Heat proof

Protect
Double team
Psych up
Faint Attack

Heres the idea
Claydol and Bronzong alternate protect and there stat rasing move
Each turn Claydol regains HP while Bronzong gets harder to hit
On claydols last Cosmic power Bronzong uses its psych up to get the df stats it loses its Evasion but that can be rasied later
Brozong is extra safe because with a chance of both pokemon having levitate no one would use earth quake, since common strategy is to have claydol with earthquake and of course who would use a Brozong with heat proof with a pokemon that uses earthquake?
Do you think having two mixed walls pair together is a bad idea?

Mon May 11, 2009 8:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This isn't a bad idea but can be stopped by using Haze, Whirlwind their boosts away, Taunt to make it where they can't protect and stat boost. Also in competitive battling evasion clause forbids the use of double team so that wouldn't work out so replace it with Gyro Ball. If this is meant to be used in-game then this should work out quite perfectly.

Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you want, you could run explosion on both of them (I'm like 99% sure that claydol gets it). If either is about to die, you can explode with one, and protect with the other, or just switch in a ghost-type if you've got one on your team.

Claydol-

I guess the your Claydol is good, but I would recommend transfering a few evs from defence to sp. def, as he'll need them when someone uses surf or a decent grass attack.

Bronzong-

1. Replace heatproof with levitate. Even though it can make you a little less predictable, EQ is really common in both OU play and double battles and it gives him the oppertunity to switch in and nullify a predicted earthquake.

2. Replace Faint attack with gyro ball I guess. With a -speed nature(relaxed is +def, - speed) and his horrid base speed combined, you could get a decent STAB'd gyro ball in against some of the faster pokemon that might be giving the rest of your team trouble.

3.No double team, the vast majority of people that know how to Ev train and such always run under the evasion clause, as luck shouldn't have a huge impact on the game. A good alternate to evasion is recovery. Bronzong is blessed with rest, and maintaining his stat boosts through recovery makes him a better wall.

4. Lefties in place of brightpower?

5. Give all/most sp. def Evs in him to def, his sp. def doesn't really need much help. Maybe give him some 50'ish attack evs to give him some fighting potential.

Mon May 11, 2009 12:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First off the Place I'd use this there is no stupid evasion clause and no two of the same item

Bronzong SD and DF are almost equal so It doesn't need EVs in any stat more
and I choose Bold Nature so the same would be true for Claydol.
There defences are within 10 pts of each other

Mon May 11, 2009 2:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

/vXv\ wrote:
First off the Place I'd use this there is no stupid evasion clause and no two of the same item

Nice job on saying that in your origional post. Sorry for not picking up on the fact that you were playing by rules that 99% of decent trainers don't play with.

/vXv\ wrote:
Bronzong SD and DF are almost equal so It doesn't need EVs in any stat more
and I choose Bold Nature so the same would be true for Claydol.
There defences are within 10 pts of each other

For Claydol, I was just using some tips that a few guides recommended, as special attacks are pretty much the best way to kill him. The Bronzong stat part was just me being stupid. Otherwise, enjoy getting hazed.

There's no need to snap on someone for giving you tips that you don't like. Also I made a boo-boo, but the rest of what I said shouldn't be regarded as a nonsense, Khoufu, post.

Mon May 11, 2009 3:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The question I have to ask is: once you wall up then how are you going to proceed? No EV'd claydol has rather low s.atk and Bronzong will do less with faint attack. If your idea is stalling give claydol toxic and give them both sandstorm support to sap at the opponent's HP, Gyro ball off a brave bronzong is the best attack you can give him.

Also Haze, roar, taunt, etc. all stop this.

Mon May 11, 2009 4:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Sorry for not picking up on the fact that you were playing by rules that 99% of decent trainers don't play with.

Battle frontier uses that rule, and so does the World championship.
Oh yes and thanks to PP Max I can use that strategy up to 3 times before protect runs out.

This two would be feelers able to last long enough to get a sense of the opponents strategy.

Mon May 11, 2009 6:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

/vXv\ wrote:

Battle frontier uses that rule, and so does the World championship.
Everything goes in in-game, as for the world championships that's only for the regionals, I'll bet my Kingdra every tourney above will employ evasion clause. (It's even in PBR's rules)

/vXv\ wrote:
This two would be feelers able to last long enough to get a sense of the opponents strategy.

"Sit and Wait" strategies don't work too well in pokemon. With your own side doing no damage the opponent is just going to stat up to nullify cosmic power's boosts and OHKO bronzong when luck fails. or they'll simply p/haze your walls out once they set up their strategies. Toxic, Haze and explosion are very useful tools to remedy this.

/vXv\ wrote:
since common strategy is to have claydol with earthquake

Claydol is know for it's utility,tanking and much more used and useful special attack movepool. Physical sets are on the rare side

Tue May 12, 2009 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]