It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 underestimated pokemon? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Shuckle: My favorite Pokemon, as may be apparent to you. Shuckle has the highest Defense and Special Defense in the game, and when given a proper moveset can bring battles to a near halt while other things are being done, such as using Revives or Hyper Potions. Toxic hits a good number of Pokemon, and allows Shuckle to stall and do increasing amounts of damage at the same time, with no chances of missing.

Yes, but it's Att. and Sp. Att are pretty much useless. Other than Toxic, I fail to see any use of him in online battling.

Wed May 30, 2007 4:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<b>I think {zubat} {golbat} and {crobat} are underestimated. They're always reserved for the grunts of the villain teams. They ttly rock.</b>

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Wed May 30, 2007 4:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lone--Wanderer wrote:
Shuckle: My favorite Pokemon, as may be apparent to you. Shuckle has the highest Defense and Special Defense in the game, and when given a proper moveset can bring battles to a near halt while other things are being done, such as using Revives or Hyper Potions. Toxic hits a good number of Pokemon, and allows Shuckle to stall and do increasing amounts of damage at the same time, with no chances of missing.

Yes, but it's Att. and Sp. Att are pretty much useless. Other than Toxic, I fail to see any use of him in online battling.

Attack stats are not the key to a successful battle. For example, Rampardos has excellent Attack, but pitiful defenses, and therefor is worthless since it cannot take a hit. Shuckle, however, can do damage while remaining in the battle, if EV trained properly for HP, Defense and Special Defense.

So, perhaps Shuckle is not up in the Uber Tier, but I can easily see one as a reliable asset to any team, especially with Leftovers to restore it's Hit Points.

Wed May 30, 2007 4:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Poliwrath @ leftovers
Lonely: Water Absorb
Evs: 126 attack, 126 sp attack, 252 speed, 6 hp
Attacks: Brick Break
Surf
Hypnosis
Bulk Up

pretty much, put them to sleep, bulk up a few times and sweep with brick break

Name: Erik
Friend Code: 1160 9109 9627

Wed May 30, 2007 5:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Also, I've found Pinsir is pretty good. I don't know how UU he is, though.

Right now, mine has:
@ Leftovers
Bulk Up
Double Edge
Revenger
Strength

This took out Bruno's Machamp, Hitmonchan, and Hitmonlee. ^^

(this is in FR, soon I'll trade it Pearl and it'll be even more unstoppable)

Wed May 30, 2007 7:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
If Scizor is underestimated then I'll bring him up. He has a high attack and defense and a good speed to back up the attack. His special defense is all right but his special attack is low. Teach him physical moves with a high critical-hit ratio and give him Razor Claw or Scope Lens and his attack can get up there.

Thu May 31, 2007 2:15 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If Scizor is underestimated then I'll bring him up. He has a high attack and defense and a good speed to back up the attack. His special defense is all right but his special attack is low. Teach him physical moves with a high critical-hit ratio and give him Razor Claw or Scope Lens and his attack can get up there.
That brings back memories, In some groups Scizors were as common as Lucarios.^^

As more and more sweepers came out, Scizors huge attack stat got less and less attention. He's still got very high attack power though, used right he should be able to wreck something.

I don't think I'd use him, but I'm very fond of him.

Thu May 31, 2007 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think Tauros is a good one.
He's fast & has a high atk stat.

i agree because i beat gold with a lv 60 tauros

Team-Electrive,Magmortar,Milotic,Torterra,Staraptor and many others

Thu May 31, 2007 2:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i LOVE scizor, he's a godly physical sweeper and has really high defences with a massive amount of resistances, only fault in him is his 1 mega weakness, a 4x fire weakness, but regardless i still use him.

underestimated? hmm... i say... kabutops

very nice atk and good defences, though he has crazy weaknesses, especcially to grass, but giving him x-scissor can usually help with that, plus high physical attack for a water type, just like gyarados, give him waterfall and he can rape fire types, my personal kabutops knows waterfall, x-scissor, rock slide, and aerial ace (couldnt think of a good 4th and with this he can fight fighting types) i also have him holding a kings rock since 2 of those moves have decent chances of flinching.

Thu May 31, 2007 3:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Most underestimated my rattata =P

focus band
-endeavor
-quick attack

that all it know it lvl one can u see what im going for

Last edited by RickPeri on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Shuckle: My favorite Pokemon, as may be apparent to you. Shuckle has the highest Defense and Special Defense in the game, and when given a proper moveset can bring battles to a near halt while other things are being done, such as using Revives or Hyper Potions. Toxic hits a good number of Pokemon, and allows Shuckle to stall and do increasing amounts of damage at the same time, with no chances of missing

I agree with you, here's an awesome and uberly PWNING version of him

Shuckle@Bright Powder
Sassy
-Toxic
-Double Team
-Rest
-Earthquake
EVS in Sp.Def and Defense

Right off the bat toxic ur oppenent, then double team to the max. Rest when needed and then quake your oppenent to death. Evil Shuckle!!!

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lone--Wanderer wrote:
Shuckle: My favorite Pokemon, as may be apparent to you. Shuckle has the highest Defense and Special Defense in the game, and when given a proper moveset can bring battles to a near halt while other things are being done, such as using Revives or Hyper Potions. Toxic hits a good number of Pokemon, and allows Shuckle to stall and do increasing amounts of damage at the same time, with no chances of missing

I agree with you, here's an awesome and uberly PWNING version of him

Shuckle@Bright Powder
Sassy
-Toxic
-Double Team
-Rest
-Earthquake
EVS in Sp.Def and Defense

Right off the bat toxic ur oppenent, then double team to the max. Rest when needed and then quake your oppenent to death. Evil Shuckle!!!

That seems good in-game. But it seems like just a staller when the opponent has a hazer since haze is effective against both toxic and double team. And with 10 base sp attack, EQ just seems like a waste. Although the defenses are extremely impressive, the HP just doesn't cut it I think. Just ends up evening out in the end. Good thing it doesn't have something like seismic toss.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my friend underestimates my latios a lot but i still beat him with him.......... haha

Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ger911 wrote:
quagsire good water ground

that sense no make

lmfao very well put!

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

my friend underestimates my latios a lot but i still beat him with him.......... haha

This is not a topic for pkmn that your friends underestimate it is a topic for pkmn that are underestimated in general well I was thinking should a scizor have max speed in EVs and Atk or should It be put in to Sp Def?

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:12 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I'm still working on my Scizor and I don't know which way to go.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:47 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2