skill swap
----
----
Jynx/Gengar/Mismagius/Absol/Honchcrow
Mean look
perish song
----
----

MM uses skill swap, (JGMAH) uses ML on foeA, MM uses role play, (JGMAH) uses ML on foeB, Perish song

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Assuming your opponent a) lets both your critters live unmolested for three rounds and b) doesn't see your gambit coming a mile away.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Why would you give both Role Play and Skill Swap to one pokemon? That's just a waste of slots. I'm praying that you planned on giving both of them two other moves...

It's really predictable and a little too elaborate, and the benefit is not worth it. Give Mr. Mime Hypnosis and Light Screen/Reflect. Let him set up some defense. Have Mismagius use Mean Look on the Pokemon that's not asleep. Then use Perish Song and stall till you're down to 1 turn, then switch out Mismagius and watch your opponent's Pokemon faint. Taking out 1 Pokemon and making the other fall asleep is good enough.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes I will give them other moves
But with this set up after the first Perish combo I'm set to use perish song again as soon the foes faint

Mismaguis

levitate
Focus band

Perish song
mean look
protect
Shadow ball

Mr mime
sound proof
focus sash

role play
skill swap
Protect
thunder bolt

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

... Are you Ghett0 come back to haunt us?

You're lucky to perishtrap once. If you're playing against people who don't have a way to trash your critters before they can do it again, you need to stop hunting your opponents outside the 4th-grade building at the elementary school.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Traping itsn't whats important really being sound proof is even if
perhaps a better staetgy would not to use mean on the first turn but on one turn right before last perish count so they can't switch out
what would you do to improve this strategy?

also if a pokemon becomes sound proof after its hit by perish song is it still affected?
If so It could be shorten to
1st turn Skill swap and perish song
2nd turn Role play and mean look/move
3rd turn protect and mean look/move

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

/vXv\ wrote:
Traping itsn't whats important really being sound proof is even if
perhaps a better staetgy would not to use mean on the first turn but on one turn right before last perish count so they can't switch out

also if a pokemon becomes sound proof after its hit by perish song is it still affected?
If so It could be shorten to
1st turn Skill swap and perish song
2nd turn Role play and mean look/move
3rd turn protect and mean look/move

...what the heck? Why would being sound proof be more important than actually trying to KO them with Perish Song? Seriously, if you're using a perish trap plan, then trapping and ko'ing them HAS to be #1 priority, otherwise it won't work.

Also, what good is making your Mismagius soundproof, especially if perish trapping isn't the main priority? Sure, it sets you up for another perish trapping...IF you manage to ko the first two guys....

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're still affected by perish song even if you become soundproof later, because it has already affected you.

Mean Looking them afterwards is not that good, because it doesn't guarantee a KO. On the last turn before the KO, if they aren't going to switch, then they're stupid going to die regardless of whether or not you trap them. Most likely though, they'll switch on that turn, so the switch would happen before you use Mean Look. Also, if you were to use Mean Look the turn after you use Perish Song, they might've already switched. In the end though, you should just trap first, then use Perish Song.

/vXv\ wrote:

I already told you. -_- Give Mr. Mime Hypnosis and screens to set up. Take advantage of the fact that it's soundproof. Don't make it waste turns doing unnecessary things.

It should go something like this:

Mr. Mime uses Hypnosis Pokemon 1, and Mismagius uses Mean Look on Pokemon 2. They effectively now have 1 attacker, so they're most likely going to try to switch out their sleeping pokemon, unless they want to give you an easy ko.

Mr. Mime uses Reflect/Light Screen to reduce damage, so you can stall better. Mismagius uses Perish Song. Turn count: 3. You can try to Mean Look the other Pokemon, but then you're asking to take one direct hit without completely setting, up, so it's generally better to Perish Song as soon as possible.

Mr. Mime attacks/uses other screen. Mismagius uses Mean Look on other target/uses protect/pain split. Turn count: 2.

Mr. Mime attacks/does something. Mismagius uses a move, preferably to stall. Turn Count: 1.

Mismagius switches and at least Pokemon #2 dies.

Nida wrote:
... Are you Ghett0 come back to haunt us?

You're lucky to perishtrap once. If you're playing against people who don't have a way to trash your critters before they can do it again, you need to stop hunting your opponents outside the 4th-grade building at the elementary school.

QFT. Shame I don't know this Ghett0 person better. :lol:

Last edited by Volke on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay that makes more sense
but should mismaguis hold shed shell to ensure escape?

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

/vXv\ wrote:
Okay that makes more sense
but should mismaguis hold shed shell to ensure escape?

No. Mean look,Block,Wrap,fire spin etc. are quite rare to see, especially in doubles. Also Mismagius has levitate so it has no worries about Dugtrio's arena trap ability. Use leftovers or a lum berry to keep it active and in play to last thru the perish counts.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]