Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Gain EVs without Leveling up! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Till now the only way to recive EVs in DPP was to level up
But I have discovered a way to get your stat boost with out lvl up
Its Easy as Vitamins and Berries!
But wait theres more to it than that
First EV train your poke till you have enough EVs in the choosen stats leaving at least 1 EV remaining that a total of 509 EVs (for best results use a larger buffer zone like 10) then used a vitamin or reducing berryand all EVs and stats will be recalculated!
Now if you want to use that lvl 50 Azelf in a lvl 50 tortment and can't risk Lvling up Battle these lvl 15 or lower EV givers

HP - bidoof and kricketot @ night on route 202

SP - Starly route 201 most common @ day or Old rod magikarp

AT - get a fainted pichu in front to rasie chance of finding shinx on route 202

DF - geodude Oreburg gate upstairs/ platnium orberg coal mine Onix and geodude

SA - Eturnea forest Budew (diamond players can also find beatifly But beware It gives much more exp) @ day/ morning/platnuim ravanged path psyduck

SD - Pearl players can find Dustox and misdrevus in eturnea forest @ night, However Diamond/platnium players have it harder tentaool appear at random levels 5-40 when surfing on deep water on routes 205 and 218 so be careful, dustox can be found in plat but its still only 4% chance of finding it

Also to lower EXP gain give EXP share to another poke in your poke And it will half exp gain it will also get EVs gain for the battle.

{crobat}

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

/vXv\ wrote:
First EV train your poke till you have enough EVs in the choosen stats leaving at least 1 EV remaining that a total of 509 EVs (for best results use a larger buffer zone like 10) then used a vitamin or reducing berryand all EVs and stats will be recalculated!

If using berries forces a recalculation of all stats, that would be an amazing way to train pokemon. The extra 2 EVs out of 510 can be used as the buffer.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

well I know the vitamins recalculate all stats but i'm not 100% sure about berries I'm only 80% sure

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:39 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

If I understand this correctly, what you are saying to do is to EV train as normal to the usual 508 limit, then either use a vitamin in a stat you haven't maxed out in, or add the last two into a stat without any EVs and use the berry. Or am I missing something?

I'd actually be willing to test this if you can confirm that thats what you do.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have 100% tested the vitamins, But the berries are just an educated guess.
You do have to have free EVs to use Vitamins, once I had over trained one so I used a berry then a vitamin but i didn't check the stats before and after the berry only after the vitamin.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EvilPenguin wrote:
If I understand this correctly, what you are saying to do is to EV train as normal to the usual 508 limit, then ... add the last two into a stat without any EVs and use the berry.

Yes, that is correct. If it works, that would allow for EV training lv100 pokemon through berries.

/vXv\ wrote:
I have 100% tested the vitamins, But the berries are just an educated guess.

If that's the case, then EV training at lv100 is possible by using a vitamin to add 2 EVs to an unused stat (at 508/510 EVs). That should have the added benefit of getting an Effort Ribbon.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'll test this next time I test breed a poke, (has a friend who can rare candy level me)

Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I just attempted to test this but I may have done something incorrectly... :?

I took my level 100 Zapdos from a time when I didn't even know what EV training was and eliminated all of his EVs with the EV reducing berries left over from my berry-growing stage. I looked at his stats and confirmed that they had decreased. For the sake of time, I quickly defeated Fisherman Andrew and Cowgirl Shelly while my Zapdos was holding the appropriate Power items. After defeating enough Magikarp and Bidoof to gain 252 EVs in the corresponding stats, I used an iron on Zapdos. Its defense went up 2 points, but nothing happened to its speed or HP. I then fed it the EV reducing berry to counter the iron. The defense stat dropped 2 points, but once again no other changes occurred. I promptly shut off my DS without saving.

Afterwards, I eliminated the EVs on my level 86 Clefable with berries, and re-EVed her on Andrew and Shelly. Upon defeating a Shinx and feeding her an attack EV reducing berry, her HP and Speed stats both dramatically increased. Once again, I shut my DS off. So, it seems the berries work on non-level 100s. Upon looking back on the posts, /vXv\ never even mentioned level 100s...

I might have misinterpreted something along the way, but it doesn't seem you can use berries to EV train level 100s. This would be because the only way to gain EVs is through gaining experience or through iron, calcium, etc. Since a level 100 can't gain experience, it doesn't gain EVs from the Pokemon it defeats. The vitamins do increase EVs on level 100s, and the berries can be used to rid the EVs, but this would only allow you to re-allocate the EVs with a maximum of 100 per stat, which is hardly EV training.

If I did something wrong along the way for whatever reason, please let me know and I will gladly re-test this.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

SanFe wrote:
/vXv\ never even mentioned level 100s...

Yeah, but it's really the only notable use if this worked, which it doesn't seem to. Although it's great for people who need to keep their pokes at lv50 for nintendo events.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

well I checked a level 100 and No ev gain
I think it has to gain exp in order to gain EVs.
But it does work for Competitive battles

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]