It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:36 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The S S A P M T-Finished Good Job to all who battled! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Rhydon wrote:
I 'ave a question you know how rotom's formes have grass etc...?

And its type stays Elec/Ghost could I count Rotom cut or air as a flying / grass type or only Ghost and elec?

EDIT:

I'd like electric please's :D is light ball Pikachu legit since its till UU on tier...nd low def and hp etc... if it's not I'll have Steel

FC: 0946 8078 2379

Yes you may have electric, and light ball Pikachu is available seeing how its Pikachu's only chance at standing a chance in the competitive battling environment. Also no Rotom is strictly Electric/Ghost type though the forms give it moves like Hydro Pump, its still only Electric Ghost.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rotom doesn't keep its form in a WI-Fi battle, but it might if you're fighting against someone else wth Platinum, I'm not sure. But if i were you, I would check to see if my opponenet was using Platinum; if not, don't use one of its forms.

Image (by Ender)

Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

khoufu wrote:
Rotom doesn't keep its form in a WI-Fi battle, but it might if you're fighting against someone else wth Platinum, I'm not sure. But if i were you, I would check to see if my opponenet was using Platinum; if not, don't use one of its forms.

No the point is no matter what form Rotom is in he will always be a Electric/Ghost type pokemon and nothing else.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OKay if I face someone in a forme with D/P and not Platinum I get a major stat decrease so is it possible if where everyone put their Fc they place what version they'd be usig as Rotom in other formesgets 105 base's and stuff whereas in normal Its 68's nd that.

And Yesh I'm electric :D

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I need to get my wifi working, but if I can I would love to go ghost seeing as my sunnyday team is mostly fire, and it is taken :P

But I love me my ghost, so ghost for me, and I'll get my friend code asap

in addition, can be ban legendary pokemon in general? i find them a bit lame and tacky
if not all how about all that are banned in battle tower?

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nabkov wrote:
I need to get my wifi working, but if I can I would love to go ghost seeing as my sunnyday team is mostly fire, and it is taken :P

But I love me my ghost, so ghost for me, and I'll get my friend code asap

in addition, can be ban legendary pokemon in general? i find them a bit lame and tacky
if not all how about all that are banned in battle tower?

Not all legendary pokemon are suited for OU play. Articuno is a prime example of one, with a 4x weakness to stealth rock a staple in OU teams, he can only afford two switch ins. So I only allow the ones that aren't uber. I will put you down for ghost and tell me ASAP IF YOU DON'T HAVE WIFI AT THE START OF THE TOURNAMENT.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

can we change movesets before battles, and is there a judge who can "ok" our teams before we battle to unsure we aren't breaking rules, whether or not we mean to.

when is the tournament scheduled, because I need to trian up a team, and i don't have an action replay, so i manually train all my pokemon

I will either need to wait for my brother to help me with unlocking the home wifi network, or go to a public place to wifi, so i;ll try at school in a few hours... :P

next, timezones might be a problem as I live in virginia just outside of the DC area, but someone else might live elsewhere, and I am a high school student, so i have that pesky thing blocking me a bit too

thanks!

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Timezones generally aren't an issue unless the people live on opposite sides of the world. If that does happen, I advise you talk with shinashu and try to get something worked out. Or, just battle on the weekend.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah as Penguin said timezones aren't an issue as most of us live in the U.S. and the time differences usually end up being about 1-2 hours apart. As for the movesets you may change them up as many times as you want before the battle and you can change your pokemon as many times as you want before the battle if you have any questions about the legality of your team whether it be their moves or whatever just drop me a message.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have another question:
Dose Species clause prohibit me from having a pre-evolved (i.e. {vigoroth} ) and it's evolved form ( {slaking} ) on the same team?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No species clause prevents {latias} and another {latias} from being on the same team, so {vigoroth} and {slaking} may be on the same team.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Suh-weet!
Ok, one last question;
When is the tournament gonna' start?
I'm still in the process of breeding my team; what date do we need to be ready by?

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kruggeikarp wrote:
Suh-weet!
Ok, one last question;
When is the tournament gonna' start?
I'm still in the process of breeding my team; what date do we need to be ready by?

I was going to have it start today, but I have word from another competitor that they aren't quite ready as well, how much longer do you have until you are ready, I will only extend it by two days at the most.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Meep!
Well, I'm half-way through the breeding, and I'll get the TM's I need this Friday...
With hardcore level-crunching, I can be ready by this weekend.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:40 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

How about assigning the matchups now (since noone else seems to want to sign up) so that the people who are ready can go ahead and get started? I wouldn't be on that list, since I still have to get... one pokey EV trained, two Game Corner TMs, three Frontier TMs, and trade over a bunch of shards from Pearl for tutors, PLUS about 40 levels of powerleveling for levelup moves and evolution. Should be done tonight if I do some srs grinding

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm in about the same spot as EvilPenguin... except add re-breeding one as it's ability is wrong :? Two days or so should be good.

(yaay!! nobody took flying types)

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I can have my team ready by friday, but I can't get my wifi working, so I'm afraid I might have to drop out... :( sorry

my brother comes home may 6th, and he might be able to help, but it is still a might, and it is after the tournament starts, so yeah...

Im out already I'm afraid... I guess remove me from the ghost type...

looking back on it, steel would have been 3p1c... lucario, scizor, bronzong, empoleon, magnezone, Aggron, skarmory, etc... It could have been good, oh well... I hope to see you guys around sometime

-peace

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EvilPenguin wrote:
How about assigning the matchups now (since noone else seems to want to sign up) so that the people who are ready can go ahead and get started? I wouldn't be on that list, since I still have to get... one pokey EV trained, two Game Corner TMs, three Frontier TMs, and trade over a bunch of shards from Pearl for tutors, PLUS about 40 levels of powerleveling for levelup moves and evolution. Should be done tonight if I do some srs grinding

Ok I will get on doing the matchups later today and update them into this post, with the brackets and everything so those who are ready can go ahead and get started.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ya, I'm so xcited!
I have my team almost ready to go, accept I'm trying to decide on my wild card. My first one {charizard} doesn't have great defense so I'm not using her (even though she's shiny). But I sould be ready ina few hours, or whenever the first battles are. And, since the battles are lv 100 battles, I don't have to worryabout moves because all my Dragons are always kept in tip-top shape.

Image (by Ender)

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alright people the brackets are in and this is how it ended up.

This is a reminder on who is who
Fire-shinashu taji
Fighting-Master Chef
Dragon-Khoufu
Bug-Kruggeikarp
Ice- Theolithical
Water-RageAgainstMachine
Dark-Flygon Tamer
Psychic-Evil Penguin
Electric-Rhydon
Ghost-Nabkov
Poison-Registeel_Rocks
Normal-Flaming_Fox

Last edited by shinashu taji on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, so who's fire? I'm available to battle almost any time I'm online, and most of th eitme on the weekends.

Image (by Ender)

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

khoufu wrote:
Ok, so who's fire? I'm available to battle almost any time I'm online, and most of th eitme on the weekends.

I'm Fire and we can battle tomorrow if youd like but I suggest waiting a day or two.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:55 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

For some reason my phone won't let of edit my posts anymore, but I have a new FC and name: Alex 1848 6202 1877

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well... as my past post says, I can't get my wifi working, so i guess registeel wins by default... sorry guys

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

By what day are we to have our battles finished and PM'd to you?

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:43 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next