It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Survivor: Psypoke Isle: Gambling Center 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Since many people may not be able to participate in the main Survivor: Psypoke Isle event for varied reasons, anyone, including the people in the main one, can participate in this event that runs alongside the competition. What this is is simply what the topic title hints at; this lets you gamble Psybucks over the results of Survivor: Psypoke Isle.

First of all, let me go over some basic stuff: you need Psybucks to be able to bet in the first place, and there is no minimum for betting (other than zero obviously). So if you don’t have any Psybucks, just earn a few if you want to bet. So anyway, how do you do this? All that you need to do is to make a donation to me and say what you're betting for. Now, that might sound like a scam, but don’t worry. :P Now, there are two things that you can base a bet on: the current round or the entire competition.

For betting on the current round, you can bet on either the team that receives immunity, the team that loses a life, or the winning individual. In the donation message, say what team and/or what individual you are voting for and to do what. If your message includes more than one bet, please specify how much for each. If you do end up voting for an individual, I would suggest waiting until the participants’ list is up before betting.

Also, there are a few restrictions to placing bets on a round.

1. Once you place a bet, you cannot withdraw it or add or decrease the amount.
2. You must place your bet at least the day before the actual trivia begins.
3. You cannot bet for more than one thing in a certain category; one each.
4. You cannot bet more than 50 Psybucks for each category, but you also cannot bet more than 100 total. This is mainly so that some people won’t waste all of their Psybucks on one bet and not be able to play later.

Ignorance to some of these (particularly 2, 3, or 4) will result in your loss of the bet. And even worse, I get to keep the Psybucks! :O! In regards to 1, your request will just be ignored, and the bet will remain the same.

For betting on the outcome of the entire competition, you can bet on two things. One is the winning team, and the other, which would result in the largest prize, is the order in which the teams finish from first to last. However, there is a set deadline for these bets. You must have those bets in by <s>February 1st</s>. Due to the postponement of the first round, this date will be moved back until the date three days after the first round. Whatever day that falls on will be put here when it is announced. This allows people to have at least a small look at the results of the first round and base their bets from there.

There are basically the same rules over these bets, and they are:

1. After the deadline, you cannot bet or retrieve your bet.
2. Once you place a bet, you cannot withdraw it or add or decrease the amount.
3. You cannot bet for more than one thing in either category (one each).

Also, there is no limit to how many Psybucks you can bet for either event. (You can bet for both) Again, any extra or late bets will be ignored.

So, with all that out of the way, what are the actual prizes? Here they are:

Winning team in a round (the one that wins immunity): 1 - 3
Winning team in the tournament: 1 - 5
Team that loses a life after a round (the one that gets voted off): 1 - 5
Winning individual in a round: 1 - 8
Lineup of teams in the overall competition: 1 - 20

In addition to your winnings from the round or final, there will be a few spot prizes after each round and after the entire contest. One example would be for winning the most Psybucks after a round is over or for winning the most total Psybucks after the entire contest. Others will be revealed in time.

If there are any questions, please post here. (If they are questions about the actual Survivor: Psypoke Isle, please post them in the other topic) Other than that, have fun and try to earn some Psybucks! :)

Last edited by tiger10x on Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So we just bet on who wins or the final outcome of teams?

Because I want to bet 25 psybucks for Psyche to get immunity, but how do I bet it?

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

You can bet on things related to both the current round and the final outcome of the entire competition. You can bet on what's mentioned in the first post in the prize list, which is this:

Winning team in a round: 1 - 3
Winning team in the tournament: 1 - 5
Team that loses a life after a round: 1 - 5
Winning individual in a round: 1 - 8
Lineup of teams in the overall competition: 1 - 20

"Winning team in a round" refers to the team that gets immunity, and I'll add that. To bet for Psyche to get immunity in the next round, make the bet as a donation to me and in the message, say what you are betting for. I'll add a little more to the first post on this stuff.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:27 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

You give him the money by donating PB. http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12356

look at nfield's post.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:31 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

With the postponment of the first round by a day or two (due to Amphy's absence), will the deadline on the overall competition bets be pushed back a bit, to still give us a few days to mull over the results?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:20 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yes, it will be moved back. I've updated the first post, and the new date will be three days after the first round. Also, bets for this current round can still be accepted since the start date has been pushed back.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:43 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Okay, so have I missed an announcement? I'd like to place some bets, but I have yet to see results from the first round. Has it even happened yet?

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No, missing an announcement like this wouldn't be easy. For one, an announcement would likely replace the "Sorry Postponed" on the top of the page. I would probably post here, too. So just be patient, and it should come eventually.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]