It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Smogon's Blaziken Ban 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Just wanted to get a sense of what the community thinks about this. Personally, I think that it is ridiculous that they decide to go after Blaziken over weather, Latios, Excadrill ect.

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27005

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:19 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Could you please elabortae, cause ive been trying to get to smogon to check out the B/W movesets (im currebtly using something from Gamefaq.com), but nothing on B/W is one there.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:48 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

GofD wrote:
Could you please elabortae, cause ive been trying to get to smogon to check out the B/W movesets (im currebtly using something from Gamefaq.com), but nothing on B/W is one there.

Smogon banned Blaziken from OU play after testing it. The ability Speed Boost is the reason, yet they banned Blaziken as a whole, which I think is really stupid.

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:47 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OK thanks for that.

In my opinion, if they're banning blazkein on the basis of speed boost, then blazkein with the speed boost ability should be the only ones Banned. It doesn make much to ban BOTH baze blazkein and Speed boost blazkein. Its sorta like saying that marble cakes are banned, and then banning marble, chocolate and vannila cakes. See doesnt really make much sense.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Easy reasoning Smogon Sucks.

Smogon bans any good idea that would become too popular.
evasion, garchomp, salamence etc.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No Smogon only bans something that overcentralizes the metagame. Speed Boost Blaziken would do just that. I don't really care about it all that much because Blaziken has always been one of my least favorite starters. I doubt they are banning all Blaziken, they will probably make an amendment allowing the use of non Speed Boost Blaziken don't get your panties into a wad and have another bawwwwwwwww fest like Garchump and Salamence, and Latias had.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm with the recent blaziken ban. Although blaziken as a whole getting banned is stupid.

+2 Blaziken can easily 2hko most of the walls that resists his stabs(eg, slowbro) and with a couple of speed boosts , can easily outspeed opposing scarfers. So your gonna have to lose a couple of guys if you let your opponent set up and stuff.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:26 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I don't like Blaziken.

Seeing his fans cry, just like Garchomp and Salamence's before his, makes me giggle like the Snuggle Bear.

I also can't believe that I saw somebody in this thread imply that Evasion should be anything other than banned.

Smogon really knows what they're doing in the competitive battling realm as they play test everything HEAVILY. If they think Blaziken should be banned, I agree with them more than any other Pokemon community on the Internet.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Everybody is bitchin at bans. Just like when chomp and mence were banned. They cry for the moment its banned , but they'll soon appreciate the ban cos it makes the metagame more fun in a sense.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:41 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm not a huge Blaziken fan-boy or anything, I just wanted everybody else's opinion on the matter. I do think that Speed Boost Blaziken should be banned, but I disagree that regular Blaziken is banned which is how it is as of now. Just to test it, I tried to just use Gen 4 Blaze version on Pokemon Online today, and it moved me to Ubers play. That's where I think that they got it wrong. I generally have agreed with Smogon's decisions in the past, ie Garchomp, Latias, ect.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:39 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can understand the logic behind banning it, but what's odd to me is that it's usage the past few months has been just outside the top 20. Bans for overpowered pokes like chump/mence had usage in the top 5 beforehand so I do wonder what made smogon push to kick it. The ban doesn't affect me much since I dislike Blaziken but it was nice to have around to deter people using Skarm/Chance and Celetran cores, since it punished both of them :p

I wonder if Telepathy Wobbuffet will be allowed in standard someday.

NastyNati311 wrote:
Just to test it, I tried to just use Gen 4 Blaze version on Pokemon Online today, and it moved me to Ubers play.

Tell me, does it kick you to Ubers to use Drizzle Politoad and Luvdisk? :lol: That's another ban they need to fine tune, Kingdra and Kabutops I can see but Beartic, Armaldo, Luvdisk etc. barely make UU behind the rain.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Quote:
Tell me, does it kick you to Ubers to use Drizzle Politoad and Luvdisk? :lol: That's another ban they need to fine tune, Kingdra and Kabutops I can see but Beartic, Armaldo, Luvdisk etc. barely make UU behind the rain.
Tried it, and sadly no swift swim Luvdisc. :(

But, I'm sure they will eventually fine tune the ban list, it's just a matter if getting the obvious stuff out of the way first.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:09 pm
Profile YIM
THE POWER IS ON!

Blaziken is banned only because the program that people use for battling right now can't distinguish Pokemon based on abilities. They wanted to ban Speed Boost Blaziken and leave Blaze Blaziken in contention, but there's no option to make only a Pokemon with a specific ability Uber, so Blaze Blaziken had to go too for now.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:30 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I don't really know but the gps says to make a illegal u-turn I wonder if it's a bug type
I do know smogon has a lot to do because of the new abilities and pokes. But I do know they have some very good battlers up in the smogon board so I think they know what there doing. I think that there decision was a good one because blaziken has high attack but horrible speed so if it gets enough speed boosts it can sweep with no doubt.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
Blaziken is banned only because the program that people use for battling right now can't distinguish Pokemon based on abilities. They wanted to ban Speed Boost Blaziken and leave Blaze Blaziken in contention, but there's no option to make only a Pokemon with a specific ability Uber, so Blaze Blaziken had to go too for now.

This to me says that eventually, Blaze Blakein ( for the record I really dont like the overgrow/torrent/blaze abilites and much rather have them with therei dreamworld abilites) SHOULD be allowed bakc into play once the code is updated.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Even though I'm relatively new to competitive battling, I must say I agree with Smogon (in most things actually). SB Blaziken is pretty dangerous.I personally have seen more Protect+B.Pass Blazikens than sweepers. Either way, I've never had too much trouble with them :mrgreen:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Speed Boost Blaziken can't learn Baton Pass.

B-P is only an egg move, and Speed Boost Blaziken is only in Dream World. :roll:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Speed Boost Blaziken can't learn Baton Pass.

B-P is only an egg move, and Speed Boost Blaziken is only in Dream World. :roll:

Females with Speed boost can pass the DW ability on via breeding, but it won't pass if you breed with Ditto.

Given PO's Wifi's statistics, The event Torchic is Male and can't breed/use BP there. Fair game in DW though.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I dont' see why certain things are banned if they all have a weakness. I saw an aron beat the speed boost blaziken on a video then the person disconnected.

Sat May 28, 2011 7:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sturdy, Shell Bell, Endeavour Aron beats alot of things. Don't let it detract from the fact that Speed Boost Blaziken is rather overpowered.

Sat May 28, 2011 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]