It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 new D/P overused pokemon? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

In my opinion, lucario, garchomp and electivire are the new overused d/p pokemon. tell me what u think.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Definitely Lucario, idk about the other 2. Empoleon is also used quite a bit but since it's a starter whose to judge.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lucario is definately one of the most OU'ed pokemon I have ever seen. I don't know whats so great about it. The Fighting/Steel is a nice combo, yes, but it still doesn't make up for its stats. I mean, they are good, well really good, but, hell, Machamp pwns him in all areas.

Take a look at this. That has just a couple of the fighting types. I mean, GOD, BRELOOM, the darn mushroom pokemon, has higher attack than Lucario.

Electivire isn't really overused, neither is Garchomp. They are just good pokemon.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:20 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Lucario is definately one of the most OU'ed pokemon I have ever seen. I don't know whats so great about it.

Electivire isn't really overused, neither is Garchomp. They are just good pokemon.

Overused means that the Pokemon is seen often in competitive battling. Overrated means that you don't think the Pokemon is worthy of the attention it gets. Electivire, Lucario and ESPECIALLY Garchomp will probably all be overused as DP's metagame takes off. Whether or not they are overrated is an opinion. You think the latter is true for Lucario.

By the way, the key difference between Lucario and Machamp and Breloom is that Lucario is fast while the others are not. He is specifically designed to sweep whereas the other two are too slow to do that. Lucario can also use Special moves and most of the other existing Fighting Pokemon obviously cannot.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

At last someone supports Lucario :D . Garchomp is overused in my opinion and it rocks too.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lucario is good. I've got nothing against him. He is still overused, though.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, Lucario is definitely not as hyped up as everyone thought. I beat the Steel gym semi-easy with mine being about 10 levels behind Byron's Bastiodon, but taking it to the Elite Four at Lv. 39 was a nightmare.

However, Garchomp is the new Dragonite/Tyranitar/Salamence, so it's bound to be a common Pokemon. But an easy way to counter one is a strong Ice type move (Killed Cynthia's with one Blizzard from a Lv. 50 Empoleon :P).

Electivire, not so much. He's kind of a doozy to get, and with Electabuzz finally getting an evolution, it's also sure to be a common Pokemon.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well Lucario is overused but I'm still going to use one I like his stats plus he is the 2nd fastest steel type next to Jirachi well another OUed pkmn would be Garchomp not as much as Lucario though

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:49 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
I think Lucario is more than overused personally. People should use a Pokemon that has an advantage over it instead, because it'd help out against most other people in the world.

8 D

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

everyone likes lucriao or how ever you spell it (i suck at spelling) because he was in that movie. Garchomp and Elevtirvire may be over used but some people don't kno how to use them

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: On the back of a stampeding Tauros squealing, "WHEEE!"
Everyone's said all the same pokemon: Lucario (cough), Electivire, and Garchomp. I want to hear others. :P

Think Infernape has potential to become over used. I personally don't want one in any team of mine because... wait for it... it's ugly. >_<

Weavile also has the potential to become over used, but that doesn't bother me, because look at its stats and movepool! :P I'm actually going to train that one.

Rhyperior might become OU. Not that I blame people who want to train it--it's awesome.

Gallade... another one I admit that I want to train. I mean, it's not quite fast enough to be the ideal sweeper, but it looks cool and has a decent movepool, along with an awesome physical attack stat. I think people are just getting hyped up over the new evolutions. (I know I was excited when I heard Misdreavus would have a new evo.)

Porygon-Z too. Again, with reason.

Then again, is an OU pokemon that's OU with reason... really OU?

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:05 am
Graphic Genius

idk i love garchomp because you can teach it fire fang which tottaly suits his overbearing physical stat and covers his only real weakness (i dont count dragon) plus not to mention his speed i like him much better than {dragonite}, {tyranitar}, and {salamence}. Im suprised im not seeing that much of it.

as for lucario another one of my absolute favorites, it was meant to sweep. it is the epitome of a mixed sweeper. yes it is overused but can you blame it, with such a diverse movepool

i also think dusknoir will be more common place in the metagame due to the fact it is just a suped up version of the already overused dusclops and it has a enough attack to really hang in for a while. It can be used as any kind of wall sponge and a toxi trapping tank, all of that plus EQ with 100 base atk its unstoppable as long as the hp ev are there

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{azelf} {garchomp} {dusknoir} {gallade} {togekiss} {lucario}

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:35 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Then again, is an OU pokemon that's OU with reason... really OU?

Frost wrote:

Overused means that the Pokemon is seen often in competitive battling.

Nothing more, nothing less. Some of you guys still need to separate overused and overrated in your minds.

Out of the new Pokemon that were introducted in Diamond and Pearl, I would say that only Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Weavile, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Electivire, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Dusknoir, Azelf and, depending on whether they get classified as ubers or not, Manaphy and Darkrai are sure bets to make the OU tier. Garchomp is the #1 DP Pokemon that I have NO doubts will be in OU at all. Rhyperior is a close second.

Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]