It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Choice Pokemon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

what are the best choice pokemon for scarf/specs/band?

Are therany that aren't too comoon but are still decent?

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, the list is endless, really. Any Pokemon with brilliant speed can be a Band/Specs, but equally, anything with good Atk/Spatk can be a Scarf.

Choice Band:

Aerodactyl@Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly
252 atk 252 Speed

Stone Edge
EQ
Ice Fang
Aerial Ace/Pursuit

^Aerodactyl's insane speed makes it a great Bander. THe above set can shred teams, and if you prefer hitting swtichers, you can go for Pursuit over AAce (though you lose the coverage against Heracross.)

Choice Specs

Salamence@Choice Specs
Modest/Timid
252 spd 252 Spatk

Flamethrower
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Hydro Pump / Hidden Power Ground

This set is currently murdering the metagame. Draco Meteor sweep everything that isn't part steel, and then you have FThrower to take care of them. :P Dragon Pulse is there for when you know that Pulse will OHKO, and you don't have to suffer the Spatk drop. HP Ground > Pump imo, but availability is nigh on impossible. :P

Choice Scarf

Gengar@Choice Scarf
Timid/Modest
252 Spatk 252 Spd

Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot / Giga Drain / Energy Ball
Tbolt / Ice Beam

Gengar has 130 Spatk, and a boosted speed stat will allow you to completely lay waste to your opponent's team. Focus Blast kills normal types that think they can switch into your Shadow Balls (how rude. :P ) and it's a matter of choice regarding the Grass Type choice. TBolt if you fear Gyara, Ice Beam if you fear Dragons.

They're just a few, but really, all you need to do is check and see a POkemon's stats. If their speed is insane, whack on a Band/Specs. If their atk/spatk is insane, whack on a Scarf. :P

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ummm... Gengar can't learn Ice beam at all. :? ^^^

A good Choice scarfer is a Modest Porygon-Z and it outruns anything besides a Ninjask or other faster pokemon with CS.

Porygon-Z, Choice Scarf Adaptabilty
Modest nature
252 Sp Atk, 252 speed, and 6 hp.
Dark Pulse is better than (Shadow Ball.)
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Tri Attack

My P-Z has 277 speed x 1.5= 415.5 total speed.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

but what base stat qualifies it as "good"?

Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ok thnx...
but what base stat qualifies it as "good"?

135 Special attack base stat is very impressive on P-Z.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
Well, to directly answer your question a stat of about 100 is good. The highest stat should be about 115, depending on the poke.

However, pokes with all stats below 100 are still good. Kingdra's highest is 95, but it's a solid BL (?) poke.

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

so somethin at 90 i should go for a different strategy?
to remind u, i play UU and rarely OU and i m tryin to find somethin new

Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ummm... Gengar can't learn Ice beam at all. :? ^^^

Heh, I could have sworn it learnt Ice Beam. If it did it'd rather smash those Dragon types. :P

Quote:

Yeah, the great thing about UU is that the Pokemon are entirely unpredictable. And if you're coming up with something that's 'new' then you'll be a little stuffed if your 'new' ideas are going all over a popular forum. :P

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, the list is endless, really. Any Pokemon with brilliant speed can be a Band/Specs, but equally, anything with good Atk/Spatk can be a Scarf.

Choice Band:

Aerodactyl@Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly
252 atk 252 Speed

Stone Edge
EQ
Ice Fang
Aerial Ace/Pursuit

^Aerodactyl's insane speed makes it a great Bander. THe above set can shred teams, and if you prefer hitting swtichers, you can go for Pursuit over AAce (though you lose the coverage against Heracross.)

Choice Specs

Salamence@Choice Specs
Modest/Timid
252 spd 252 Spatk

Flamethrower
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Hydro Pump / Hidden Power Ground

This set is currently murdering the metagame. Draco Meteor sweep everything that isn't part steel, and then you have FThrower to take care of them. :P Dragon Pulse is there for when you know that Pulse will OHKO, and you don't have to suffer the Spatk drop. HP Ground > Pump imo, but availability is nigh on impossible. :P

Choice Scarf

Gengar@Choice Scarf
Timid/Modest
252 Spatk 252 Spd

Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot / Giga Drain / Energy Ball
Tbolt / Ice Beam

Gengar has 130 Spatk, and a boosted speed stat will allow you to completely lay waste to your opponent's team. Focus Blast kills normal types that think they can switch into your Shadow Balls (how rude. :P ) and it's a matter of choice regarding the Grass Type choice. TBolt if you fear Gyara, Ice Beam if you fear Dragons.

They're just a few, but really, all you need to do is check and see a POkemon's stats. If their speed is insane, <b>whack on</b> a Band/Specs. If their atk/spatk is insane, <b>whack on</b> a Scarf. :P

LOL I can't believe you said that.

Err, the only reason I don't like choice items is that I really don't like the "only use 1 move" deal. Is there any way around it?

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Err, the only reason I don't like choice items is that I really don't like the "only use 1 move" deal. Is there any way around it?

Well, no, most competitive battlers are able to get over this set back with a strategy of 'hit and run.' If you imagine, I use a Gengar with Choice Specs and I just killed your Alakazam with Specs Shadow Ball. Now that I'm locked into a Shadow Ball, you send out a Normal POkemon (Porygon Z).

However, because I'm locked into an attack, I have hit and now I will run to a new Pokemon, that is also resistant to that attack I think you'll use. In this case, I think you'll hit back with your own Shadow Ball, so I retreat and send out my CHoice Scarf Togekiss, absorb your Shadow Ball and then knock you out with Focus Blast. That's how Choice Battles work when Choice Items are spammed all over competitive teams.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MissingNo_Is_My_Friend wrote:

Well, no, most competitive battlers are able to get over this set back with a strategy of 'hit and run.' If you imagine, I use a Gengar with Choice Specs and I just killed your Alakazam with Specs Shadow Ball. Now that I'm locked into a Shadow Ball, you send out a Normal POkemon (Porygon Z).

However, because I'm locked into an attack, I have hit and now I will run to a new Pokemon, that is also resistant to that attack I think you'll use. In this case, I think you'll hit back with your own Shadow Ball, so I retreat and send out my CHoice Scarf Togekiss, absorb your Shadow Ball and then knock you out with Focus Blast. That's how Choice Battles work when Choice Items are spammed all over competitive teams.

Ahhh.. I've always seen switching as a team-killing strategy, but you make predicting look so easy, maybe because so few teams have anything outside of the Blissey/Skarmory/Salamence...

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ahhh.. I've always seen switching as a team-killing strategy, but you make predicting look so easy, maybe because so few teams have anything outside of the Blissey/Skarmory/Salamence...

The above example was pretty basic, real prediction is insanely difficult in myo pinion (I'm actually crap at it.) And so far, only one person on Wifi I've battled had a Blissey, two have had a Skarm, but yeah, everyone seems to have a Mence. A good Choice Pokemon though can still be outpredicted. However, you then have to watch out for Overprediction, which can really screw up your own team. (Like thinking, hm, he's got a Swampert out. He'll prolly predict a Giga Drain from my Gengar, I'll use TBolt in the hopes he'll switch out to that Gyara I saw earlier. *Swampert uses Waterfall and KOs your Gengar.) <-- See?

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:

Yeah, the great thing about UU is that the Pokemon are entirely unpredictable. And if you're coming up with something that's 'new' then you'll be a little stuffed if your 'new' ideas are going all over a popular forum. :P
well idk if ppl steal it cuz it will eventually get stolen neways
i just want ot noe a good leaping off point

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]