It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:55 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Psypoke Jeopardy 2008 - Wrap-up Posted 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Although stasbot couldn't make the actual event, I used my own log to give to stasbot. Unfortunately, stasbot is yet to review it and decide upon some stats. After that's dealt with, nfield or I should have it posted here.

Participation wasn't awesome, but it was decent nonetheless. A few Jeopardy casuals were missing unfortunately, and the scores were a bit low. On the plus side, ChanServ beat some people with a new personal best of 1200.

Final scores:

Sneaky_Sneasel 7600
Serpentsounds 6600
skullkid 4600
ChanServ 1200
Criss_Cross 1200
Happy_Ninji 1200
Peanut-Lover -600
poplers -800
Geno -1000
Ryo -3800
DragonPhoenix -12000
Frost "9001"
Ledyba "9000"

Scores at half:

Serpentsounds 1200
skullkid 1000
Sneaky_Sneasel 600
Peanut-Lover -2400
Geno -1000
Ryo -3000
DragonPhoenix -3600
poplers -800

Worst answers:

[19:07:04] * @tiger10x RBY 200 * This is Lt. Surge's highest level Pokemon.
[19:07:13] <+Sneaky_Sneasel> What is 28?

[19:14:51] * @tiger10x GSC 800 * The Day-Care can be found on this route.
[19:15:02] <+Ryo> What is an egg

Worst grammar:

<+Sneaky_Sneasel> What is QUICKLIER?

Biggest wagers:

2000, a tiny sum by Sneaky Sneasel on this question:

[20:02:20] * @tiger10x Daily Double Dex * "It has a very fine fur. Take care not to make it angry, or it may inflate steadily and hit with a Body Slam."

But he got it wrong. :(

Questions:

Single

RBY 200 * This is Lt. Surge's highest level Pokemon.
What is Raichu?

RBY 400 * There are this many different types of PokeBalls.
What is five/5?

RBY 600 * This Item ended being replaced by the Exp. Share in later generations.
What is Exp. All?

RBY 800 * "Use Control Pad To Surf Rad!"
What is Pikachu's Beach?

RBY 1000 * This stone-evolved Pokemon can be found wild in Cerulean Cave.
What is Wigglytuff?

GSC 200 * TM27 contains this move.
What is Return?

GSC 400 * Headbutt's TM can first be obtained here.
Where is Ilex Forest?

GSC 600 * This is the range of possible DV numbers.
What is from 0 to 15?

GSC 800 * The Day-Care can be found on this route.
Where is Route 34?

GSC 1000 * Falkner is the Gym Leader of this city.
What/where is Violet City?

RSE 200 * This PokeBall can be obtained through winning contests.
What is the Luxury Ball?

RSE 400 * This many Shoal Salts and Shoal Shells are needed to get a Shell Bell.
Who is Wattson?

RSE 600 * The Item "Letter" must be delivered to this person.
Who is Steven?

RSE 800 * The Pretty Petal Flower Shop can be found on this route.
Where is Route 104?

RSE 1000 * The Pokemon Fan Club resides in this city.
Where is Slateport (City)?

Daily Double FRLG * Seel is exclusive to this version.
What is neither?

FRLG 400 * After the Elite Four is upgraded, your rival's highest level Pokemon is this level.
What is 75?

FRLG 600 * This Item can be found by using the Itemfinder where Mr. Fuji was stood in the Pokemon Tower.
What is the Soothe Bell?

FRLG 800 * Pokemon Mansion has this many floors.
What is four/4?

FRLG 1000 * This is the person that gives you the Rainbow Ticket.
Who is Celio?

DP 200 * This is the name of the location on top of Mt. Coronet where you can catch Dialga or Palkia.
What is the Spear Pillar?

DP 400 * This Item is needed to evolve Happiny into Chansey.
What is an Oval Stone?

DP 600 * This is the island where Darkrai appears.
Where/what is Newmoon Island?

DP 800 * Double-Edge is this number TM.
Double-Edge is not a TM. (in DP)

DP 1000 * These two old Bug moves switched from physical to special.
What are Signal Beam and Silver Wind?

Misc 200 * A Super Potion heals this much HP.
What is 50?

Misc 400 * In a recent CoroCoro issue, a sequel to this Pokemon game was announced.
What is Ranger?

Misc 600 * This is the first Pokemon that Ash catches in Sinnoh.
What is Starly?

Misc 800 * January 12 is the birthday of this Pokemon game musician.
Who is Junichi Masuda?

Daily Triple Misc * This is Knock Off's base power.
What is 20?

Double

Dex 400 * Porygon2 evolves by trade while holding this item.
What is the Dubious Disc?

Daily Double Dex * "It has a very fine fur. Take care not to make it angry, or it may inflate steadily and hit with a Body Slam."
What is Wigglytuff?

Dex 1200 * This Pokemon's Japanese name is Beroberuto.
What is Lickilicky?

Dex 1600 * This Pokemon is Johto dex number 001.
What is Chikorita?

Daily Triple Dex * There are this many Psychic Pokemon that cannot learn the move Psychic.
What is four/4? (Unown, Wobbuffet, Wynaut, Beldum)

Tech 400 * These three Pokemon can potentially yield the most experience points.
What are Happiny, Chansey and Blissey?

Daily Triple Tech * This is Kecleon's highest base stat.
What is Special Defense?

Tech 1200 * The Shuca Berry is derived from this.
What is a cashew nut?

Tech 1600 * This is U-Turn's base power.
What is 70?

Tech 2000 * There are this many total ribbons in the Diamond/Pearl game data.
What is 80?

Psypoke 400 * This is the word of 2008.
What is quicklier?

Psypoke 800 * This recent addition to Psydex actually requires an updated version of Flash.
What is the CryDex?

Psypoke 1200 * 1000 Psybucks were recently offered for these two Pokemon's forum icons.
What are Glameow and Purugly?

Psypoke 1600 * Before Orre, Fiore, and Beyond had Azelf, it was named "Other Games Discussion" and had this Pokemon as a marker.
What is Latias?

Psypoke 2000 * Krisp changed her forum name to this before temporarily switching it to Jolteon. (two possible answers; must be very close to exact)
What is ^_^_^Jolteon^_^_^ or Jolteon^_^_^_^_^?

Patterns 400 * Pokemon Center, Victory Road, Battle Tower, Orange Islands, _____
What is Kanto Region? (Forum's Pokemon forums in order of appearance)

Daily Double Patterns * Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Porygon, _____
What is Omanyte? (Dex order)

Patterns 1200 * Rattata, _____, Zigzagoon, Bidoof
What is Sentret? (Similar Pokemon by generation)

Patterns 1600 * Goldeen, _____, Magikarp, Qwilfish, Remoraid
What is Seaking? (Fish-style Pokemon by dex number)

Patterns 2000 * Aguav, Apicot, Aspear, Babiri, Belue, _____
What is Bluk? (Berries alphabetically)

Free 400 * The first person to buzz in receives free points!

Free 800 * The second person to buzz in receives free points!

Free 1200 * If you don't buzz in, you receive free points!

Free 1600 * The tenth person to buzz in receives free points!

Free 2000 * The first person to buzz in receives free points!

Misc 400 * This is the longest river in the world.
What is the Nile River?

Misc 800 * The New England Patriots is the first unbeaten NFL team since the Miami Dolphins of this year.
What is/when was 1972?

Misc 1200 * This is the capital of Germany.
What is Berlin?

Misc 1600 * Super Smash Bros Brawl is set for release in Japan on this date.
When is Jan 31?

Misc 2000 * This person was the original host of Jeopardy!.
Who is Art Fleming?

Final Jeopardy
Final Clue * This person is the only Gym Leader that you mandatorily fight multiple times in the same game.
Who is Giovanni?

For the first time all year, a Jeopardy will take place! If it wasn't January, that might mean a little more, but it's not exactly as rare as trivias are known to be. This time, stasbot, the chat stat bot of #psypoke will be playing along, too! More specifically, stasbot will be taking some chat stats of #psypokejeopardy during the event to see how it works out. Watch out though or stasbot could beat you. :wink:

Where/when?

In the #psypokejeopardy chat channel on Saturday, January 19, at 7:00 PM EST. (click for other time zones)

For using the java applet to access the chats: go here, click on the Java Applet link, and type /join #psypokejeopardy when you're connected.

How it works:

Jeopardy can be viewed as a twist on the occasional trivia. It uses many more scripts than trivia does due to its complex structure, but it is not difficult for participants at all.

This Jeopardy works very similarly to normal Jeopardy. A clue is given, and after three seconds, people can buzz in. In order to do this, all you have to do is say "buzz" after the mode -m is set and hope that you entered it first. The buzzing process will be explained again at the beginning of Jeopardy.

After you buzz in, you will have eight seconds to answer. In order to answer, you must give the question to the clue (like normal Jeopardy). For example, one clue would be "this Pokemon is the first alphabetically," and its correct question (what you submit) would be "what is Abomasnow?". If you get the question wrong however, you do lose Psybucks (in the game, not the forums). If you need help, simply watch other people play along.

Jeopardy also consists of the ability to choose the next question from multiple categories and Psybuck values. This only happens for the person who gets a question correct though. There are two rounds of six categories and five values, which adds up to 60 total questions. Sometimes however, a round will end a little before all of the questions are chosen if it takes too long. Regardless, this has happened very few times.

It even consists of its own bonuses. One Daily Double in the first round and two in the second round can (as they suggest) double your Psybucks in the game. Only the chooser will be able to answer the question, and ten seconds are allowed to answer. Daily Triples made a debut last time, and those can really rack up the points. Other special bonuses come and go.

Final Jeopardy concludes the event. Here, one usually tough clue will be given. Like Daily Doubles, you can wager as many of your Psybucks as you want. For this question, an amount of twenty or thirty (depending on the type of question) seconds is allowed for you to think over your answer while you imagine the special Jeopardy music. After this, the final scores are tallied, and the winners are announced.

All script commands will be explained during the event for those that need help.

Rules:

1. No /me. There are actual reasons why this is a rule, so don't do it anyway.
2. Do not argue if you thought that you buzzed in before someone else. The entire process is scripted, and it is based on what appears on my screen only.
3. Do not PM any ops, especially me. If you have a complaint/question/whatever, wait until a break. (during the event)
4. Do not use any reference materials (such as the site).
5. Answers MUST be given in a question format such as "What is Pikachu?". This will be taken loosely, but drastic mixups between "where" and "who" will be called incorrect. (Pokemon are considered as "what"s)
6. You must use your forum name to receive any prizes. Various exceptions are allowed, but ask first. Also, do not change nicks during the event.

Prizes:

(non-staff, except for ribbons)
Winner: 3x Psybucks from Jeopardy, top three trainer card ribbon, temporary +v (voice) in #psypoke
Second and third: 2x Psybucks from Jeopardy, top three trainer card ribbon
Other people with positive scores: Psybucks earned + 1000
Other people with scores > -5000: 500 Psybucks
Yet other people: 100 Psybucks (for "effort")
For all people that come: the participation trainer card ribbon

Questions:

How much different is this from a normal trivia?
The biggest difference is in the questions themselves. It is possible to lose points, and you have to buzz-in before you answer. The question format for answers is slightly different, too. Similarities are basically in the knowledge bit, and it has the same trivia-like "atmosphere" to it. Benefits of Jeopardy comparatively include the amazingly high Psybucks amounts, an ability for everyone to score more easily or get back into contention for the lead, and the addition of small strategies (picking higher questions and the like). See above for all the little details.

Why should I go?
Because it's something really fun and worthwhile, and because I said so. :P

Are the questions Pokemon-related?
Yes, although there is a special category for random knowledge.

What time is it in my time zone?
Click the link and find out.

Is there freezing?
No. There are no extra restrictions like this, but in the event that someone goofs off, I can put he/she on "buzzignore."

Does only "buzz" work for buzzing in?
Yes, so you better type it out first and wait for -m to press enter. Even missing a "z" or using colors would cause the script to skip over you.

What are the special commands that will be included?
!chart: Shows the chart to the person choosing the next question.
!stop: Stops the countdown when a person is answering a question.
!q (category) (amount): Selects the next question.
!wager (amount): Allows an easier process for wagering in daily doubles, daily triples and final jeopardy.

Only the third and fourth commands there will be mandatory. All will be brought up during the event.

Why can't I talk when I get in there?
This would be supposing that you're late and +m is set. This usually means that it is between questions. +m is a special mode to be set on chat channels that mutes people without special privileges (voice or op). These are only given to staff members and people choosing questions.

How will typos be dealt with?
If they are understandable, they will be acceptable. Eight seconds are allowed for one to answer, so this should not come up too much.

What happens to rule-breakers?
Loss of 10000 Psybucks in the game, loss of all Psybucks on the offender's forum account, and permanent bans from #psypoke, #psypokejeopardy, the forums, the main site, and the internet forever. In other words, don't do it. :O

Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:41 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Shame we won't have a retard to laugh at like ghett0 or Munchlax911, because they're banned from the forums. :(

I'm not 100% if I can make it that night...sometimes I have to work on Saturday nights.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I'm going to assume that cheating will be easily spotted, by you guys changing the psydex?

What if there are still discrepancies - "Zomg, you got 5 questions in a row right, you cheatz". Could you just say arbitrarily that all are cheaters?

Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, changing the psydex wouldn't do anything, because there are still other poke-resources on the internet :O

But I think everyone should just play honestly, and if they don't, well shame on them >:(

BTW Krisp if you want something to laugh at...
clicky
lmao the poem:
Ghetto wrote:

We're lonely...
We aren't strong yet...
But please find it in your heart
To help us thrive
We just ask for
1 good community
I'm not asking to much..
Just find it in your heart..
To help us thrive.

Ghett0 wrote:
This message you just read, was not typed by my hands. But my heart.

That link+poem should keep you laughing until jeopardy, at which point you will need to find another source of comedy :)

Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh, can I aply for the jeporday idiot (not really)

FInaly, a jeporday, (hopefully) I may not miss!

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:49 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Shame we won't have a retard to laugh at like ghett0 or Munchlax911, because they're banned from the forums. :(

You never know Krisp, you never know...

Hopefully, I won't buzz in too early. I probably could have gotten a better score.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm going to assume that cheating will be easily spotted, by you guys changing the psydex?

What if there are still discrepancies - "Zomg, you got 5 questions in a row right, you cheatz". Could you just say arbitrarily that all are cheaters?

To be honest, it's trivia that gets the cheaters. I've only done about two of those questions total counting each Jeopardy I've done. Getting five questions in a row is not uncommon, and it wouldn't raise serious suspicion of a cheater. All you have to do is say buzz first and you have your shot. What lets you know that someone could be cheating is if they don't answer (or buzz) for a period of time, and then suddenly come up with the answer. Of course, it could be argued that the person was thinking that whole time. I've suspected many different people of cheating before, and no one can stop that.

On the other hand, that doesn't mean that I don't have back up plans specifically for cheaters. I'm not as harsh as other people when it comes to proving the cheater, but at least some people have admitted it when they cheat.

tennis8668 wrote:
Well, changing the psydex wouldn't do anything, because there are still other poke-resources on the internet :O

Being serious, I've never seen another Pokemon site as well organized as the one we are so fortunate to have. In the case that no one knows the answer right off, I doubt that you could find the answer on some random other site in less than thirty seconds and still even be able to buzz in. Plus, if there are enough wrong answers (four), the question will stop.

As for the occasional people that are awful at Jeopardy, it's not something you apply for; it's more of something that you were made for. I can get rid of people that try to get negatives or even make them look worse. Not knowing the answers and completely failing are different things.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:24 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

God dammit, Peanut Lover, is it REALLY that necessary to create drama everywhere you go? Believe it or not, you're NOT part of the staff, so you really DON'T need to worry about cheating/lying/whatever. Christ, please, you're a normal member, and nobody (read: nobody) likes your constant nagging/questioning/etc etc about this and that and things that really have NOTHING to do with you. You're getting as bad as garbanzo, or whatever that colombian ex-user's name was, and you know what happened to him.

Anyway, I won't be there, but stasbot will be (assuming my computer will work by then), and it will create stats similar to those of #psypoke's, with a few different changes :)

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Wrap-up posted, and stasbot's stats should come in soon.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:58 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I can't believe I got in the top 3. o/

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I MISSES THE JEPORDAY, AGAIN!!!

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:33 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]