It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Rules Open Forum 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

There have been many opinions on the new set of rules, so I would like to open the floor for discussion. If you have something you would like to say about the new rules, please do so in here, and we will answer your questions/comments to the best of our ability.

Some things that I have questions about: I would like to know why some people do not agree with the psybucks incentive for reporting signatures. The internal revenue service of the United States pays people for reporting tax evaders; why not the same here?

Why is it that people are surprised that these rules are becoming stricter? We have been very reasonable in the past, and very lenient; however, when people start being completely abusive with their privileges, steps must be taken to prevent people from abusing them. Do you realise that our forums did not have actual signature rules until June of 2006? Do you realise how lenient we were? People, however, started being abusive with their signatures, and there simply was no choice.

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thank you Nfield Yes people are Really destroying the signature privaleges.I have A Question How many warning's till A ban.I know you gave me a final warning in january.Did that warning disaper.I havn't done much of the rule breaking(I Hope).And maybe we should have a week of no signatures or psybucks so people will understand that we atleast have a signature and some psypbuck's Im happy with my 5 and im Gladly happy with my signature.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would just like to say how fortunate we are here at psypoke that the administration actually lets us use sigs at all.I know that I personally have been on at least a couple other forums than do not let their members use sigs until they have a certain number of posts.

So, we should really stop abusing our privledges before they are takin away all together.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:14 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I'll go you one even better abou - no avatar, no pictures in the sig, limit 5 lines of text, and absolutely no psybucks. Let this run for about a month, and restore them to pre-hysteria levels.

Also, what I think people need to realise is that the forums/mods haven't become more strict - its just that they are now enforcing the rules, and elaborating on the subject. I wish that the old signatures page was still here, and you'd see the same thing - Frost said one banner and one trainer carf is good. New rules have been instated to clean up the forums, something you people may not understand. Psybucks abuse isn't new - FireStarter is just sick and tired of people cheating the system. He spelled out the rules clearly, so as to prevent those trying to exploit loopholes (ie, garabato's reasoning):

Quote:
I would also like to point something you may didn't considered about this "Psybucks abuser" chase. Lets say I want to bother someone, so I make different accounts just to donate the money to that person...In this case he/she would be punished for something he/she was not guilty about. On the other hand, someone caught abusing psybucks could claim that someone else is doing it, and you would have no way to prove the oposite.

He found a loophole - he said that others could claim it wasn't there fault.
But, the moderators explained how they would tell - comparing info, etc.

However, I do have a question - Aren't mods exempt from these new signature rules? Especially the former elite four? http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... 447#185447 is a post by Amphy that shows a deleted signature - come on! Thats harsh.

And, one more problem with the rules - Why? Maybe its because I come from a more strict forum, but are these rules neccessary to state? I have trouble finding enough to put into my sig - until Christmas 2006, I had 2 lines of text. The next day, I put in a banner. No, it wasn't deleted, but I usually don't have that much to put in my sig. Maybe I'm weird. And, psybucks abuse is just wrong! Its like theft, or counterfeitin. Its horrible. Basically, I thought that these rules were common knowledge.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:15 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I have A Question How many warning's till A ban.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. If you mean a forum ban, than the official warning is probation, and then a ban. Obviously, we give lots of warnings before probation. If you're referring to not being able to have a signature, then you get one warning (the removal of the current signature), and then your signature privilege is rescinded for two weeks.

Peanut-Lover wrote:
However, I do have a question - Aren't mods exempt from these new signature rules? Especially the former elite four? http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... 447#185447 is a post by Amphy that shows a deleted signature - come on! Thats harsh.

No, moderators are not exempt from signature rules. Remember, we're regular users just like you. The only difference is that we maintain the forums. The elites, however, are exempt from the rules, as it's their site -- Amphy's signature has just been annoying me for a long time :P

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

I would like to know why some people do not agree with the psybucks incentive for reporting signatures. The internal revenue service of the United States pays people for reporting tax evaders; why not the same here?

First off all, this is not America; besdies that psypoke should be a friendly community, encouraging people to expose the other members for money is just not promoting this. You said that you wanted to make psypoke enjoyable for all members, well, this is not the way.

Edit: OK, sorry for making a drama.

In nomine....Diabulus et...Belial, Satan, Astharoth, Lucifer et Yahve.

Last edited by garabato on Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:57 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

No. I hate living the US, thanks. I'm saying that the right to free speech is voided here, since this is a private community.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:01 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Your local laws and government do not apply here (yes, my fellow Americans, this includes the Constitution and the Bill of Rights; they are null and void here).

Jigglypuff, http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8313

Please don't bring up government injustices constantly. It is a - annoying, and b, crying wolf. Only cry wolf when there is a wolf. Only cry freedom violation when you think its serious.

Ths is indeed getting annoying, and I am asking you as a friend to stop with the drama.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]