It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Moved lower to be noticed

Last edited by /vXv\ on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, I have 2 teams, and though neither one are done, I couldn't just pick six Poke's. This is what I have for team 1:

Team 1, Pokemon 1
Tyranitar w/Sharp Beak
Timid / Alert to Sounds
Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd, 86 Sp. Def, 86 Def, 86 Sp. Atk
Rock Slide
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Aerial Ace
Bringing out a powerful tyrant with more speed than people would have guessed, her job is to put as much damage at the start right away. The Sharp Beak is simply meant to increase the strength of her weakest attack.

Team 1, Pokemon 2
Garchomp w/Bright Powder
Calm / Somewhat Vain
Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Sp. Def, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Atk
Outrage
Earth Power
Flamethrower
Iron Head
Combining Sand Stream and Sand Veil along with Bright Powder, this Garchomp's evasion is bumped up 20% at the very start. Flamethrower and Iron Head are meant to counter any Ice Pokemon.

Team 1, Pokemon 3
Dragonite w/Black Belt
Calm / Capable of Taking Hits
Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 6 Atk
Dragon Pulse
Fly
Ice Beam
Brick Break
Mainly meant to have good endurance and take out Ice and Dragon Pokemon alike, she is mainly an offensive creature. Black Belt is only meant to increase Brick Break.

Team 1, Pokemon 4
Salamence w/Wide Lens
Bold / Strong Willed
Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 6 HP
Draco Meteor
Fly
Thunder Fang
Stone Edge
This bad boy has some powerful techniques that lack a bit of accurracy. The Wide Lens covers that problem, and even though Draco Meteor knocks his Sp. Atk down 2 levels, I made sure that Draco Metoer is the ONLY move affected by this sacrifice.

Team 1, Pokemon 5
Metagross w/Miracle Seed
Calm / Loves to Eat
Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 6 Sp. Atk
Flash Cannon
Psychic
Earthquake
Grass Knot
Lots of HP, lots of Sp. Def, and a surprising Grass-type attack which is pumped by Miracle Seed, this thing is meant to withstand predictable Special Attacks, and live off of a lot of HP endurance.

Team 1, Pokemon 6
Slaking w/Life Orb
Calm / Somewhat Vain
Traunt
EVs: 252 Sp. Def, 129 Def, 129 Sp. Atk
Giga Impact
Hammer Arm
Shadow Claw
Water Pulse
This gal has a lot of HP and Atk, so giving up a little per move with the power of the Life Orb shouldn't hurt too much, but rather hurt the opponent even more. Giga Impact makes it so you rest every other turn, but since Traunt makes you useless every other turn anyway, then it doesn't matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now for team 2:

Team 2, Pokemon 1
Bronzong w/Toxic Orb
Careful / Capable of Taking HIts
Levitate
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 6 Spd
Reflect
Light Screen
Safeguard
Sunny Day
Bred for protecting everyone, this guy is only meant to be a wall. A very strong wall. Toxic Orb is meant for those jerks who like to use Trick at the beginning of a fight. Sunny Day is mainly meant to help Infernape.

Team 2, Pokemon 2
Infernape w/Shell Bell
Sassy / Good Perseverance
Blaze
EVs: 170 HP, 170 Def, 170 Sp. Def
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Solar Beam
ThunderPunch
A fire move that takes one's own health, an item that brings back some of that health. It seems okay to me. Bred to withstand as many attacks as possible. Its Solar Beam is for Water-type opponents, and Bronzong may be able to help with that.

Team 2, Pokemon 3
Lapras w/Wise Glasses
Bold / Alert to Sounds
Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Sp. Def, 252 Spd, 6 Sp. Atk
Rain Dance
Hail
Thunder
Blizzard
Creator of storms, this guy is also included with attacks that never miss as long as the weather holds up. The rain and ice that it makes even helps out Cloyster.

Team 2, Pokemon 4
Cloyster w/Soft Sand
Gentle / Hates to Lose
Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Sp. Def, 252 HP, 6 Def
Surf
Ice Beam
Poison Jab
Mud Shot
Her greatest flaw was Sp. Def so I increased that stat as much as possible. With Mud Shot equipped, she can even have an offense against Electric-type Pokemon.

Team 2, Pokemon 5
Torterra w/Leftovers
Calm / Likes to Run
Overgrow
EVs: 252 Sp. Def, 252 Spd, 6 Sp. Atk
Wood Hammer
Earth Power
Super Power
Rock Slide
A fast turtle? Along with some very powerful attacks that come with 100 Accuracy (except Rock Slide) this guy is a force to be reckoned with!

Team 2, Pokemon 6
Togekiss w/Metronome
Docile / Quick Tempered
Hustle
EVs: 85 HP, 85 Atk, 85 Def, 85 Sp. Atk, 85 Sp. Def, 85 Spd
Aerial Ace
Magical Leaf
Shock Wave
Aura Sphere
All stats are brought up equally. Hustle increases Atk but lowers accuracy. But since all moves never miss, it doesn't matter. Including the equipped Metronome, as long as he keep using the same attack over and over his strength will keep increasing.

So there you have it. If you are wondering about the EVs, I tried to raise most of them so that whtever starts are lacking will be increased. I mean, if a castle has a strong wall and a weak wall, it would be ridiculous to keep strengthening the strong wall and not put any effort to increase the strength of the weak wall.

Please rate!

-Ryan

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I understand the concept of strenghting the weakest wall, however not all pokemon are meant to be a castle.

Quote:
Tyranitar with max evs in SA assumming neutral IVs, and a timid nature only has a max of 258 SA, at the same time it has a 245 AT,
switch to Jolly nature and Max AT EVs you'd get an 338 AT, which is much more potent, but I'd go with Brave to ensure that you get you sand storm
but since you seem to be focusing on tanking
I'd go with
{tyranitar}
128 HP, 252 DF, 128 AT remember without HP you won't last, SD needs no EVs because sand storm boosts SD by 1.5
Earthquake/Protect
Ice Punch/Aerial Ace
Crunch
Stone edge/Rock slide
Holding Expert belt
Earthquake if its for singles, protect when its paired with garchomp

Garchomp isn't mean't to survive hits its meant to KO before it gets hurt,
{garchomp}
Jolly or Adamant with 252 AT, 252 SP, 4 HP
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Iron Head
Dragon Claw(High Acc, Low Damage)/Dragon Rush(Low Acc, High Damage)/Outrage(High Damage, High Acc, But locked in for 2-3 turns then Confused)

Instead of Dragonite use Latias as its typing protectes it more and has better defensive stats, without loseing much offence
{latias}
Bold w/wise glasses
Dragon Pulse
Energy Ball
Water pulse/Surf
Recover

Since your in the uber tier with Garchomp already use Dialga instead of
Salamence as it won't be hurt by the sand and it has better typeing and stats
{dialga}
Adamant orb
Modest
EVs 80 SD, 252 HP, 176 SA
Aura sphere -never misses, 90 damage, 20 pp, fighting type,What more could you want?
Dragon Pulse/Roar of Time
Flash Cannon
Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Earthpower (what ever you want)

{metagross} This guy can be defensive
Careful w/ Leftovers/Wide lens
EVs 252 SD, 252 HP, 4 AT
Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Brick break/Hammer Arm
Thunder Punch (Just as surprising, 2x as painful)
leftovers heal which is good when your so defensive, wide lens let its high power attacks hit home

The Fact that Its helpless 50% of the time means it won't last long not includeing life orb damage
without a recovery move Slaking will last a maximum of 16 turns, It only gets to attack 8 turns, factor in the sandstorm and you'll only last 8 turns attacking only 4 times so your looking at a short life time.
Slaking Has to Hint as hard as it can when it can
{slaking}
Adamant
252 AT, 252 HP this ensures it gets all its turns
Earthquake
Giga impact
Shadow Claw/Night Slash
Fire/Thunder Punch if your worryed about skarmory / Slack-off if you want to attack 1 more turn(technichally it buys you two more offencive turns but factor in the turn lost to us it and you get 1 offensive turn)

Last edited by /vXv\ on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So this is a NU team that is more fun for me, rather than to actually battle competitively with. I am not going to EV train these, but I will want the desired nature and ability.

{Dewgong}
Hydration
Modest

Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest

{Parasect}
Dry Skin
Adamant

Spore
Seed Bomb
X Scissor
Aerial Ace

{Ampharos}
Static
Modest

Thunder
Focus Blast
Signal Beam
Rain Dance

{Huntail}
Adamant

Crunch
Rain Dance
Ice Fang
Waterfall

{Magmortar}
Jolly

Flamethrower
Psychic
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt

{Jumpluff}
Jolly

Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Substitute
Encore

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

#1 Items?
#2 Description
#3 Magmortar on a raindance team?
#4 Jumpluff has no offensive moves, leech seed fails verse grass types and can be switched out, and jumpluff is better suited to a sunny day team

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I made this team, for general battling, on platinum and wanted to get someones opinion on it. I have acess to all move tutors on Platinum and all Platinum tms

Tyranitar=rock slide, crunch, thunderbolt, and aerial ace (hard stone)
Sand stream, Bashful, Likes to fight, male
HP=339, Atk.=326, Def.=252, Sp. Atk.=244, Sp. Def.=210, Seed=167
Attachment:
248.png

Dragonite=dragon claw, fly, waterfall, and flamethrower (dragon claw)
inner focous, Bold, Capable of taking hits, female
HP=330, Atk.=255, Def.=255, Sp. Atk.=249, Sp. Def.=239, Speed=221

Wailord=surf, ice beam, earthquake, and giga impact (mystic water)
oblivious, Quiet, proud of its power, male
HP=475, Atk.=240, Def.=139, Sp. Atk.=232, Sp. Def.=101, Speed=153

Snorlax=body slam, psychic, shadow ball, and yawn (mind plate)
Immunity, Hasty, Good endurance, male
HP=462, Atk.=254, Def.=164, Sp. Atk=162, Sp. Def.=229, Speed=119

Haryama=brick break, rock slide, poison jab, and payback ( fist plate)
Thick Fat, Impish, Highly persistent, male
HP=433, Atk.=282, Def.=194, Sp. Atk.=111, Sp.Def.=144, Speed=136

Torterra=earthquake, rock slide, energy ball, and frenzy plant (meadow plate)
Overgrow, Relaxed, Quick to flee, male
HP=310, Atk.=277, Def.=250, Sp. Atk.=204, Sp. Def.=199, Speed=174

All of these pokemon are level 100 and maxed out stats
These pokemon are spread out over all tears except BL and uber

Last edited by rshadow123 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

>.>

This is getting silly.

1. You may only post a team here if:
:arrow: You have been registered at these forums for at least two (2) weeks
:arrow: You have a post count that exceeds twenty-five (25)
:arrow: You do not have any of the Shame Ranks (Probation, Illiterate, Fails at life, etc)

Your team should look like this wrote:
A short introduction of the team. This includes mentioning:
:arrow: what kind of battling environment the team will be used in (WiFi, Shoddy Battle, PBR, Battle Tower, etc) so that the raters know what limits you have, like accessibility to FRLG/Emerald/Platinum move tutors, Hidden Power types, and the works. If the team is for Shoddy or some other pokemon simulator, you do not have to mention these things; otherwise tell what other games you have access to and how willing you are to breed for Hidden Power, etc. Only post teams that are meant to be competitive - if you cant defeat Cynthia for whatever reason, train your in-game team more.
:arrow: What tier you wish to use this team in - Overused, Underused, Ubers, or no tier at all. Tiers are according to the Psypoke Tier List found here
:arrow: How well this team has performed for you in the past - we don't want to rate a team that hasn't been used before - try it out and see what problems you run into, if any. Heck, if the team does well enough for you that it doesn't need to be rated, that's fine by us. Be sure to mention any specific pokemon you have problems with, the more detail the better.

Pokemon {pokemon} (please do not mention nicknames, its really kinda annoying) @ Item
Nature - EV Spread
Ability
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

A short description of the pokemon - I would suggest aiming for about 5 sentences, but anything from about 3-10 is fine (1-2 sentence descriptions are unacceptable). Here, describe the purpose of the pokemon - why did you choose this specific pokemon, with this specific moveset, over the other 492 pokemon there are? Mention what the Pokemon's role in your team is - for instance, is your pokemon a Lead, designed to set up entry hazards like Stealth Rock or Spikes? Is it an Attacker, intended to hit the opponent hard with attacks to weaken them? Is it a Baton Passer, giving the key stat boosts to another pokemon on your team that it needs in order to sweep the foe? Is it a Tank, or a Supporter, or a Spinner, or any of the other various roles a pokemon can have? Mention if your pokemon is intended to counter any specific pokemon (for instance, say how Magnezone is your number one Skarmory counter), or if there are any specific pokemon that counter yours (like how your Skarmory's number one fear is Magnezone).

<Repeat for each pokemon in the team.>

7. Do not post more than one team per month. I don't care if they're different. Posting multiple teams just causes more backlog, which is exactly what we want to avoid with making a new center.

From now on I'm gonna require a {alakazam} smilie on the top of every post to show that you have read the requirements. (hopefully with a Mod adding it to the first page)

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I made a rather large amount of teams over the years and they all end up as epic fails. Now I think that this team that I am creating will be a success. A basic sweeper team. Here they are:

Pokemon 1
Aerodactyl w/Leftovers
Lonely
Pressure
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Rock Slide
Fly
Dragon Claw
Giga Impact

Pokemon 2
Slaking w/Focus Sash
Jolly
Truant
Giga Impact
Hammer Arm
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Pokemon 3
Gengar w/Black Sludge
Timid
Levitate
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse
Psychic
Energy Ball

Pokemon 4
Jolteon w/Wise Glasses
Modest
Volt Absorb
Thunderbolt
Hyper Beam
Signal Beam
Shadow Ball

Pokemon 5
Starmie w/ Wide Lens
Timid
Natural Cure
Hydro Pump
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Pokemon 6
Weavile w/Muscle Band
Hasty
Pressure
Ice Punch
Night Slash
X-Scissor
Brick Break

Please rate!

-Ryan

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Read the post above yours.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{alakazam} As far as descriptions go, I just want to be ready for any thing, as I experienced last year at the VGWC just about anything can happen.
remeber VGWC is 4 on 4 Double battles But you can choose from 6 pokemon.
And I have every game that could possible send pokemon to Platinum, Collosum and XD, RSE, LGFR, DPPL, HGSS(When they come out) And Ill take as much time as it takes to get good IVs

So This is basiclly an Anti-Weather, DOUBLE team VGWC Focused on Rayquaza

Rayquaza {rayquaza} w/Wise Glasses(Wide Lens?)
Timid w/ Air Lock
EVs: 128 HP, 128 DF, 128 SD, 124 SP
Protect
Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
Energy Ball
Flamethrower/Fire Blast

This is a defensive Rayquaza, It will protect on the first turn, so that it will expose the foes anti-Dragon/Flying Move, (Rock, Ice, Dragon), As well as shuting down All wheather, If it could KO Rayquaza before It could Hit back, it would switch out to ethier Walrein/Arcanine (Ice, Dragon) or Cresselia/Kangaskhan(Rock), If Not Rayquaza and Mamoswine would take them out, Energy Ball Majorly hurts most weather creators, and then Mamoswine would finish them off, Would Wide lens boost the chances of Protecting twice?

Mamoswine {mamoswine} w/Expert belt
Adamant w/Oblivious
EVs: 252 SP, 252 AT, 4 HP
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Bite
Protect

Sweeper, Earthquake and Ice Shard Takes down every thing but Levitate Bronzong, which Bite does, Protect if it is threated by anything, expert belt protects the identity of my Item. Expert belt also is good because almost 60% of are weak to Ice, Ground or dark. Ice Shard and Protect should allow it to take most Salamence, Garchomp etc.

Walrein {walrein} w/Leftovers
Modest w/ Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SA, 4 DF
Super Fang
Surf
Ice Beam
HP Grass

This would be a tank, Able to with stand any Ice Attack meant for Rayquaza, Surf is fine cause Mamoswine knows Protect, Ice Beam and HP Grass for coverage. Super Fang Takes out 50% of health automatically devastating Walls. also thinking {suicune} Suicune but It doesn't get super fang, Its also fast and has higher defences but lower HP and SA, and it doesn't resist Ice as much. The problem is that both of them limit mamoswines earthquake.

Kangaskhan {kangaskhan} w/Life Orb
Adamant w/ Scrappy
EVs 252 AT, 252 HP, 4 SP
Hammer Arm/Drain Punch/Brick break
Return/Crush Claw
Avalanche/Helping Hand
Protect

This would also be a tank, Hammer Arm gives power/Drain punch some healing, Return give power/Crush Claw offers 50% chance of lowering Defence, Avalanche for extra anti-dragon power/Helping Hand Gives it to the Partner, Protect for Surf and Earthquake, The second choice is {regirock} Regirock who only has lower speed and HP, I would run Drain punch/Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Rock Slide and protect.

Cresselia {cresselia} w/Bright Powder
Bold w/Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 128 DF, 128 SD
Moonlight
Psychic
Signal Beam/Shadow ball
HP Fighting

Wall, Safe from Mamoswines earthquake, Moonlight is fine while Rayquazas in play, Moveset covers everything unless I go with signal beam(then I can't hit shedinja). Also although no item may be used twice, Items that your team is holding may be swapped to other team members, so I could have it hold leftovers.

Arcanine {arcanine} w/ Muscle band
Jolly w/Intimidate
EVs: 252 AT, 252 SP, 4 HP
Extreme Speed
Thunder Fang
Crunch/Iron Head
Flare Blitz/Flame wheel

Physical Sweeper, Flare Blitz has recoil/Flame wheel has low power, Crunch for extra damage on Psychics and Ghosts, Iron head for Rocks.
{entei} Entei Is also an option but it lacks a good move pool, however all of its stats are higher, It would be stuck with Fire fang, Stone edge, Iron Head, Headbutt/Body Slam. My worry is Accuracy because thats what hurt me last time.

Remember Rayquaza will most likely be alive after every thing else If it switches, but when it switchs weather returns, hopefully mamoswine will have taken the weather reciever out. (sounds like football)

{rayquaza} + {mamoswine}
And
{walrein} + {kangaskhan}
Or
{cresselia} + {arcanine}

This would be for the world championships where some legendary ubers would still be banned, like deoxys, jirachi, mew etc.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

/vXv\ wrote:
{alakazam} As far as descriptions go, I just want to be ready for any thing, as I experienced last year at the VGWC just about anything can happen.
remeber VGWC is 4 on 4 Double battles But you can choose from 6 pokemon.
And I have every game that could possible send pokemon to Platinum, Collosum and XD, RSE, LGFR, DPPL, HGSS(When they come out) And Ill take as much time as it takes to get good IVs

(jeebuz it took me a while to find the rules for this tourney.)

So This is basiclly an Anti-Weather, DOUBLE team VGWC Focused on Rayquaza

/vXv\ wrote:
Rayquaza {rayquaza} w/Wise Glasses(Wide Lens?)
Timid w/ Air Lock
EVs: 128 HP, 128 DF, 128 SD, 124 SP
Protect
Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
Energy Ball
Flamethrower/Fire Blast

This is a defensive Rayquaza, It will protect on the first turn, so that it will expose the foes anti-Dragon/Flying Move, (Rock, Ice, Dragon), As well as shuting down All wheather, If it could KO Rayquaza before It could Hit back, it would switch out to ethier Walrein/Arcanine (Ice, Dragon) or Cresselia/Kangaskhan(Rock), If Not Rayquaza and Mamoswine would take them out, Energy Ball Majorly hurts most weather creators, and then Mamoswine would finish them off, Would Wide lens boost the chances of Protecting twice?

Wide lens does not increase protect. I like the concept of countering weather leads as I see many people using them as their leads here, and removing a kyorge/groudon removes one of the two ubers allowed. Draco meteor is best since you seem to be switching him in alot. Energy ball is odd, but I do see it's use in kyo/gro. Flamethrower is alright, but even with a -atk nature you may want a move like Exspd or Brick break for utility and punching Blissey as well as not being bait after draco meteor. Your IVS are way to diverse go with 252HP 216Spd 40S.atk. Leftovers or Yache(surprise ice moves or shard) would be best for the item.

/vXv\ wrote:
Mamoswine {mamoswine} w/Expert belt
Adamant w/Oblivious
EVs: 252 SP, 252 AT, 4 HP
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Bite
Protect

Sweeper, Earthquake and Ice Shard Takes down every thing but Levitate Bronzong, which Bite does, Protect if it is threated by anything, expert belt protects the identity of my Item. Expert belt also is good because almost 60% of are weak to Ice, Ground or dark. Ice Shard and Protect should allow it to take most Salamence, Garchomp etc.

Looks fine. Icy wind, though crap for damage is worth a look over protect due to dropping both opponents speed, which is very nice in doubles and punishes switch ins that lack gyro ball.

/vXv\ wrote:
Walrein {walrein} w/Leftovers
Modest w/ Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SA, 4 DF
Super Fang
Surf
Ice Beam
HP Grass

This would be a tank, Able to with stand any Ice Attack meant for Rayquaza, Surf is fine cause Mamoswine knows Protect, Ice Beam and HP Grass for coverage. Super Fang Takes out 50% of health automatically devastating Walls. also thinking {suicune} Suicune but It doesn't get super fang, Its also fast and has higher defences but lower HP and SA, and it doesn't resist Ice as much. The problem is that both of them limit mamoswines earthquake.

Super fang is nice but really lacks on any non-defensive set. If you wish to abuse it go with Rest/sleep talk/superfang/toxic or surf and 220HP 240Def 48spd and a bold nature. If you want to go offensive then use a choice spec, as it is rarely straight offensive it may surprise the opponent. Super fang may work there but Icy wind or sleep talk would do well.

/vXv\ wrote:
Kangaskhan {kangaskhan} w/Life Orb
Adamant w/ Scrappy
EVs 252 AT, 252 HP, 4 SP
Hammer Arm/Drain Punch/Brick break
Return/Crush Claw
Avalanche/Helping Hand
Protect

This would also be a tank, Hammer Arm gives power/Drain punch some healing, Return give power/Crush Claw offers 50% chance of lowering Defence, Avalanche for extra anti-dragon power/Helping Hand Gives it to the Partner, Protect for Surf and Earthquake, The second choice is {regirock} Regirock who only has lower speed and HP, I would run Drain punch/Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Rock Slide and protect.

I would not recommend Kangaskhan in this Uber-ese tourney, Use Regirock or even better, Registeel for tanking.

Registeel
Impish
Clear body@ Iron plate/Lum/Leftovers/Custap
252HP 176Atk 80def
-T-wave
-Iron head
-Explosion
-Rest(lum)Hammer arm/EQ

/vXv\ wrote:
Cresselia {cresselia} w/Bright Powder
Bold w/Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 128 DF, 128 SD
Moonlight
Psychic
Signal Beam/Shadow ball
HP Fighting

Wall, Safe from Mamoswines earthquake, Moonlight is fine while Rayquazas in play, Moveset covers everything unless I go with signal beam(then I can't hit shedinja). Also although no item may be used twice, Items that your team is holding may be swapped to other team members, so I could have it hold leftovers.

A team cannot contain more than two of Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, and Rayquaza during a battle

So since this rule allows another Uber, go with Lugia for your wall. or w/ registeel and defensive Walrien you could use Giratina-O to get some offense in your team (it's also safe from regi's explosion and your opponent's)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/giratina-o

some good offensive options here, as it could easily work multiple ways here.

/vXv\ wrote:
Arcanine {arcanine} w/ Muscle band
Jolly w/Intimidate
EVs: 252 AT, 252 SP, 4 HP
Extreme Speed
Thunder Fang
Crunch/Iron Head
Flare Blitz/Flame wheel

Physical Sweeper, Flare Blitz has recoil/Flame wheel has low power, Crunch for extra damage on Psychics and Ghosts, Iron head for Rocks.
{entei} Entei Is also an option but it lacks a good move pool, however all of its stats are higher, It would be stuck with Fire fang, Stone edge, Iron Head, Headbutt/Body Slam. My worry is Accuracy because thats what hurt me last time.

I'd stick with arcanine. Intimidate is very useful in doubles. Crunch and Flare blitz are your best options, Choice band may be good here so you can deal good damage some of the Ubers you will encounter here.

In all the team is quite decent, status moves seem to pose a big problem with no absorbers, even with the above sugesstions you may want to work in a extra sleep talk/chesto and/or something to remove DTers as I see no clause against them.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NU Trick Room Team
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

TR Lead: Banette

252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Brave
Insomnia
Focus Sash

-Trick Room
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Claw
-Taunt

I really like the idea of using Banette on a team because I always thought it was useless as like every other ghost pokemon out classes it. This one pretty much is the Banette on the PotW, but it just makes since to use what is up there. The fact that it is frail is okay since with Focus Sash Trick Room is almost guaranteed to work and Destiny Bond can take someone out on her way out while putting a sweeper in fast. Taunt sets up whoever Destiny bond for whoever kills me kills them.

TR Special Sweeper: Slowking

212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Sp Atk
Quiet
Own Tempo
Leftovers

-Trick Room
-Nasty Plot
-Surf
-Psychic

Also heavily influenced by the PotW. I think the first one I wanted on the team. Nasty Plot boosts that Sp Atk awesomely and capable of taking out much. I was originally thinking of taking it out, but it saved me in a situation after I wasn't using it all that much.

TR Special Wall: Grumpig

6 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp Def
Sassy
Thick Fat
Light Clay

-Trick Room
-Light Screen
-Power Gem
-Psychic

This one I am most proud of, mainly because I came up with the moveset mostly myself. Trick Room for obvious reasons. Light Screen and Reflect are useful and if I have both I can determine which is more necessary depending on the battle. I do see Light Screen being more useful than Reflect if I had to choose between the two. Psychic just a good STAB. Power Gem I like because it isn't expected. And also Special Rock attacks are unexpected also.

Special Sweeper: Octillery

252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Sp Atk
Brave
Sniper
Mystic Water

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Energy Ball
-Water Spout

I got the moveset from a Youtube video. Mystic Water to boost Both STABs Water Spout and Surf. Ice Beam is a useful Special attack against the obvious. Energy Ball is useful against bulky waters and waters alike. Grass is a type that I have a weakness towards. Electric may give some problems for this team.

Physical Sweeper: Ursaring

252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 Def
Brave
Guts
Toxic Orb

-Earthquake
-Facade
-Crunch
-Swords Dance

Excited to use this because I always liked it but never used it when I played. I like the Guts/Toxic Orb Combo to boost Atk along with Brave. As well as Swords Dance. A bit Worried about Toxic Orb and Swords Dance since it takes a turn + damage from Toxic Orb to boost Atk and leaves him a bit vulnerable. I think it would be down to cross chop and fire punch if I were not to use SD. Fire punch against Steel obviously, cross chop is a good fighting also that can do a lot. Return is amazing. Going with better accuracy and Rock Slide since he could go down quick.

Revenge Killer: Tauros

6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly
Intimidate
Life Orb

-Return
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit

Discovered Revenge Killers are necessary in successful Trick Room teams, so I am choosing Tauros. Return is quite powerful. Earthquake towards its obvious enemies. Stone Edge useful against Flying. Pursuit helpful against fleeing psychic and ghost types. Intimidate will cut their attack, life orb and jolly boost it. Standard revenge killer.

Last edited by Jebediah719 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jebediah719 wrote:
I am going to do better this time with this team. Actual thought was put into it I think. I was always intrigued by theme teams (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, etc.) But the Trick Room group of pokemon I liked the best, so I here is my Trick Room team. I didn't want to go with a typical Trick Room Team, even though half the team is typical Trick Roomers. I used Smogon a lot with the movesets.

Exeggutor @Leftovers
Brave
Life Orb
-Trick Room
-Sleep Powder
-Explosion
-Grass Knot

Sleep Powder can assist in setting up Trick Room more safely. Then explode their kiesters and get a sweeper out for free. Grass Knot is a good STAB.

Seeing how yours is brave (and I assume good attack EVs for explosion) you can use wood hammer for a good alternative, leech seed is also an odd but notable option to give one of your sweepers healing while saving explosion for later. Focus sash may be better than leftovers to prevent a fatal U-turn or Shadow ball.

Jebediah719 wrote:

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Relaxed
Pressure
-Trick Room
-Will o' Wisp
-Pain Splint
-Shadow Punch

A popular Trick Roomer. But he is just too cool for me not to use. Will o' Wisp works well on taking care of attackers and defensive pokemon. Pain splint can also cripple some while healing dusknoir in the process. I went with Shadow Punch over EQ because, one, I have two with EQ in the team already, and I always like using a good STAB.

Looks fine as far as I can tell, Focus punch is an option over shadow, but rather risky.

Jebediah719 wrote:

Steelix@Leftovers
Sassy
Sturdy
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball

This may not be the first choice to put in the team, but I just want him in. I like the Stealth Rock/Roar combo. EQ is a given. I choose Gyro Ball because it seems it could have the potential to do some major damage in this team.

EVs would be helpful here, as this set can still go both offensive and defensive.

Jebediah719 wrote:

Slowking @Leftovers
Quiet
Own Tempo
-Trick Room
-Surf
-Nasty Plot
-Psychic

Slowking's Sp Def is partnered well with Steelix, and has some useful STAB's with Nasty Plot to be potentially threatening.

Although not STAB, Ice beam offers better coverage than psychic. otherwise fine.

Jebediah719 wrote:

Snorlax @Leftovers
Sassy
Thick Fat
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Body Slam
-Crunch

First Perfect Trick Room Sweeper. I like the Rest/Sleep Talk combo, can see it being annoying for opponent. Body Slam with it s 30% to paralyze makes it a good STAB. Crunch for those psychic/ghosts out there.

Use Return, body slam's paralysis reduces speed by 75%, making the opponent usually faster in trick room, which will be bad for your sweepers in the long run. Double edge is also a option for an early and powerful sweep, but is destructive to snorlax when trick room is gone.

Jebediah719 wrote:

Rhyperior @Life Orb
Brave
Solid Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
-Swords Dance

A monster to face in the Trick Room. Just a beast of power. I don't think I really need to explain why I picked the moves I did, its pretty self explanitory.

May want to go with Thunderpunch over SD, since Rhy can't set up trick room by itself it has only 3 turns to abuse it at best, better to go with LO and coverage then gamble the SD boost for a 2 turn clean.

Jebediah719 wrote:

Well there is my Trick Room team. I am open to switching Pokemon, but only if there is a good reason that makes your suggestion ultimately better than mine. Thanks.

The pokes are fine, coverage is ok and type resists are good, EVs would be greatly helpful!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{yanmega} @ Wise Glasses
Adamant / Speed Boost
~Shadow Ball
~Bug Buzz
~Psychic
~Air Slash

{charizard} @ Charti Berry
Jolly / Blaze
~Flamethrower
~Flare Blitz
~Fly
~Brick Break

{electivire} @ Shuca Berry
Adamant / Motor Drive
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Punch
~Cross Chop
~Earthquake

{torterra} @ Yache Berry
Hasty / Overgrow
~Wood Hammer
~Earthquake
~Crunch
~Energy Ball

{garchomp} @ Yache Berry
Hasty / Sand Veil
~Dragon Pulse
~Stone Edge
~Crunch
~Surf

{dragonite} @ Yache Berry
Jolly / Inner Focus
~Aqua Tail
~Thunderbolt
~Outrage
~Iron Tail

{glaceon} @ Toxic Orb
Calm / Snow Cloak
~Hail
~Ice Beam
~Water Pulse
~Facade

Get poisoned from Toxic orb to Double power of facade. Also, Hail, to raise my Evasiveness with Snow Cloak. And Ice Beam and Water Pulse for normal attacks.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Last edited by Ryanh181 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ryanh181 please add the following:

Environment (if your using Garchonp you ain't in standard OU and the rest of the team doesnt look Uber class.)
Define your lead.
2-4 sentence summary for each poke's strategy/goal
EVs (optional but very helpful)
Items (even if you haven't decided a sure item, just put something)
Keep it to 6 pokes, maybe 1-2 alternatives but explain why they are being used in place of another team poke.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Define your lead

Lead, as in what?
Quote:

2-4 sentence summary for each poke's strategy/goal

I don't really have a strategy for most of them, I just plan to go into battle, and tank through. Glaceon is the only one with a though out plan. I just gave pokemon with good Sp. Attack Special moves and so on.
Quote:

EVs (optional but very helpful)

I have no Idea what their EVs are.
Quote:
Items (even if you haven't decided a sure item, just put something)

Done
Quote:

Keep it to 6 pokes, maybe 1-2 alternatives but explain why they are being used in place of another team poke.

Done

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I did a major overall and prettied up my post. If it doesn't count right now because it hasnt been a month, thats fine if there is no rating, I just wanted to update it.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First off I'd go with flame orb, because guts prevents you at from going down from the burn ( it still doubles too), and the damage won't steady rise like the toxic orb (which Badly poisons your pokemon)

> instead of return which hits for a max power of 102, go with Facade which goes for 140 once burned

>Earthquake covers steels just fine leaving only levitate bronzong and skarmory uncovered, both I believe are above NU tier

>Shadow claw covers everything else for a more realiable critical hit than cross chop which only has 5 pp and 80% acc(shadow claw has 15 pp and 100% acc) Night slash would also work the exact same way

Last but not least thunder punch(which covers skarmoy and bulky waters) or you could have Fling to burn your foe after you've already been burned (remember its still a dark type attack NOT FIRE)

And since torkoal, slowking and Grumpig have leftovers (only one can have it) you should give the dual screener grumpig light clay, Give torkoal life orb as its days are all ready numbered, throw in fissure instead of flamethrower as flamethrower won't hurt anything too much, and fissure means you can get some thing else with explosion, slowking keeps the leftovers

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey guys, I just came back to Poke'mon after about a year not playing my Diamond games. I want to make a competitive team for Diamond Wi-Fi/Battle Tower and I want to get together a nice emerald team to take on the Battle Frontier. I'm pretty experienced with gaining EVs but I'm not as keen on weaknesses and such anymore. I want to cover as many types as I can. Please tell me if this is alright as a team, I need move suggestions because I don't know what's good anymore. I just spent 3 days reading various guides on this stuff, so I may still be rusty.

Diamond Wifi:

Blissey @ Leftovers/Shell Bell
Calm/Bold|Natural Cure
252HP, 252 Spd, 6 HP -or- 252 Spd, 252 Def, 6 Hp
-?
-?
-Aromatheropy/Heal Bell
-Seismic Toss

I'm not too sure on Blissey's move pool atm. I should probably look her up. I think I've got the Evs though.

Salamence @ ????
Adamant/Jolly|Intimidate
252 Atk 252 Spd 6 HP-or-Split one of them and put 129 in Defence
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace

Alakazam @Lum
Hasty|Inner Focus
252 SpAtk 252 Spd 6Hp
-Psychic
-?
-?
-?

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Calm / Immunity
252 Atk 129 Spd 129 HP
-Protect
-Belly Drum
-Defense Curl
-Rollout

The reason I only put four is that I've read about some teams have "leeches" and stuff were one pokemon does sunny day and the next does solar beam, b-passers, etc. Could somone explain/direct me to a guide about this? Also, I would like two poke'mon suggestions for this team. I didn't get this team yet but I thought it up and wanted to get comments first. Had to post this quickly, so I couldn't put much detail in here. Thanks in advance,
`Kody

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
I know I haven't been here for at least two weeks yet >.< but I hope that really shouldn't matter.

I've been trying to build a team today. I do have the necessary knowledge in IVs, and EVs, and all that other good stuff, but my movesets need a lot of work, I think. This team is for Shoddy, and all IVs are at 31 (Dark 70 power Hidden Power) for my pokemon.

I want a team that hits fast and hard, that's my style. I also wanted to cover a lot of types with the moveset. I based my stuff off Smogon, but made some changes.

I have:
Gengar (Levitate) @ Petaya Berry, Modest Nature
4HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Hypnosis
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Protect

My basic strategy for Gengar is to use Protect, Hypnosis, and then either Psychic or Shadow Ball. Gengar seems really fast though, so I'm not exactly sure whether Protect is needed. It seems to work. Gengar oddly enough intimidates my opponents, so a lot of them leave the battle when I take Gengar out... I'm wondering whether I should just use a team of these Gengar. Species clause. Duh.

Magnezone (Magnet Pull) @ Life Orb, Mild
252 HP/96 Def/162 Spd
Thunderbolt
Iron Head
Frustration
Explosion
I wanted a strong Electric Type, non-legendary so I thought Magnezone would do the job. Explosion is sort of like a last resort for me, it usually ends up KOing the opponent pokemon but also taking out Magnezone. I thought with a high defense that he would survive the explosion, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Magnezone is usually gone too fast for me to use any of its other moves.

Starmie (Natural Cure) @ Expert Belt, Timid
4HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Thunderbolt

Starmie is AMAZING, I'd say the best pokemon on my team? She/it has helped me out, and one battles single handed.

Metagross (Clear Body) @ Expert Belt
252 Atk/124 Sp. Atk/132 Spd , Naughty
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot

I'm not so sure as to what Metagross's strengths and weaknesses are, as he's usually the last in my team, and the last to get KO'd.

Blissey (Serene Grace) @ Leftovers
Timid 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 Sp. Atk
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Flamethrower
Toxic

Celebi (Natural Cure) @ Leftovers
Modest 76 HP/252 Sp Atk./180 Spd
Recover
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Earth Power

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:08 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

1. {ninjask} @ Focus Sash
Jolly, 252 Att/252 Speed
Swords Dance
Protect
Baton Pass
X-Scissor

Your basic Ninjask Lead. Has Focus Sash to ensure that it can get off a Swords Dance. I can usually get 2 S-Dances off by predicting the opponent using Stealth Rock. This has often run into problems with Leads like Skarmory and Aerodactyl, and could use a move to beat these and other leads.

2. {gyarados} @ Muscle Band
Adamant, 252 Attack/252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Waterfall

My Teams most effective Pokemon. This can do 2 things (1. Receive Boosts from Ninjask or 2. Use D-Dance, in case Ninjask can't BP to Gyarados for whatever reason) then gets a good-effective hit on all 492 Pokemon. Most likely on my Team to Sweep other Teams. I definately need a new Item for this thing, seeing as with its almost-good item it can be so good.

3. {metagross} @ Lum Berry
Adamant, 252 Hp/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spe
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Earthquake
Bullet Punch.

Metagross's main purpose is to set up Stealth Rock (mostly to annoy Salamence). Lum Berry makes sure that it can get off it's S-Rock. After using Stealth Rock, Bullet Punch is my Main choice because of its STAB and priority, although it can usually get off a few EQ's before Exploding. This was originally my Lead, but it has recently been replaced by Ninjask. If the opponent's Lead is something like Aerodactyl or Swampert, this can receive Stat boosts from Ninjask and take out a good 2 or 3 pokemon (and then use Explosion)

4. {jolteon} @ *Ground-Resistant* Berry
Timid, 252 Sp.Att/252 Speed
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Wish

Jolteon uses its rediculously high speed and high Sp.Attsck stat to tale out a few Pokemon and help my next pokemon recover from a Possible Stealth Rock or Spikes. Signal Beam's purpose is to take down Tyranitar and Grass-type pokes. shadow Ball takes care of most Psychic Pokemon, and Thunderbolt gives Jolteon a powerful STAB attack. It's held item (a Berry whose name I forget) allows Joltoen to survive an Earthquake attack from almost every Pokemon, which Joltoen can then either KO or use Wish to heal the next battler.

5. {latias} @ Leftovers
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Calm Mind
Recover

My Team's best Special Attacker. First uses Calm Mind, then uses Surf and Dragon Pulse to systematically destroy the opponent. Recover allows it to get back some HP after its taken a few hits. Leftovers makes this Pokemon pretty hard for people to beat.

6. {starmie} @ Life Orb
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover

Usually the last Pokemon I send into battle. althoguh its Sp.Attack is the lowest attacking stat, it's Life Orb makes up the difference. It can survive an attack from powerful Attackers like Latias after taking damage from Spikes and Stealth Rock, and can take Latias down with two Ice Beams. It has great type coverage (like all of my attackers) and has good enough defense to survive two or three non-super effective hits and Recover the lost HP.

This team has been Battle-tested, with a Record of 10-2. The two losses weren't very close though, 0-5 and 0-3, but it can beat some quality teams.

Any Help is Appreciated.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@kodyb: try looking at Smogon for moveset ideas.

Trainer_Tarika wrote:
I know I haven't been here for at least two weeks yet >.< but I hope that really shouldn't matter.

I've been trying to build a team today. I do have the necessary knowledge in IVs, and EVs, and all that other good stuff, but my movesets need a lot of work, I think. This team is for Shoddy, and all IVs are at 31 (Dark 70 power Hidden Power) for my pokemon.

I want a team that hits fast and hard, that's my style. I also wanted to cover a lot of types with the moveset. I based my stuff off Smogon, but made some changes.

I have:
Gengar (Levitate) @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
Timid 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Hypnosis
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Substitute / HP Fire / Thunderbolt

My basic strategy for Gengar is to use Protect, Hypnosis, and then either Psychic or Shadow Ball. Gengar seems really fast though, so I'm not exactly sure whether Protect is needed. It seems to work. Gengar oddly enough intimidates my opponents, so a lot of them leave the battle when I take Gengar out... I'm wondering whether I should just use a team of these Gengar. Species clause. Duh.

Protect is not very useful on Gengar; use Substitute if you really want. Otherwise, just add HP Fire or Thunderbolt for more type coverage. Focus Blast > Psychic for Blissey. If you run Substitute use Black Sludge for recovery (Gengar is half Poison).

Magnezone (Magnet Pull) @ Leftovers
Mild 252 HP/96 Def/162 Spd
Thunderbolt
Substitute
HP Fire
Explosion
I wanted a strong Electric Type, non-legendary so I thought Magnezone would do the job. Explosion is sort of like a last resort for me, it usually ends up KOing the opponent pokemon but also taking out Magnezone. I thought with a high defense that he would survive the explosion, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Magnezone is usually gone too fast for me to use any of its other moves.

You may want to rethink using Magnezone, because he has a rather specialized role and also because you were giving him physical attacking moves. Magnezone is primarily an anti-Steel trapper. Switch him in on Skarmory or Scizor and OHKO.

Also, Explosion is just stronger self-destruct.

Starmie (Natural Cure) @ Expert Belt
Timid 4HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Thunderbolt

Starmie is AMAZING, I'd say the best pokemon on my team? She/it has helped me out, and one battles single handed.
I'm not surprised, Starmie is a great sweeper. Especially after you've softened up their team with your other pokemon.

Metagross (Clear Body) @ Expert Belt
252 Atk/124 Sp. Atk/132 Spd , Naughty
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot

I'm not so sure as to what Metagross's strengths and weaknesses are, as he's usually the last in my team, and the last to get KO'd.

Try going with the more standard AgiliGross set for now. Mixed sweeper requires a lot more prediction to use, especially with Metagross's Speed.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant 252 Atk / 132 Spe / 112 HP / 12 Def
Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

Use Agility, then sweep opponent's team. It works better if you've taken out their physical wall first.

Blissey (Serene Grace) @ Leftovers
Timid 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 Sp. Atk
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Flamethrower
Toxic

Celebi (Natural Cure) @ Leftovers
Modest 76 HP/252 Sp Atk./180 Spd
Recover
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Earth Power

Magnezone is an iffy physical wall; it has too many weaknesses to common types to allow it to switch in easily. You also have 5 special attackers, and only 1 semi-physical sweeper (Metagross)...but you're using a mixed set on it for some reason.

I recommend you read some articles on competitive battling. You don't seem to understand the metagame from your explanations, and your team feels like you pulled together arbitrary movesets from Smogon for your favorite pokemon, without knowing how the movesets are used to support the team. Also, stop giving pokemon attacking moves of the wrong type (like Iron Head on Magnezone). http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megamaster37 wrote:
Jolly, 252 Att/252 Speed
Swords Dance
Protect / Substitute
Baton Pass
X-Scissor

Your basic Ninjask Lead. Has Focus Sash to ensure that it can get off a Swords Dance. I can usually get 2 S-Dances off by predicting the opponent using Stealth Rock. This has often run into problems with Leads like Skarmory and Aerodactyl, and could use a move to beat these and other leads.

I'm not sure what Ninjask can actually do against Skarmory or Aerodactyl; its pretty much just a setup lead. You can try running Substitute over Protect, which makes it easier to BP another pokemon in. Alternately, you could try running both Protect and Substitute, and leaving out X-Scissor; it depends on whether you need Ninjask to directly counter anything.

2. {gyarados} @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Waterfall

My Team's most effective Pokemon. This can do 2 things (1. Receive Boosts from Ninjask or 2. Use D-Dance, in case Ninjask can't BP to Gyarados for whatever reason) then gets a good-effective hit on all 492 Pokemon. Most likely on my Team to Sweep other Teams. I definately need a new Item for this thing, seeing as with its almost-good item it can be so good.

3. {metagross} @ Occa Berry
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Earthquake
Bullet Punch.

Metagross's main purpose is to set up Stealth Rock (mostly to annoy Salamence). Lum Berry makes sure that it can get off it's S-Rock. After using Stealth Rock, Bullet Punch is my Main choice because of its STAB and priority, although it can usually get off a few EQ's before Exploding. This was originally my Lead, but it has recently been replaced by Ninjask. If the opponent's Lead is something like Aerodactyl or Swampert, this can receive Stat boosts from Ninjask and take out a good 2 or 3 pokemon (and then use Explosion)
I'm not sure why you want a Lum Berry - Occa is better so Metagross can take a Fire attack.

4. {jolteon} @ Choice Specs
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Baton Pass

Jolteon uses its rediculously high speed and high Sp.Attsck stat to tale out a few Pokemon and help my next pokemon recover from a Possible Stealth Rock or Spikes. Signal Beam's purpose is to take down Tyranitar and Grass-type pokes. shadow Ball takes care of most Psychic Pokemon, and Thunderbolt gives Jolteon a powerful STAB attack. It's held item (a Berry whose name I forget) allows Joltoen to survive an Earthquake attack from almost every Pokemon, which Joltoen can then either KO or use Wish to heal the next battler.

If you want to use Jolteon as a sweeper, at least run Choice Specs. You can use Baton Pass to pass speed boosts from Ninjask, or simply to see what the opponent switches in to counter Jolteon and then switching pokemon appropriately. Jolteon is rather weak defensively to be providing Wish support.

5. {latias} @ Leftovers
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Calm Mind
Recover

My Team's best Special Attacker. First uses Calm Mind, then uses Surf and Dragon Pulse to systematically destroy the opponent. Recover allows it to get back some HP after its taken a few hits. Leftovers makes this Pokemon pretty hard for people to beat.

[color=yellow]Standard offensive Calm Mind.

6. {starmie} @ Life Orb
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover

Usually the last Pokemon I send into battle. althoguh its Sp.Attack is the lowest attacking stat, it's Life Orb makes up the difference. It can survive an attack from powerful Attackers like Latias after taking damage from Spikes and Stealth Rock, and can take Latias down with two Ice Beams. It has great type coverage (like all of my attackers) and has good enough defense to survive two or three non-super effective hits and Recover the lost HP.

Standard Starmie sweeper.

This team has been Battle-tested, with a Record of 10-2. The two losses weren't very close though, 0-5 and 0-3, but it can beat some quality teams.

Any Help is Appreciated.

The most obvious problem is that you really have no walls or tanks - pokemon that you can switch in to stop an enemy sweeper. You have strong sweeping pokemon, but I would recommend getting a physical tank like Dusknoir that can take and deal damage. Such a pokemon could also benefit from Ninjask. Similarly, get a special tank...Snorlax comes to mind, although it doesn't benefit as much from Speed boosts as Dusknoir. Gyarados does not seem to be the best choice to receive Ninjask boosts, and your Metagross is more focused on Stealth Rock then physical sweeping. Give it Meteor Mash over Bullet Punch at least so it can benefit from Ninjask's boosts.

You have 3 special sweepers right now; 1 is all you really need. The idea with team building is for each pokemon to contribute something different to the team - sweeping on the physical or special side, countering an opponent pokemon, etc.

Shinies

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:43 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sion9 wrote:
Megamaster37 wrote:
Jolly, 252 Att/252 Speed
Swords Dance
Protect / Substitute
Baton Pass
X-Scissor

I'm not sure what Ninjask can actually do against Skarmory or Aerodactyl; its pretty much just a setup lead. You can try running Substitute over Protect, which makes it easier to BP another pokemon in. Alternately, you could try running both Protect and Substitute, and leaving out X-Scissor; it depends on whether you need Ninjask to directly counter anything.

2. {gyarados} @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Waterfall

My Team's most effective Pokemon. This can do 2 things (1. Receive Boosts from Ninjask or 2. Use D-Dance, in case Ninjask can't BP to Gyarados for whatever reason) then gets a good-effective hit on all 492 Pokemon. Most likely on my Team to Sweep other Teams. I definately need a new Item for this thing, seeing as with its almost-good item it can be so good.

3. {metagross} @ Occa Berry
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Earthquake
Bullet Punch.

I'm not sure why you want a Lum Berry - Occa is better so Metagross can take a Fire attack.

4. {jolteon} @ Choice Specs
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Baton Pass

If you want to use Jolteon as a sweeper, at least run Choice Specs. You can use Baton Pass to pass speed boosts from Ninjask, or simply to see what the opponent switches in to counter Jolteon and then switching pokemon appropriately. Jolteon is rather weak defensively to be providing Wish support.

5. {latias} @ Leftovers
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Calm Mind
Recover

[color=yellow]Standard offensive Calm Mind.

6. {starmie} @ Life Orb
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover

Standard Starmie sweeper.

Any Help is Appreciated.

The most obvious problem is that you really have no walls or tanks - pokemon that you can switch in to stop an enemy sweeper. You have strong sweeping pokemon, but I would recommend getting a physical tank like Dusknoir that can take and deal damage. Such a pokemon could also benefit from Ninjask. Similarly, get a special tank...Snorlax comes to mind, although it doesn't benefit as much from Speed boosts as Dusknoir. Gyarados does not seem to be the best choice to receive Ninjask boosts, and your Metagross is more focused on Stealth Rock then physical sweeping. Give it Meteor Mash over Bullet Punch at least so it can benefit from Ninjask's boosts.

You have 3 special sweepers right now; 1 is all you really need. The idea with team building is for each pokemon to contribute something different to the team - sweeping on the physical or special side, countering an opponent pokemon, etc.

Hmmm... a wall you say? Funny, I was thinking the same thing and EV'd a Suicune earlier today. I also have a Regirock, would that work? (I have Snorlax too, with Curse, but it didn't work out too well)

I have another Metagross too, its slower, but is more focused on Sweeping.

Gyarados with Stone Edge? I've had that suggestion several times, but I really favor Ice Fang over Stone Edge, and for 2 reasons. 1. Gyarsdos OHKOs Salamence, and its unexpected. The switch to Life Orb is good though. I actually had it with Life Orb for a while, then it backfired on me and I switched it for Muscle Band. (I think I'll switch it back anyway)

Ninjask's problem with Aerodactyl is Taunt. Getting rid of X-Scissor for Substitute would only make the problem worse.

Lum Berry is to heal Status problems. And I've never had anything OHKO Metagross with any attack. It usually survives a Super-Effective hit with 1/2 HP.

Ummm... Jolteon would have Baton pass why? I'm not BP'ing Speed boosts to it, its already faster than almost everything in OU, other than Crobat and Aerodactyl, which it can easily defeat. (And I've never liked the Choice Items much, especially for a Sweeper. Sweepers need to be able to use all of their attacks.)

It would seem as if you know a good bit about Battling. (Yeah, I commented on your Comments. I don't usually explain my teams good at first, so I usually have to back some of it up. Feel free to comment on my Comments, especially about the possible tanks and Ninjask)

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megamaster37 wrote:

Hmmm... a wall you say? Funny, I was thinking the same thing and EV'd a Suicune earlier today. I also have a Regirock, would that work? (I have Snorlax too, with Curse, but it didn't work out too well)
Regirock is UU; you could try using it but an OU tank would be better. Note that a tank that can attack physically can also benefit from Ninjask, whereas a wall may not be able to.

I have another Metagross too, its slower, but is more focused on Sweeping.
Metagross is slow. That's why you put Agility on it, or pass it Speed boosts.

Gyarados with Stone Edge? I've had that suggestion several times, but I really favor Ice Fang over Stone Edge, and for 2 reasons. 1. Gyarsdos OHKOs Salamence, and its unexpected. The switch to Life Orb is good though. I actually had it with Life Orb for a while, then it backfired on me and I switched it for Muscle Band. (I think I'll switch it back anyway)
Ice Fang only has 55 base power for 4x damage, while Stone Edge has 100 base power for 2x damage against Salamence. If Ice Fang OHKos, Stone Edge should as well, especially with Life Orb.

Ninjask's problem with Aerodactyl is Taunt. Getting rid of X-Scissor for Substitute would only make the problem worse.
Ninjask really can't do much against Aerodactyl except Protect and then Baton Pass a Speed boost the next turn. Substitute is for when you're not facing a Taunt lead.

Lum Berry is to heal Status problems. And I've never had anything OHKO Metagross with any attack. It usually survives a Super-Effective hit with 1/2 HP.
Metagross usually survives a SE physical hit. If an opponent is using a Fire attack, it will more likely be Fire Blast. What status problems are you so worried about?

Ummm... Jolteon would have Baton pass why? I'm not BP'ing Speed boosts to it, its already faster than almost everything in OU, other than Crobat and Aerodactyl, which it can easily defeat. (And I've never liked the Choice Items much, especially for a Sweeper. Sweepers need to be able to use all of their attacks.)
You can BP boosts as a chain, not so Jolteon itself can use them. For example: Ninjask is facing a Starmie trying to Thunderbolt it. You Baton Pass Attack and Speed to Jolteon, who absorbs the Thunderbolt. Starmie will obviously switch the next turn; Jolteon uses Baton Pass and gives those Speed and Attack boosts to Gyarados. Note: if you use Baton Pass with Jolteon, who outspeeds practically everything, you can see whether your opponent switched and send in the best counter.

It would seem as if you know a good bit about Battling. (Yeah, I commented on your Comments. I don't usually explain my teams good at first, so I usually have to back some of it up. Feel free to comment on my Comments, especially about the possible tanks and Ninjask)

Shinies

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next