It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hammy please put natures, EVs, and what game your team is meant to be played in.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Do I need natures? I'm not that competitive, this team is just for battling my friends.
And I have NO IDEA how to calculate EV's and IV's and other V's.
It is for my Diamond version, but I dont know if that matters.
If it does, I could just trade them all over to my Soul Silver.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well then the final stipulation if you do this I will rate your team at least summarize what each Pokemon on your team is meant to do.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, im sorry if I offeneded you.

This is a two vs two (double battle) team that I want to use against my friends.
It is only for fun so im not interested in EVs and IVs, but I would like to know good moves and items and combos.

Here is my team:

Alakazam {alakazam} @Shell Bell
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Recover
- Calm Mind
He's kind've an all around fighter.
He's meant to do damage to different pokemon with Psychic and Energy Ball,
while at the same time staying alive with Recover and Calm Mind.
Partners:
{weavile} (to take any Flying or Dark types that {alakazam} can't hurt (luckly, my friends dont use any {honchkrow} .

Gengar {gengar} @Wise Glasses (Special Sweeper)
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Hyper Beam
- Shadow Ball
Gengar does as much damage as possible as fast as possible.
He uses Special Moves and the Wise Glasses to boost his Spec. Atk.
Hypnosis / Dream Eater can do lots of damage and heal him if need be.
If he's low on health, a finishing move of Hyper Beam will make sure he's remebered.
Partners:
{weavile} They are all for dpt (damage per turn)
{gallade} They are all for dpt (damage per turn)

Starmie {starmie} @Leftovers (Wall)
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Toxic
- Water Pulse
Starmie is meant to survive.
Constant Cosmic Powers and Recovers will keep it alive for a long time.
Once its defence and spec. def. is high, it can poision the oppent then try and confuse with water pulse.
Partners:
{exeggutor} Wall buddies!

Exeggutor {exeggutor} @Miracle Seed (Wall)
- Leech Seed
- Leafstorm (Maybe razor leaf??? see below)
- Curse
- Synthesis
Exeggutor is meant to survive.
Opening move: Leech Seed (one of my most favorite moves or all time)
Constant Curse and Synthesis will keep it alive for a long time.
Once its attack and defence is high, it can use leafstorm for lots of damage.
(I was also thinking of replacing Leafstorm with a physical move, because Curse powers up attack)
Partners:
{starmie} Wall buddies!

Weavile {weavile} @??? (Physical Sweeper)
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Revenge
- Strength
Weavile does as much damage as possible as fast as possible.
He uses Physical Moves to take advantage of his high Attack stat.
He has a varity of moves so that he can handle many different pokemon that come my way.
{gengar} They are all for dpt (damage per turn)
{alakazam} He can protect {alakazam}

Gallade {gallade} @Scope Lens (Physical Sweeper)
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Lucky Chant
Gallade does as much damage as possible as fast as possible.
Leaf Blade and Psycho Cut have high crits. and the scope lens helps the crits go up aswell.
Close Combat is for Dark types who might destroy my team.
Lucky Chant is just to help all my guys from surprise damage.

I hope that's enough. I didn't mean to say anything wrong.
~HTP

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:03 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This is the Competitive team I am working on for my Soul Silver (still in early stages its hard to find a good blissey with seismic)

Gyarados {gyarados} @ Leftovers
Intimidate - Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake

The idea with the DD gyarados is to get someone to either switch to a thunderbolt speed poke or if they decide to stay in against it punch them in the mouth with a powerful physical moveset. This pokemon has a mean attack and speed after one DD and with leftovers its hard to get rid of it. This thing will encourage an electric type move or set up on a phys wall switch.

Electivire {electivire} @ Expert Belt
Motor Drive - Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

~ Thunderpunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Cross Chop
~ Earthquake

The strategy here is simple, adamant nature and fully invested EVs this pokemon is meant to switch into the electrical type move directed at gyarados. With this movepool electivire is super effective against 13 of 17 types and uses the expert belt for even more physical power.

Gengar {gengar} @ Life Orb
Levitate - Timid
252 Spc Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Spc Def

~ Substitute
~ Pain Split
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast

By far one of my most favorite pokemon and it comes with a new toy in HG/SS, pain split. The idea behind this annoying guy is simple, out speed the majority of the pokemon out there, sub up and use the STAB shadow ball to hit them. With the added boost from the life orb and the move sup pain split is just unfair, if used properly this thing could KO a blissey with the super effective focus punch and continue to get the subs out there.

Starmie {starmie} @ Life Orb
Natural Cure - Timid
252 Spc Atk, 252 Spd, 4HP

~ Rapid Spin
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam

I decided to forgo a mixed wall for a spinner, now everywhere I go people suggest that starmie be more defensive as a spinner and have leftovers but in my experience you dont have that much time to use recover against offensive styled teams like mine so I put in an ice beam and gave it a life orb to hopefully outrun nasty sweepers like dragonite and gyarados and take them out. With a STAB surf at my disposal it can do some damage as well as get in a game changing spin if they get some nasty spikes/Srock set up.

Skarmory {skarmory} @ Leftovers
Sturdy - Impish
252 HP, 240 Def, 16 Spd

~ Spikes
~ Whirlwind
~ Roost
~ Brave Bird

Number one of the BFF dynamic duo team with blissey, skarmory is still my favorite physical wall. Being able to use spikes with the combo of whirlwind it is mean. Roost is nice, being strong against even the most powerful phys type moves losing the weakness to electricity and what not is nice for a bit. Brave Bird is more effective in game than Drill peck when really getting into it, its nice to be able to take them down bit by bit with whirlwind, recover from hits and then smack them with Brave Bird to finish them off.

Blissey {blissey} @ Leftovers
Natural Cure - Bold
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spc Def

~ Seismic Toss
~ Softboiled
~ Thunderwave
~ Stealth Rock

The last part of my BFF combo, Blissey remains in my eyes one of the most effective Spc walls in the game. The moveset is standard, I decided to do without aroma therapy though I do admit that the move is nice to have. The idea here is to switch in on a spec sweeper and set up my rocks. Thunderwave the fast sweeper and have my way with it after that. It is a classic pokemon that will probably never leave my team.

All in all Gyarados and Electivire are designed to compliment each other, while most teams seem to start out with a Stealth Rock poke nowadays I decided I would start out with the threat. Once it gets set up most trainers will want it out before it can eat through a team, with electivire there to pick up its on real weakness and come in with insane attack and boosted speed its basically a free switch. Blissey and Skarmory are the classic dynamic duo, these guys are my best walls and help to beat any offensive team without a spinner. The gengar moveset is new, before I took out my old gengar for a mixed wall pain split Dusknoir which seemed like a good invesetment then, but with gengars new found power it seems smart to use this to take out most things and be super annoying. Starmie is the only pokemon I am not really sure of, I have never had great results with it but I wanted a fast offensive spinner and starmie was the only one in the current OU meta game... I hope you like it, feel free to pick it apart.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I will get to both of you guys after I get done with my classes for the day.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@ zero cool : i wouldn't really bother looking for an s-toss bliss at this stage now that gen 5 is out

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
i wouldn't really bother looking for an s-toss bliss at this stage now that gen 5 is out

3rd gen tutor moves are still legal in genV.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As I said I am getting to you both after my classes. Corrections in green.

hammythepig wrote:
Ok, im sorry if I offeneded you.

This is a two vs two (double battle) team that I want to use against my friends.
It is only for fun so im not interested in EVs and IVs, but I would like to know good moves and items and combos.

Here is my team:

Alakazam {alakazam} @Life Orb/Wise Glasses
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind
He's kind've an all around fighter.
He's meant to do damage to different pokemon with Psychic and Energy Ball,
while at the same time staying alive with Recover and Calm Mind.
Partners:
{weavile} (to take any Flying or Dark types that {alakazam} can't hurt (luckly, my friends dont use any {honchkrow} .

Psychic plus Energy Ball gives you bad coverage. Not only does it prevent Alakazam from hitting steels it prevents him from hitting darks as well. Replace Energy Ball with Focus Blast to gain coverage against steels and darks. Don't use Shell Bell if you have Recover, use either Life Orb for more power. Plus with Recover you can get back that lost HP, or if that isn't your thing use Wise Glasses.

Gengar {gengar} @Wise Glasses/[color=40FF00]Petaya Berry[/color] (Special Sweeper)
- Hypnosis/Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire], Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Explosion
- Shadow Ball
Gengar does as much damage as possible as fast as possible.
He uses Special Moves and the Wise Glasses to boost his Spec. Atk.
Hypnosis / Dream Eater can do lots of damage and heal him if need be.
If he's low on health, a finishing move of Hyper Beam will make sure he's remebered.
Partners:

Psychic/Ghost/Normal is horrible type coverage. If you want him to do as much damage specially, you can give him Substitute instead of Hypnosis and sub down to activate the the Petaya Berry for a Special Attack boost. Thunderbolt is pretty much a given on any Gengar due to the prevalence of waters and flying types in the game. The third move is a toss up. Hidden Power [Fire] is there if you hate Scizor, Energy Ball if you hate Swampert and other Rocks/Grounds, Focus Blast if you hate Steels like Heatran, and Explosion is there to go out with a bang. If you plan to use Explosion make sure your partner Pokemon has protect.

Starmie {starmie} @Leftovers (Wall)
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Toxic
- Surf/Ice Beam
Starmie is meant to survive.
Constant Cosmic Powers and Recovers will keep it alive for a long time.
Once its defence and spec. def. is high, it can poision the oppent then try and confuse with water pulse.
Partners:
{exeggutor} Wall buddies!

If this is meant to be a wall then this works. Just replace Water Pulse with either Surf or Ice Beam. The only problem is finding the time to get Starmie to survive hits so it can put up some Cosmic Powers, you might want to add on some Reflect/Light Screen support.

Exeggutor {exeggutor} @Leftovers/Light Clay (Wall)
- Leech Seed
- Light Screen/Reflect
- Sleep Powder/Stun Spore
- Psychic/Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain
Exeggutor is meant to survive.
Opening move: Leech Seed (one of my most favorite moves or all time)
Constant Curse and Synthesis will keep it alive for a long time.
Once its attack and defence is high, it can use leafstorm for lots of damage.
(I was also thinking of replacing Leafstorm with a physical move, because Curse powers up attack)
Partners:
{starmie} Wall buddies!

Don't use Exeggutor's attack stat use it's special attack stat as its thirty points higher. Leftovers should almost always go on a wall Pokemon. Use one or both of the Screens to help its defenses if you go that route use Light Clay to make it last longer. The powders are there to help spread statuses. The last move would be your attacking move. Giga Drain to gain more HP back as well as STAB, Psychic for STAB and should always be considered, Sludge Bomb is there for the off chance of a poison.

Weavile {weavile} @Muscle Band/Life Orb/Focus Sash (Physical Sweeper)
- Ice PunchIce Shard
- Night Slash
- Brick Break/Protect
- Swords Dance/Protect
Weavile does as much damage as possible as fast as possible.
He has a varity of moves so that he can handle many different pokemon that come my way.
{alakazam} He can protect {alakazam}

Ice Shard should always be considered as priority is always a help in battles and should always be looked at. Revenge is a no, there are better fighting type moves to use. Brick Break would be better as it could break potential screens, and Swords Dance will help strengthen its attacks. Protect is only there if you want to use Explosion on Gengar, as you don't want to take out one of your Pokemon as well.

Gallade {gallade} @Scope Lens (Physical Sweeper)
- Rock Slide
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak/Bulk Up/Protect
Gallade does as much damage as possible as fast as possible.
Leaf Blade and Psycho Cut have high crits. and the scope lens helps the crits go up aswell.
Close Combat is for Dark types who might destroy my team.
Lucky Chant is just to help all my guys from surprise damage.

Shadow Sneak for the priority or Bulk Up for more bulk really. Protect again if you want Gengar to explode, if you don't put it on Gengar then don't worry about it. Also replace Leaf Blade for Rock Slide as Rock Slide can hit both of your opponents Pokemon.

I hope that's enough. I didn't mean to say anything wrong.
~HTP
The team is ok, as its just for friends I don't see that much of a problem. If you can jusst try and add attacks that can hit mulitple Pokemon like Rock Slide, Earthquake, Explosion, etc.... Also make sure your Pokemon have variety in their attacks.

Zero Cool wrote:
This is the Competitive team I am working on for my Soul Silver (still in early stages its hard to find a good blissey with seismic)

Gyarados {gyarados} @ Leftovers
Intimidate - Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake

The idea with the DD gyarados is to get someone to either switch to a thunderbolt speed poke or if they decide to stay in against it punch them in the mouth with a powerful physical moveset. This pokemon has a mean attack and speed after one DD and with leftovers its hard to get rid of it. This thing will encourage an electric type move or set up on a phys wall switch.

Standard not much to say

Electivire {electivire} @ Expert Belt
Motor Drive - Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

~ Thunderpunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Cross Chop
~ Earthquake

The strategy here is simple, adamant nature and fully invested EVs this pokemon is meant to switch into the electrical type move directed at gyarados. With this movepool electivire is super effective against 13 of 17 types and uses the expert belt for even more physical power.

Again standard. So not much to say.

Gengar {gengar} @ Life Orb/Petaya Berry
Levitate - Timid
252 Spc Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Spc Def

~ Substitute
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast

By far one of my most favorite pokemon and it comes with a new toy in HG/SS, pain split. The idea behind this annoying guy is simple, out speed the majority of the pokemon out there, sub up and use the STAB shadow ball to hit them. With the added boost from the life orb and the move sup pain split is just unfair, if used properly this thing could KO a blissey with the super effective focus punch and continue to get the subs out there.

Don't use Pain Split on a Gengar that is meant to sweep, drop it and add T-Bolt. If you want to use Pain Split I can give you an interesting set that incorporates it, but it will be a lead Gar.

Starmie {starmie} @ Life Orb
Natural Cure - Timid
252 Spc Atk, 252 Spd, 4HP

~ Rapid Spin
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam

I decided to forgo a mixed wall for a spinner, now everywhere I go people suggest that starmie be more defensive as a spinner and have leftovers but in my experience you dont have that much time to use recover against offensive styled teams like mine so I put in an ice beam and gave it a life orb to hopefully outrun nasty sweepers like dragonite and gyarados and take them out. With a STAB surf at my disposal it can do some damage as well as get in a game changing spin if they get some nasty spikes/Srock set up.

Standard Starmie. Looks good. Bolt Beam, Surf, Spin. Good moves.

Skarmory {skarmory} @ Leftovers
Sturdy - Impish
252 HP, 240 Def, 16 Spd

~ Spikes
~ Whirlwind
~ Roost
~ Brave Bird

Number one of the BFF dynamic duo team with blissey, skarmory is still my favorite physical wall. Being able to use spikes with the combo of whirlwind it is mean. Roost is nice, being strong against even the most powerful phys type moves losing the weakness to electricity and what not is nice for a bit. Brave Bird is more effective in game than Drill peck when really getting into it, its nice to be able to take them down bit by bit with whirlwind, recover from hits and then smack them with Brave Bird to finish them off.

Again another standard. Not much to say.

Blissey {blissey} @ Leftovers
Natural Cure - Bold
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spc Def

~ Seismic Toss
~ Softboiled
~ Thunderwave
~ Stealth Rock

The last part of my BFF combo, Blissey remains in my eyes one of the most effective Spc walls in the game. The moveset is standard, I decided to do without aroma therapy though I do admit that the move is nice to have. The idea here is to switch in on a spec sweeper and set up my rocks. Thunderwave the fast sweeper and have my way with it after that. It is a classic pokemon that will probably never leave my team.

Another standard. Not much to critique.

All in all Gyarados and Electivire are designed to compliment each other, while most teams seem to start out with a Stealth Rock poke nowadays I decided I would start out with the threat. Once it gets set up most trainers will want it out before it can eat through a team, with electivire there to pick up its on real weakness and come in with insane attack and boosted speed its basically a free switch. Blissey and Skarmory are the classic dynamic duo, these guys are my best walls and help to beat any offensive team without a spinner. The gengar moveset is new, before I took out my old gengar for a mixed wall pain split Dusknoir which seemed like a good invesetment then, but with gengars new found power it seems smart to use this to take out most things and be super annoying. Starmie is the only pokemon I am not really sure of, I have never had great results with it but I wanted a fast offensive spinner and starmie was the only one in the current OU meta game... I hope you like it, feel free to pick it apart.

The team is ok I would suggest just a few things. A revenge killer. They can always kill Pokemon for ya and are always handy. Also add priority. I can not tell you how many battles I have lost because I didn't have priority. Now for that Gengar.

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid Nature
252Speed/252 Special Attack/4 Attack
Counter
Destiny Bond
Pain Split
Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Thunderbolt/Explosion

Lead Gar, with sash it can use Counter and take out another Pokemon, plus the surprises factor is great. Destiny Bond something that would take it out otherwise. Pain Split there just to be a general annoyance. The last move is to just attack with really so pick your poison.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, thanks alot. Two questions: 1. HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE GOOD TEAMS???
2. Wouldnt Ice Punch be better than Ice Shard because it does double the damage?

Thanks alot for your help.
(I cant believe I didnt realize I needed double hit moves)

EDIT:
PS-
In a double battle, can you use skill swap on your partner? Because you can attack your partner, but will skill swap work?
If it will I was thinking of having a Dusknoir {dusknoir} with Skill Swap and use it on shedinja {shedinja}.
So that {dusknoir} can only be hit by Dark and Ghost moves! Isn't that amzaing!

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Answering questions in order that they were asked.

1. I have been playing Pokemon competitively since the days of Red and Blue. This is something of a second nature, once you have been around the block with teams as long as I have you pick up a few things.
2. Though Ice Punch does more damage than Ice Shard priority is always helpful and like I said in the other rate, it is something to always be considered. I mean wouldn't it be nice to kill that Scarfed Flygon with Weavile before it can touch you?
3. Yes you can use Skill Swap on any Pokemon in a double battle if I'm not mistaken.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
3. Yes you can use Skill Swap on any Pokemon in a double battle if I'm not mistaken. [/color]

Wonder Guard and Multitype cannot be Skill swapped or Role played.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Aw, that stinks. I was just starting to make a second team as well.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Golem
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Atk., 126 Sp. Def., 6 Def.
Focus Band
Sandstorm Stealth Rock
Roar Explosion
Strategy: Golem will first Stealth Rock, then Sandstorm. It will then Roar the opponents to death, and when it goes to low hp, it explodes. and the bell to receive 2x as much hp, because it is dealing damage for sandstorm, and stealth rock for the roar.

Lucario
EVs: 252 Atk., 129 Def., 129 Sp. Def.
Black Belt
Swords Dance Close Combat
Aura Sphere Roar
Strategy: He will either Roar the opponent to death, or buff himself up with Swords Dance and then Pwn with his powerful Fighting attacks, which are enforced by his Black Belt.

Blaziken
EVs: 252 Atk., 252 Speed, 6 HP
muscle band
Focus Energy Blaze Kick
Thunder punch Slash
Strategy: It can roar, or deal a lot of Critical hits, thanks to the three factors involved, the high-critical ratio by focus energy of his attacks, the muscle band powers blaze kick, and slash up to a great crit. strike plus an extra boost.

Togekiss
Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 129 Sp. Def., 129 Sp. Atk.
wish protect
toxic aura sphere
Strategy: basically to stall damage, use toxic, then use wish and protect, wish to heal next turn and alternate protect, and protect to not receive further damage, while not losing health, toxic completely kills the opponent, but if the opponent is steel type, use aura sphere for super effectiveness, because poison is un-affective against steel types.

Starmie
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 6 HP
choice specs.
thunderbolt rapid spin
surf ice beam
strategy: to vary in type take down, and get rid of spikes, stealth rock, ect. with rapid spin, then switch, when you need it again, switch and use... surf takes fire, ground, and rock thunderbolt takes flying,and water, and finally ice beam takes grass, dragon, flying, and ground.

Snorlax
Chesto Berry
EVs:252 HP, 252 Atk., 6 Def
rest curse
body slam earthquake

Strategy: Use curse to increase attack, and defense, then use body slam, to possibly paralyze, or use earthquake to faint. strong sweepers, like heatran, then use rest for full heal!

visit my graffix mart, you can use them if you want, but if you do, please give me credit.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm sorry Muten but you don't have enough posts to even qualify for a rating. You could get a rating if your post quality was excellent. But it isn't.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Zero Cool has been approved to rate teams.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{togekiss} @Leftovers ; Hustle. #Mild Nature
252 HP / 252 Speed / Remains into SpAttk
Roost ; Nasty Plot ; Air Slash ; Aura Sphere

{arcanine} @Life Orb ; Intimidate. #Adamant Nature
252 Attack / 4 SpDefense / 252 Speed
Extremespeed ; Flare Blitz ; Morning Sun ; Thunder Fang

{lucario} @Focus Band ; Inner Focus. #Jolly Nature
252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
Extremespeed ; Reversal ; Swords Dance ; Crunch

{shuckle} @Leftovers ; Sturdy. #Careful Nature
252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 SpDefense
Knock Off / Rest / Encore / Toxic

{bronzong} @Focus Band ; Leviate. #Calm Nature
252 HP / 252 SpDefense / 8 Defense
Hypnosis / Reflect / Rain Dance / Explosion

{kingdra} @Leftovers ; Swift Swim. #Adamant Nature
200 Attack / 140 SpAttk / 168 Speed
Dragon Dance / Surf / Ice Beam / Outrage

I'm considering to swap a Pokemon with a {forretress} . Any opinions ?

{forretress} @Leftovers ; Sturdy. #Timid Nature
252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Stealth Rock / Rapid Spin / Toxic / Explosion

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

zPIRATED Please include what game your team is meant to be played in and a short description of what each Pokemon is meant to do. If you do that then you shall get a team rating.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. I guessing this is for singles
2. Hustle is a bad choice as it ruins your accuracy, with no positive effects, modest nature would be better since it won't ruin your defence
My togekiss from VGWC its meant to be a tank, I went with hyper-beam ultimately, and it paid off, OHKO'd a Mewtwo that had me in the red with one hit.
Quote:
Togekiss {togekiss} Serene grace Lum Berry
Bold EVs HP, SD, DF
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Heat Wave
Roost/Hyper Beam

togekiss doesn't need extra healing with roost but status is very bad for it.
3. Focus band on lucario should be a focus sash
4. Brozong doesn't need focus band, Damp rock/light clay would be better to prolong the effects of rain dance/reflect.
5. brozong should be careful nature so that explosion doesn't lose its oomph.
6. If kingdras going to be a mixed attacker with dragon dance then Its 2 STAB moves should be Physical Waterfall and Outrage, it should also get a naughty nature.
7. Forretress should also have careful nature, and EVs focused on its weaker SD.

Last edited by /vXv\ on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vxv/ has been approved to rate teams.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:35 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This is my team for Pokemon Platinum

Empoleon @ icicle plate
Adamant Nature
Level 40

Moves:

Flash Cannon
Surf
Shadow Claw
Aerial Ace

I use him manily as the offensive pokemon i use him when my pokemon are weak.... i dont have much to say for hwat i use him for i use him against pokemon which are weak against his attacks.

Gardevoir @ Odd Icense
Mild Nature
Level 40

Moves:

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Focus Blast
Magical Leaf

My most flexible pokemon of my team i use him for the purpose when there is danger he is there to help me with his various attacks so i can count on him....
Starvia @ Nothing
Level 22
Adamant Nature

My Planned Moveset:

Wing Attack
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Wing Attack
Take Down

This pokemon is also my attacker

Shinx @ Nothing
Level 5
Modest Nature

My Planned Moveset:
Thunder Fang
Crunch
Spark
Strength

I use luxray as my attack too... i mean he is quite powerful when used right....right?

Gardevoir @ Nothing
Level 41
Mild Nature

Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Magical Leaf
Focus Blast

This my most flexible pokemon in times of danger it helps me a lot since it has a variety of attacks....

I'm looking for a houndour with a modest nature(soon to be houndoom)

here is my plan:

Houndoom @ BlackGlasses
Level 40

Moveset
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Sunny Day
Fire Blast

thats about it...

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. Read the rules
2. This is not a competitive team

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:27 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay, this is the first team that I'm trying to put together to be competitive, so don't laugh at me :p

This is designed for a double battle, and my "theme" is Speed/Accuracy/Power...

1. {starmie}
a. Surf
b. Power Gem
c. Hydro Pump
d. Psychic

Stamie is quick, and with Surf can hit multiple targets. Power Gem is for those pesky electric types that people would try to use against it as well as Flying types. Psychic and Hydro Pump are my power moves.

2. {shedinja}
a. Bug Buzz (so far unsuccessful)
b. Shadow Ball
c. Sand Attack
d. Confuse Ray

Shedinja I like mainly because of its ability. I can use moves like Surf with little fear it will KO my own Pokemon. Bug Buzz would be for Grass types. Confuse Ray and Sand Attack are accuracy killers. Shadow Ball is for anything else.

3. {gallade}
a. Psychic
b. Hypnosis
c. Dream Eater
d. Close Combat

Gallade is another quick Pokemon. Hypnosis prevents the opponent from attacking for a few turns, Dream Eater of course will restore HP. Close Combat for Dark types, and Psychic for power.

4. {sableye}
a. Dark Pulse
b. Power Gem
c. Confuse Ray
d. Shadow Ball

Sableye I like because of its types. There is very few Pokemon (that people would actually use) that have type advantage against it. Dark Pulse is my power Dark move for Psychic types. Confuse Ray, again, kills accuracy. Power Gem, for Electric and Flying types, and Shadow Ball because I couldn't come up with anything better.

5. {garchomp}
a. Earthquake
b. Dig
c. Crunch
d. Dragon Rush

I know, I know, Garchomp is widely known as an uber. The only reason why I can consider it is because I can catch multiples in the game. Moveset is the best I could muster with the info that I have to consider. Earthquake because I can hit multiples. Crunch for psychic types. Dragon Rush for Power. Dig, just because Dig is awesome.

6. {metagross}
a. Hammer Arm
b. Meteor Mash
c. Psychic
d. Hyper Beam

The only way Metagross fits in the team is Psychic. Its more for power than anything else. As a last pokemon, I'd like to have something strong with a lot of HP and Metagross fit the bill.

I can see a few flaws in this team, and don't know how to compensate for them and still be within my scheme. I don't know anything about EV or IV training, as it seems it would take forever for me to learn. I'm also horrible at picking items, especially for pokemon that use multi-type movesets. Again, this is my first attempt, and I don't think I did horrible. My feelings will not be hurt if you tell me I'm an idiot, it'll just make me work harder the next time. Any suggestions would be great. Whether it be held items, different Pokemon, Natures, etc. - I don't care! I'm just trying to beat my friends here, so this seems like a good idea.

HeartGold: 4727-0718-7125

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I am sorry Daemiian you do not have enough posts to qualify for a rating.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ouch..i though I had more than I did, serves me right for not paying attention...but seriously thats a bit harsh.

I've been a member of the forums for a year or so (i think), so you figure, it'll take me another 3+ years to get to 25 posts..

I guess I'll just wait

HeartGold: 4727-0718-7125

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next