It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

_Eevee_ there is about 3 rules you broke in that post.

Only approved raters are allowed to rate
Team was already rated
Post count is too low to post here anyways

_Eevee_ wrote:
Use Fire Blast over Blaze Kick. It deals more damage to various threats, like Swampert

O_o so why would you use a move with no s.atk EVs and a -s.atk nature to better hit a poke that resists fire?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

MasterChef wrote:

Team was already rated

_Eevee_ wrote:
Use Fire Blast over Blaze Kick. It deals more damage to various threats, like Swampert

O_o so why would you use a move with no s.atk EVs and a -s.atk nature to better hit a poke that resists fire?

Ugh, sorry about breaking all those rules with that rate. I was just looking through the thread and felt that the previous rate had missed a bit, so yeah, sorry about that.

On the second question, a blaze boosted Fire Blast from Infernape, with the 252 Special Attack EVs I suggested deals 33.91% 36.63% to standard lead MixPert, according to Libelldra's damage calc. Where as Close Combat only deals 27% - 32.2% due to lead Pert's larger defense investment.

edit: the fact that you asked a question like that while saying that Ape was running a -SpA nature and no SpA EVs also makes me think that you didn't actually read what I posted other than trying to find errors of some kind, seeing as you don't notice that I suggest maxing special attack and using a Naive nature.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

_Eevee_ wrote:
MasterChef wrote:

Team was already rated

_Eevee_ wrote:

Ugh, sorry about breaking all those rules with that rate. I was just looking through the thread and felt that the previous rate had missed a bit, so yeah, sorry about that.

On the second question, a blaze boosted Fire Blast from Infernape, with the 252 Special Attack EVs I suggested deals 33.91% 36.63% to standard lead MixPert, according to Libelldra's damage calc. Where as Close Combat only deals 27% - 32.2% due to lead Pert's larger defense investment.

edit: the fact that you asked a question like that while saying that Ape was running a -SpA nature and no SpA EVs also makes me think that you didn't actually read what I posted other than trying to find errors of some kind, seeing as you don't notice that I suggest maxing special attack and using a Naive nature.

Quote:
Lead: Infernape - Jolly @ Focus Sash
4 HP, 252 attack, 252 speed
Fake Out
Stealth Rocks
Close Combat
Blaze Kick

Use Fire Blast over Blaze Kick. It deals more damage to various threats, like Swampert, Machamp, and Metagross. In addition, Infernape should try and avoid running more than 192 speed EVs, so as to avoid outspeeding other Infernape when they Close Combat, and outspeed base 100s (+Spd nature with 192 Spd EVs). 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spd is the most efficient leadape EVset, with Fire Blast > Blaze Kick.

Does anyone at all see the word Naive any where? other than the fact that the post its self is Naive (DEF: –adjective: having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information.)

Be sides for a SA Infernape the best choice verse Swampert would be grass Knot, or if he keeps it as a suicide lead he'd should have gone with Overheat or even Blast burn, or Flare blitz(except that would kill the focus sash)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

_Eevee_ wrote:
MasterChef wrote:

Team was already rated

_Eevee_ wrote:

It does 33-36 with the blaze boost, but that also requires the boost to be active, which means that it attacked you while you set up SR or CC'd, so switching would be the preferred move in that scenario to avoid KO (less you like suicide leads.) and bring a counter such as Gyarados who will take any water/ground/ice moves and set up DD, in which would also allow the blazing Infernape to come in later and attempt at least a one-turn sweep, also the 6% max difference is not worth the 15% chance of failure to strike and Nature/EV change which de-powers CC. I got no problems with anything else you posted and it all looks to be good advice. I'm not trying to find errors, but keeping blazed Infernape in against swampert is suicide after SR is set up (less you have grass knot or luck out encoring SR.)

Personally I'd run Flare Blitz for blaze hits, it is suicide, but the power and acc are grand, also it can be used for scouting.

/vXv\ wrote:

Does anyone at all see the word Naive any where? other than the fact that the post its self is Naive (DEF: –adjective: having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information.)

Be quiet you.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright, I rarely use these threads, but I'm in dire need of opinions. Here's how my team is looking:

Lead {bronzong} - Sassy @ leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 126 Def, 132 Sp. Def
Gyro Ball
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Easily sets up Stealth Rock while providing a decent counter for any sweeper leads that decide to pop up. Even if its hit with sleep status, it can be used later to sponge attacks and explode on anything that tries to set up something. Gyro Ball and Grass knot are there for type coverage, trying to take out anything that has low HP.

{vaporeon} - Bold @ leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 186 Def, 68 Sp. Att, 4 Spd
Surf
Acid Armor
Yawn
Wish

This Vaporeon has plenty of uses. It resists fire moves that threaten Bronzong and Jirachi. It can force a swap with Yawn or recover any Pokémon with Wish. Acid Armor is added to bulk up its defenses and pound away with Surf.

{jirachi} - Naive @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spd
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt

A Standard Mix set that covers everything in late game. Takes out any sweepers and tries to flinch the rest. Its typing and defenses gives it a good coverage give it a good chance to stand up to anything remaining.

{salamence} - Naughty @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 Att, 254 Sp. Att, 176 Spd
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Draco Meteor
Dragon Dance

To swap into anything that threatens Jirachi or Bronzong and set up with Dragon Dance. I only kept Draco Meteor because I thought having two dragon moves would limit the coverage.

{heatran} - Rash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp Att, 252 Spd.
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Explosion

Covers fire and can sweep a wide variety of things. If it seems threatened by a sweeping Pokémon, can easily take them out by exploding.

{zapdos} - Modest @ Wiseglasses
EVs: 192 HP, 14 Def, 252 Sp Att, 52 Spd
Charge Beam
AncientPower
Roost
Substitute

I know, this is a strange set. But the point is to swap into a predicted Earthquake and set up a Substitute to gain stats by Charge Beam. AncientPower is for Pokémon that are either immune to Electric attacks, or is weak against rock. Roost is to recover and to make it more resistant to Electric attacks.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Music Swashbuckler wrote:
Alright, I rarely use these threads, but I'm in dire need of opinions. Here's how my team is looking:

Lead {bronzong} - Sassy @ leftovers
Gyro Ball
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Easily sets up Stealth Rock while providing a decent counter for any sweeper leads that decide to pop up. Even if its hit with sleep status, it can be used later to sponge attacks and explode on anything that tries to set up something. Gyro Ball and Grass knot are there for type coverage, trying to take out anything that has low HP.

Looks fine, I assume levitate? Explosion can be changed to Light screen or Trick+Lagging tail to mess many fast leads like aerodactyl while keeping gyro ball strong. Taunt is not your friend so know when to switch scarftran/salamence in to counter it.

EVs: 252 HP, 186 Def, 68 Sp. Att, 4 Spd
Surf
Acid Armor
Yawn
Wish

This Vaporeon has plenty of uses. It resists fire moves that threaten Bronzong and Jirachi. It can force a swap with Yawn or recover any Pokémon with Wish. Acid Armor is added to bulk up its defenses and pound away with Surf.

Protect over acid armor allows vaporeon to better take wishes. With just surf for your attack those s.atk EVs can be moved to defense. Toxic can be used over yawn but yawn does work nicely with wish so either is fine.

{jirachi} - Naive @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spd
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt

A Standard Mix set that covers everything in late game. Takes out any sweepers and tries to flinch the rest. Its typing and defenses gives it a good coverage give it a good chance to stand up to anything remaining.

Looks good, you can swap I-punch and T-bolt for T-punch and Icy wind, T-punch hits waterCM users better and Icy wind's speed drop pairs well with Iron head, it does leave you more open to steels though.

EVs: 80 Att, 254 Sp. Att, 176 Spd
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Draco Meteor
Dragon Dance

To swap into anything that threatens Jirachi or Bronzong and set up with Dragon Dance. I only kept Draco Meteor because I thought having two dragon moves would limit the coverage.

If your using DD you really need Outrage or at least Dragon claw to abuse it, Move the S.atk EVs into atk and go with DD, EQ, Outrage and Fire blast, Lum could be good here to absorb and set up on status as well as removing outrage's confuse, also LO may be too hurtful without a spinner to kill SR.

EDIT: 7/16/10
Since salamence is uber now I should suggest something different. Flygon is a good choice as it can run about the same set, U-turn, Stone edge or tailwind(can pair well with an outrage sweep) over DD. It also gives your team an electric resist.

Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Explosion

Covers fire and can sweep a wide variety of things. If it seems threatened by a sweeping Pokémon, can easily take them out by exploding.

You really like your -s.def natures :p looks good.

EVs: 192 HP, 14 Def, 252 Sp Att, 52 Spd
Charge Beam
AncientPower
Roost
Substitute

I know, this is a strange set. But the point is to swap into a predicted Earthquake and set up a Substitute to gain stats by Charge Beam. AncientPower is for Pokémon that are either immune to Electric attacks, or is weak against rock. Roost is to recover and to make it more resistant to Electric attacks.
[/quote]

If you don't run toxic on vaporeon run it over ancient power here, as it has great stalling power. T-bolt may be better as sub zapdos sets draw phazers that will ruin your stats and subs. Also those EVs should be put into HP,speed, and Def (though due to your teams many -s.def natures investing in s.def may be better.) 192HP 64def/s.def 252speed and Timid, Modest is alright if you can't get a new one.

Your team overall looks good poke-wise, moves are a little off but not too bad, EVs seem a little to offensive but that's not a big issue.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

/vXv\ wrote:
Quote:
Lead: Infernape - Jolly @ Focus Sash
4 HP, 252 attack, 252 speed
Fake Out
Stealth Rocks
Close Combat
Blaze Kick

Use Fire Blast over Blaze Kick. It deals more damage to various threats, like Swampert, Machamp, and Metagross. In addition, Infernape should try and avoid running more than 192 speed EVs, so as to avoid outspeeding other Infernape when they Close Combat, and outspeed base 100s (+Spd nature with 192 Spd EVs). 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spd is the most efficient leadape EVset, with Fire Blast > Blaze Kick.

Be sides for a SA Infernape the best choice verse Swampert would be grass Knot, or if he keeps it as a suicide lead he'd should have gone with Overheat or even Blast burn, or Flare blitz(except that would kill the focus sash)

Actually, my problem might be that i was a bit to hasty (+Spe, -Def) with my reply, lol. No, rereading it, I realize that I didn't post Naive anywhere, but it's kinda obvious that I don't recommend you use a -SpA nature when recommending that you use 252 SpA. Secondly, you suggest Blast Burn as an option, which makes me lol. You also suggest using a physical fire move on pert, which is useless, since even with Blaze CC hits just as hard (if not harder). Using a special based fire move only does more damage because lead pert runs no Special Defense. Also, Swampert doesn't get KOed by Grass Knot without LO, which lead Infernape shouldn't be running, as it means that you lose to various threats that you would normally be able to beat (Azelf with Psychic, etc.) and it allows you to use Infernape mid - late game if you prevent rocks. Secondly, a fair amount of people using Swampert will EQ on the second turn to bring ape to the sash as he sets up rocks, then proceed to set up their own Stealth Rock, making Ape basically death fodder if you switch him out, so you have to attack.

And the comment about Naive was rather uncalled for. Don't insult people about their knowledge of this game till your own is greater than theirs, which you clearly don't, suggesting Flare Blitz and Blast Burn.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

This team is use for OU

Metagross
Lum Berry
252ATK 248HP 10SPD
Adamant
Clear Body
Bullet Punch
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Explosion

My lead 248HP and a lum berry to make sure that i'll be able to use stealth rock, bullet punch to fight againts other leads like weavile and aerodactyl and explosion as a last resort. Earthquake is just another nice strong move to finish off some pesky opponents. 10SPD so that I could out-speed most metagross with only 6spd evs

Roserade
Focus Sash
252SPD 252SPA 6HP
Timid
Natural Cure
Toxic Spike
Sleep powder
Leech Seed
Leaf Storm

A toxic spiker in my team sleep powder lets me set up my toxic spikes and leech seed for forcing the opponent to switch out. Focus Sash to prevent any strong fire psychic flying or ice type move to OHKO me. I was thinking about switching leech seed for Aromatherapy what do you think?

Swampert
Chesto Berry
252HP 218SPDEF 40DEF
Careful
Torrent
Waterfall/Aqua Tail
Avalanche
Curse
Rest

Tanking while dealing a lot of damage that's swampert best role for me. Curse is without a doubt one of the best skills that swampert has getting rid of useless speed for defence and power. Rest for recovering after using curse 2-3 times and chesto wake me up at that instance to do some nice damage back at my opponents. The only thing I cant decide is between Aqua Tail and Waterfall. Aqua Tail has more power but lower accuracy but waterfall ensures a a sure hit but with lower damage.

Scizor
Choice Band
252HP 252ATK 6SPD
Swarm
Adamant
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Superpower
Pursuit

One of the most popular physical sweepers in OU. U-Turn for a nice switch after finishing off some psychic or dark type opponents so that I can use another attack when it switch in later or have a counter against some fire type pokemon and pursuit to prevent some psychic and dark type from switching. Bullet punch for finishing off some low hp opponents and Superpower to finish off some disturbing pokemon like umbreon and blissey.

Dragonite
Leftovers
252HP 38ATK 220SPD
Inner Focus
Adamant
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Roost/Substitute

Since sala has gone to Ubers(according to smogon) Dragonite seem to be the 2nd best choice as a physical dragon type sweeper in OU. The only thing I cant decide is between Roost and Substitute Roost help me recover but Substitute helps me set up dragon dance better. What do you think?

Infernape
Focus Sash
252SPATK 252SPD 6HP
Focus Sash
Timid
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Grass Knot

Since I'm lacking for a Special Sweeper I couldn't think of a better one than Infernape in OU games. Focus Sash enables me to set up Nasty Plot at least once (without disturbance of stealth rock spikes or poison of course). Grass Knot to finish off Swampert and Focus Blast to finish off Employeon. Fire Blast is very strong but it lacks accuracy while Flamethrower has 100% accuracy with only a draw back of being weaker. So what's your opinion?

That's about it. I was thinking of putting Tentacruel Fortress or a Donphan as a rapid spinner any suggestion of who to take out? maybe roserade?

Last edited by Max_LKC on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

[quote="Music Swashbuckler"]Alright, I rarely use these threads, but I'm in dire need of opinions. Here's how my team is looking:

Lead {bronzong} - Sassy @ leftovers - leitate
psychic
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock
light screen

changes- light screen for explosion psychic for gyro ball
light screen can better protect you and considering you have many sp df lowering naturs this would vastly improve bronzong into a team player
psychic when ape comes in hes thinking only a bronzong we can set up sr and 1 or 2 HKO him but instead you hit with psychic for good power
i would suggest heatproof because you have 2 pokes to switch in on eq but overall levitate is probably better

EVs: 252 HP, 186 Def, 68 Sp. sp def, 4 Spd
Surf
protect
toxic
Wish

toxic staller with wall capabilities

{jirachi} - Naive @ salac berry
EVs: 36 def, 232 Att, 252 Spd
Iron Head
Ice Punch
u-turn
substitute

a bit more versatility here and you have a choice where you want to go

EVs: 64 hp, 252. Att, 194 Spd
Earthquake
roost
dragon claw
Dragon Dance

can really surprise you on how well this can do against aggressive foes and can maximise staling time if tho opponent is poisioned

Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
explosion

i really like this no changes

EVs: 92 HP, 14 Def, 252 Sp Att, 152 Spd
thunderbolt
AncientPower
Roost
Substitute

ev changes mostly and thunderbolt > charge beam always

im sorry if wasn't supposed to post after someone had rated but i like to see what people think of my opinion so i an learn from it

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{groudon} - Impish @ Leftovers - Drought
355 HP, 306 ATK, 348 DEF, 203 SpATK, 189 SpDEF, 216 Spd.
Fire Blast
Eruption
Fissure
SolarBeam

{milotic} - Quirky @ Life Orb - Marvel Scale
333 HP, 178 ATK, 204 DEF, 253 SpATK, 289 SpDEF, 200 Spd.
Hydro Pump
Aqua Tail
Hyper Beam
Substitute

{metagross} - Timid @ Mind Plate - Clear Body
294 HP, 288 ATK, 288 DEF, 209 SpATK, 236 SpDEF, 184 Spd.
Meteor Mash
Hyper Beam
Psychic
Hammer Arm

{garchomp} - Bold @ Draco Plate - Sand Veil
381 HP, 265 ATK, 249 DEF, 207 SpATK, 215 SpDEF, 241 Spd.
Dragon Rush
Earthquake
Draco Meteor
Giga Impact

{blissey} - Rash @ Liechi Berry - Serene Grace
663 HP, 38 ATK, 52 DEF, 195 SpATK, 275 SpDEF, 115 Spd.
Egg Bomb
Sing
Softboiled
Double-Edge

{jirachi} - Relaxed @ Exp. Share - Serene Grace
25 HP, 16 ATK, 17 DEF, 15 SpATK, 15 SpDEF, 13 Spd.
Wish
Confusion
Rest
Draco Meteor

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@ Max_LKC Are you playing Ubers (due to garchomp) or in-game? also give a summary for each poke and define your lead.

@Munchlax : ) DO NOT RATE IF YOU ARE NOT AN APPROVED RATER! I'm reporting everyone who breaks this rule from now on without warning. If you have to do it do it via PM.

@Zemo Firstly you need a higher post count and time to have your team rated, but exceptions can be made if the post quality is high. I need EVs not their actual stats. also define your lead, give a description for each poke and tell if your playing Ubers or In-game.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

MasterChef wrote:
@Zemo Firstly you need a higher post count and time to have your team rated, but exceptions can be made if the post quality is high.
Ok.
I need EVs not their actual stats.
you need a what what?
also define your lead,
my what?
give a description for each poke
but wouldn't that take, alot of time?
and tell if your playing Ubers or In-game.
ubers or in-game? RIIIGHT

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

my greatest apoligies

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Zemo12 wrote:
MasterChef wrote:
@Zemo Firstly you need a higher post count and time to have your team rated, but exceptions can be made if the post quality is high.
Ok.
I need EVs not their actual stats.
you need a what what?
also define your lead,
my what?
give a description for each poke
but wouldn't that take, alot of time?
and tell if your playing Ubers or In-game.
ubers or in-game? RIIIGHT

EVs or Effort values effect stats, 4evs give 1 point to a stat with a 255max ev per stat and a poke can have no more than 510 total. so you can give up to two stats a 63 point boost or spreed it out among multiple stats.

Your lead is the pokemon you start the battle with.

You just need a 2-3 sentence summary for each poke, what it does, why that item/moveset, what team members work well with it.

Ubers is a tier with all pokemon available to battle, Groudon and Garchomp are classed as uber only. In-game means your team is just for E4 and Battle tower, which is just less strategy and more offence.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok with salamence gone to uber i would like for someone to help me with what i should relace it with ok here it is

{aerodactyl} @ focus sash
naughty- 252 ATK 252 SPE 4 HP

stone edge
crunch
earthquake
stealth rock

{swampert} @ leftovers
relaxed- 24 ATK 252 DEF 128 SP DEF 100 HP

rest
roar
earthquake
waterfall

{salamence} @ leftovers
hasty- 252 ATK 64 DEF 194 SPE

dragon claw
earthquake
roost
dragon dance

{ninjask} @ liechi berry
hasty- 252 SPE [never finished evs after speed but i was going to do] 252 SP DEF 4 ATK

x scissor
substitute
swords dance
baton pass

{electrivire} @ life orb
hasty- 252 ATK 252 SPE 4 SP DEF

thunderpunch
fire punch
ice punch
cross chop

{weavile} @ choice scarf
jolly- 252 ATK 244 SPE 12 DEF

ice punch
ice shard
brick break
pursuit

and then other pokemon i have for use

{milotic}
sassy- 252 SP DEF 132 DEF 124 HP

hidden power [psychic]
recover
refresh
surf

{scizor}
naughty- 252 ATK 200 DEF 56 SPE

bullet punch
pursuit
swords dance
brick break

{lucario}
naive- 252 SPE 252 ATK 4 SP DEF

endure
reversal
swords dance
thunderpunch/ extremespeed

{jirachi}
mild- 252 SPE 236 ATK 20 SP ATK

iron head
u turn
draco meteor
ice punch/ substitute

{umbreon}
brave- 252 SP DEF 252 DEF 4 ATK

curse
wish
baton pass
payback

{togekiss}
bold- 252 HP 104 SP DEF 152 DEF

thunder wave
nasty plot
air slash
aura sphere

{toxicroak}
hasty- 252 ATK 252 SPE 4 HP

sucker punch
swords dance
ice punch
cross chop

{starmie}
naive- 252 SPE 104 SP DEF 152 SP ATK

recover
rapid spin
surf
thunderbolt

thanks

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well I cant play online so...

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@Munchlax: this is a team rating center. Smogon has great movesets for individual pokemon. Without the context of a team, it would be difficult to suggest better.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:56 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok i have an alright battle frontier team in my opinion, but other then that I'd use it to face some friends but thats about it.

{Arcanine} @need item
Impish- 252 ATK 252 SPD 4Hp

Flare Blitz
Reversal
Roar/Aerial Ace
Toxic/Extreemspeed

{Blastoise} @Choice Specs/Leftovers
Serious- 252 SP ATK 132 DEF 124 SP DEF

SurfHydro Pump
Ice Beam
Earthquaket/Flash Cannon
Rapid Spin//Focus Blast

{Zapdos} @need item
Naughty- 204 SP ATK 190 ATK 100 SPD

Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Roost/Charge
U-Turn/Ancientpower

Here are some other pokemon that i might swap in and out

{Mamoswine}@leftovers/Choice Band
Adamant- Ev's unknown

Earthquake
Avalanche
Superpower/Ancientpower
Stealth Rock

{Gallade} @Choice Band
Brave- 252 ATK 252 SPD 4 HP
Night Slash
Leaf Blade
Close Combat
Psycho Cut

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

MasterChef wrote:
@ Max_LKC Are you playing Ubers (due to garchomp) or in-game? also give a summary for each poke and define your lead.

@Munchlax : ) DO NOT RATE IF YOU ARE NOT AN APPROVED RATER! I'm reporting everyone who breaks this rule from now on without warning. If you have to do it do it via PM.

@Zemo Firstly you need a higher post count and time to have your team rated, but exceptions can be made if the post quality is high. I need EVs not their actual stats. also define your lead, give a description for each poke and tell if your playing Ubers or In-game.

May I please have an exception on the post count? I'll post the team now, if you don't mind, and I'll be happy to delete it if you don't think the quality is high enough to merit for my lack of posts.

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback/Explosion
---

Forretress starts off the team, getting up Toxic Spikes and if possible, Spikes early in the game. Rather than using that standard EVs for a physically defensive Forretress, I opt for maxing defense, as I don't get any notable KOs with 112 attack EVs, the standard. The moves are pretty obvious, Rapid Spin rids the field of Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes cause residual damage, and in the last moveslot I put either Payback, to hit ghosts, or more commonly, Explosion, to take out bulky DDGyara, as well as +1 DDMence locked into Outrage.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
---

Hippowdon is my teams answer to a huge number of highly annoying threats. He is my answer to a number of physical attackers which can otherwise sweep through my team with ease, and is one of my only methods of taking out Gliscor (Ice Fang sadly doesn't KO, but it's nice and surprising, and deals a hefty amount of damage). Stealth Rock is naturally on the moveset, increasing residual damage throughout the game. Hippo also serves as my main SD Lucario check.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roar
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
---

Heatran might seem slightly gimmicky, but this EVset actually works. Heatran gives me an answer to Pokemon which can run both mixed or physical movesets, like Jirachi, and threaten them out with Flamethrower or Earth Power, then proceed to Sub up, or Roar away the switch in. Max HP and Special Defense allow me to switch in on CM Jirachi, Rotom, and non specs Jolteon with more ease than maxing physical defensive stats. Overall, Heatran is one of the most effective Pokemon on the team.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP/12 Spd/248 SDef
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---

Gyarados serves as the MixApe counter and Nasty Plot Ape check. I also use Gyara to phaze out bulky DDGyara, who can be a slight problem for this team if Rotom is out (which shouldn't happen, as I try to bring Rotom out as late as possible). Gyara can also check SD Lucario reasonably well. Roar forces switches, Waterfall for some damage, and Rest and Sleep Talk for recovery (and hitting opponents with Roar / Waterfall). Gyarados is one of the most important team members, preventing Infernape from demolishing the team.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
---

Rotom serves as the teams spinblocker, and honestly doesn't have that much other reason to be on the team. Rotom checks DDGyara reasonably well provided that he doesn't get hit with a flinch from Waterfall, and can also serve as the teams status absorber, taking paras, burns, and occasionally sleep (though normally Gyarados takes Sleep better). Rotom also completes the standard stall core of Blissey / Rotom / Spiker.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
---

Yep, it's the Pink Blob of Doom. Blissey. I can take pretty much any special attack in the game with ease, and use Wish and Protect to heal up my HP. Toxic causes residual damage, making it easier to take out the likes of Salamence, Flygon, and Gliscor. Seismic Toss is used over Flamethrower to hit Heatran and Empoleon, both of whom can pose a slight threat to this team (though in general, Gyrados takes Heatran's attacks better). Blissey is a key member of the team, and my answer to a huge number of Pokemon.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MasterChef wrote:

I edited my post I decided to have some OU games no more Garchomp in my team for now. If you have time hope you can rate it, thanks~

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i posted my team which wa the first six pokemon and i asked what i should swap in for mence as he has become uber and based on my ev spread for him i felt i needed to change two pokemon for mence and something else which is why i showed the other pokemon i have available to me

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

_Eevee_ wrote:
Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback/Explosion
---

Forretress starts off the team, getting up Toxic Spikes and if possible, Spikes early in the game. Rather than using that standard EVs for a physically defensive Forretress, I opt for maxing defense, as I don't get any notable KOs with 112 attack EVs, the standard. The moves are pretty obvious, Rapid Spin rids the field of Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes cause residual damage, and in the last moveslot I put either Payback, to hit ghosts, or more commonly, Explosion, to take out bulky DDGyara, as well as +1 DDMence locked into Outrage.

It does not seem like ghosts should be a huge problem for your team; why not use Gyro Ball over Payback (unless you go with Explosion)?

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 SDef
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
---

Hippowdon is my teams answer to a huge number of highly annoying threats. He is my answer to a number of physical attackers which can otherwise sweep through my team with ease, and is one of my only methods of taking out Gliscor (Ice Fang sadly doesn't KO, but it's nice and surprising, and deals a hefty amount of damage). Stealth Rock is naturally on the moveset, increasing residual damage throughout the game. Hippo also serves as my main SD Lucario check.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roar
- Substitute
- Fire Blast / Lava Plume
- Earth Power
---

Heatran might seem slightly gimmicky, but this EVset actually works. Heatran gives me an answer to Pokemon which can run both mixed or physical movesets, like Jirachi, and threaten them out with Flamethrower or Earth Power, then proceed to Sub up, or Roar away the switch in. Max HP and Special Defense allow me to switch in on CM Jirachi, Rotom, and non specs Jolteon with more ease than maxing physical defensive stats. Overall, Heatran is one of the most effective Pokemon on the team.

Use Fire Blast over Flamethrower for pure damage, to compensate for the lack of EVs. Alternately, as your Heatran is defensive anyways, you could run Lava Plume for a 30% burn chance. As a lot of Heatran's effectiveness may come from threatening to be a revenge killer, Lava Plume burn might be more useful when your opponent realizes your EVs.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP/12 Spd/248 SDef
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---

Gyarados serves as the MixApe counter and Nasty Plot Ape check. I also use Gyara to phaze out bulky DDGyara, who can be a slight problem for this team if Rotom is out (which shouldn't happen, as I try to bring Rotom out as late as possible). Gyara can also check SD Lucario reasonably well. Roar forces switches, Waterfall for some damage, and Rest and Sleep Talk for recovery (and hitting opponents with Roar / Waterfall). Gyarados is one of the most important team members, preventing Infernape from demolishing the team.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
---

Rotom serves as the teams spinblocker, and honestly doesn't have that much other reason to be on the team. Rotom checks DDGyara reasonably well provided that he doesn't get hit with a flinch from Waterfall, and can also serve as the teams status absorber, taking paras, burns, and occasionally sleep (though normally Gyarados takes Sleep better). Rotom also completes the standard stall core of Blissey / Rotom / Spiker.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
---

Yep, it's the Pink Blob of Doom. Blissey. I can take pretty much any special attack in the game with ease, and use Wish and Protect to heal up my HP. Toxic causes residual damage, making it easier to take out the likes of Salamence, Flygon, and Gliscor. Seismic Toss is used over Flamethrower to hit Heatran and Empoleon, both of whom can pose a slight threat to this team (though in general, Gyrados takes Heatran's attacks better). Blissey is a key member of the team, and my answer to a huge number of Pokemon.

Yes, your team is well thought out. But, you're missing something most teams have too much of: a sweeper. You have plenty of counters, but you don't have a pokemon with pure offensive power. After spreading spikes and poison around, you need something that can boost up and wipe out the opponent's team. I recommend you make Gyarados a bulky DDrados; you'll still be able to switch in on SD Lucario and others.

Shinies

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would have thought that this would be completely obvious, but maybe you're not far enough on the ladder to encounter them yet. This is a full stall team. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47785 That's another example of a full stall team. This team is like that team; it doesn't use an ending sweeper, but relies on residual damage stacking up to beat the opponent.

Forretress knows Payback so as to prevent Spinblocking. Also, for the record, the team has a slight SubSplit Gengar weakness.
Heatran can't use Fire Blast, since he's my only method of checking Breloom well (after Rotom breaks the sub), and Fire Blast is to unreliable. I used Lava Plume for a time, but it interfered with Toxic in the long run, and with Mence gone, there really is no reason to sacrifice the power, as Salamence and Gyarados were the two main reasons to use Lava Plume.

Anyways, thanks for the rate of the team. ^_^

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Although your going for full stall, I'd highly recommend a revenge killer to at least have a shot to stop a opponent's sweeper if it manages multiple boosts, which with the team's low speed and vulnerability of taunt can be likely. Scarftran would probably give best combination of revenge killing and bulk for stalling. Haven't done the calcs for it but I'm willing to bet +1 Jolly TTar, either DD or CB will crunch/QuakeEdge through most of your team bar forretress who can only spin or explode back. Also in a similar manner of the team you linked to, hippowdon would lead better than forretress.

Also that is the PERFECT quality I like to see teams posted. :D Though if your have a preference of pure-stall you should mention it.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:16 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ScaleyJones wrote:
Ok i have an alright battle frontier team in my opinion, but other then that I'd use it to face some friends but thats about it.

{Arcanine} @need item
Impish- 252 ATK 252 SPD 4Hp

Flare Blitz
Reversal
Roar/Aerial Ace
Toxic/Extreemspeed

{Blastoise} @Choice Specs/Leftovers
Serious- 252 SP ATK 132 DEF 124 SP DEF

SurfHydro Pump
Ice Beam
Earthquaket/Flash Cannon
Rapid Spin//Focus Blast

{Zapdos} @need item
Naughty- 204 SP ATK 190 ATK 100 SPD

Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Roost/Charge
U-Turn/Ancientpower

Here are some other pokemon that i might swap in and out

{Mamoswine}@leftovers/Choice Band
Adamant- Ev's unknown

Earthquake
Avalanche
Superpower/Ancientpower
Stealth Rock

{Gallade} @Choice Band
Brave- 252 ATK 252 SPD 4 HP
Night Slash
Leaf Blade
Close Combat
Psycho Cut

If I recall correctly the Battle Frontier uses teams of 3 for singles and 4 for doubles. In any case, your team is too focused on pure attacking. It's standard to have a physical sweeper, a special sweeper, and a tank; make one of your sweepers a stat booster, rather than Choice/pure attack.

The options for Toxic and Roar on Arcanine are interesting, but you'd be better off having a dedicated tank with such moves.

I wouldn't bother using Stealth Rock or spikes in Battle Frontier because the AI rarely switches pokemon. In an average battle, you'll only get 2 hits from it, assuming your lead uses it.

_Eevee_ wrote:
I would have thought that this would be completely obvious, but maybe you're not far enough on the ladder to encounter them yet. This is a full stall team. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47785 That's another example of a full stall team. This team is like that team; it doesn't use an ending sweeper, but relies on residual damage stacking up to beat the opponent.

I know what a full stall team is. I prefer to have some kind of anti-stall, or way to gain an offensive advantage when facing another stall team, but that's your choice.

Shinies

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next