It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Psypoke Trivia - September 19th! 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Right, so, I got the turn out I wanted on my poll, so I've decided the date of September 19th 2009. It will be at 8pm EST (sorry Europe :( ) and if you don't know what timezones are, try here. I plan on celebrating my 21st birthday the night before, so hopefully I won't have to move the date back. I picked the 18th because I'm guaranteed to have it off of work, and I don't think I'll have anymore weekends off for a long time.

Why are we having trivia?
To celebrate the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver in Japan! I plan to make this a G/S themed trivia, although there will be questions from ALL the generations. Expect AWESOME!!!1!1 gimmicks featuring Gold and Silver.

Where is trivia?

It'll be held in the Psypoke chatroom. Details on how to join #psypoketrivia will be given on the 19th.

What are the rules?

1.) Do not spam or flood the channel. Flooding means sending text into the chatroom line after line. This is the #1 rule and will result in a ban that cannot be appealed.
2.) Complaining. If you think something is unfair and very important, PM me and I might sort it out at the end. All text in the chatroom is judged by what appears on my screen first, not yours. Any other complaints should be sent to krisp@ijustdontcare.com.
3.) Using colors will get you banned. I'll warn everyone at the beginning of trivia not to use colors.
4.) Being a general annoyance. If you have an answer, by all means, please say it and hope your guess is right. Answering "MUDKIPZ LOL" or something equally stupid to every question will most likely get you perma banned from the chatroom(s).

That's about it on the rules, I'm pretty lenient.

What kind of questions will there be?

I'm glad you asked! There will be questions from RBY, GSC, RSE, DP, anime, and TCG. Your awesome administrator has not played Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Platinum, XD, Dash, Trozei, or any pinball games. So don't expect any questions from those.

What are the prizes?

1st place: Pick from list (see below)
2nd place: Gets second pick from list (see below)
3rd place: Gets the last voucher on the list (see below)
4th, 5th, and 6th places get any one Pokemon AND one item from DP and it's guaranteed to be legit (except Arceus). All Pokemon will be transfered to you via WiFi, so if you want your prize you have to send me a PM to set it up.

AWESOME PRIZES:
- Name Change
- Custom Rank
- THREE Pokemon of your choice via WiFi. They will be legit except Arceus. They can be holding any item too.

That's it on trivia. Please post comments/questions if any arise.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:50 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WICKED!! The Psypoke Trivia sounds awesome! The prizes are nice too. I just got one question about the custom rank thing. Does it mean I can change my rank to something like"Awesome Trainer" and put 8 Luxury Balls?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Aren't the avatar dimensions 130x130 anyway? ;o

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

They're 80x80 if I recall correctly.

EDIT: I just checked. You're right. I don't remember it being changed though. :\

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For the trivia would we be allowed to get a Shaymin for 4th 5th or 6th place

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm so getting that rank change 'Rocket Leader' 8-)

I just hope I can get the timing right....I have a party around then

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sounds awesome! This might actually get me to dust off IRC and use it.

For 4th-6th prize is there any say in IVs, etc?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Custom Ranks, eh? Should be awesome. Is there going to be a limit to how many people can sign up?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

edit: post no longer applies because loljiggz

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:13 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I wasn't aware the avatar dimensions were changed. Originally they were 70x70, then 85x85, then 100x100, now they're 130x130. :|

Anyway, I changed that last prize to make it worthwhile.

Platinum493 wrote:
For the trivia would we be allowed to get a Shaymin for 4th 5th or 6th place

Yes, any of the 493 Pokemon. I attended the American Shaymin event last year and got a legit Shaymin.

MasterChef wrote:
Sounds awesome! This might actually get me to dust off IRC and use it.

For 4th-6th prize is there any say in IVs, etc?

Um...probably not. I haven't played Diamond or Pearl in a long time but I'm pretty sure I soft reset for legendaries with good IVs and natures. Otherwise, if you want a Pokemon with 31 IVs in all stats, I'll have to hack one.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

actually jiggz changed them back to 100x100 earlier

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Aww man I want that custom rank prize.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Cool, the prizes sound awesome!!! I can't wait for the event. :D

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:20 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So, this is general knowledge stuff like "what number is this pokerman!" or will this get into the specifics IE: "what level does this pokemon learn this attack" and stuff like that.

Also I don't think you can really regulate this but how do you feel about searching the site for the answer to the questions? I don't plan to do said action I'm just wondering how you feel about it... though I don't see why someone would, it would most likely take to long to find the information >_>

How are you doing scoring, every right question worth 1pt etc?

I look forward to this, I doubt I'll win but it's a nice way to spend an evening!

Off topic but.. This day just so happens to fall on the same day as this particular event!

TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY! YEAAAA!!

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shasticus wrote:

Also I don't think you can really regulate this but how do you feel about searching the site for the answer to the questions? I don't plan to do said action I'm just wondering how you feel about it... though I don't see why someone would, it would most likely take to long to find the information >_>

I lol'd. That's called cheating. But actually it doesn't take too long. PEANUT-LOVER DID IT AND HE'S THE BEST.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
The Geek
The Geek

Shasticus wrote:

It's cheating. And we can regulate it. We will catch you, and you'll be banned for it. So don't do it, mmkay?

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Jigglypuff wrote:
Shasticus wrote:

It's cheating. And we can regulate it. We will catch you, and you'll be banned for it. So don't do it, mmkay?

Peanut_Lover wrote:
what is klomp berry

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Good times, good times....

Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:40 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Already said I wasn't planning on doing it! I've done these kind of events before on another site with people who have though. That's why I asked because the ones who were running the event didn't do anything about it; just don't wanna get screwed again was all *shrugs*

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have a family gathering that day D:!! I might end up 'sick' though ya never knowwww ;p

*really looking forward to*

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

holy cow! more than 22 here. Yeah, I'm out. :(
Still, I have a question: the pokémon can be shiny and still legit?

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Shasticus wrote:
Already said I wasn't planning on doing it! I've done these kind of events before on another site with people who have though. That's why I asked because the ones who were running the event didn't do anything about it; just don't wanna get screwed again was all *shrugs*

Why do you bother saying anything then? I don't care if you're not coming, I only care to read replies from people who are coming or aren't acting like twats about not coming. I don't really know what you're trying to say in your post, but if you're talking about me abandoning it, I'll say this: if I flake out it'll be because of the people who have made silly and/or annoying posts in this thread. I already wrote 40 questions and I want to use them, but people telling me they have better things to do or asking for ridiculous requests like legit shinies and Pokemon with max IVs are really starting to make me hesitate. I don't want the prizes to be the main focus of this; I just want to host a trivia like we used to do in the past few years. Nobody wants to deal with the stupid crowd and all the whining and that's why we haven't had one in forever. Even with people like the ones I just mentioned, I know Frost/TK/Rhaps/Serps/S_S will still show up to have fun. None of them care about the prizes.

Quote:
Still, I have a question: the pokémon can be shiny and still legit?

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I really do just wanna be in it for the fun and thrill of testing my knowledge of Pokemon against other people, the prizes are icing on the cake to me.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

k: pretty sure he was referring to cheating

lmao p-l where is he anyway. Trivia sounds exciting though. Good times. If i dont have anything im smashing it, people will die

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Just your average 10 year old

Sweet. So coming. I missed jeapordy last year. (or did they do it at all?)

So About the TCG, not trying to get an answer or anything, but what sets will be asked about? Like will there be questions about all sets from Base to Rising Rivals or only the newer ones?

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next