Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Just wondering, what is a "good" stat amount at level 100? I mean like
Terrible-<__
poor-__to__
fair-__to__
good-__to__
excelent->__

If there's already a topic like this, please redirect me.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:22 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It depends on the pokemon. For instance, Bronzong has really low speed, but that's why it has such a strong Gyro Ball and why it's so great on trick room teams. Pokemon with the ability Intimidate like Salamence, Gyarados, and Staraptor can get away somewhat with having a rather subpar Defense stat. Medicham has a pathetic base Attack stat - Base 60, which usually maxes out at a score of 240, but thanks to its ability Pure Power, it actually reach a Attack score of 480. You'd need base 169 to reach that total, something only Deoxys-Attack can boast.

In general, though, for (Sp.)Attack and (Sp.)Defense the following base stats are standard benchmarks:
Terrible - 1-60
Poor - 61-85
Mediocre - 86-95
Good - 96-110
Great - 111-130
Fantastic - 131+

HP is generally the same; however a base HP of 100 is a magic number because the pokemon with that stat or higher can make 101 HP Substitutes. That is significant because it means that pokemon who use the moves Seismic Tossed or Night Shade (most notably Blissey) will never be able to break your Subs in one hit, allowing you to set up, have a safety shield for a fragile sweeper, etc.

Speed is kind of weird to gauge because its so clearcut - you either outspeed your foe or you don't. As such, there are several important benchmark Speed base stats, to allow you to beat out certain important threats. Some of the most notable ones are base 78 (to beat Heatran), base 86 (to beat Heracross), and base 101 (to beat the plethora of pokemon who hang out around the 90-100 tier, notable mentions go to Salamence, Flygon, Lucario, Electivire, Porygon-Z, and Gliscor)

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Here's a speed tier chart that shows important numbers for a lot of OU/BL pokes, it's a good guide if you want to outspeed a specific threat/group.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really don't understand that site. For instance, I have a lv. 100 swellow, jolly nature, 252 attack 252 spd 4 sdef.
HP:259|ATK:263|DEF:129|SATK:103|SDEF:124|SPD:376 physical sweeper.

Are its stats good, bad, average,etc.?

Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

superbird wrote:
I really don't understand that site. For instance, I have a lv. 100 swellow, jolly nature, 252 attack 252 spd 4 sdef.

All the speed numbers listed there are with a assumed max IV(31) in speed, so your swellow should have a 24IV for it's speed stat. 24 is ok, personally speed should be almost always a 31, as it has the biggest need to hit a precise number.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

superbird wrote:

If you're EV training good nature pokemon in game (as opposed to on shoddy), you can only really judge the IVs. Although a perfect IV is ideal, an IV of 24 may be acceptable depending on the time investment of your opponent in getting good IV pokemon for his/her team.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]