It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok, so heres the current team I used in the battle tower. I honestly dont care about EVs and that, cause its too much for me to keep track of, All I really care about are moves and type advantages.

This team was used in the battle tower. Thye did pretty good gettin past 7 trainers, but im thinkin they may need some tweaks.

Toxicroak Lvl 50 with anticipation

sucker punch
sludge bomb
revenge
rock climb

This guy was first due to the fact he didnt really have that good of Def. Sucker punch is there for psyhcic types, Sludge Bomb and revenge are for STAB, and rock climb... Im not really sure. Toxicroak did his job, get in there and Ko as many as he could before fainting.

Honchkrow lvl 50 with superluck

Faint attack
night slash
haze
wing attack.

Honchkrow goes in if toxicroak was ko'd by a psyhci type. Night slah is for criticals, wing attack for STAB, faint attck in case the opponet likes double team, and haze just in case.

Camerupt lvl 50 with solid rock

rock slide
lava plume
earthquake
earth power

Covers the rest of the pokemon in battle. Solid rock makes this guy stay longer against water types. Lavaplume for STAB, rockslide for Ice types, earthquake for power, and earthpower just in case.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GofD please include natures, and EVs for your Pokemon.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

wow its been a while since i've posted here. i guess THATS a result from playing so much pokemon lab. . . anyways i know i may not have enough posts, but it has been stated that that can be overlooked for a good post. hopefully this will do.

so i have used this team on the pokemonexperte server of pokemon lab. its been doing well, winning more battles than losing. the main goal is to let gengar and starmie sweep the opposing team while everyone else beats what they cannot. anyways, here is my team

{mamoswine} @ focus sash
snow cloak
jolly, 252 att, 252 speed, 6 def

Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Endeavor

here we have my lead mamoswine. its a solid lead, consistantly setting up my stealth rocks and being able to take down many common leads as well. mamoswine can also come back in later on to threaten dragon types, heatrans, or act as death fodder.

{gengar} @ life orb
levitate
timid, 252 sp. att, 252 speed, 6 def

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Fire
Thunderbolt

gengar here is one of my main sweepers. the idea is to send either him or starmie in early during the match to start a sweep. their best counter will come in and be weakened/beaten. gengar gets good coverage and functions effectively to beat almost any pokemon that goes up against him

{starmie} @ life orb
natural cure
timid, 252 sp. att, 252 speed, 6 hp

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

starmie, my other main sweeper. starmie is another fast, threatening pokemon in OU and with gengar, the two make life tough on teams without a sold check or counter. i've been considering using surf over hydro pump since starmie is aiding/aided in a sweep and because accuracy is vital. thoughts?

{infernape} @ choice scarf
blaze
naive, 252 sp. att, 192 speed, 66 att

Flamethrower
Close Combat
U-Turn
Hidden Power Ice

infernape is a solid revenge killer that works well on my team. infernape can close combat all weaviles and ttars that eliminated my starmie or gengar. close combat also demolishes blissey and snorlax with ease. flamethrower is good at beating scizor, hp ice gets dragons, and u-turn is good for scouting.

{celebi} @ choice scarf
natural cure

Leaf Storm
Earth Power
Hidden Power Ice
Trick

celebi is my second revenge killer. she is able to also hit many threats. originally a shaymin, i switched because celebi got trick and air slash on shaymin wasnt good enough to make me keep shaymin

{scizor} @ leftovers
technician
adamant, 252 att, 252 speed, 6 hp

Brick Break
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Swords Dance

scizor helps hold the team together well. beating up both weavile and ttar with ease as well as threatening the opponent's team. scizor can easily find a way to get in a swords dance and try to wreck the other team as much as possible so starmie and gengar and sweep better.

overall, i think my team is solid but could always use some improvements. i find that spikes and toxic spikes are annoying for me. dragon dance gyarados is also difficult to deal with since neither celebi nor infernape carry any moves to defeat him with. after a DD, gyarados outspeeds starmie and gengar and can hurt my team a lot. i'm considering dropping celebi (maybe) and using someone who can help out against gyara and remove spikes, but i believe the former is more dangerous to my team. thanks for taking the time to reading and improve my team!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

fire-mudkip wrote:
wow its been a while since i've posted here. i guess THATS a result from playing so much pokemon lab. . . anyways i know i may not have enough posts, but it has been stated that that can be overlooked for a good post. hopefully this will do.

so i have used this team on the pokemonexperte server of pokemon lab. its been doing well, winning more battles than losing. the main goal is to let gengar and starmie sweep the opposing team while everyone else beats what they cannot. anyways, here is my team

{mamoswine} @ focus sash
snow cloak
Adamant, 252 att, 252 speed, 6 def

Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Earthquake or Stone Edge
Endeavor

here we have my lead mamoswine. its a solid lead, consistantly setting up my stealth rocks and being able to take down many common leads as well. mamoswine can also come back in later on to threaten dragon types, heatrans, or act as death fodder.

This is a standard moveset, nothing really wrong here if you want to keep it as your lead. However I feel adamant tops jolly when it comes to the nature. Mamoswine isn't really slow, but compared to the other leads it will rarely outspeed the most common ones. Since the Endeavor/Ice Shard combo is meant to take the pokemon to 1 HP with the sash, it makes more sense to add more power to your STAB priority attack. While the ever powerful EQ gets STAB from your typing, stone edge effectively deals with Gyarados leads and will prevent them from setting up the DD on it where as EQ takes on common Heatran leads.

{gengar} @ life orb
levitate
timid, 252 sp. att, 252 speed, 6 def

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Fire Explosion
Thunderbolt

gengar here is one of my main sweepers. the idea is to send either him or starmie in early during the match to start a sweep. their best counter will come in and be weakened/beaten. gengar gets good coverage and functions effectively to beat almost any pokemon that goes up against him

Again, really standard moves. However if you plan on taking this pokemon to the DS obtaining HP Fire with a good base power is easier said than done. With Gengar's speed, it would be more efficient to add Explosion to it as a farewell gift. With such power combined with the Life Orb you stand a good chance of taking out a Blissey with it.

{starmie} @ Leftovers
natural cure

Hydro Pump Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover Rapid Spin

starmie, my other main sweeper. starmie is another fast, threatening pokemon in OU and with gengar, the two make life tough on teams without a sold check or counter. i've been considering using surf over hydro pump since starmie is aiding/aided in a sweep and because accuracy is vital. thoughts?

STAB Hydro Pump is always nice, but in my opinion the risk outweighs the reward as Starmie in reality is a very fragile pokemon. BoltBeam is a standard and a must, however I think starmie is the best OU spinner in the game. I have used starmie quite a bit over the years it has been popular, and I know first hand how frail it is. This being said, recover in my opinion is a weak move as you lose the same HP you gain every hit you take after you use it. Leftovers replaces the recover option as starmie still has impressive power with BoltBeam and STAB Surf. This set takes back its sweeping ability but gives more depth to your team being a spinner.

{infernape} @ Life Orb
blaze
Hasty, 252 Atk, 192 speed, 66 Sp. A

Flamethrower Overheat/Fire Blast
Close Combat
U-Turn Stone Edge
Hidden Power Ice Grass Knot

infernape is a solid revenge killer that works well on my team. infernape can close combat all weaviles and ttars that eliminated my starmie or gengar. close combat also demolishes blissey and snorlax with ease. flamethrower is good at beating scizor, hp ice gets dragons, and u-turn is good for scouting.

Well as you can see I did some work on your infernape. Understandable that you would want it as a CS revenge killer, but since you already have 2 pokemon that are special sweepers it makes more sense to have a mixed physical. Having 2 frail pokemon with life orbs and a lead that is designed to go to one HP it's not an extremely safe idea to have 2 pokemon in the late game that will be held back by a choice item. Grass Knot covers the oh so common swampert switch with the others cover weaknesses to pokemon you mentioned. As overheat is your only special move, it works well with its power and STAB, if you don't like that Fire Blast is a must.

{celebi} @ Leftovers
natural cure
Bold, 252 HP, 220 Def, 36 Spe

Leaf Storm Grass Knot
Earth Power Recover
Hidden Power Fire
Trick Thunderwave

celebi is my second revenge killer. she is able to also hit many threats. originally a shaymin, i switched because celebi got trick and air slash on shaymin wasnt good enough to make me keep shaymin

Anything with a CS can be a revenge killer, and there are many that are better than Celebi. This set is a standard defensive Celebi, with its typing it can safely switch in to most Physical sweepers that got setup on your team and take them down a notch. This set can even address your Gyarados problem as TW can slow it down and grass knot will deal a good chunk of damage to the heavy pokemon even if the move is of neutral typing. HP Fire deals with steel switch ins and Recover makes it last.

{scizor} @ Choice Band
technician
adamant, 252 att, 252 speed, 6 hp

Brick Break Super Power
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite U-Turn
Swords Dance Pursuit

scizor helps hold the team together well. beating up both weavile and ttar with ease as well as threatening the opponent's team. scizor can easily find a way to get in a swords dance and try to wreck the other team as much as possible so starmie and gengar and sweep better.

Scizor is arguably the best revenge killer in the OU tier. With amazing resistances and the ability to switch in on nearly anything it is a real pain. Pursuit wrecks anything trying to get away from it, U-Turn to switch into something else, Bullet Punch takes STAB + Technician priority move to the next level, and since you will be switching out after you get your revenge KO super power is literally a super power move sure to OHKO anything weak to fighting and put a dent into anything not resistant.

overall, i think my team is solid but could always use some improvements. i find that spikes and toxic spikes are annoying for me. dragon dance gyarados is also difficult to deal with since neither celebi nor infernape carry any moves to defeat him with. after a DD, gyarados outspeeds starmie and gengar and can hurt my team a lot. i'm considering dropping celebi (maybe) and using someone who can help out against gyara and remove spikes, but i believe the former is more dangerous to my team. thanks for taking the time to reading and improve my team!

Overall I would agree that your teams moves are nice, but standard. The team you have now has no real problems individually but I feel it lacks some chemistry when it comes to covering each other. I will explain.

The team lacks a real Physical sweeper which in OU is a must, and it also lacks any real walls. Having 3 really frail pokemon you can't limit yourself to having so many choice items. While they have their uses, you will be in trouble if you get down to having a poke trapped in a move against something resistant. Trick pokes that are switching in on a sweeper fail late in game and really only see proper use as a lead. Priority moves > fast pokemon. No matter how fast you are you will always lose to something with a +1 priority attack. If you want to sub your trick celebi for something, a flygon or something of that nature could always make for a solid switch offensively. But as Defensive Celebi is your only support pokemon with my moveset, a Breloom would be a good option as well.

All in all, Starmie's new set addresses your spike problem while maintaining its useful power, Infernape gives a physical depth to your team, and Celebi acts as your only support role pokemon in order to deal with a set up sweeper. Scizor makes for a great revenge killer which covers the loss of the 2 you were using before and mamoswine should be considered a suicide lead rather than switching something into an attack to save it for later.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

wow that was a very quick reply. thanks for that. i'll try all the changes u made to see how it does :)

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

also you are lacking a special wall

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

gallade
adamant nature/steadfast
252 attack/128 speed/128 defense
ice punch/close combat/thunder wave/night slash
leftovers

milotic
modest nature/marvel scale
252 sp atk/128 speed/128 defense
surf/recover/hypnosis or toxic/ice beam
leftovers

porygon-z
modest nature/levitate
180 sp atk/180 speed/194 hp
psychic/thunderbolt/recover/ice beam
berry that weakens fight type moves

dragonite
adamant nature
194 attack/180 speed/180 hp
dragon claw/thunder wave/earthquake/rock slide
sitrus berry

umbreon-
brave nature
256 attack/252 hp
dark pulse/toxic/confuse ray/rest
quick claw

leafeon-
adamant nature
256 attack/252 hp
leaf blade/aerial ace/return/swords dance
focus sash

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry Pokemon Warrior, but you do not have 25 posts. You can have your team rated when you do. Also specify what this team is for along with the specific role of each pokemon.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Jirachi @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: (104 HP / 252 Att / 152 Spd) or (164 HP / 194 Att / 152 SpD)
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch

This, obviously, is my lead. First turn is usually a T-Wave, unless the opposing lead is faster and can possibly OHKO (aka Infernape). Stealth Rock comes after the T-Wave, then use Iron Head to take advantage of Serene Grace. Magnezone is commonly used to counter T-Wave/Iron Head Jirachi, so Drain Punch is used as a second move to do damage to Zone (and also T-tar leads). Lum Berry helps against Machamp leads, as well as status leads like Roserade.

This has huge problems with Heatran and Infernape leads. Against Heatran, all I can do is set up SR and die, while against Ape it simply outspeeds and OHKO's. I've worked out a set to counter these, but gives me less of a chance to KO other leads quickly. An EV spread of 164 HP/194 Att/152 SpD would allow me to survive Ape's Fake Out (4.2% - 5%)/Overheat (80.1% - 94.8%) combo so I can T-Wave and SR, and it would also allow me to survive Heatran's Fire Blast (80.6% - 95.8%) and occasionally it's Overheat (94.2% - 111.5%).

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

Shaymin is my Team's main Special Sweeper. Seed Flare's 180 Base Power gives me a great STAb attack, and Earth Power helps against Steel and Fire types. Hidden Power Ice takes care of everything else bu Bronzong and Shedinja. The set is based off of the same idea subTran uses: which is that many pokemon will switch out when Shaymin is sent in, allowing me to set up a Substitute. Leftovers lets me regain some HP from the Subs I set up, letting me put up even more Subs.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

My Team's main attacking Pokemon. 196 speed with Jolly nature lets me outspeed most Ape variants. Life Orb gives my attacks extra Power, and Ape won't miss the HP since it's so Defensively weak. Fire Punch is used over Flare Blitz to prevent complete suicide when using my STAB attack. Close Combat is there for STAB as well, and Stone Edge helps against Gyarados, Dragonite, and the occasional Charizard. Mach Punch helps me finish off weakened faster sweepers, as well as helping to take out D-Dance T-tars and other pokemon who may have gotten Speed Boosts earlier in the battle.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Suicune is my Team's main wall. After one Calm Mind, Suicune is easily one of the best Walls in the game, especially with a Sub up to protect from Crits. Surf is for STAB, while Ice Beam beats Grass types that can sometimes give Suicune problems. Suicune can beat a large amount of pokemon, even beating Blissey 1-on-1 99% of the time, since Blissey can't break its Subs with Seismic Toss.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 Atk / 180 SAtk / 216 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Explosion

My Team's Mixed Attacker. Psychic is for STAB, and T-bolt/Fire Punch can do neutral damage to everything except the Uber Lati's. Life Orb powers up its attacks, since it too is frail and won't survive much. When its HP becomes low, Explosion is always there to take its opponent down with it.

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- ThunderPunch

The custom set of my team, gotten from someone from a different website. Bulk Up raises Gallade's high attack, while also boosting its poor defense. Thunderpunch takes care of Gyarados, and Shadow Sneak gives it Priority that beats Azelf, Starmie, and Gengar. Drain Punch is used over Close Combat or Brick Break beacuase it can restore the combined lost damage from Life Orb and opponent attacks (the damage is restored before the Life Orb damage takes place). This set, after one Bulk Up, can easily take out up to 3 pokemon.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Corrections will be done ingreen

Megamaster37 wrote:
Jirachi @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
- Fire Punch/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Trick/U-Turn

This, obviously, is my lead. First turn is usually a T-Wave, unless the opposing lead is faster and can possibly OHKO (aka Infernape). Stealth Rock comes after the T-Wave, then use Iron Head to take advantage of Serene Grace. Magnezone is commonly used to counter T-Wave/Iron Head Jirachi, so Drain Punch is used as a second move to do damage to Zone (and also T-tar leads). Lum Berry helps against Machamp leads, as well as status leads like Roserade.

This has huge problems with Heatran and Infernape leads. Against Heatran, all I can do is set up SR and die, while against Ape it simply outspeeds and OHKO's. I've worked out a set to counter these, but gives me less of a chance to KO other leads quickly. An EV spread of 164 HP/194 Att/152 SpD would allow me to survive Ape's Fake Out (4.2% - 5%)/Overheat (80.1% - 94.8%) combo so I can T-Wave and SR, and it would also allow me to survive Heatran's Fire Blast (80.6% - 95.8%) and occasionally it's Overheat (94.2% - 111.5%).

If you would want to lead with a Jirachi I would have to suggest the standard Choice Scarf lead one. That way you are guaranteed to be faster than anything that leads against you, unless they have a higher base speed and have a Scarf. I would highly suggest Trick over U-Turn, as crippling something later in the match can greatly benefit you.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest/Leech Seed

Shaymin is my Team's main Special Sweeper. Seed Flare's 180 Base Power gives me a great STAb attack, and Earth Power helps against Steel and Fire types. Hidden Power Ice takes care of everything else bu Bronzong and Shedinja. The set is based off of the same idea subTran uses: which is that many pokemon will switch out when Shaymin is sent in, allowing me to set up a Substitute. Leftovers lets me regain some HP from the Subs I set up, letting me put up even more Subs.

Almost standard. Leech Seed works great on something that would normally wall Shaymin to death, Rest to get back health. The only other attacking move I could recommend is Hidden Power [Fire] for Pokemon like Scizor and Skarmory. You could switch out the Life Orb for some Lefties

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge/Thunderpunch

My Team's main attacking Pokemon. 196 speed with Jolly nature lets me outspeed most Ape variants. Life Orb gives my attacks extra Power, and Ape won't miss the HP since it's so Defensively weak. Fire Punch is used over Flare Blitz to prevent complete suicide when using my STAB attack. Close Combat is there for STAB as well, and Stone Edge helps against Gyarados, Dragonite, and the occasional Charizard. Mach Punch helps me finish off weakened faster sweepers, as well as helping to take out D-Dance T-tars and other pokemon who may have gotten Speed Boosts earlier in the battle.

On any physical sweeper always max out attack and speed. Flare Blitz is more powerful than Fire Punch any day. More power could always make the difference between a crucial KO or a loss. You could opt out Stone Edge for Thunderpunch.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Surf
- Ice Beam/Hidden Power [Electric]

Suicune is my Team's main wall. After one Calm Mind, Suicune is easily one of the best Walls in the game, especially with a Sub up to protect from Crits. Surf is for STAB, while Ice Beam beats Grass types that can sometimes give Suicune problems. Suicune can beat a large amount of pokemon, even beating Blissey 1-on-1 99% of the time, since Blissey can't break its Subs with Seismic Toss.

Pretty much standard Calm Mind Cune.

Azelf @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 216 Speed
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psychic
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Explosion
-Hidden Power [Ground]/Grass Knot/U-Turn

My Team's Mixed Attacker. Psychic is for STAB, and T-bolt/Fire Punch can do neutral damage to everything except the Uber Lati's. Life Orb powers up its attacks, since it too is frail and won't survive much. When its HP becomes low, Explosion is always there to take its opponent down with it.

The only thing I can say is that I wouldn't run a Mix Azelf the way you are. I would rather use the standard Smogon set. Even though it would be mainly special, and the only physical attack would be Explosion.

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- ThunderPunch

The custom set of my team, gotten from someone from a different website. Bulk Up raises Gallade's high attack, while also boosting its poor defense. Thunderpunch takes care of Gyarados, and Shadow Sneak gives it Priority that beats Azelf, Starmie, and Gengar. Drain Punch is used over Close Combat or Brick Break beacuase it can restore the combined lost damage from Life Orb and opponent attacks (the damage is restored before the Life Orb damage takes place). This set, after one Bulk Up, can easily take out up to 3 pokemon.

I see no real problem with your Gallade. Really the only thing I would do is drop some HP EVs for some more Speed EVs.

Overall the team seems to be quite good. This is jut me I wouldn't want three Life Orb users, as the prevalence of Sand Storm and Stealth Rocks will seriously hurt and limit their use. You could drop one of them for the appropriate move booster. Muscle Band for physical attacks and Wise Glasses for special attacks. Or on Azelf instead of Life Orb you could use an Expert Belt.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm new to EV's, so I might not use them right.
I havn't created this team yet, thats why im posting it here for help.
This is for Double Battling (Me and my friends always double battle)

Machamp {machamp} @ Muscle Band
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 110 Def / 110 Sp.Def / 38 Spd
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Scary Face
No Guard allows these 90, 85, and 50 hit chance moves go up to 100.
DynamicPunch is main attack (i'll use some PP ups),
with Stone Edge and EQ as backup against anything Fighting is weak against.
Scary Face is just in case i want to slow pokes down.

Claydol {claydol} @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Def / 6 SpDef
Nature: Any that increase Speed
- Skill Swap
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
- Solar Beam
Skill Swap Levitate to Machamp, so that it gains No Guard.
Rapid Spin if there are spikes.
The Sash is for getting in one more skill swap
Skill Swap also works on Most other of my pokes, giving them Levitate.
Hmm... I notice a weakness to ground on my team.

Rapidash {rapidash} @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Hp / 6 SpAtk
Hasty Nature
- Horn Drill
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab
- Agility
Switch out Machamp for Rapidash.
Then Claydol uses Skill Swap again.
Rapidash uses Horn Drill till it dies.

Metagross {metagross} @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 110 HP/ 252 SpDef / 38 Def / 110 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Magnet Rise
Metagross is my favorite pokemon.
Meteor Mash and EQ for smashing.
Magnet Rise because my team is weak on ground types
Could change Hammer Arm

Arbok {arbok} @ Wide Lens
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Crunch / Aqua Tail
- Iron Tail / Aqua Tail
- Ice Fang
Sweeper
Gunk Shot STAB, the rest to tackle any other types.

Yanmega {yanmega} @ Wise Glasses
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 SpDef / 6 HP
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Psychic
- Toxic
Sweeper, Toxic is for status messing.
BugBuzz and AirSlash is STAB
Psychic for diveristy

EDIT:
One more thing, is anyone going to post new movesets in the Psydex?
They end at the third series and only include 3rd series moves.
Maybe someone can create some fifth series movesets at least for the older pokes?
Just a shout out if anyone was time and skill to do that. (I'm lacking both)

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hey guys i'd love this new team of mine rated

{gyarados}@ life orb
Adamant 252 atk 4 HP 252 spe

waterfall
ice fang
dragon dance
earthquake

Pretty much a standard gyara i lead with it because i don't want to lead with anything else. i have 4 hp because i have 30 hp ivs and need an odd number to survive five stealth rock entries.Waterfall is there for standard STAB and will usually switch out on something thats faster then me or if they have a wall i.e bronzong i'll hit it with a waterfall then switch.Ice fang because its really old school and not expected as much and a really nice way to hit lead of celebi and dragonite.Earthquake for those annoying heatran who are always killing my guys and in general earthquake is a solid move.

{suicune} @ leftovers
Bold 236 HP 252 DEF 12 SP ATK 8 SPE

roar
surf
sleep talk
rest

My physical tank, and overall a beast.Can take physical hits fantasticly.236 HP because at 400 HP i get maximum leftovers recovery and have a nice few EVS for speed and SP ATK.I have 8 SPE because some people pack 4 SPE on suicune to outspeed other suicunes and with 8 i am able to out speed them.Then i want the rest in SP ATK because lack of calmind in favor of roar to phaze leaves me not hitting as hard as i would like.Rest-talk because only HP recovery suicune gets and really it needs sleep talk to work effectively

{umbreon} @ leftovers
Careful 212 HP 4 ATK 40 DEF 252 SP DEF

Payback
wish
curse
yawn

MY special tank a very good wall which takes special attacks for funsies! I carry wish and yawn without protect in favor of curse to tank more and force switches to deal with the curse and by the time they switch in i will have 2 curses and the ability to take many hits. Yawn to sleep things that will annoy me and wish to heal and give my team a second chance, aids gyara after a few SR switch ins. Payback is STAB.

{spinda} @ choice scarf
Modest 252 SP ATK 4 SP DEF 252 SPEED

Swift
psychic
Water pulse
trick

A novelty poke as novelty pokes are very very scary when you see them you're just like OMG!!!!!!! and i can surpirse people very easily.Swift is STAB and therefore useful.Psychic is one of the rare powerful moves that spinda posses. Water pulse is very random and therefore surprising which is the aim of this spinda.Trick is there to cripple things and who would think that this cool little bear would trick a scarf?

{zapdos} @ life orb
Timid 4 DEF 252 SP ATK 252 SPE

Hidden power grass
heat wave
thunderbolt
roost

MY main special attacker as spinda is novelty and i really need this hard hitter. I have the combo of HP grass heat wave and thunderbolt which gives near perfect type coverage. HP grass is for swampert which walls the HP ice set and i badly need this as i lack grass on my team. Heat wave and thunderbolt are standard and roost is for recovery as all the residual damage from SR life orb and the possible sandstorm or hail which are a lot more common now really requires roost and even umbreons wish.

My last poke is my main weakness as i need SR and swampert would be great here or even celebi would work but i really have neither so i opted for a gliscor set which is meant to be a physical wall but i need SR so i needed it. Any trade offers would be great.

{gliscor} @ leftovers
Impish 188 HP 252 DEF 68 SP DEF

Stealth rock
toxic
earthquake
roost

As i said physical wall turned Stealth rocker. Toxic for residual damage on those annoying walls that cause my sweepers so much agony. Earthquake is considered one of the best moves in the game and with STAB on a wall like gliscor its over powered. ROost is there for healing which if i can get it i'll use it and against ice moves using gliscors very reasonable speed i can easily turn them into only x2 effective. 188 HP is wrong meant to be 180 for maximum lefties and then 8 in SPEED but i was bad at maths when i asked for it to be sav'd.

thanks for rating this

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well i am new to this forum however i have been playing pokemon for a while i have platinum my team so far is

charzard lvl 68 hold charcoal naive hp 201 atk 149 def 145 spatk 165 spdef 119 speed 190 fireblitz, heat wave, blast burn, fly

blastiose lvl 67 hold splash plate bashful hp 192 atk 132 def 174 spatk 142 spdef 160 speed 152 outrage , hydro cannon , surf , rain dance

venasaur lvl 68 hold amulet coin modest hp 206 atk 131 def 155 spatk 187 spdef 159 speed 132 sleep powder, frenzy plant, leech seed, sludge bomb

dragonite lvl 67 hold dragon fang relaxed hp 208 atk 216 def 184 spatk 171 def 159 speed 117 dragon dance, ice beam , draco meteor , outrage

mew lvl 68 hold mind plate quiet hp 222 atk 143 def 153 spatk 224 spdef 152 speed 183 thunderbolt, psychic, ice beam, fly

tyranitar lvl 68 hold quick claw quiet hp 221 atk 234 def 168 spatk 163 spdef 164 speed 113 dark pulse, crunch, earthquake, stone edge

was just for fun to see how they would do working on gettting them to lvl 100 atm happend to get pokerus so they where all infected at low lvls :)

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

READ THE RULES!!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

mwb123 wrote:
well i am new to this forum however i have been playing pokemon for a while i have platinum my team so far is

mew lvl 68 hold mind plate quiet hp 222 atk 143 def 153 spatk 224 spdef 152 speed 183 thunderbolt, psychic, ice beam, fly

If you've been playing for so long, why would you give Mew {mew} a bad move like fly? It doesn't make any sense.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i did not know i was not suppsed to not reply in stuff i am sorry and the fly move on mew i admit not a great move for it but i have been haveing a hard time deciding what move to teach it just put my team up just to see if i could get some help inproving it is all just got my internet back so other than the mew with fly what othere issues do you see if you dont mind

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Changes will be made in Green

hammythepig wrote:
I'm new to EV's, so I might not use them right.
I havn't created this team yet, thats why im posting it here for help.
This is for Double Battling (Me and my friends always double battle)

Machamp {machamp} @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 110 Def / 110 Sp.Def / 38 HP
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch/Payback
No Guard allows these 90, 85, and 50 hit chance moves go up to 100.
DynamicPunch is main attack (i'll use some PP ups),
with Stone Edge and EQ as backup against anything Fighting is weak against.
Scary Face is just in case i want to slow pokes down.

Scary Face is just a useless move in any kind of battle. Replace it with Either Bullet Punch for priority or Payback for some extra coverage. Remove the Speed EVs for HP Evs to give it some more bulk, as well ass using Leftovers as the item.

Claydol {claydol} @ Light Clay/ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Nature: Careful
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin/Explosion

Skill Swap Levitate to Machamp, so that it gains No Guard.
Rapid Spin if there are spikes.
The Sash is for getting in one more skill swap
Skill Swap also works on Most other of my pokes, giving them Levitate.
Hmm... I notice a weakness to ground on my team.

Do the changes on Claydol to give it bulk and let it play a support role for your team by putting up screens. Stealth Rocks is always good and should be on every team. Explosion there to go out with a bang, should switch into Metagross before you use it.

Rapidash {rapidash} @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Attack/ 4 HP
Jolly/Adamant Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Megahorn
-Double Edge
-Bounce/Iron Tail

Switch out Machamp for Rapidash.
Then Claydol uses Skill Swap again.
Rapidash uses Horn Drill till it dies.

I know you said you use this against a friend but OHKO moves are always annoying. Run this Choice Scarf set. It lets Dash get half decent coverage.

Metagross {metagross} @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 124 Atk / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Rash Nature- Meteor Mash
-Psychic
-Bullet Punch
-Grass Knot

Metagross is my favorite pokemon.
Meteor Mash and EQ for smashing.
Magnet Rise because my team is weak on ground types
Could change Hammer Arm

For something interesting run a mixed Metagross set. It gives you something interesting and powerful.

Arbok {arbok} @ Choice Band
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
-Poison Jab
-Seed Bomb
-Aqua Tail/Earthquake
-Crunch

Sweeper
Gunk Shot STAB, the rest to tackle any other types.

Run a standard Banded snake, works well enough.

Yanmega {yanmega} @ Timid Nature
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball/Ancient Power
Sweeper, Toxic is for status messing.
BugBuzz and AirSlash is STAB
Psychic for diveristy

Yanmega looks good for the most part, I would remove Toxic as Yanmega doesn't have the bulk for Toxic Stalling. You could tack on Shadow Ball, or use Ancient Power for the off chance of all the stats getting boosted.

EDIT:
One more thing, is anyone going to post new movesets in the Psydex?
They end at the third series and only include 3rd series moves.
Maybe someone can create some fifth series movesets at least for the older pokes?
Just a shout out if anyone was time and skill to do that. (I'm lacking both)

Overall the team is pretty decent, I don't know that much about doing doubles. I really only know about singles teams but I do dabble in the doubles realm from time to time. To Munch I should get to your team in either tonight or tomorrow.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, thanks a bunch.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

also i would suggest switcheroo on arbok. a nice little surprise ;)

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I really should have mentioned Protect is a very viable option on Yanmega. Not only does it give you a free Speed Boost, but if you run Explosion on Claydol, you can use Protect to avoid any damage you would incur on your own Pokemon from it.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok, so Ive been workin on my Ev's and working on ideas for a good power trick shuckle team. Ill be using pokemon i have on hand. I dont now EXACT Evs for them some I have no clue, but im working on it. THIS TEAM HAS NOT BEEN MADE YET. Im just looking for some suggestions.
(Moves my pokemon have will be in white, moves that Im gonna give will be in black). Team will be used in battle fronteir.

{bronzong} lvl 50
Heatproof
naughty nature
Evs- Not sure.... but I am going to reduce speed ev's to 0.

Gyro Ball
Extrasensory->trick room
faint attack
confuse ray->explosion

Yeah, probably not the best set... Bronzong will go first set trick room then explode. However if I decide to use this team in a double battle it will need some attack moves. Im not sure if gyro ball is affect by trick room, but if it is I may have to change it to something else, not sure what though... I may have to get one with levitate if I do double battles though.. no idea on what item to give.

{shuckle} lvl 50
serious nature
sturdy
Ev's- 0 in Sp.att and speed not sure about the rest.

gastro acid-> earthquake
bug bite
power trick
rest-> stone edge

Main attacker.Honeslty I saw a guy on youtube us a power trick shuckle after I came up with the idea of a power trick shuckle. Mine has the same moves except I kept bug bite as another STAB move, rock edge for STAB also and earthquake for type coverage. Also thinking about giving it a leftovers over a life orb like the guy in the video did. If I use shuckle in a double battle bronzong will not survive an earthquake...

Not sure for the third one but I think Ill go with this:

{gallade} lvl 50
Ev's no idea but it does seem to have a decent att and Sp.def
Steadfast

Double team-> ?????
leaf blade
psycho cut
night slash

Gallade is filler and ihere in the event if shuckle faints. Double team has GOT TO GO, but im not sure what the heck to give it, but it will be a fighting type move. The rest, well I just wanted to make a pokemon that could give a supereffective and critical hit, so it will be getting a scope lense to help boost that.

Hopefully this is better than my previous posts. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
I really should have mentioned Protect is a very viable option on Yanmega. Not only does it give you a free Speed Boost, but if you run Explosion on Claydol, you can use Protect to avoid any damage you would incur on your own Pokemon from it.

That is really smart, I will change that.
MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
also i would suggest switcheroo on arbok. a nice little surprise ;)

What does that do?

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

either LOOK IT UP or its the same as trick XD

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hammythepig wrote:
If you've been playing for so long, why would you give {mew} a bad move like fly? It doesn't make any sense.

< 333

[00:14:35] JeneeXxX: Rhydon used Surf!
[00:14:43] JeneeXxX: Rhydon corroded!
[00:14:55] JeneeXxX: Geology wins!

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:18 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
either LOOK IT UP or its the same as trick XD

LOL I could have looked it up. But I just wanted you to sound smart =)

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next