It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Infernape 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So I remember there was an interesting Charizard set posted somewhere here.. It was constructed to raise Charizards fire attack waaaay up high using Blaze (and Substitude, to activate it), Charcoal (it was in FR/LG, I think), Belly Drum and a Flamethrower..

I like the idea, but is it posible to set something like this?? Becouse I though I could make similar Infernape set..

Lets do the math to find out how much more powerful Charizard will be after setting up:

1.5(STAB)*1.5(Sunny Day)*1.5(Blaze activated)*1.2(Charcoal)*4(Belly Drum)=16.2 :shock: :o

+, if its not usable for single battles, maybe it could be quite good in doubles, where he has someone, who can protect him or help him to set up??

Thank in advance..:]

Edit: My English

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

sixyearold wrote:
So I remember there was an interesting Charizard set posted somewhere here.. It was constructed to raise Charizards fire attack waaaay up high using Blaze (and Substitude, to activate it), Charcoal (it was in FR/LG, I think), Belly Drum and a Flamethrower..

I like the idea, but is it posible to set something like this?? Becouse I though I could make similar Infernape set..

Lets do the math to find out how much more powerful Charizard will be after setting up:

1.5(STAB)*1.5(Sunny Day)*1.5(Blaze activated)*1.2(Charcoal)*4(Belly Drum)=16.2 :shock: :o

+, if its not usable for single battles, maybe it could be quite good in doubles, where he has someone, who can protect him or help him to set up??

Thank in advance..:]

Edit: My English

Ok...let's see... My opinion,no Charcoal,put Salac Berry instead...Charizard will really love the Speed Boost.

Wait a minute. You said Belly Drum and Flamethrower? :?

But anyway...This Charizard is really powerful "IF" he can set up...But let me tell you the reasons it probably won't...

1- Indirect damage.
Stealth Rock/SandStorm/Hail/Toxic... you name it.
Many teams goona have a way of setting those and with BD and Substitute you won't gonna have too much HP.

2-Faster Pokémon.
Anything faster than 328 will outspeed you and anything with a Boosted Super-effective move will OHKO you.

3-First Priority Moves.
Yeah... after 2 subs and a BD you gonna have like 1 HP... So,a Rattata with Quick Attack knocks you out.

4-Coverage.
Belly Drum,Sunny Day ,Sub That leaves you only with Fire Punch for attacking...
[If whe take your math and the fact that this the best physical Fire move that don't hurt you with recoil...]

So what you gonna do if someone switch in a Ninetales/Flareon/Heatran (With their cool Flash Fire Ability... ^_^)
just after you got a full set up...(I would cry a lot ...)

Well, it won't fit double battles not even a little ...Since there will be TWO enemies to make a Rain in your parade (literally...since RainDance teams are a very common choice Double Battles)

Well i suggest using Belly Drum/Substitute/Fire Punch/Earthquake @ Salac Berry
Using the weather when there are so much different weather inducers is not the best of the ideas...
Sunny Day and Charcoal don't worth the effort...

That's my opinion. I hope it helps... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Definitely give it a Salac Berry instead; all that power is useless if something outspeeds it. :? Give it more moves other than fire, so it can hit more things. Definitely give it a physical move...rather than a special move. Listen to Bushin; he summed up everything I was going to say.

Why is the name of this thread Infernape, when it has nothing to do with it?

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sorry, I was in a hurry so I didnt manage to point it out that I was looking for an Infernape strategy, and thought that this Charizard moveset could domehow fit on it..

Anyway, thanks for the comments.. And yeah, I messed that Belly Drum/Flamethrower thing..:]

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]