respond on this or email me back thanks.

p.s. then what should i call the bad guy :cry: :| :?: :?: :?:

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If you have to have a last name, grab the nearest phone book. Then pick a random letter and run through the names until one strikes your fancy.

For first names find a baby name book/site and just go through the names.

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

no all of them have a first name but their last name is the race of the aliens so what is it i said googalygas but a bad name so how about googa

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So, their race is Googalygas as well as part of their organization's name?

Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yes also their last name like a person on their planet might be called

George Googalyga so you get it.

but the googas want to get planet seola now cause they are forming a empire so we have to fight but if they win we will lose everything so here are the aniworriors

Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So why not just have their name be "Googalygas?"

By the way, have you sent the email yet?

Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh my goodness, you remind me so much of myself at thirteen.... Dear ho dear...

First let me tell you that it is going to be a very long and difficult road to succeeding in life through your creativity. Creativity is a curse. You will be extremely lucky if you become rich because of it.

Of all the people I know who have powerful jobs in the creative industry not one of them got to their status through hard work and honesty. All the people I have contact with got to the top by backstabbing, lying and cheating. I got my company into the top ten position by marrying a millionaire. Sure, he was undyingly handsome and I loved him like no other, but I probably wouldn't have fallen in love with him had he not given me the ability to become one of Australia's leading composers.

Be prepared for a long and difficult journey, one filled with pain and poverty. There will be ridicule and sacrifice and you'll try to give up so many times you lose count. For a year I remember throwing the towel in and doing nothing but I couldn't quit, twelve months later I was back on the horse and gunning for top place again.

It's a long and hard battle. But if you make it...

One day you'll pass a complete stranger in the street and they'll say something about one of your works, or they'll be humming one of your songs, or wearng one of your shirts. They don't even know who you are, but you know who you are. You're somebody famous. Somebody impotant. Somebody with POWER.

I always get a bit hitler-ish when I give this speech.

Alas, I'm going to bed.

Night kids.

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.

Were you trying to encourage or scare him off Psyches? I can't decide...

Anyway, Rikee, something like this would kind of just be white noise and never really get anywhere. I suggest you form some good plot twist to make it unique and more interesting. If you already have one in mind but don't want to tell us that's good too :) . It also helps if the story has some underlying meaning or something to make the reader really think, most good novels have that.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

He was trying to make him aware it's not a glamorous job, even if you do get lucky. Most writers have two jobs, their writing being the second. Like I said, unless you get lucky it's near impossible to support yourself solely on writing.

To be honest, it is an overused basic story line. My first story had something to do with elements...Don't get me wrong, I love my first story in a strange way. I think beginning writers gravitate towards the basic elements and chosen ones because it's familar in one way or another. Still, it's a good starting point.

Anyway, I finished looking over the e-mail you sent me. I won't go over specifics with the characters yet, especially in a post like this since you sent it to me privately; I'm not that cruel. I do have a task for you though. I can work around your grammar, but I can't do that as much with your spelling. You won't like it, it's horribly inconvenient, but it will help you over time. I need you to start typing everything in a word processor, like Microsoft Word or Word Perfect, or in some sort of program that has spell check available, e-mails and even some forums. I do mean everything, I want you to type e-mails, posts, instant messages, etc. out and then proofread them yourself first. Then, after you've proofread whatever it was and tried to correct all of the mistakes, I want you to run it through spell checker. Pay attention to the correct spellings of words, don't just hit "replace" or "change." This will most likely drive you nuts, but I can't tell if some of these words are purposely spelt the way they are or not. If it weren't a Fantasy I would be able to tell, but that's not the case.

You'll only get better by being consistant with this. I can only tell if you're actually doing it by reading anything you post or send me, so I'm going to have to trust you. In fact, you can show me you're doing this by proofreading and resending the e-mail you sent me last night.

Your grammar is a whole other issue that will take a fairly long time...So, for now I want you to force yourself to work on spelling.

I also want you to read, anything but comics. Don't get me wrong, I love and read comics, but they won't help you get better. The more you read the more you'll be able to think about or put into your own writing. It's a basic fact that you need to read well to even begin to write well.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah... what Crimson said... that's yeah...

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next