It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Shuckle 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have a Shuckle on my battleing team. I want to know what moves I should to give it.

I've been playing around with it and I'm not really happy with it's moves. Can I get some help with Shuckle or a suggestion on a Pokemon I could replace it with?

PS: Ty all :)

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shuckle can be an amazing pokemon as long as you use it correctly.

You can go with the standard Shuckle which is

252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
Encore
Rest
Toxic/Stealth Rock
Knock Off/Stealth Rock

Is usually the standard one the idea is to just Toxic stall them to death while they switch out they accumulate Stealth Rock damage. This set can be boosted by the effect of Sandstorm because not only are most pokemon losing Leftovers recovery Shuckle gets a Special Defense boost as well because he is part rock.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24048

^ tis a recent thread about shuckle, may give you some ideas as well.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

A friend of mine loves using this annoying moveset for the battle tower (And for me. I've banned him from using it on me ever again).

He plays on the fact Shuckle has high defense and his moves are: Wrap, Toxic, bide and rest. He calls it a battle tower special, along with leftovers. Can substitute one attack with sandstorm if you want to last it out.

This works for Wi-fi battles and against other real people, but you might not become popular with it. Useless against steel pokemon.

Hope this helps! (He gave me permission to share).

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Seth Sandstorm wrote:
A friend of mine loves using this annoying moveset for the battle tower .

Actually any poke with rest can counter that set. (or any natural cure/posion immune poke with decent recovery) Bide isn't a good move to use against other human players unless it's paired with encore or wrap/SR, even then shuckles low HP/godly def make the actual output from bide fairly low.

My personal fav for a stand alone shuckle is:

{shuckle}
+def -s.atk. Leftovers
252HP 200DEF 56S.def
-toxic
-sandstorm/Encore w/ sandstream support
-rest
-knock off/gyro ball/Bug bite

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would say:

{shuckle} -Leftovers/Chesto berry

-Power trick
-Gyro ball
-Rest
-Toxic

thats what i'er reckon!

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
The only problem with a power trick Shuckle is that it can't take a hit. They hit you, you use power trick, they hit you again, you die because your defenses now suck so much.

If you really want to pull off power trick shuckle, Trick Room support is nice because then you outspeed everything. Focus Sash wouldn't hurt either to make sure you don't die on the turn they attack you.

Shuckle @ Focus Sash
252 HP/ 208 Def/ 48 SpD (standard EV Spread)
~Power Trick
~Earthquake (I think he can learn that...)
~Gyro Ball
~Toxic

Anything with a priority move will destroy you, but that's your best shot at an offensive Shuckle. Rest is pointless because at that point, his defences are so low that he'll die in his sleep. Toxic can force something to switch and gives you something to do if Power Tricking doesn't work.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:58 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MasterChef wrote:
Seth Sandstorm wrote:
A friend of mine loves using this annoying moveset for the battle tower .

Actually any poke with rest can counter that set. (or any natural cure/posion immune poke with decent recovery) Bide isn't a good move to use against other human players unless it's paired with encore or wrap/SR, even then shuckles low HP/godly def make the actual output from bide fairly low.

True but while you're sleeping, it will heal itself and then start again so it becomes an unbreakable loop. Unless you have snore or sleep talk. However this then robs you of 2 move spaces which might leave you at a disadvantage.

Any offensive moves actually which would work? I know this thread is for how to make shuckle have a good moveset but it's also good to know what counters the moveset you use.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:15 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Unless it's power tricking, any offensive moves on shuckle that do nothing to the foe aside from damaging it are next to useless, since the damage output is so low. Use moves that will somehow hinder the opponent, such as Knock Off to make it lose its item. Otherwise, its mostly a waste of a moveslot.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

1. Shuckle should never be used outside of a Sandstorm team. Nobody should ever use the move Sandstorm, because Hippo or Tar are going to be nearby.
2. Power Trick Shuckle is perhaps the worst gimmick ever; even in Trick Room, you lose to priority moves (Scizor, anyone?).
3. Shuckle can't use Gyro Ball effectively, because he can't damage anything.
4. That being said, he needs Knock Off so he's not completely shut down by Taunt.
5. Chesto Berry? No. Shuckle often needs to Rest more than once while it is stalling, so you might as well use Leftovers.
6. What counters Shuckle? Steels. They are immune to poison. Scizor and Lucario get a supereffective Bullet Punch, Metagross gets Meteor Mash, Magnezone gets Flash Cannon. He's also incredibly weak to Blissey (Seismic Toss, Bliss uses Natural Cure to heal poison), as well as anything that can Taunt and Toxic him.
7. EvilPenguin is correct. Knock Off is pretty much the only damaging move Shuckle needs, and it's very underrated. Skarm loses his Shed Shell, opening up an opportunity for Magnezone to trap him. Luke loses his Life Orb. Suddenly, he can't OHKO something important. Heatran loses his Shuca Berry. You get the point. Any other damaging move on Shuckle is useless.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:17 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My suggestion would be to maximaze the Attack of an Adamant Shuckle with Protiens. Then, when you use Power Trick, it won't be defenceless. The other 3 moves would be Gyro Ball, Earthquake, and Toxic.
{shuckle}

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
My suggestion would be to maximaze the Attack of an Adamant Shuckle with Protiens. Then, when you use Power Trick, it won't be defenceless.

Max attack for shuckle is 130, still not enough to do damage and still way to low to take hits after power swap.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MasterChef wrote:
Mektar wrote:
My suggestion would be to maximaze the Attack of an Adamant Shuckle with Protiens. Then, when you use Power Trick, it won't be defenceless.

Max attack for shuckle is 130, still not enough to do damage and still way to low to take hits after power swap.

Although in a double battle, if you get a Pokemon with 'Power Swap' and use it on Shuckle you can give it a strong attack. Straight afterwards, use power swap on one of you opponent's Pokemon and give that the weak attack of Shuckle.

If not in a double battle, then consider doing the proteins thing, and then in battle switch in a Pokemon with belly drum so its attack is raised fully. Then use baton pass to pass the improvements on. Alternatively, combine it with both and you might be able to get a Shuckle which can deal good damage and be defensive too, along with a weakened opposing Pokemon.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:25 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Power swap exchanges stat boosts/drops, not the actual stat. Also when using power trick, atk. boosts stay atk and def boost stay def. so shuckles def will still be crap.

In the other shuckle thread I posted earlier I posted a Curse BP chain that will allow a somewhat workable power trick set, but even then all power trick sets are quite gimmicky.

Also no pokemon get belly drum+baton pass aside from smergle, who isn't going to live long enough w. belly drums 50% knock + his speed to pull off said BP chain.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

lol thank you guys also im making up my team and i needed a good shuckle :p

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]