It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tournament 

What should the prize be?
Poll ended at Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:41 pm
A pkmn 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
A rare item 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
a shiny 88%  88%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 16

Tournament 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

No double items is a common rule. Not for fairness, but to test skill and force more variety. Never really 100% necessary but nothing uncommon or silly.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

No double items is a common rule. Not for fairness, but to test skill and force more variety. Never really 100% necessary but nothing uncommon or silly.

Thanks for the support plus I want to see variety you know

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:51 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK I have decided the prize it will be a Shiny and it will go like this
1st place- one Shiny pkmn choice of(Sceptile,Groudon,Charmeleon,Charizard,Scizor)
2nd place-Any 2 items TM,MB,magmarizers/electrizers, etc
3rd place- same as 2nd place only 1 item
Tournament will be July 11th is that fine with everyone?
Also there is still room for more people so please join :D

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:22 am
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

**Name Femi**

Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Im in the prizes are too goos to pass up
**Name Femi**

Yeah just give me your code also I edited the rules did you see well I kind of in a way went 1/2 way with you

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:38 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok Death76 you have been added anyone else we still have room?

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

death your gonna be in a lot of tournaments lol good luck. I guess you can count me in to but I may back out after seeing how my first tournament goes.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:52 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

!Wi-FI Records!

1-2
Stefan

1590-1384-2241

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:24 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

!Wi-FI Records!

1-2
Stefan

1590-1384-2241

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

death your gonna be in a lot of tournaments lol good luck. I guess you can count me in to but I may back out after seeing how my first tournament goes.

ok you want me to put you in as pending?

And Charizard trainer what is your info?

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:53 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My hope is to get into the top 3 in em too, Tournements are the best way to fing ALL the faults in you team, at least that's what im hoping :P

**Today i learned that Garadevior is not really needed and too much swiching out leads to DEATH learned to thanks Gamer Guy for that 1**

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

dont u think the first price should be something better?
i mean something like darkrai , shaymin, and arceus.

shiny groudon scizor and all that is good but shouldn't it be better?

Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

SANDMAN wrote:
dont u think the first price should be something better?
i mean something like darkrai , shaymin, and arceus.

shiny groudon scizor and all that is good but shouldn't it be better?
Shinys are way more valuable than those over hacked pokemon, dude.

Anyone who trades a lot for one of them got majorly scammed.

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hey but i am willing to offering a shaymin for the first price i know it is hacked but let me know if u guys want that

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just updated all the prizes now up to 3rd place and if we get more people then I will make up to 5th place so tell your friends lets get this thing alive :D

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:33 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ok
i know 2 to 3 people that mighgt be intrested
i will let them know

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hey
this guy emailed me in yahoo answers and he wants to be in that tournament but i dont now how to contact him to tell him more about the tournament because he doesnt allow im and email.
but he told me his friend code
3394 0149 0991 Jaime

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ok i got one more person who is intrested his info is

Killer and 5069 0709 4881

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok all the people you have informed of the tournament have been added good job SANDMAN but are they going to show up?

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:57 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

if you still need people i'm in. info is at very bottom of sig

FC:1246 8475 3519
LULZ
I can't visit as often. Maybe I'm on my DS. Or playing Super Brothers Smash Brawl. Or doing theater. Ya.

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I hope in the time it took to create a name the slots didn't fill up

Name: Jazelle
FC: 4381 8459 1454
Timezone: USEast

Couple questions. SOmebody posted about the Item Clause, (limit to one of each item) will that be in effect? Normally I run two leftovers but I could change if need be.

Evasion clause: I know many sites that ban the use of Double Team/Minimize, as they limit the metagame. I could go into long stories about how they are used, and cannot be countered well except to use it yourself. It makes the game revolve around slim luck.
For starters, 60 power moves like Aerial Ace that never miss, are not good counters. Even with STAB. Besides, an Aerial Ace staraptor will do well on a double teaming pikachu. Hell, any Bird won't be able to take a hit.
Roar/Whirlwind doesn't work either, as it goes second, you get at least 2 DT's off, and if one must switch in, you get 3 DTs off. By that time, you won't be hit.
The fact that when using DT, it forces an opponent to have a counter, is what makes it limiting. It forces certain moves or pokemon onto a team incase you see it, and even still may not be able to be dealt with, as it's all luck by that point.

--Sorry, but those are my little tidbids of opinion. Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Uber clause I agree with and use as well. Self-KO clause is a new one for me to see, but I don't think it's the best rule. I however use no Explosions, but I know teams that do. And the T-tar, Chomp, Dnite, Smence, Metagross, it is common to see 2 or more of those on teams. Look at Marrilands team on Youtube, he does. They're not Uber, just really really overused, and they're overused because they're that good. IMO it's the Regis, and Cressila and those types that are overpowered.
Sorry for the really long post, wanted to ask and put two cents in though.

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i got another person who seems to be really intrested.

Steve
0645 2425 7129

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm going to have to disagree with your feelings on the meta/Drag/Sala/Tar ban.

Like you said it isn't uncommon to see 2 of them on a team, because they are that good. That's exactly why they would be banned. Because their stats and usability are higher than most other pokemon. It affects diversity. Now I wouldn't go as far as to say that they should always be banned, but this rule does promote diversity.

Also, they actually are better than the regis and cresselia.

And the self ko clause is very unusual, because the way the clause normally works, is that your aren't allowed to self ko with your last pokemon and get a draw.

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The dragons and such are normal pokemon with 600 base stats that you find and catch in game. As such, their stats are varied. I'll use Dragonite as an example several times. Low Speed, low HP, High special attack? Hardly a good use of 600 base stats. And his ability Inner Focus? Hardly useful. Cress's Levitate? Amazingly useful.

Cress and the regis are legendary (not uber mind you, there is a difference and I'm aware of it) however, due to that reason, their stats are more properly placed for their job. Cress is quite possibly the best wall in the game. Both defenses are huge, with a large HP to boot. Comes packed with Calm Mind for offense and even more Walling, along with a heal in Moonlight. Blissey can't say the same for Defense and gets OHKO'd from a fighting move, or strong STAB physical.

The regis come with powerful Def boosting moves. Regi(s) used Iron Def and Amnesia, it can't be hurt. Then curse up, (lower that useless speed stat btw) and he's win. Chomp/Salamence/Dnite/T-tar usually have no use for special attack, or defenses, yet they have a good chunk of stats in them. Dragonite certaintly doesn't have enough speed, and almost MUST use dragondance to be viable. He clearly shouldn't be restricted for the reason of needing a turn to set up. PLUS: the dragons come with x4 weakness to a common attack, Ice Beam. Notice, aside from Kingdra, you don't have dragon types outside of Ground or Flying, Gamefreak is aware that the x4 balances them out. Cress and Regi(s) can't say the same about a balancing weakness. Look at the (unofficial) tier lists that you can find on Smogon/Serebi/Gamefaqs. None of the 600 base except for Darkrai or Mew I think, are Uber. They are OU (over used) which simply means because of thier strength are going to be used more frequently.

The fact that the dragons don't have stats placed as well, and they have simple ways to be killed, prevents them from being unfair. Pick a Weavile for your team, and have no fear of 4 of the 5 dragons (Nite, Mence, Chomp, Flygon....Kingdra) Or pick a Starmie, or a Gyrados, or a dragon of your own. Use a Dusknoir to burn it, Skarmory to phase it out, things can be done about them. Skarm can even wall the dragons quite well.
If you don't wanna pick one of them, they can be killed with one or two neutral damage STAB moves. Alakazams Psychic? Raikous Thunderbolt? Won't touch Cress/Regis but it'll take care of the dragons.
Cress, not so much..... it takes an unusual counter to stop her. Assuming she doesn't Calm mind + moonlight....then she can't be stopped.

Not all pokemon are equal. Some are just flat out worse than others, and that's fine. It's the same reason you don't see first form pokemon in any serious fight. You won't see Dragonair, because it's stats are lower than Dragonites. It's not wrong to use pokemon that are stronger, that's how you win. Overused does not mean uber/unfair/too powerful, it simply means they are the best of the best that Gamefreak decided to make.
Look at any pro sport. Are the players that get selected for the All Star game banned or restricted on teams because they're too good? No. They're overused though, because they're better.

I also would like to nominate Wobbafett + Whynaut for the banned list. NOt sure if he's on there I forgot, but he should be.
[Edit] It seems Wobb is on there. However I looked closer at the list, Heatran has no business being banned. and ESSPECIALLY not Regifail(gigas) In fact, I WISH I could fight a regifail, Slow Start makes him so useless it doesn't matter if he's used or not.

Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next