It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:47 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Best Flying Type??(non-legendary) 

What is the best flying type in your opinion?
Pidgeot 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Fearow 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Xatu 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Skarmory 30%  30%  [ 17 ]
Swellow 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Altaria 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Tropius 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Staraptor 21%  21%  [ 12 ]
Honchcrow 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
Noctowl 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 57

Best Flying Type??(non-legendary) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Antigua wrote:
Have you all forget about Togekiss? A ParaFlinch set really destroys some opposition. It's Attack isn't worth anything, but it can definitely take a few hits and still do some damage.

Well, sure, but it's not on the list, otherwise it would've gotten my vote. And yes, I had forgotten about Togekiss, to answer your question literally. :P

Ender wrote:
Non of em'. You want Gliscor. Ground flying. Nuff' said.

Forgot about Gliscor too. :? Not exactly the first thing that comes to mind, when one thinks of a flying type.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Scratch that. The best flying type pokemon is Gyrados.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Woah, woah, woah! Where's Togekiss? I mean, Togekiss just PWNS. Paraflinch haxorama!
I picked Staraptor due to good move coverage. Altaria is nice thanks to colorful movepool. Of course Skarmory is good, just be a bit careful of fire and electric.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ender wrote:
Scratch that. The best flying type pokemon is Gyrados.

I'll stick to my vote on Noctowl, the super awesome UU Blissey, but Gyrados is pretty awesome. Though to this day I have no idea who's idea it was to make him part flying. Water-Dragon could have been more useful, as most dragon-based trainers in the Pokemon games use him.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Forgot about that one too. :? Gyarados has always been the bane of my team's existence. My team can combat Gyara, but it struggles to do so. :? An amazing Pokemon indeed.

Guess Shaymin sky forme would count too (can't remember if someone already said this). Eh, either way, I'd rather not get into that.

Skarmory and Staraptor can keep my votes.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{charizard} CHARIZARD all the way! Or Aerodactyl. Dragon-like, like Gyarados. But, I'm a Dragon-collector, so what do I know?

Image (by Ender)

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:21 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
now thats not cool! Add Togekiss!

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:55 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

You do realize that there is a poll option limit of ten selections, right?

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not only is there a limit but a poll with all of them would accomplish nothing anyways. You'd get most of them with no votes and then if you tried to cut any you would have the freak who complains that their obscure favorite isn't an option.

Flying type has just never really seemed as an actual type to me but more something they just tack on to give other pokemon more options. Its useful but it just seems underutilized.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hey! Whoa Whoa Whao! My obscure favorite, "Arceus with a sky plate" IS NOT ON THERE!!!

Last edited by Ender on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ender wrote:
Hey! Whoa Whoa Whao! My obscure favorite, "Acreus with a sky plate" IS NOT ON THERE!!!

I laughed IRL. :)

I'm partial to Honchkrow myself, but...

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

LOL, I try. Arceus is legendary, so not on the poll, but I flirted with mantyke, ledian, chatot, drifloon, masqrian, pelliper, dodrio, farfetch'd, ninjask, and abunch of other obscurities. Arceus was just the most so.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm an Arceus fan, too. I just got the sky plate for my Arceus on Pearl. I can get Arceus on Platinum as soon as I see a Togetic n get the national dex. I like Charizard, Dragonite, Skarmory, and Scyther. Most of my Fly-ing pokemon are either legendary or not flying type, like Latios or Rayquaza.
P.S. ALL DRAGONS CAN FLY!!!!! (excuse the all-caps)

Image (by Ender)

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ha
Kingdra, Dialga, Garchomp, Palkia
DON'T FLY
1/3 of fully evolved dragons don't fly

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:14 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Uh hello? The pokedex description of Garchomp says it can FLY as fast as a jet plane. Palkia also has wings, but they are most likely just for show.

I quote:

"Diamond: When it folds up its body and extends its wings, it looks like a jet plane. It flies at sonic speed.
Pearl: It flies at speeds equal to a jet fighter plane. It never allows its prey to escape."

~Pokedex

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:49 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
It kind of depends on what you need. Skarmory's the "best" I suppose, but I voted for Honchkrow because I like pokemon who aren't so commonly used. But if you need a physical wall, Skarmory would destroy Honchkrow any day, likewise, if you needed something closer to a sweeper, Skarmory's useless.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

/vXv\ wrote:
Ha
DON'T FLY

YES THEY DO!!! In the Darkrai movie, Dialga n Palkia were in the air when they were fighting, thus 'flying'. Kingdra has wings enough to fly, and the pokedex description for Garchomp says it can. (thx Ender for posting that)

Image (by Ender)

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

khoufu wrote:
/vXv\ wrote:
Ha
DON'T FLY

YES THEY DO!!! In the Darkrai movie, Dialga n Palkia were in the air when they were fighting, thus 'flying'. Kingdra has wings enough to fly, and the pokedex description for Garchomp says it can. (thx Ender for posting that)

You sure Kingdra can fly? I realize it has those things on its back, but they're more like fins than wings, really. They're not even that big. It'd make more sense as fins, especially since it' part-water.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, well Gyarados doesn't have wings either, neither does Rayquaza, and they're both Flying-type. Yeah I know they look like fins, and he's not really aero-dynamic, but all Dragons have a sort of 'magic' to them that lets them fly in some way.

Image (by Ender)

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gyarados is obviously the best flying-type pokemon, but since that wasn't on the poll, I'd have to go with Staraptor. It has a great move pool and better stats than Pidgeot.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:33 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

yes altaria would die from ice but think you can teach it amazing move to take out ice types..it can learn earthquake i think..pretty sure

Fri May 01, 2009 11:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Shooting people with shotguns somewhere. My list: the pushy kid with red hair (???), Oak, and you.
I said Skarmory just because Dragonite wasn't an option, and Skarmory is one of the most annoying pokemon to beat, due to steel type plus flying, so its only weaknesses are Electric and Fire. Plus high defense.

Need to battle someone in Platinum...
Friend Code: 5456 5891 5226
Name: Diamond (in memory of my lost game)

Sat May 02, 2009 8:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

khoufu wrote:
/vXv\ wrote:
Ha
DON'T FLY

In the show Pikachu can also ohko a Rhydon with a thunderbolt. In the first pokemon movie, the clones made by Mewtwo(Venusaur, Blastoise, etc.) could fly.

My argument is that the show and the game have totally seperate mechanics, where the game actually uses common sense and logic, and the show can do whatever it wants. I guess you have some decent proof for the fact that the dragons can fly, but seeing that this thread is in the Battle Tower Forum, I'd assume that it's for in-game things.

Last edited by Theolithical on Sat May 02, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat May 02, 2009 8:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would say altaria just for its pure dragoness....but otherwise i would say either skarmory because of it having a good defence being steel type and it being a good spiker :D

If not i would go with Staraptor, mostly because it has helped me out alot in my game mainly because of its good movepoool; Brave bird, close combat and u-turn....i mean come on!!!

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Tue May 05, 2009 6:38 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Theolithical wrote:
khoufu wrote:
/vXv\ wrote:
Ha
DON'T FLY

In the show Pikachu can also ohko a Rhydon with a thunderbolt. In the first pokemon movie, the clones made by Mewtwo(Venusaur, Blastoise, etc.) could fly.

My argument is that the show and the game have totally seperate mechanics, where the game actually uses common sense and logic, and the show can do whatever it wants. I guess you have some decent proof for the fact that the dragons can fly, but seeing that this thread is in the Battle Tower Forum, I'd assume that it's for in-game things.

I have to agree here. I was very disapointed while playing my first pokemon game (after watching the show) and realizing that I could not dodge every attack by yelling "DODGE IT!"

I also notice that you can't fuse attacks (or pokemon, but that is irrelevant) which would be a neat mechanic to add for the next game series.

Tue May 05, 2009 8:02 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next