It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 winning using baton passers? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well me and my freind were trying to think of a way to win that would be unusual. So far it would involve 3 baton passers, which are 2 Umbreons and a Scizor. first we send out a jolly natured umbreon evd in def and speed which know mean look, taunt, moonlight, and baton pass. and we first mean look them then taunt, and use moonlight when needed. Then the Umbreon baton passes to the 2nd Umbreon which is bold natured and evd in def and hp , and knows toxic, double team, moonlight, and baton pass. The secon Umbreon immediately uses toxic and then starts double teaming while healing when needed until double team is max. Then baton pass back to the first Umbreon if the foes poke has died from toxic, and mean look and taunt again. Then baton pass to Scizor who is careful natured and evd in special def. and hp and knows baton pass, agility, iron defence, and then roost. and he starts to do iron defence and agilty alternating so it would be iron defence agility iron defence agility etc. until maxed and uses roost when needed. Then baton passes to a zangoose with adamant nature or jolly, and is evd in speed and hp and knows swords dance slash x-scissor and taunt. And maxes atk with swords dance and then he should be faster than a lot of pokemon so he taunts every pokemon that switches into battle wheter he killed them or they just change pokemon. I havn't even decided if this is even usable and it would take a lot of turns to get to the right stage but once zangoose (could be a weavile) starts slashing every thing or x-scissor could possibly do a lot of damage, and stop hazers spikers and toxi trapers because of taunt.... any suggestions or could this even be used competitively? Anyways I have still not figured out the items and whether it should be a weavile or zangoose and the other 2 pokemon. Any suggestions would be great! :D

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

keep in mind that many people have Evasion Clause and Species Clause as rules in battle.

It's an interesting idea...fyi, the standard BP team is 5 BPers, which boost Def, SpD, Spd, and Atk/SpA, then pass to a sweeper. Smeargle with Spore and Ingrain prevents phazing, and hopefully hazing. Substitute on all BPers helps against CHs, which get past the defense boosts.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm sorry I'm still very new with pokemon so I have no clue what the abreviations you were using meant. And thanks :)

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm sorry I'm still very new with pokemon so I have no clue what the abreviations you were using meant. And thanks :)

phazing - Roar/Whirlwind, blocked by Ingrain
hazing - Haze, removes stat changes
BP - Baton pass
CH - Critical Hit
Atk: attack
SpA: special attack
Def: defense
SpD: special defense
Spd: speed

Shinies

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1 Hail
2 Sandstorm
They always do the same amount of damage no matter how much you raise evasion and defense. Your Scizor will only be immune to the Sandstorm. Everyone else bites the bullet on this one. Maybe a Sunny Day or Rain Dance could help in case the weather turns bad.

3 Stealth Rock
4 Spikes
These two moves will wreak havoc on an all-Baton Pass team. It would be wise to put a Rapid Spin in there somewhere if possible.

5 Toxic
You'll Baton Pass the poisoning to your allies.

And yeah, sometimes certain battle rules disallow multiples of the same kinds of Pokemon per team.

Other wise this seems like it could hold up for a little while.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ok cool thx ^^ but wouldn't taunt stop the spikers? and any 1 using hail and stuff (besides sand stream and snow warning) and thx ^^ i'll put a rain dance on my scizor perhaps for more protection gainst fire.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

3 Stealth Rock
4 Spikes
These two moves will wreak havoc on an all-Baton Pass team. It would be wise to put a Rapid Spin in there somewhere if possible.

5 Toxic
You'll Baton Pass the poisoning to your allies.

If you have a sub up, would the spikes hurt the sub?

Also, Subs will block Toxic.

Shinies

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Taunt will demolish your team without a fight. Also, all BP teams should have Ninjask for speed..

Ghett0 wrote:
No, I'm not some 7 year old. I'm a 8-) cool 8-) nine year old.

{gyarados} [_] {electivire} [x] {swampert} [_]
{porygon-z} [x] {milotic} [x] {drifblim} [_]
</center>

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A Gyarados with taunt ruins your whole gameplan. It leaves little room
to get the job done.

I recommend a baton passing Scizor which has good defenses and great attack, it gives you exactly what you need.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok cool thx ^^ but wouldn't taunt stop the spikers? and any 1 using hail and stuff (besides sand stream and snow warning) and thx ^^ i'll put a rain dance on my scizor perhaps for more protection gainst fire.

Taunt only allows the enemy to use attack moves, and Spikes and Stealth Rock are still considered "attack" because they don't change stats, recover, etc. but I don't know about the weather

Sion9 wrote:

If you have a sub up, would the spikes hurt the sub?

Also, Subs will block Toxic.

Good question. I think when the subber BPs out to an ally, the ally is hurt by spikes or rocks and remains hidden behind the substitute until the sub is broken.
----
But the way this strategy works, The Sub will break because it's being constantly attacked by the taunted enemy. Subs aren't that durable, If they don't break on the first turn, guess what happens on the next.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
u hav a very good idea goin u should like tell one of em site creaters bout taht better than any my combos i just use simple things like dry skin and surf but god u are to complex :?

Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Dont forget, a strong, fast, fighting pokemon, such as infernape or medicham, would take down your umbreon in two hits, thus not even allowing you to make it to the taunt. I suppose there is no perfect team thought, so you could take your chances. :wink:

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Where the hell is ninjask? Hes the GOD of baton passers! smeargles pretty good as well, since he can learn baton pass, calm mind, swords dance, belly drum, wish, etc.

Speaking of wish, why dont you have wish on your umbreons, wish passing is fun! It also helps out a smeargle whos belly drummed to max atk after somebody else iron defensed. (BTW, smeargle learns rapid spin)

and as the above people said (or at least the peole I read) tour team is taunt weak, might a suggest this move template:

Baton pass
Attack thats supported by stat up move (EG thunderbolt)
stat up move that supports attak (EG calm mind, nasty plot)
stat up move/attack/recovery/support/whatever

and make sure all of your pokemon know baton pass, suppose I come in with my ninjask/weaile combo and rip apart your zangoose with a max attack brick break, what are you gonna do about it?

Theres my 479329 cents.

If you need rescuing, PM me, I do it for free!

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

smeargles pretty good as well, since he can learn baton pass, calm mind, swords dance, belly drum, wish, etc.

Smeargle can BP anything, but one of it's best uses is BPing Ingrain, which prevents phazing. Plus, it can use Spore.

If you're making a BP team, in many cases the only pokemon with an attack move is the end sweeper. The rest of the pokemon use defense boosts to survive. And most, if not all, of the BPers have Sub to block status and CHs.

A decent BP sweeper is Medicham, as it can BP out. (Having your sweeper knowing BP is helpful, but not absolutely necessary, because by the time you switch you should have max boosts anyway).

And yeah, Ninjask should be the 1st pokemon of your team. Lets your other pokemon outspeed everything.

BTW, can your Weavile OHKO Zangoose with Brick Break if Zangoose has 6 Def boosts?

Shinies

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Just a little question... Why BP all the time? :lol:

Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Another thing to look out for is Curse, there is no way to get rid of it and it will destroy you lol. If a gengar used that before you Taunt and Mean look you are gonna have a rough day. I have these as my main guys for my BP team (btw I hate BP teams)

{ninjask} @ Leichi Berry
Jolly | Speed Boost
252 Spd, 252 Atk, and 4 HP

~ Substitute
~ Double Team
~ Swords Dance
~ Baton Pass

In reality you can actually get in 4 Subtitutes before it will not let you make anymore (I can show you) meaning that you will get in 4 Speed Boosts and activate the Leichi Berry to boost Atk.

{umbreon} @ Apicot Berry
Bold | Synchronize
252 Def, 252 Spc Def, 4 HP

~ Substitute
~ Double Team
~ Yawn
~ Baton Pass

This set is designed to get in the evasion and thats pretty much it. I didn't go for the taunt and mean look idea seeing as I didn't really have the time to set it up.

{vaporeon} @ Ganlon Berry
Bold | Water Absorb
252 Spc Def, 200 Def, 56 HP

~ Substitute
~ Acid Armor
~ Ice Beam
~ Baton Pass

Now I start to add in an attack just in case there is something really threaening out, until then I just build up my def.

{mr. mime} @ Peteya Berry
Calm | Sound Proof
252 Spc Def, 200 HP, 56 Def

~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute
~ Psychic
~ Baton Pass

Hopefully by now I have good Evasion and Def as well as 4 Speed Boosts. With calm mind I can Build my Spc Atk and Spc Def up and then after all my stats are near perfect I pass to one last guy and then my sweeper.

{scizor} @ Apicot Berry
Adamant | Swarm
252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP

~ Substitute
~ X-Scizor
~ Swords Dance
~ Baton Pass

Hopefully now my subs are holding well, seeing as 3 Acid Armors max my Def I went for an Atk booster so I could begin to sweep. I should have a lot of power built into my attacks to use my X attack and get some damage in, if not BP to the hidden beast.

{salamence} @ ENIGMA BERRY
Adamant | Intimidate
148 Atk, 148 Spd, 114 HP, 100 Spc Atk

~ Dragon Claw
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Shadow Claw
~ Earth Quake

This is where the real fun is, you begin to sweep with a fully powered Salamence, but lets say they hold on with FS and hit you with an Ice Move. As long as they dont get a Critical hit you should live and the Enigma berry restores all your health that was taken by the attack. Dragon Pulse for STAB on thos Phys Walls even though I doubt they could withstand this power.

Overall I havent had a lot of luck with this team. My team has nothing to fend this off so it seemed ok in the trial runs during training but after it hit Wi-Fi the most random things kept messing it up here and there and once it falls through you have no back up plan making this team not the best for sonsistent wins. Sure is fun though.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]