It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Infernape 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What are the best Infernape physical movesets.
I dislike choice Items, so I was thinking:

Infernape
Adamant|252Atk 252Spd
-Close Combat
-Blaze Kick/Fire Punch (if I cant be bothered to train a blaziken)
-???
-???

Maybe Thunderpunch? or Swords Dance? Earhtquake, Rock Slide, Mach Punch?

And if I do choose to go with a choice band, what moves should I have then?

Cheers, Bluestrike

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:49 am
but if you are using a choice item replace swordsdance with thunderpunch or something unexpected like that (poisen jab i forget if it can learn that or not)

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:49 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Most of the time, infernape MUST have a + Speed nature as there are a lot of fast and hard-hitting sweepers this generation and infernape must be as fast as possible because it's too frail to take a hit. Unless of course you are training one specifically for the tower...

So a physical moveset would be:

Infernape @ Life orb/Choice Band
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz or Blaze Kick (if you don't like taking recoil damage)
- Thunderpunch/Stone Edge
- Swords Dance/Earthquake/U-Turn

Pretty Standard. Thunderpunch hits gyarados harder and it's more reliable, but stone edge can hit salamence as well. The last slot is mostly filler. Choose SD if you are going with life orb and have good predicting skills and can predict a switch, earthquake if you want to hit other fire types and electivire or U-turn if you like switcing out with style... :D
Most people choose life orb and flare blitz because infernape can't take a hit anyway and it's better to be able to change moves.

Infernape makes a good special sweeper as well.

Infernape @ Life orb/Specs
Timid
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot/Nasty Plot
- Nasty Plot/HP Ice

Again, pretty standard. If you can have HP Ice you should want to put it there somewhere and the last slot is again based on preference and predicting skills. If you can predict a switch go with NP. If you can't or if you want to hit swampert, milotic, suicune, slowbro, slowking and rhyperior go with grass knot.

And last but not least... THE MIXNAPE MOVESET!

Infernape @ Life orb/Expert Belt
Naive
252 SpAtk, 24 Atk, rest in Spd
- Close combat
- Flamethrower
- Grass knot/HP Ice/Thunderpunch
- Nasty Plot

24 Atk EVs are enough to OHKO Blissey. Nasty plot on a switch and then start causing chaos. The third move is filler. Grass knot for bulky waters, donphan, rhyperior etc., HP Ice for dragons or thunderpunch for gyarados.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

And last but not least... THE MIXNAPE MOVESET!

Infernape @ Life orb/Expert Belt
Naive
252 SpAtk, 24 Atk, rest in Spd
- Close combat
- Flamethrower
- Grass knot/HP Ice/Thunderpunch
- Nasty Plot

24 Atk EVs are enough to OHKO Blissey. Nasty plot on a switch and then start causing chaos. The third move is filler. Grass knot for bulky waters, donphan, rhyperior etc., HP Ice for dragons or thunderpunch for gyarados.

Grassknot would be your best choice honestly. It can OHKO Gyarados with one Nasty Plot, and get him from 50~30% without a Nasty Plot. It covers Rhyperior like a truck. Donphan cannot stand against it. And for the Dragons, most of them are pretty heavy so It'll leave a nice dent in them anyway. Also, if you feel that it's a little too flimsy [Like I did] Give it a Focus Sash for atleast one NP, aslong as you're faster.

[13:57] <jordanw> mine is 4897 4813 7695
[13:57] <Gabe_> Mine is ***-***-**** :D
[13:57] <Gabe_> :| oops wrong number

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why do people always want Mixed sweepers when it's not worth it so very much most of the time? I say stick with a Physical sweeper one with Swords Dance and Earthquake...

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:17 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Why do people always want Mixed sweepers when it's not worth it so very much most of the time? I say stick with a Physical sweeper one with Swords Dance and Earthquake...

Mixnape was created specifically for blissey. It would be a shame to be able to take something out as annoying as blissey and don't IMO. Infernape can pull that off with an investment of just 24 EVs in Atk and a nature which isn't lowering attack so it's not such a great loss...

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:

Mixnape was created specifically for blissey. It would be a shame to be able to take something out as annoying as blissey and don't IMO. Infernape can pull that off with an investment of just 24 EVs in Atk and a nature which isn't lowering attack so it's not such a great loss...

A Physical sweeping Infernape can break a Blissey like an Egg shell easily, and just 1 Swords Dance can allow Infenape to cut down other Pokemon with average defenses easily, and to make full use of Swords Dance you teach other physical attacks...that's why I prefer the Physical sweeping set cos it pays off a lot better....you are sacrificing the ability to sweep with better damage when you choose a Mixed sweeper cos you don't teach Swords Dance or Nasty Plot...concentrating on 1 tech tree or way of Sweeping usually works better in Overall performaces....you can't go worrying too much about Special Walls when you're playing a Special Sweeper or Physical Walls when you playing a Physical Sweeper...yes you may be able to counter both of these kinds of Walls if you play a mixed sweeper but you won't be able to sweep as well as an Infernape who concentrates purely on Physical or Special Sweeping. :wink:

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:45 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I agree with what you are trying to point out but you are missing something.
Mixnape is not a pokemon you expect to blast through the opponents team. Yes, you can set up with nasty plot if you have it and sweep at least 2-3 pokemon, but you have other pokemon for that and that's why you have 6 pokemon in your team, so you can have different roles. Mixnape's specialty is to destroy walls (blissey, skarmory, bronzong, donphan, gliscor etc).[/quote]

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]