It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:57 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Evolution and Base Stats and... 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

A quick question. Now, if a pokemon eveolves, its stats go up, right? So, I caught a snorunt at level 33. I used a dawn stone, and it evolved. But if i use a dawn stone on a level 1 snorunt, will the lv 1 snorunt be stronger than the one evolved at lv33 once they are both lv100 or will they be equally strong?

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If raised to same level they should have the same stats Because I beleive that once a pokemon evolves It recalculates its stats
To prove this I had breed my Shiny salamence and its offspring (though not Shiny) Had the same IVs, EV and Natures in the Attack stat at level 55

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cactuar wrote:
A quick question. Now, if a pokemon eveolves, its stats go up, right? So, I caught a snorunt at level 33. I used a dawn stone, and it evolved. But if i use a dawn stone on a level 1 snorunt, will the lv 1 snorunt be stronger than the one evolved at lv33 once they are both lv100 or will they be equally strong?

No; they'd be equal (assuming they both have identical EVs and IVs). Once they are at level 100, they'll be equally strong (again, assuming IVs, EVs, and nature matches).

Cactuar wrote:
Now, if a pokemon eveolves, its stats go up, right?

Note: In some cases, stats go down after evolution, for example when a Scyther evolves into a Scizor; Scizor's base speed is smaller than Scyther's.

/vXv\ wrote:
If raised to same level they should have the same stats Because I beleive that once a pokemon evolves It recalculates its stats
To prove this I had breed my Shiny salamence and its offspring (though not Shiny) Had the same IVs, EV and Natures in the Attack stat at level 55

That's interesting...cuz the chance of getting an offspring to have the exact IVs and nature of the parent is very slim, unless you're talking about just the attack stat. But yeah, you're right, stats do get recalculated when a Pokemon evolves.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:46 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]