It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:33 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Richard's Main Team 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, since I'm new, I guess I'll post my team for rating. It's not likely to change, but hey, maybe you'll convince me ;)

Salamence@ Choice Specs
{Intimidate}
Modest nature (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

SpecsMence. Since nobody uses it anymore, it's less expected, and nobody in their right mind leads with Blissey, so that takes care of that. Anyway, Intimidate hinders physical leads, as well as Ninjask Baton Passers. They can Swords Dance to make up for the Intimidate, but at the cost of being hit by a Flamethrower. Dragon Pulse, Hydro Pump and Flamethrower cover pretty much everything. Draco Meteor is to tear things apart, before switching out.

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
{Water Absorb}
Bold nature (+Defense, -Attack)
EVs: 252 Defense/ 188 HP/ 70 Sp. Attack
Surf
Ice Beam
Wish/ Substitute
Protect/ Baton Pass

Physical wall of sorts, and Wish/ Sub passer. Surf and Ice Beam are standard on Water types. Wish and Protect is a cheap effective combination that can be devastating to Pokemon without stat-boosting, or a form of recovery, best used later on in the game.

Blaziken@ Choice Scarf
{Blaze}
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
EVs: 252 Speed/ 252 Attack/ 6 Defense
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge
Sky Uppercut/ Superpower
ThunderPunch

My favorite Pokemon of all time, and I'm not going to replace it for any monkeys, so don't even suggest it. Flare Blitz gets STAB, and Blaziken doesn't care much about the recoil, sicne it's not going to survive long anyway, and the extra power it packs is well worth it. Stone Edge hits Salamence, as well as other lying, Fire or Bug types. Sky Uppercut gets STAB, but the shaky accuracy is risky. Superpower is usually my choice, since after Blaziken attacks, it usually has to switcdh anyway, and the extra power is helpful, while the stat decreases don't matter if it switches. ThunderPunch is a tool I have found very handy on Blaziken, for a few reasons. First, Gyarados switch-ins. If I recall correctly, it OHKOs it when it switches in, even after Intimidate. Secondly, Starmie is a common switch-in to Blaziken, resisting both of it's STABs. ThunderPunch doesn't OHKO it on the switch-in, but it 2HKOs, and outspeeds non-scarf versions.

Gardevoir@ Leftovers
{Trace}
Modest nature (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
EVs: 252 HP/ 200 Defense/ 58 Sp. Attack
Psychic
Wish
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt

My second favorite Pokemon. This Gardevoir set was sort of made up by me, but has actually worked quite well on Shoddy. Opponents expecting a Will-o-Wisp, will generally switch Heatran in, while I set up a Calm Mind. Wish helps for recovering HP, and wish-passing. Psychic gets STAB, and Thunderbolt provides good coverage. Aside from all that, I'd like to say that Trace, in my opinion, is the best ability in the game. The amount of things it can do is astonishingly helpful. Water Absorb, Flash Fire, Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, Levitate can all give it makeshift immunities, and even boosts to stats, or HP recovery in some situations. Intimidate, Natural Cure, Thick Fat, Immunity, Swift Swim, and many others are also very helpful in aiding Gardevoir.

Electivire@ Expert Belt/ Life Orb
{Motor Drive}
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Defense
ThunderPunch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Cross Chop

To help balance out the number of physical/ special Pokemon. The amount of easy Motor Drvie switch-ins this thing gets is ridiculous. Especially when I switch from Vaporeon. ThunderPunch gets STAB, Ice Punch provides a physical bolt-beam-esque coverage, helping kill off Dragons and Gliscor. Earthquake for Heatran mainly, and other Electric types. Cross Chop for Blissey, other Normal types, as well as Darks and some Steel types.

Blissey@ Leftovers
{Natural Cure}
Bold nature (+Defense, -Attack)
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 6 Sp. Defense
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Aromatherapy
Thunder Wave

Special wall. Seismic Toss is 100 damage per turn. Not too amazing, but it stops it from being taunted, and allows me to shove all of it's EVs into it's defensive stats, as well as having pretty good coverage. Softboiled is obvious for Blissey, allowing it to easily heal up 357 HP per turn. Aromatherapy removes the team's status problems. Thunder Wave slows down opponents, which I've found incredibly helpful to aid the team.

So, there's my team. Rate away, but please use constructive critisicm if you want to criticize. "Lol, use dah Apez" is not helpful.

Avatar and Signiture made by my awesome friend.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First I'd Copy your post and paste it Here in the Rating center http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24060&p=399694#p399694
Then once its safely posted there delete the post as much as possible and leave a sorry note to Mods
If your Going for a special Dragon I'd suggest Latios
Vaporeon looks fine
Glad to see another Monkey Hater :)
Gardvoir could go with signal beam instead of thunder bolt only because You have an advantage on most dark types.

Everything looks OK to me but three Things You should think about
1. When posting a team for rating include wheather or not its doubles
2. Most real competitive battles ban more than one of the same item so either Vaporeon or gardevoir should lose leftovers
3. since technically I'm not an actual rater these are Just suggetions

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24060&start=40 go there to get the team rated.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sorry, not used to this forum, I'll do that. Thanks for the heads up.

Avatar and Signiture made by my awesome friend.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:52 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]