It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As per usual corrections will be made in green.

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
Hey guys i'd love this new team of mine rated

{gyarados}@ Leftovers
Adamant 156 HP/ 72 Attack/ 96 Defense/ 184 Speed

Dragon Dance
Taunt
Waterfall
Bounce/Stone Edge

Pretty much a standard gyara i lead with it because i don't want to lead with anything else. i have 4 hp because i have 30 hp ivs and need an odd number to survive five stealth rock entries.Waterfall is there for standard STAB and will usually switch out on something thats faster then me or if they have a wall i.e bronzong i'll hit it with a waterfall then switch.Ice fang because its really old school and not expected as much and a really nice way to hit lead of celebi and dragonite.Earthquake for those annoying heatran who are always killing my guys and in general earthquake is a solid move.

If you want to lead with a Dos I would highly suggest you use the standard Smogon Bulky Gyarados. It has access to taunt that can help prevent slower leads from setting up Stealth Rocks, and or Spikes. Waterfall should be your main attacking move. The last move is up to choice, Water Flying is resisted only by Empoleon, and Lanturn. While Water Rock is only resisted by Empoleon and Breloom. You could tack on Earthquake if you wanted, but what you hit with Earthquake you can hit just as well with Waterfall.

{suicune} @ leftovers
Bold 236 HP 252 DEF 12 SP ATK 8 SPE

roar
surf
sleep talk
rest

My physical tank, and overall a beast.Can take physical hits fantasticly.236 HP because at 400 HP i get maximum leftovers recovery and have a nice few EVS for speed and SP ATK.I have 8 SPE because some people pack 4 SPE on suicune to outspeed other suicunes and with 8 i am able to out speed them.Then i want the rest in SP ATK because lack of calmind in favor of roar to phaze leaves me not hitting as hard as i would like.Rest-talk because only HP recovery suicune gets and really it needs sleep talk to work effectively

Looks good, the only thing I could say is drop the speed EVs and put them in HP.

{umbreon} @ leftovers
Careful 212 HP 4 ATK 40 DEF 252 SP DEF

Payback
wish
curse
yawn

MY special tank a very good wall which takes special attacks for funsies! I carry wish and yawn without protect in favor of curse to tank more and force switches to deal with the curse and by the time they switch in i will have 2 curses and the ability to take many hits. Yawn to sleep things that will annoy me and wish to heal and give my team a second chance, aids gyara after a few SR switch ins. Payback is STAB.

Good enough. Standard Cursing Umbreon. If you want you can swap out Yawn for Baton Pass. That way you have more reliable Wish support.

{spinda} @ choice scarf
Modest 252 SP ATK 4 SP DEF 252 SPEED

Swift
psychic
Water pulse
trick

A novelty poke as novelty pokes are very very scary when you see them you're just like OMG!!!!!!! and i can surpirse people very easily.Swift is STAB and therefore useful.Psychic is one of the rare powerful moves that spinda posses. Water pulse is very random and therefore surprising which is the aim of this spinda.Trick is there to cripple things and who would think that this cool little bear would trick a scarf?

I don't have much to say. It is a novelty dude, and honestly I wouldn't use this in a real match. The only time I would use it would be for a match against a friend. Spinda has horrible stats.

{zapdos} @ life orb
Timid 4 DEF 252 SP ATK 252 SPE

Hidden power grass
heat wave
thunderbolt
roost

MY main special attacker as spinda is novelty and i really need this hard hitter. I have the combo of HP grass heat wave and thunderbolt which gives near perfect type coverage. HP grass is for swampert which walls the HP ice set and i badly need this as i lack grass on my team. Heat wave and thunderbolt are standard and roost is for recovery as all the residual damage from SR life orb and the possible sandstorm or hail which are a lot more common now really requires roost and even umbreons wish.

Standard Zapdos. Good solid Pokemon defensively on both sides.

My last poke is my main weakness as i need SR and swampert would be great here or even celebi would work but i really have neither so i opted for a gliscor set which is meant to be a physical wall but i need SR so i needed it. Any trade offers would be great.

{gliscor} @ leftovers
Impish 188 HP 252 DEF 68 SP DEF

Stealth rock
toxic
earthquake
roost

As i said physical wall turned Stealth rocker. Toxic for residual damage on those annoying walls that cause my sweepers so much agony. Earthquake is considered one of the best moves in the game and with STAB on a wall like gliscor its over powered. ROost is there for healing which if i can get it i'll use it and against ice moves using gliscors very reasonable speed i can easily turn them into only x2 effective. 188 HP is wrong meant to be 180 for maximum lefties and then 8 in SPEED but i was bad at maths when i asked for it to be sav'd.

Looks good. If you want you can tinker with the EVs making it 252 HP/ 252 Speed and give it Taunt instead of Stealth Rock, so that way in case you get into a stall match you can win it with Gliscor.

thanks for rating this

The team is decent. You lack support for your team by not having a spinner. If you added a Spinner your team will be leagues better. So you wouldn't have to worry about constant Rock, and Sand Storm damage, which really racks up fast. If you were to add a Spinner, drop Spinda completely and add Forrtress. Two other problems I see is that you don't have a true physical sweeper, and a true lead. This can be remedied by making Gliscor a lead by doing this.

Gliscor@Leftovers
Jolly Nature
252 HP/ 252 Speed/ 4 Defense
Taunt/U-Turn
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roost/U-Turn

If you do that with Gliscor then you can keep Gyarados as a standard Dragon Dancing Gyarados. Sorry for having this take so long, I have been quite lazy over the holidays, and the days before.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

EDIT:

Ignore this post, it was an old team that will have absolutely no use. I will get another team up in the next few days from the edit...

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Last edited by B-Mac on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey there, just one pok

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

thanks for the advice and the speed evs are to counter other suicune and spinda looked good but only mangaged a trick and nothing more i chuvked it and added this

{rotom} @ choice specs
timid 252 SP ATK 4 SP DEF 252 SPEED
trick
hidden power ice
shadow ball
thunderbolt

also the umbreon was meant to be the physical sweeper as it can e very sneaky like that and helped me take out a few pokes but mostly hitting for damage so rotom could clean up

i am working on a UU and Uber team now do you know much about those tiers i am an uber n00b and its a really fun tier to play in

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've used this team a couple of times against friends and it seems to work okay, although none of us have much of an idea on how to competetively play.
I'm no too big on the whole EV's and other hidden values and this team is only really going to be used against friends and maybe the odd wi-fi battle.

{gliscor} Jolly - Life Orb

- stealth rock
- earthquake
- roost
- u-turn

my opener who usualy does a good job. Not much to be really said.

{luxray} Naughty - Sitrus Berry

- Thunderbolt
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Ice fang

my luxray is mainly for bringing down bulky opponents and works quite well with its high attack stat.
works well with kingdra to take down formidable water opponents.

{weavile} Hasty - Focus Sash

- counter
- night slash
- ice punch
- fake out

pretty much fake out to start off with to end aerodactyls sash and then night slash and ice punch are used to sweep.
counter is for the less speedy pokemon that come my way..

{umbreon} Careful - Leftovers

- mean look
- baton pass
- toxic
- dark pulse

I was going to try to breed for wish but i got lazy lol. This guy just annoys the crap out of people i verse and as you all know she is just used to pretty much baton pass to a type advantage.
Dark pulse is only there for the odd occassion when she may have to clean the scraps up.

{gengar} Timid - Expert Belt

- psychic
- shadow ball
- (trying to get) hidden power fire/ currently have: thunderbolt
- explosion

This guy is pretty much just to deal with whatever they throw at me as it has a range of special attacks partnered with his good special attack ability he acts as a formidable special sweeper.
Explosion is just to destroy any annoying threat that i didnt anticipate

{kingdra} Naive - Light Orb

- dragon dance
- waterfall
- outrage
- ice beam

Kingdra is my mixed sweeper and quite capably takes out many pokemon that i have versed in the past i am generally happy with this Pokemon role in the team.

Thanks for reading and please offer any ideas if you think one pokemon doesnt belong in this team etc. im open to any idea.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Please met all Rating requirements (which can be viewed on the first post) before requesting a rating.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My first team:
I'm new to competitive battling but i've tried to make a good team.

Ambipom Lead @Silk Scarf
Jolly / 252 Spd - 252 Atk - 4 Hp
Taunt
Fake Out
U-Turn
Return

The silk scarf is just for a little boost for that fake out. I think this is a really good lead but also really annoying to face.

Hippowdon Physical tank/ Sandstorm @Leftovers
Adamant / 188 Def - 252 Hp - 68 Sp. Def
Earthquake
Slack Off
Stockpile
Stealth Rock

Yeah i think this is a cool set for Hippowdon. Adamant is for Earthquake to do a little extra damage w/ EQ.

Flygon Physical Sweeper @Expert Belt
Adamant 252 Atk - 252 Spd - 4 Hp
EQ
Outrage
Fire Punch
Roost

I didn't want any Life orb damage, thats why he has Expert Belt. Might change it later though.

Blissey Special Tank @ Leftovers
Calm 252 Hp - 200 Sp. Def - 56 Def
Seismic Toss
Toxic
Thunder Wave
Softbiled

Noot much to say here. I dont like Blissey too much but i felt like a Special tank was needed.

Lucario(shiny) Special Sweeper @ Choice Specs
Modest 252 Sp. Atk - 252 Spd - 4 Hp
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere

I love this guy! He has awesome type coverage (Fighting, Poison, Psychic, Ghost, Dragon, Ice, Rock, Steel, Normal and Dark) and my 2nd shiny ( have a seviper on emerald).

Swampert Late game sweeper? I honestly don't know.
Adamant 228 HP - 192 Def - 88 Sp. Def
Mirror Coat
Ice punch
Waterfall
Roar

Thnx for reading. I rly appreciate all tips and help so please tell me what I should change =). Thanks. Less than three.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Read the first post on this thread!

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

/vXv\ wrote:
Please met all Rating requirements (which can be viewed on the first post) before requesting a rating.

I'm sorry I don't think I have done anything wrong?

Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When you first posted in the thread you didn't have enough posts to qualify for a rating, secondly you didn't give EVs for your Pokemon.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:38 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
When you first posted in the thread you didn't have enough posts to qualify for a rating, secondly you didn't give EVs for your Pokemon.

Yes I thought it was 20 posts to be able to get your team rated but I misread it. And the EVs aren't really important I just want to know a good balanced team..

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

EVs Make or break your team
at level 100 they can boost any stat 63 pts higher, greatly changing how well your Pokemon does in battle.
so EVs are important

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hey, can someone take a look at my team please? Its been almost a month and id really like some input so that if I need toi do some breeding (to then ev train better..) I can get started on it and not something else. Thanks guys.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

this is probably not quite the place to post, but it seemed like a good place to get advice. I'm helping a friend build a sandstorm team, which is sort of like the blind leading the blind, since i'm a breeder, not a battler >.< the extent of my battle experience is getting to Palmer once in the battle tower for some battle points, and all i learned from that was stealth rock efficiently kills shedinja. so I threw together a team that looks good on the surface:

{tyranitar} @ Choice Band
Adamant / Sand Stream
180 HP / 252 Attack / 76 Speed
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake

Mainly for starting up the sandstorm, but also because he's pretty tough.

{lucario} @ Life Orb
Adamant / Inner Focus
252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
Swords Dance
Close Combat
ExtremeSpeed
Stone Edge

Meant to be the main sweeper.

{gliscor} @ focus sash
Jolly / Sand Veil
252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Roost
U-Turn

Lead pokemon who will ideally set up stealth rock and then u-turn to tyranitar.

{forretress} @ leftovers
Careful / Sturdy
252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special Defense
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Payback
Rapid Spin

Rumor has it spikes can be an issue, so he's here to remove them.

{torterra} @ light clay
Impish / Overgrow
252 HP / 16 Defense / 240 Special Defense
Light Screen
Reflect
Earthquake
Synthesis or Seed Bomb (undecided on this slot)

not sure about this guy. screens are nice, but maybe I should make him another sweeper?

{metagross} @ choice scarf
Jolly / Clear Body
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Trick

this was to help against walls. i was considering iron ball instead as the item so he could EQ skarmorys.

The general idea was to lead with Gliscor, set up stealth rock, U-turn to Tyranitar to get sandstorm going and take it from there.
This team is pretty much a stab in the dark, feel free to tear it apart. the only pokemon that absolutely have to stay are Lucario and Tyranitar but I can change anything about them except their natures / abilities. the other pokemon are completely changeable if there are better alternatives. oh, and i'm trying to avoid duplicate hold items on this team.
any and all advice is welcome, i'm really not in my element here and would appreciate the help :)
again, sorry if I've done this in the wrong place

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

are raters the only ones allowed to give advice? i would love to help those 2 out but dont wanna break any rules

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Regarding Danger trouts Sandstorm team.

All the move sets and EVs are very straight forward smogon sets

regarding metagross I'd stick with explosion over Trick

The Only thing I have to say is that you have No special Attackers what so ever

Empoleon
Heatran
Magnezone

All make decent Special attackers, I'd suggest Empoleon

Empoleon {empoleon} @ Choice Specs Modest
EVs 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Surf / Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Hidden Power Electric

I'd consider tossing torterra because you don't want two pokemon with a 4x weakness to Ice on your team

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dangertrout wrote:
this is probably not quite the place to post, but it seemed like a good place to get advice. I'm helping a friend build a sandstorm team, which is sort of like the blind leading the blind, since i'm a breeder, not a battler >.< the extent of my battle experience is getting to Palmer once in the battle tower for some battle points, and all i learned from that was stealth rock efficiently kills shedinja. so I threw together a team that looks good on the surface:

{tyranitar} @ Life Orb
Adamant / Sand Stream
36 HP / 220 Attack / 252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Thunder Punch
Earthquake

Mainly for starting up the sandstorm, but also because he's pretty tough.

My own personnal preference as i think CB T-Tar doesn't work that well as it is countered so easily by suicune, so i have given you a Life Orb DD set with 36 evs in HP to make mimimum Life Orb damage happen.

{lucario} @ Life Orb
Adamant / Inner Focus
Swords Dance
Close Combat
ExtremeSpeed
Crunch

Meant to be the main sweeper.

Other then switching Stone Edge to Crunch its fine. You will want Crunch for those ghost you had so much and Stone Edge well.... face it, it sucks.

{gliscor} @ Leftovers
Jolly / Sand Veil
252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Taunt
U-Turn

Lead pokemon who will ideally set up stealth rock and then u-turn to tyranitar.

No lefties???? Gliscor is really bulky on the physical side and doesn't need a Focus Sash, Suicide leads ae stupid so don't use them, Gliscor is a Poke that likes to hang around.Taunt is ideal on a fast lead like Gliscor.

{forretress} @ leftovers
Careful / Sturdy
252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special Defense
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Payback
Rapid Spin

Rumor has it spikes can be an issue, so he's here to remove them.

I have no Problem with this other then Skarmory and Shuckle AND EVEN HEATRAN are better special walls then forretress so i would suggest either Sp def skarm or 252 HP 4 DEF 252 SP DEF Shuckle with a sassy nature and in sandstorm shuckle has over 900 Sp def, you can't pass that up in my oppinion.

{torterra} @ light clay
Impish / Overgrow
252 HP / 16 Defense / 240 Special Defense
Light Screen
Reflect
Earthquake
Synthesis or Seed Bomb (undecided on this slot)

not sure about this guy. screens are nice, but maybe I should make him another sweeper?

TBH I don't like this guy i would definatly try another sweeper and as vWv suggested a special sweeper should be here. Empoleon ir Heatran really for this slot, or a specs tar as it is very surprising.

{metagross} @ choice scarf
Jolly / Clear Body
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Trick

this was to help against walls. i was considering iron ball instead as the item so he could EQ skarmorys.

Fine but in generation 4 explosion is still great and great for killing walls, i would also suggest an agiligross instead as heatran is best as a scarfer.

The general idea was to lead with Gliscor, set up stealth rock, U-turn to Tyranitar to get sandstorm going and take it from there.
This team is pretty much a stab in the dark, feel free to tear it apart. the only pokemon that absolutely have to stay are Lucario and Tyranitar but I can change anything about them except their natures / abilities. the other pokemon are completely changeable if there are better alternatives. oh, and i'm trying to avoid duplicate hold items on this team.
any and all advice is welcome, i'm really not in my element here and would appreciate the help :)
again, sorry if I've done this in the wrong place

Changes in red.

So things i have suggested,

{shuckle} @ Leftovers
Sassy 252 HP 4 DEF 252 Sp DEF
Knock Off
Toxic
Rest
Encore

{metagross} @ Life Orb
36 HP 240 Atk 232 Speed Adamant/Jolly your choice
Agility/Rock Polish
Meteor Mas
ThunderPunch
Earthquake

{Heatran} @ Choice Scarf
4 Atk 252 SP ATK 252 SPEED Naive
Explosion/HP Grass/HP Eletric
Earth Power
Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse/HP Ice.

and you presented it great.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

thanks for the input guys =)

@ /vXv\, yes, i did my cursory research at smogon. didn't want to come in here for advice knowing absolutely nothing =)
anyways, I'm going to go with the Empoleon over Torterra, like you suggested. I didnt notice my complete lack of a special sweeper >.< i dont like breeding for specific HPs (i dont RNG abuse, so it adds extra time to produce), but i'll give it a shot =) as for giving the metagross explosion, you and munchlax are probably right, and i'm pretty sure my friend has no issues sacrificing his pokes, so i'll make that change too. i feel bad when my guys faint, so i avoid self-destruct and explosion. but this team isnt for me, so w/e :D

@munchlax, i agree on the lucario, but he already has the riolu in his hands and it doesn't have crunch >.< maybe i should just breed him a good one.... something to think about there. the T-tar changes look good, and Gliscor only had sash on cause i wanted to make sure he'd stay up long enough to set up stealth rock. but if he's as bulky as you say, then lefties it is. i covered the torterra switch to empoleon and metagross above....
oh yeah, about the forretress vs shuckle (which is the one of the three i'd pick), is spikes not much of an issue? the main reason i picked forretress was for his ability to rapid spin.

looks like we'll have to double up on some of the items... well, i'm sure it'll be ok :) at any rate, with those suggestions i can finally start planning out the breeding side of this project. thanks a bunch!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yes they are but that is what gliscor does he shuts down things like spikes and SR you could also put in a pure physical wall but you would be forced to scrafice a sweeper.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ok, so I gave up on my shuckle team. Honestly it doesnt fit my battle style. So I made this team instead. I find that it works much better but I thinka few of thre moves may need replacing. Im not too concernced about ev and natures, plus the fact i only know 2 pokemon's evs.... Any way i need some move help with this team so thanks for your suggestions in advance. My battle style is more offensive than defensive, and i dont spend time setting up stuff. I also like to give one stab move per type, and i like to have good type coverage. (This team is for thje battle fronteir)

{roserade}
lvl 50
naughty nature
natural cure
poison barb
[color=#00000]giga drain[/color]
[color=#00000]petal dance[/color]
[color=#00000]toxic spikes[/color]
[color=#00000]sludge bomb[/color]

After a few experiments I deided to put roserade first. I tend to use sludge bomb and giga drain the most, mostly because roserade has the highest sp.att of all my grass types. I dont find petal dance all that usefull on this roserade just because its att isn't that high. So im thinkin about switching it with energy ball. Toxic spikes i dont really use so im thinkin about switching it with shadow ball so that roserade has some def against pshycic types. Sludge bomb is good for takin out grass types that pop up and gig drain heals roserade back up.

{swampert}
lvl 50
bold nature
torrent
life orb
[color=#00000]mud bomb[/color]
[color=#00000]earthquake[/color]
[color=#00000]ice beam[/color]
[color=#00000]waterfall[/color]

OK so swampert comes in when an electric type comes into play. This makes there first turn thunder wave useless. Earthquake and waterfall are for stab and takes advantage of swamperts good attack. Ice beam is for defense from grass types, although i am thinkin about trading ice beam for ice punch. Im looking for something to switch with mud bomb although im not quite sure what. Life ord adds a bit of omf to swampets attacks, however it has made me lose a bit so im thinking about swapping it for something else.

{charizard}
lvl 50
mild nature
blaze
laxincense

[color=#00000]dragon pulse[/color]
[color=#00000]wing attack[/color]
[color=#00000]overheat[/color]
[color=#00000]flamethrower[/color]

Dragon pulse is a nice addition ive found. It seems to help. Wing attack is for stab along with flamethrower. Overheat was an egg move that got bread onto it from my fired red game. Im looking for some def against rock types, i seem to be having problems with them. Lax incesne was thrown on cause iwasnt sure of what else to give it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've got another double battle team that I would like your opinions on.
Theme: Rain

{kyogre} Drizzle
@ Shell Bell
EVs: SpAt: 252 Speed: 252 Def: 6
-Thunder
-Water Spout
-Calm Mind
-Safeguard
Kyogre starts in order to produce the rainy weather. Water Spout is a great opening move, but if the opponent is Water type, Thunder will finish it. Shell Bell can be replaced by a different item, but it can't be an item from below, as me and my friends play with the item rule were each item has to be unique.

{toxicroak} Dry Skin
@ Black Sludge
EVs: Atk: 252 Speed: 252 Def: 6
-Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch
-Rock Slide
-Rain Dance
Toxicroak opens with Kyogre. Poison Jab is a powerful STAB that can hopefully poison the enemy as well. Sucker Punch is to hit Psychic types and Rock Slide is for hitting two enemies at once. If Kyogre dies and my opponent switches the weather, Rain Dance will change it back.

{kingler} Hyper Cutter
@ Wide Lens
-Crabhammer
-Guillotine
-Rain Dance
-Swords Dance
Another sweeper, Kingler's Crabhammer has a massive STAB and crit. Wide Lens helps it hit 100% of the time, and it also bumps Guillotine's hit up to 40 as well.

{ludicolo} Rain Dish
@ Leftovers
EVs: Def: 252 SpDf: 252 HP: 6
-Leech Seed
-Mist
-Surf
-Razor Leaf
Ludicolo walls with Rain Dish, Leftovers, and Leech Seed giving him constant health. Surf and Razor Leaf hit both enemies, while Mist is for negating stats.

Now these are the maybes:
{vaporeon} and {mantine} or {swampert}

{vaporeon} Water Absorb
@ Mystic Water
-Surf
-Acid Armour
-Baton Pass
-Blizzard
When used with Mantine, these two can keep using Surf to hurt both enemies while healing each other.
Otherwise, use Acid Armour to pump defence then baton pass to Ludicolo. While Acid Armouring, Mantine can heal with Surf.

{mantine} Water Absorb
@ Wise Glasses
-Surf
-Signal Beam
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
When used with Vaporeon, these two can keep using Surf to hurt both enemies while healing each other.
Otherwise, Special Sweeper.

{swampert} Torrent
@ Muscle Band
EVs: Atk: 252 Def: 252 Speed: 6
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm
-Waterfall
-Protect
Sweeper that really helps out against electric types.

Thanks a lot.
~HTP

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:59 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

hammythepig wrote:
I've got another double battle team that I would like your opinions on.
Theme: Rain

{kyogre} Drizzle
@ Shell Bell
-Thunder
-Water Spout
-Calm Mind
-Safeguard
Kyogre starts in order to produce the rainy weather. Water Spout is a great opening move, but if the opponent is Water type, Thunder will finish it. Shell Bell can be replaced by a different item, but it can't be an item from below, as me and my friends play with the item rule were each item has to be unique.

{toxicroak} Dry Skin
@ Black Sludge
-Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch
-Rock Slide
-Rain Dance
Toxicroak opens with Kyogre. Poison Jab is a powerful STAB that can hopefully poison the enemy as well. Sucker Punch is to hit Psychic types and Rock Slide is for hitting two enemies at once. If Kyogre dies and my opponent switches the weather, Rain Dance will change it back.

{kingler} Hyper Cutter
@ Wide Lens
-Crabhammer
-Guillotine
-Rain Dance
-Swords Dance
Another sweeper, Kingler's Crabhammer has a massive STAB and crit. Wide Lens helps it hit 100% of the time, and it also bumps Guillotine's hit up to 40 as well.

{ludicolo} Rain Dish
@ Leftovers
EVs: Def: 252 SpDf: 252 HP: 6
-Leech Seed
-Mist
-Surf
-Razor Leaf
Ludicolo walls with Rain Dish, Leftovers, and Leech Seed giving him constant health. Surf and Razor Leaf hit both enemies, while Mist is for negating stats.

Now these are the maybes:
{vaporeon} and {mantine} or {swampert}

{vaporeon} Water Absorb
@ Mystic Water
-Surf
-Acid Armour
-Baton Pass
-Blizzard
When used with Mantine, these two can keep using Surf to hurt both enemies while healing each other.
Otherwise, use Acid Armour to pump defence then baton pass to Ludicolo. While Acid Armouring, Mantine can heal with Surf.

{mantine} Water Absorb
@ Wise Glasses
-Surf
-Signal Beam
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
When used with Vaporeon, these two can keep using Surf to hurt both enemies while healing each other.
Otherwise, Special Sweeper.

{swampert} Torrent
@ Muscle Band
EVs: Atk: 252 Def: 252 Speed: 6
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm
-Waterfall
-Protect
Sweeper that really helps out against electric types.

Thanks a lot.
~HTP

what tier is this for

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
what tier is this for

I'm sorry i don't know what that means, its just for fighting some friends.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I believe that it is for VGC, that is the only tier where the item clause is in effect without having to customize the battles.

current party in HG:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:16 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, me and my friends just play no duplicate items, and only 1 legendary.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next