It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:50 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tournament Rules, Waiting List and Sign-up Links 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ahh, I'm very sorry for being gone Afonso. If you still want to do it, it's approved. I'm going to put it in the "No idea" section until you say you want to do it.

pokemonrox96: Yes, I need your rules here. Yup, just edit them into your post and I'll re-edit it with approval/disapproval.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd love to do it, I just don't know if I'm going to have enough members to join Dx but whatever
I'll create the thread

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

:x

My apologies, pokemonrox, I forgot about your tournament with all the reconstruction taking place in Battle Tower recently. I'm sorry. :(

Approved to fly as soon as you're ready.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ill make thread ASAP
probably wont get around to it till 2moro

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Edit: Can someone please approve this?

Here's the tournament I want to start.
The Egg Classic
Rules:
1.All pokemon must be LV1, hatched from an egg.
2. Pokemon may not have had any stat increase items used on them.
3. No hacks. All movesets, abilties, etc must be legal.
4.No Manaphy or Phione.
5. Please give name/FC in post.
6. Pokemon must be in their first form.
Prizes(LV1)
1st place: Phione, with enigma berry.
2nd place: Scyther, with enigma berry.
Participants: Rotom.

1st or second place may get a lower prize if they want to.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Welcome to the Super Special Awesome Psypoke Monotype Tournament.

Rules: No extreme Hacks, but quick ev training is accepted (no wondertomb, or wondereye, no 252 ev's in all stats.)
No Ubers (Garchomp, and Deoxys-S will be allowed)
Item Clause
Species Clause
Evasion Clause (sandstorm plus sand veil, or hail plus snow cloak abilities are accepted)
Sleep Clause
No OHKO moves
Movesets must be legal, Platinum movesets are welcome.

Advanced Rules: The team you use in battle must be five sixth's of your chosen type. You are allowed only one pokemon that isn't your chosen type (known as your wild card). If you have more than one pokemon that isn't of the chosen type then YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED NO QUESTIONS ASK. You may also switch pokemon between rounds, including your wild card. ( I would prefer you to stick with a set team to keep things easier on you so you aren't trying to extremely change your strategy mid-tournie, but you are free to change pokemon between rounds) So your team should look like this if you are using the fire type.

Main Pokemon: {charizard}
{ninetales}
{arcanine}
{rapidash}
{magmar}
{dragonite} (wild card pokemon)

I aim to have anywhere between 10-17 people in the tournament, with a minimum of eight. I also hope to finish the tournament within 3-4 weeks. It will also be up to the competitors to arrange the times and dates of their battles (please don't wait too long to schedule the match). Competitors must PM results to me. If a discrepancy occurs, re-do the match, if it happens again then both people are out.

Prizes (because everyone loves them)
Winners will be able to chose their prize between three selected pokemon ([pre ev trained] with the item of their choice) with first prize picking first, and the pokemon are.

Skarmory Impish Nature
Moves:Spikes, Roost, Whirlwind, Brave Bird

Gengar Modest Nature
Moves:Substitute, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast

Arcanine Jolly Nature
Moves:ExtremeSpeed, Flare Blitz, Thunder Fang, Iron Tail.

If the victors don't like the pokemon that are listed I would gladly give them a pokemon they would want, down to the moves, ev's, held item, and nature.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Both approved, although Taji's is way cooler. Since there are two active tournaments already, you'll both be put on the waiting list until then. I'll give a heads up when the spots open up.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

His is cooler? Dragon types will dominate. Anyways, will my tournament get the first opening to start since I posted it first?

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:19 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Correct, your tournament will be permitted to begin once one of the current ones end.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'd like to get in line for hosting a tournament.

Standard OU matches, Four people minimum up to twelve max.

--Chef's standard cup--

-Wifi
-Lv100 Single Battle
-Ubers Clause.
-OHKO Clause. (Metronome allowed)
-Evasion Clause. (Acupressure/Metronome, Starf berry and Sand Veil/Snow Cloak allowed. All accuracy modifiers allowed)
-Sleep/Freeze Clause. (Rest sleep not included, Effect spore and Secret power[if played on PBR] may break.)
-Species Clause. (including pokemon with multiple forms)
-Legal movesets, ablities and stats.

There will be strict time limits of one week on each round starting on Sunday. Each player must reply in the thread by Tuesday night showing that they are aware of their match.
Any matches unable to line-up a battle will be decided on Saturday night by a coin toss, unless one of the contenders never show for the entire week in which they will forfeit.

Prizes:
1st
30 Psybucks (when available)
One pokemon of the winners choosing to be breed with up to 4 IV's at 31,(a 5th stat may be aimed at with a ~20ish IV.) correct nature, ability and up to two egg moves. Pkrs optional.
(depending on the pokemon and luck this may take from a week to upwards of a month to produce.)
2nd
10 Psybucks (when available)
A Ditto with a select nature and up to 4 IVs at 31.
(as above it may take time to procure, and I will breed this after I breed the winners poke.)

I will be competing in this tournament as well, my prize being not having to breed the 1st prize. :P

Cactuar wrote:
His is cooler? Dragon types will dominate.

Then counter them with a good ice team :lol:

Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Approved Mr. Chef. Who knows, maybe I'll participate in this one...

Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hello, I'd like to request to go on the waiting list to create a tournament please. It will be called 'Arceus's Uber Pokemon Tournament', in which the contestants will only be allowed to fight with Ubers and Legendaries, such as Rayquaza, Groudon, Giratina, etc. To be specific, only final-stage beginners, Legendaries, Dragon-type, 1-a-game rarity, and wellknown Ubers like Wobbuffet. It shouldn't last more than a week or two for the tournaments, depending on how many sign up. The battles would start out as 2x2 battles, double or single, and progress to where, at the end, it will be a 6x6 battle, I think, unless 6x6 the whole time seems to be a better course of action. The prizes would be level 77 Rayquaza, and level 73 Kyogre and Groudon, THe winner, then second, then 3rd place choosing in the appropriate order; everyone else gets a Flygon or Shelgon.

Image (by Ender)

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
Might as well get on the list now:

Name: The Eevee cup!
Number of competititors: 4-10
Estimated length: Likely no more than 1.5 weeks
Rewards:

• 1st Place: A shiney Eevee AND a firestone, waterstone, or thunderstone AND a gold statue sprite of an Eevee.

• 2nd Place: A Eevee with all IV's all above 25 AND a firestone, waterstone, or thunderstone AND a silver statue sprite of an Eevee.

• 3rd Place: A Eevee AND a firestone, waterstone, or thunderstone AND a bronze statue sprite of an Eevee.

• Participation: A Eevee Egg.

Rules:

• Only the following pokemon are legal: Eevee {eevee} Vaporeon {vaporeon} Jolteon {jolteon} Flareon {flareon} Espeon {espeon} Umbreon {umbreon} Leafeon {leafeon} Glaceon {glaceon}

• Each Contestant must register 3 or 4 eligeable pokemon, 3 to battle and *Optional* 1 as an allternate.

• No contestant can enter 2 or more of any elidgable pokemon.

• All movesets, stats, and abilities must be legal.

• No swearing or off topic conversation

• All battles will be level 100 battles

• Whether it is single or double will alternate from round to round

Example of a legal Team:

In Battle

• Jolteon {jolteon}

• Vaporeon {vaporeon}

• Flareon {flareon}

Alternate

• Eevee {eevee}

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Both approved. I'll PM you guys when you can post your sign up thread.

You don't have to listen to me about this, but if I may say so...

...both your prizes seem kind of lackluster. khoufu, your prizes just seem so basic and not very exciting; "give out the legendaries from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald". As for you flygon tamer, the prize itself isn't normally bad, but if this is an Eevee tournament, you'd think that all the participants already have plenty of Eevees already from having to create some for this tournament.

I dunno, that's just my opinion, and an insignificant one at that. Prizes are optional anyways, so I can't do anything regarding them in terms of making you change anything. Carry on.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
Ok I'll think of revising them, any advice?

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks for the tip, I'll see what I can do to make it better, but I can only clone on Emerald, and I can't get the Regis because I don't have the TM Dig; I also can hatch pokemon. Suggestions, just let me know.

Image (by Ender)

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

One question about my monotype tournament, seeing how Afonso's second fusions cup is announced as over in his thread may I get my tournament's sign up thread started si vous plait.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:29 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Go right ahead Taji.

khoufu: Yeah, no Dig TM sucks in RSE since you can't buy it. You could level up a Nincada or Trapinch enough so they learn it manually, but that takes a good while. D: (somewhere around level 45 for Nincada I think... dunno about Trapinch).

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:39 pm
Profile WWW

would a choice of Salamance, Flygon, Garchomp, Dragonite, or Tyranitar for the top three, then an random egg of one of those pokemon be good rewards? (All 100% Legit)

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, that sounds great, I'd go for that in an instant! But you probably want the pro's opinion.

Image (by Ender)

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, here is what I'd like to do.

Tournament name- The Underdogs Cup!

Rules:
1. All 6 pokemon must be from the UU/NU tier. Tier list HERE. Use of pokemon from any tiers above it will result in disqualification.

2. All pokemon must have legit stats, movesets, natures, etc. Hacked pokemon are welcome as long as they abide by these rules.

3. Evasion, Sleep, Species, OHKO, and Item clause will be in tact. FEAR is not allowed!

Exceptions to rule #3 include: Up to 2 "Leftovers" allowed. Abilities relating to evasion through weather(Sand veil, Snow cloak) are allowed, also accupressure's possible evasion boost is accepted. Metronome's use of a OHKO move is also allowed.

4. All battles must be fought as lv. 100 single battles.

5. In order to join, the trainer must have X posts on the forums, and promise activity during X time.

Prizes:(The prizes are all UT legit pokemon that I obtained during my event collecting stage. I've got a lot more, so I'm willing to adjust the prizes if required.)

1st place- TRU Manaphy + all other prizes.

2nd place- ALAMOS Darkrai + 10 ANIV Celebi

3rd place- 10 ANIV Celebi

Consolation prize(Given to all participants)- Movie Darkrai, just pm me after the torunament to recieve it.

Mon May 11, 2009 2:22 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No. Absolutely not. You can not host this tournament.

...that's what I'd say if I hated you. I don't, so it's approved Theo. :3

Mon May 11, 2009 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Name: The Metronome Tournament

Hosted By: ME LOLZ

RULES

1. 6v6, LV 100 Single

2. All pokemon are allowed, from Mew to Magikarp. Hacks, etc are legal, as long as they do not break gameplay laws (max EVs in all stats, for instance. 31 IVs in all stats are allowed. Also, Metronome may be hacked onto any pokemon that would not normally learn it.)

3. All pokemon are allowed to know only the move Metronome. This is to be the only move in the set.

4. All items, abilities, etc. are allowed

5. No clauses since Metronome bypasses them regardless.

6. Prizes:
1st place: 2 bred EV trained pokemon of choice with choice of Egg moves, EVs, and 31 IV in 2 stats of choice, holding a Metronome.
2nd place: 1 bred EV trained pokemon of choice with choice of Egg moves, EVs, and 31 IV in 2 stats of choice, holding a Metronome.
Consolation: The Item Metronome

PLZ CAN I HSOT IT ARE_ARE PLZPLZPLZPLZPZLPZLZPZLZPZLZPZLZP

Mon May 11, 2009 9:07 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

NEVAR!!!!1!

Sounds great, EP. I'd say I could slip your tournament to the top of the waiting list, but that'd be power abuse. :(!

Tue May 12, 2009 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
I would like to host a tournament please.

Tournament name - The Uber League!

Rules:
1. WiFi 6v6, LV 100 Single (The same team is to be used for all battles i.e. the same pokemon with the same moveset. Order can be freely changed. {this rule is not set in stone yet i might remove it if people think it will unbalance the battles})

2. All pokemon must have legit stats, movesets, natures, etc. Hacked pokemon are welcome as long as they abide by these rules. Arceus is banned due to it not being officially released.

3. Evasion, Sleep, Species and OHKO clause will be in effect. FEAR is not allowed!

4. All participants must have Platinum version. (To allow for the use of Skymin and Giratina-O)

5. In order to join, the trainer must have 25 posts on the forums, and promise activity for the next couple of weeks.

6. The structure will be league style i.e. all trainers will battle each other with the winner of each match receiving 2 points, a draw resulting in 1 point for both and a loss resulting in nil points.

The tournament shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks if everyone who joins is active.

Prizes: Because of the hackish nature of the Uber Meta-Game I don't think any pokemon prizes would be suitable.

So the prize for winning is the knowledge that you are the best user of ubers on Psypoke.

Thu May 28, 2009 11:25 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next