It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 choice band Pory2 suggestions 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I recently finished my pory2 set to act as a physical attacker + Trickbander.

{porygon2}
Brave @ Choice Band 31/31/31/28/31/16
Download
252HP 236ATK 16DEF
-Return
-Zheadbutt
-Trick
-T-bolt

280 Base Atk
244 Base S.atk

Abusing Download's attack boost and the choice band he can come in with 560 attack, making it's returns slightly stronger than adamant CBTauros and close to a Typical Guts Usaring. Zheadbutt is to hit ghosts, who on average activate the attack boosts and can hit fighting types harder than return if they switch in. If Pory2 comes in on a defensive wall like Skarmory or Forretress he can gain download's S.atk boost to launch T-bolts off of a 362 S.atk stat, giving him great mix attacking potential that other normal attackers lack power behind. Finally he can use trick to disable rest-talkers, Bpchains and other walls.

This set also holds a slight "surprise" factor as the porygon line is known for being a sole special attacking line, heck, pokes with even defenses set def. one point higher just to foil poryZ's s.atk boosts from download.

Overall I'm ok with the set, but I haven't been able to playtest it much recently and want some thoughts on it's moveset. Namely:

Trace vs. Download: Download if fully abused with this set, but Trace is so good it's hard to pass up. and with the CB pory2 still has 420 attack, which is decent.

CB+Trick or LO/Slik scarf+Recover: Power vs. Durability

T-bolt or Discharge/Zap cannon: Mainly on the non-CB option as paralysis helps pory2 much more.

Zheadbutt vs. Thief: Thief hits ghosts(cept Gengar) the same but can be used with trick to mess up items.

Personally I'd like to keep the emphasis on physical attacking. Thanks for suggestions :mrgreen:

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{porygon2}
Adamant @ Chople/Salac/Leppa Berry 31/31/31/28/31/16
Download
252HP 236ATK 16DEF
-Return
-Thief
-Recycle
-Natural Gift
Each berry helps you in some way If eaten but also gives you a fighting NG
Recycle to get your berry back
Thief to steal items
again as i said about download before if it doesn't go you way switch in something that is effective.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:56 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

If you want to use a physical/mixed P2 set, why not use Sharpen? IIRC, a +2 Silk Scarf return can 2HKO some forms of blissey, who often comes in on P2. With Sharpen, you still can boost your attack level even higher too, not to mention that your trickband pory seems like it becomes a bit of a deadweight once it tricks something.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Personally, I like the CB trick P2. It can really mess up any sp. attackers, or walls that gives the rest of your team trouble and force a switch out(or just cripple them).

I'd also like to add in stick with Zen headbutt, as theif is a little too low power.

/vXv\ wrote:
{porygon2}
Adamant @ Chople/Salac/Leppa Berry 31/31/31/28/31/16
Download
252HP 236ATK 16DEF
-Return
-Thief
-Recycle
-Natural Gift
Each berry helps you in some way If eaten but also gives you a fighting NG
Recycle to get your berry back
Thief to steal items
again as i said about download before if it doesn't go you way switch in something that is effective.

... Just no. Good try, but berry-based pokemon are horrible. He wasn't really asking for you to completly change the ms, but to help him decide on certain points to focus on.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:37 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Honestly, I just don't think the trickband idea is great on P2, because an effective tricker has to be able to perform adequately after it tricks, and P2 just can't do it with band. Not to mention that other things can do this better, like the three Steel/Psychics. If you are dead set on using Trick, you might want to try a set of Trick, Return, and two of T-Wave/Discharge/Toxic/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/HP Something (remember to keep synergy), so that P2 can actually help your team after you Trick.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EvilPenguin wrote:
If you want to use a physical/mixed P2 set, why not use Sharpen? IIRC, a +2 Silk Scarf return can 2HKO some forms of blissey, who often comes in on P2. With Sharpen, you still can boost your attack level even higher too, not to mention that your trickband pory seems like it becomes a bit of a deadweight once it tricks something.

Sharpen I tried with initially, but it didn't work as planned. Basically it puts my entire strategy on display before I can get enough power behind it. And Pory2's physical options are easily guessed.

As for trick I completely agree, he's to slow to employ it well and his counters seem to like the band more often than not. Methinks I'll put ice beam/icy wind(for Glisor, Rhyperior) there and keep the band for the moment.

According to the calc a Return off the +1 from download will 2hko the most defensive set of bilssey 148/252 on smogon, doing 380 on average. 505 to the same set with 2 boosts.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:35 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
p2?

why not P-Z? Is it a tier issue or something?

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Better defenses and awesomeness.

EDIT: In the end I'm still not as happy as I could be with this p2, It would be beautiful on a trick room or paralysis based team, but my team is neither.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]