Sp Atk Set:

@ Leftovers | Quiet
252 SpA, 136 Atk, 120 HP,
Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Explosion

Sludge Bomb = STAB (no duh..)

Now in this moveset use Fire Blast since it is heavily favored against Skar and other Steels. Shadow Ball takes care of other pokes, such as Rock types.

Explode when you are low and HP; it generally should OHKO Blissey.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:30 pm

well that is a normal example of a weezing flamthrower over fire blast and lack of speed can be a problem (alakazam used psychic, weezing has fainted)

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why not teach Destiny Bond instead of Explosion and invest the EVs used for attack into Hp, Def or Sp. Def? I know it may be hard to know when to use it but I think it pays off a lot better than Explosion cos Explosion can't affect Ghosts Types and is weak against Steel and Rock types. :)

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:16 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Weezing makes a great physical sponge so unless you want to catch your opponent off-guard, the best moveset to use is:

Weezing @ Black Sludge/Leftovers (whatever)
Bold/Relaxed
252 Def, 252 HP, 6 SpAtk
~ Pain Split
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Flamethrower
~ Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt/Explosion/Destiny Bond/Haze

This is a very sturdy physical sponge with a great advantage: immune to EQ.

You sent it out against physical threats and cripples them with WOW. Then it starts sweeping with your preferred attack while healing a little whenever your HP is lower than the opponent's. Flamethrower is absolutely necessary for this set to counter heracross who might come in to take the WOW and power up(thanks for explaining me that 4ever_bug_catcher!). The last slot is up to preference. Sludge Bomb for coverage, Thunderbolt if you fear gyarados, explosion to take out blissey, haze to laugh at physical sweepers who come out to set up on weezing and destiny bond to take at least one pokemon down with you.
Obviously, if you are going to use explosion, make it relaxed, as you don't want to lower the attack stat.
IMO, weezing is an excellent sponge with its ability to take any physical attack like it's nothing and then recovering off the damage.

The only pokemon you need to beware of, other than special sweepers, is Metagross, Medicham and Gallade who might carry a psychic attack.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

can you remind me when i told you that, Sword of Destiny? :P

basically, you have given the gist of what weezing does and does well: soak up physical hits. The idea of destiny bond on weezing should be dismissed rather quickly since it doesn't have the speed to use it well. (unless you're up against non-BOAH, non-Scarfed Tyranitar, perhaps?)

I like to have weezing exploding or carrying thunderbolt in the last spot. WoW can make gyarados cry and T-bolt can catch bulky-gyara off-guard. Haze is another good option, if you elect to ruin baton-passing efforts or prevent one from setting up, notably dragons with DD/Swords Dance. Or go with explosion ; it's just plain awesome to look at.

In short, Destiny Bond is a poor choice for the last spot; sludge bomb is better, but not by much. STAB? yes; but useful? No. Shadow ball is even a better option over sludge bomb...

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

can you remind me when i told you that, Sword of Destiny?

In the rating center, when i asked help for my weezing:

Quote:
standard weezing. unless you absolutely fear gyarados, you can forgo thunderbolt and give it haze, explosion, or sludge bomb. but flamethrower is absolutely needed to counter heracross that might have came in on a will o wisp. 252hp/252def/6spAtk.

Actually, i agree with what you said about Destiny bond. I just listed it as an option.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
standard weezing. unless you absolutely fear gyarados, you can forgo thunderbolt and give it haze, explosion, or sludge bomb. but flamethrower is absolutely needed to counter heracross that might have came in on a will o wisp. 252hp/252def/6spAtk.

man, I really said that? I hate contradicting myself, but in present day, I feel that sludge bomb (and poison attacks in general) is wasted X.x

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As Sword explained, there is a somewhat risk of running into a Guts poke like Heracross. Generally, most pokes with that stragety already have a Flame or Toxic Orb, so there shouldn't be too much to worry about.

Does Explosion OHKO Blissey or would you need to weaken it further?

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Does Explosion OHKO Blissey or would you need to weaken it further?

A relaxed weezing can do 83.61% - 98.32% to a bold blissey. So, with some help from stealth rock and/or spikes, you might be able to OHKO it. But just to be safe and make sure that you are going to get rid of it, you can just use flamethrower or any other attack before you explode.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]