It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The most overused pokemon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Statistically, TTar's the best there is in OU category. That's why he's the only non-legendary to be considered for Ubers.

What about wobbuffet? Aren't they considered uber?

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
And Wynaut on some lists, but not on mine.

My point is, of the OU pokes now, he's statistically the best with the movepool/ability to back it up.

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

wait so question....does that make regigigas an uber or not? it's stats are really high..but it's ability brings it down...i've been lookin up and they say that it's NOT an uber...so is it or is it not? because i'm gonna start usin it if not

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm sorry, but "OU" or "Overused" does not mean the pokemon who are used most. It means how good the pokemon is overall, cosidering movepool, types, abilities, and stats.

For example, Tyranitar's total stats put together are the same as Mew's, 600. However, with Sandstream, he gets x1.5 Sp Def, so that's really 650 total stats with a great movepool and a choice of good items you can use.

Statistically, TTar's the best there is in OU category. That's why he's the only non-legendary to be considered for Ubers.

And, actually, being predictable is a bad thing.

yeah, but the question in this thread was hte pokemon used more than others, i wasnt asking about stats or anything like that, just pokemon that most people use.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm sorry, but "OU" or "Overused" does not mean the pokemon who are used most. It means how good the pokemon is overall, cosidering movepool, types, abilities, and stats.

For example, Tyranitar's total stats put together are the same as Mew's, 600. However, with Sandstream, he gets x1.5 Sp Def, so that's really 650 total stats with a great movepool and a choice of good items you can use.

And, actually, being predictable is a bad thing.

yeah, but the question in this thread was hte pokemon used more than others, i wasnt asking about stats or anything like that, just pokemon that most people use.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yeah, but the question in this thread was hte pokemon used more than others, i wasnt asking about stats or anything like that, just pokemon that most people use

Yes. But he was eleborating on what an overused pokemon is, just the justifiation of what you asked. Also, its very logical that the pokemon with higher stats are more likely to be used than those who don't. So his point is not irrelevant.

Jamaswalker wrote:
wait so question....does that make regigigas an uber or not? it's stats are really high..but it's ability brings it down...i've been lookin up and they say that it's NOT an uber...so is it or is it not? because i'm gonna start usin it if not.

Actually, is not even OU. Many things can bring it down or p-haze him in five turns. Without acces to protect or even a recovery move this thing is not going to set up easily.

Jamashwalker wrote:
yes Ttar has much better stats than weavile and a better ability, but weavile is has much more uses mainly for killing off dragons and sweeping....why do you think most salamences have a focus stash, or a garchomp holdin a yache berry or Choice Scarf....it''s mainly for ice moves, but mostly weaviles, because they know weavile is faster than them and COMMON on competative teams....not many ppl have a Ttar counter because they know Ttar isnt that big of a threat as weavile...and get a fighting move on Ttar and it's gone...the same thing goes for weavile too, but weavile is too fast be hit by a fighting move..other than mach punch...in terms of being predictable...that's exactly why weavile is more of an OU because everyone knows it and it's COMMONLY used on teams...and as a physical sweeper

No, actually you are not getting it. Being predicatble is not based on how often do people use it, its based on the moves it can learn. Weaville can't make use of a special attack, so thats a huge prediction on the enemy's side. Weaville's physical movepool isn't brilliant either, aside from stabed moves it can only make use of brick break and the rather weak Aerial Ace. Meanwhile, Tyranitar has lots of diferent movepools, and it has good options on both physical and special side. Supported by a 134-95 stat in Attack in special Attack.

Weaville counters are usually trustworthy, most scarfed pokemon can OKHO it and several physical walls can't be very hurted by him.

TTar on the other hand, has a move to defeat most walls: Ice beam helps for Donphan, Hippowdon and Gliscor; Fire blast toastes Skarmory and surf kills Rypherior. All common switch ins against TTar. Something that Weaville can't make a good use of.

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly moulding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No, actually you are not getting it. Being predicatble is not based on how often do people use it, its based on the moves it can learn. Weaville can't make use of a special attack, so thats a huge prediction on the enemy's side. Weaville's physical movepool isn't brilliant either, aside from stabed moves it can only make use of brick break and the rather weak Aerial Ace. Meanwhile, Tyranitar has lots of diferent movepools, and it has good options on both physical and special side. Supported by a 134-95 stat in Attack in special Attack.

Weaville counters are usually trustworthy, most scarfed pokemon can OKHO it and several physical walls can't be very hurted by him.

TTar on the other hand, has a move to defeat most walls: Ice beam helps for Donphan, Hippowdon and Gliscor; Fire blast toastes Skarmory and surf kills Rypherior. All common switch ins against TTar. Something that Weaville can't make a good use of.
[/quote]

yes it is easy to counter a weavile... and u dont need a wall to stop a Ttar...a weavile is pokemon that you have to make another one to counter it because u know that good teams have a weavile on it...but you dont see ppl havin somethin to counter a Ttar..and ppl dont send out walls to stop a Ttar...they know they can jsut stop it with a simple physical waterfall, a cross chop, a brick break, an EQ, focus blast, grass knot, and alot of other moves...and i'm not saying being predicable is good for the person that's using it...i'm saying it bad for them and good for the other peson because they can use a wall against it...Ttar might have better stats than weavile, but weavile has far more uses than Ttar on a team....being a physical sweeper with high attack and speed...now...what is Ttar's role in a battle? it may have a high attack and can stop walls(btw outta all the battles i've seen with Ttar...outta all the battles i've been in against Ttar...i've NEVER seen a Ttar use a special move...NEVER....lol yet that is very smart though, no one uses it in that way...i've never seen one tryin to stop walls...i've seen it fighting them, but it couldnt kill it in 2 hits....) weavile cant do it either but that's what walls do...otherwise physical sweepers would be almost invincible if walls werent doin its job....

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

a weavile is pokemon that you have to make another one to counter it because u know that good teams have a weavile on it Not necessarily...but you dont see ppl havin somethin to counter a Ttar..and ppl dont send out walls to stop a Ttar Usually do ...they know they can jsut stop it with a simple physical waterfall, a cross chop, a brick break, an EQ, focus blast, grass knot, and alot of other moves And Weavile can just live through everything with it's AMAZING defenses, can it?...and i'm not saying being predicable is good for the person that's using it...i'm saying it bad for them and good for the other peson because they can use a wall against it :o You, sir, do not makes since. ...Ttar might have better stats than weavile, but weavile has far more uses than Ttar on a team....being a physical sweeper with high attack and speed TTar can use Dragon Dance and live through it, as well as then being faster than Weavile and having better moves ...now...what is Ttar's role in a battle? it may have a high attack and can stop walls(btw outta all the battles i've seen with Ttar...outta all the battles i've been in against Ttar...i've NEVER seen a Ttar use a special move...NEVER....lol yet that is very smart though, no one uses it in that way...i've never seen one tryin to stop walls...i've seen it fighting them, but it couldnt kill it in 2 hits....) <-You've never heard of Tyranniboah&Friends, have you? weavile cant do it either but that's what walls do...otherwise physical sweepers would be almost invincible if walls werent doin its job....

Look, don't talk in coversations you don't know anything about.

Unpredictability is a good thing for the person with the unpredicable pokes.

Tyranitar can do just about whatever it wants, Choice Scarf, Band, or Specs, Tyranniboah, Dragon Dancer...

Weavile can't live through anything, TTar can. Especially with it's 150 base Sp Def in Sandstorm.

Most people aren't dumb enough to switch in on a poke with the above moves unless the TTar's scarfed (Or Sash with DD).

And TTar has much better uses on a team, thank you.

Until you can come up with a good reason Weavile is better than TTar, you can look at this picture:
And I'm not anti-Weavile, just trying to prove a point.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

First off...u dont read it clearly enough....i'm talkin about the reasons why you see weaviles on more teams than Ttar...and why it has a better purpose on a team..Weavile serves as a good physical sweeper on a team...and has much better uses on it....sure it may be predictable, but still it does it's job very well....the reason why Weavile cant get hit by most of it's weakness's is because it's SPEED....even a Ttar who does a dragon dance with MAX speed EVs right nature, and IVs, still cannot keep with weavile's speed...it's speed can surpass someone with a 100 base stat speed...but it's still not that threatening..and that's IF and only IF it has max speed EVs with the right nature and IVs...so might wanna check that...and no i do not know who this Tyranniboah&friends is...but the way you made it sound, it sounds like he is the ONLY person who puts special attacks on a Ttar...that idea is very smart...and the way Bumi made it sound...it sounds like something most Ttars should have...and even if so...are you gonna give Ttar all special moves so it can counter ALL walls....you may be able to predict weavile's moveset...but you cannot predict wat your oppenents team is going to consist of....but one thing you can defintely predict, is that an oppenent is gonna have a dragon on a team in competative battling...now i'll ask you this....which do you see more on wifi..which is more "OU" "OVERUSED"....

and P.S.
For future references in debates and discusions...you cannot take one side of a subject...and you have to learn to respect the opposer and take certain sides and look deep into the subject....putting someone down, says alot about the person.....you never take it to a personal level like that...becuase if so the person isnt gonna wanna debate about someone being immature, and then it's not gonna be a debate anymore it's goign to be an arguement...and you will not win the debate anymore because when your doing a debate-discussion it is to make the other person's mind clear on what you are saying and make them acknowledge your opinion and ideas...
now i've been lookin at your posts sometimes and you make it sound like your so high and mighty over them...they want HELP...not to know that you know and they dont...and if you wish to ARGUE and not DEBATE & DISCUSS some more that's fine by me...but let's not waste Zenrot's good topic by postin it on this...PM me if you wanna talk..

Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yes it is easy to counter a weavile... and u dont need a wall to stop a Ttar...a weavile is pokemon that you have to make another one to counter it because u know that good teams have a weavile on it...but you dont see ppl havin somethin to counter a Ttar..and ppl dont send out walls to stop a Ttar...they know they can jsut stop it with a simple physical waterfall, a cross chop, a brick break, an EQ, focus blast, grass knot, and alot of other moves...and i'm not saying being predicable is good for the person that's using it...i'm saying it bad for them and good for the other peson because they can use a wall against it...Ttar might have better stats than weavile, but weavile has far more uses than Ttar on a team....being a physical sweeper with high attack and speed...now...what is Ttar's role in a battle? it may have a high attack and can stop walls(btw outta all the battles i've seen with Ttar...outta all the battles i've been in against Ttar...i've NEVER seen a Ttar use a special move...NEVER....lol yet that is very smart though, no one uses it in that way...i've never seen one tryin to stop walls...i've seen it fighting them, but it couldnt kill it in 2 hits....) weavile cant do it either but that's what walls do...otherwise physical sweepers would be almost invincible if walls werent doin its job....

HOLY CRAAAP! I can't even read this ESPECIALLY with all of the "chat speak" and poor grammer skills. :? Weavile can't even live without being killed by a fighting move or another one of it's weaknesses. Ttar is a lot better than Weavile in my eyes. That and T-tar is so variable. It can learn an abundance of moves and has awesome stats too.

Anywho before this gets locked let's get back on topic. The most OU Pokemon I see is Garchomp, Infernape and Torterra. I see these guys ever where.

Jamashawalker lay off the wall of text ok? No one is going to read what you have to say if all your going to post is huge long lines of text with you ranting about how Weavile is "somehow" better than T-tar.

Oh and ever heard of the tab button?

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

According to Shoddy, the most overused pokemon are:

1. Blissey (30691 usages)
2. Garchomp (27092 usages)
3. Gyarados (21567 usages)
4. Gengar (20989 usages)
5. Tyranitar (20441 usages)
6. Salamence (17332 usages)
7. Weavile (16415 usages)
8. Heracross (16319 usages)
9. Metagross (16114 usages)
10.Skarmory (15356 usages

Linky

Let's see here...

What's that? Tyranitar has 20441 usages? Oh, but Weavile has more than that doesn't he? No, wait, he only has 16415. My bad!

And not every team has a dragon, I don't use one myself since I got rid of Garchomp forever and a day ago.

And you don't have to preach to me how to debate, thanks.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

First off...u dont read it clearly enough....i'm talkin about the reasons why you see weaviles on more teams than Ttar

First off, TTar is seen in more teams than Weaville, so thats a bad way to start.

Jamashawalker wrote:
Weavile serves as a good physical sweeper on a team

TTar can be used as a physical sweeper, a weather changer, and a stall breaker. (boah)

Jamashawalker wrote:
sure it may be predictable, but still it does it's job very well....the reason why Weavile cant get hit by most of it's weakness's is because it's SPEED

Actually, TTar reaches 243 with max speed and a jolly nature, wich after a dragon dance overuns the likes of starmie, gengar and Tauros. It an also outrun Weavilles if they lack a +spd nature.

And TTar actually has the defences to take a hit and live to get a DD boost. Meanwhile, If Weaville doesn't OHKO is probably going to get killed because of his poor defencive ability

Oh, and I agree that Weaville does his job very well, but unfortunatly, is only good for one job.

Jamashwalker wrote:
so might wanna check that

"So might wanna follow your own advice"

jamashwalker wrote:
it sounds like he (Bumi) is the ONLY person who puts special attacks on a Ttar..

Go to shoddy or check smogon's movesets to see that many people are actually putting ice beam or Fire blast on TTar. That makes most physical walls think twice before switching. (Hippowdon, Gliscor, Skarmory, Tangrowth, Forretres, Bronzog and Donphan)

That's what makes TTar better. Weaville couldn't get a move to counter Forry, Skarm or bronzog even if he wanted to. In fact, Even Donphan and Hippowdon can take an ice punch and EQ back.

The rest of what you said has nothing to do with Weaville vs TTar. Being predictable is bad. Period.

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly moulding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jamashawalker, you do realise that your ridiculing tone regarding special moves on a TTar is so lol it's not even funny?

Tyranitar has 5 less Spatk than a Starmie. Lol at that.

Quote:
but you cannot predict wat your oppenents team is going to consist of....but one thing you can defintely predict, is that an oppenent is gonna have a dragon on a team in competative battling.

Mega contradiction? Yes, you can predict what the opponent has on their team because you know that they're either using the standard (with variations) or are using their own flawed team which will never work.

So, if you have a Physical Sweeper out, they're going to send out a physical wall, or they think they'll take their chances, simple as.

And I rarely use either of my two dragons (Dragonite and Salamence) because of their weakness to Ice, which seems to be prolific on ever team I face.

Quote:
why do you think most salamences have a focus stash,

Please provide some statistical evidence for this fabricated 'fact.' Salamence do not carry Focus Sash because the intelligent person switches out if they see a Pokemon that has high enough Atk/Spatk to OHKO it.

Quote:
Ttar isnt that big of a threat as weavile

I lolled.

The difference is:

TTar gets OHKOed by Fighting moves, or immensely powerful attacks (usuallly supported by a Choice Item.)

Weavile gets OHKOed by Fighting moves and pretty much any strong attack that it isn't resistant to.

That, and TTar gets a SStorm boost, versatality (can you see Weavile using Ice Beam or Dark Void?) and is wholly better.

Quote:
you dont see ppl havin somethin to counter a Ttar..

Do you actually do any research when you make your points? Everyone has to take TTar into consideration when making a team, if you don't then you're a fool and will get destroyed by any team with it on.

Quote:
and if you wish to ARGUE and not DEBATE & DISCUSS some more that's fine by me

Same thing, though intelligence (and grammar/spelling cough) seperates those who argue and those who debate.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

all you guys are doing now is being rude to each other, i was simply asking what pokemon are commonly used, it really doesnt require hatred or being an annoying smartass.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:21 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If the only porpouse of this trhread was to discuss wich pokemon is more used than others, then my list should have ended the discussion.

Debating on why is a pokemon more used than othe one is not off topic.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The most I see are t-tar garchomp cressilia.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You're all forgetting Milotic. The worm with eyebrows. Man I hate Milotic, I see it every other person it seems like in Battle Tower. Yuk.

On the Weavile vs Tyranitar arguement, this is a classic case of specialist vs jack of all trades. Weavile is very efficient at doing what it does; getting rid of some very commonly used pokemon like dragons and psychics such as Starmie and Alakazam (although I rarely see him anymore), but it simply cannot match the versatility of a Tyranitar. Tyranitar can be a tank, sweeper (with physical and even special moves) and is useful for setting up sandstorm if you want it. But it's not as good as Weavile at what Weavile does.

Oh yeah, on the topic of Magmortar and Electivire being overused, yeah. I once battled someone using two Magmortars and an Electivire on their team.... That's just uncreative =/

PM me for a battle, no ubers, evasion, or OHKO. Anything else is quite peachy, FC = 4124 1502 2791, name = Tre.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It's got to be Gyarados or Blissey. Gyarados is notorious for abusing Intimidate, while Blissey basically completely walls off special attacks, and can shrug off any damage with Softboiled (or occasionally Wish).

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:05 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Weavile, blissey, garchomp (witch i use myself), legends....(come on people using legends is not competetive its a waist of my time) groudons kyogres mew2....snorlax (ahhhh big mound of fat) dont get me wrong i love snorlax; and blaziken.

all i can think of right now

Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ive seen about 7 on the wifi and they are some of the most common pokemon ive ever seen

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:03 pm
Hi, im nu here. i think 1 of the most overused pokemon is machop machoke n machamp and not 2 mention its attack is actually not as strong compared to salamence or rampardos. it is soooo slow!!

Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

blissey,umbreon,infernape those are the most used i say

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Post Re:
Probably Blissey. I've barely any seen other special walls being used on Shoddy...With physical walls, people are using Skarm, Forretress, Bronzong, Cresselia...but Blissey pops up as a special wall on many teams. Of course, that makes it easier to predict a switch to :)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Back on Netbattle in the old days, I saw most members use Gengar and Ludicolo.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I support this video regarding what seems like one of the most overused pkmn in the world of today.

Basically, this beast arived home for staying in. According to Shoddy, this is easily the 2nd most OU kid in the world.

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:39 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next