It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Weavile Build? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm making a team to test on Shoddy Battle that I will eventually use in the Video Game Regionals in June, and I would like to hear some Weavile builds if any one had any good ones.

Known team:

Electivire

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, here is a link that should help you with your Weavile. It's recommended that you use this site to find possible movesets before posting topics like these.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/weavile

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you wanna use Weavile just be aware that he's pretty common, so there are going to be a lot of counters for it.

The best I've seen is Weavile itself...
Slap a Brick Break on that Weavile and you've got yourself an anti-Weavile.

Be ready to do some serious breeding. Weavile needs to have a 31 IV and all 252 EVs in its speed if you want it to be effective against other Weaviles.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:42 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Didn't someone say that he/she saw too many "here's the smogon set" posts? Oh well. My sets are custom made. :D

{weavile} @ Choice Band/Scarf
EV: Attack and Speed
Nature: +Attack -Spec. Attack
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Aerial Ace/Thunder or Ice Punch

Or...

{weavile} @ Expert Belt/Muscle Band/Razor Claw :D
Swords Dance
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break

Both sets are relatively the same, but one revolves around setting up, and another's based off pure sweeping.

Weavile is another case of a Deadly Porky. He's strong, but his abundance of weaknesses leaves a huge gap in his defenses. His strong attack and fast speed greatly makes up for it, so he's more accurately called a Speedy Deadly Porky.

Good luck soldier!

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

searchman52 wrote:
Didn't someone say that he/she saw too many "here's the smogon set" posts? Oh well. My sets are custom made. :D

Funny that you bring that up, as this kinda says otherwise. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23031

Yes, it's great to have some origionality in your pokemon, but if you're not the best battler ever, then go with a Smogon set. The site generally finds that best possible type-coverage + useage of a pokemon's stats to allow it to be used to its full potential.

searchman52 wrote:

{weavile} @ Choice Band/Scarf
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Aerial Ace/Thunder or Ice Punch

Or...

{weavile} @ Expert Belt/Muscle Band/Razor Claw :D
Swords Dance
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break

Both sets are relatively the same, but one revolves around setting up, and another's based off pure sweeping.

Weavile is another case of a Deadly Porky. He's strong, but his abundance of weaknesses leaves a huge gap in his defenses. His strong attack and fast speed greatly makes up for it, so he's more accurately called a Speedy Deadly Porky.

Good luck soldier!

Please learn the natues before suggesting, "+Attack -Spec. Attack" isn't going to help anyone that's asking for help, as most of the time they're new to online play.

The first set include "Choice Band/Scarf." I have no objection to the Choice Bandm, but what worries me is that you'd put a choice scarf on a pokmon that can outrun 95+% of non-uber pokemon. Secondly, the "custom made" movesets that you provided are almost exactly copies the Choice Band one on smogon.

The second set is suggested on smogon, but in my opinion, it's not that great. In order to survive through the swords dance, you should have a focus sash, otherwise he will be easily killed so replace the held item for that.

It's awesome that you're trying to help him out, but I felt that posting the Smogon link would provide him with not only a few different movesets that Weavile can pull off, but something that actually works. :shock:

Last edited by Theolithical on Sun May 03, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

burn

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For a decent Weavile you might want to try this

{weavile}
Nature Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack) or Jolly (+Speed, -Special Attack)
Held Item Expert Belt/Life Orb
EV's 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 in whatever stat you want
Ice Shard/Ice Punch
Night Slash
X-Scissor/Brick Break/Metal Claw
Aerial Ace

Ice Shard is there for STAB and priority (being able to go before choice scarf timid Gengar is always a plus) If you don't want to go down the Ice Shard route Ice Punch is just as good seeing how it has a higher base power and the chance to freeze an opponent. Night Slash is there for STAB again and there to hit things that are resistant to his other attacks, when you are hitting for neutral damage Night Slash will be his strongest attack (also the higher crit rate is good) Night Slash also hits his Psychic counters such as Cresselia and Alakazam (though I don't know why you would be attacking a Cresselia though). Now its the pick your poison move X-Scissor hits some Grass types that occasionally pop up in the OU game, Brick Break is there if you want to be able to counter other Weavile and smash through Blissey and Tyranitar and to also hit Scizor and Forretress for neutral damage, Metal Claw is listed because it scores super effective hits on the said Tyranitar (plus a chance to raise the attack stat is pretty good but I wouldn't highly recommend using Metal Claw unless you really want to surprise your opponent). Last but not least Aerial Ace I think I can safely say Aerial Ace is a must on any Weavile set to deal with non Scarfed Heracrosses and Brelooms. The held item is up to you Expert Belt powers up the super effective moves while Life Orb powers up all the moves.

There is a half decent Weavile that was concocted for ya.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]