It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Advice for this Baton Pass strategy 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I was considering using the following Baton Pass strategy, but I could use some help on moves and EV spreads for the following two Pokemon.

Gliscor@Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 129 HP, 129 Def, 252 Spd
Agility
Earthquake
Ice Fang/Substitute
Baton Pass

Gardevoir@Leftovers?
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
Hypnosis/Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball/Energy Ball

Gliscor's EV spread bothers me. 129 HP/Def allows it to take hits, which is probably what it needs more, but that leaves it offensively weak, which is bad if it gets left alone.

Gardevoir uses the Speed boost to sweep, but the first move is what I need help with the most. Hypnosis disables them, but Calm Mind will make it a better sweeper. I suppose I could do both, but that limits my versatility as far as type coverage goes.

Advice?

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:59 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CM, you'll need it, hypnois won't do much for you.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CM, you'll need it, hypnois won't do much for you.

Hypnosis is more devastating. Yes, it has bad accuracy, but then so does Fire Blast, and that makes an excellent Skarmory killer.

Personally, I'd pass the speed to Gardy, and then have a full roster of sweeping attacks. Attach a Life Orb, and you'll be hitting hard and fast. That's what I'd do, but you might prefer the SPDef boost...

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Skarmory isn't about to OHKO your Salamance, but quite a few things can take out Gardy, Passing speed to Gard isn't going to do all that much, its something she lacks, but thats about it. Calm mind works when you see a Switch comming, and you can reap the benifit with your boosted speed and now boosted Sp. nothing special, but you could get a nice Sweep set up.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmmm...this may sound strange...but I vote Gorebyss as a better Baton Passer than Gliscor cos it learns Iron Defense, Amnesia and Agility. You guys might argue about how slow Gorebyss is and thus it won't survive but trust me...try it out....Agility makes the turns tilit in your Favour. You probably won't understand if I just told you so you will have to try it out...I can assure you you have a high chance of using Both Amnesia/Iron Defense and Agility before you Baton Pass out to someone if you let it hold a Wacan/Rindo Berry. :)

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

true it does work...but it only works if your oppenent got someone in like foretress....not only is its speed low, but his HP is critically low too...so it really cant take a hit from anything sadly even with it's defense....not unless you do iron defense or Amnesia...then you gotta do agility after that...but still it probably cant survive 2--3 attacks...but it's still a good one to use for a baton passer too...just dont send it in with the wrong pokemon haha

Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

true it does work...but it only works if your oppenent got someone in like foretress....not only is its speed low, but his HP is critically low too...so it really cant take a hit from anything sadly even with it's defense....not unless you do iron defense or Amnesia...then you gotta do agility after that...but still it probably cant survive 2--3 attacks...but it's still a good one to use for a baton passer too...just dont send it in with the wrong pokemon haha

Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]