Is It Considered Legit Enough?
Yes 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Maybe 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 8

Is It Considered Legit Enough? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If someone made a Pokemon with PokeSAV with legit Base Stats, Ability and Moveset but having max DVs on all Stats and max EVs on two Stats... Is it considered legit enough to be used for battles?

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As long as everything is within legal parameters it's "legal". But I have to say no for two reasons

1. It's kinda cheap for everything to be max IV, at least outside shoddy.

2. From people I've battled with pokesav generated pokes, you can't upload the battle to the GTS due to "something wrong with recipient's pokemon" Which kinda sucks :?

Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

MasterChef wrote:
As long as everything is within legal parameters it's "legal". But I have to say no for two reasons

1. It's kinda cheap for everything to be max IV, at least outside shoddy.

2. From people I've battled with pokesav generated pokes, you can't upload the battle to the GTS due to "something wrong with recipient's pokemon" Which kinda sucks :?
I thought people are meant to be prepared in facing the best of the bests? Why would you be sitting there hoping that someone having weaknesses in their Pokemon's stats rather than being prepared for if their stats were max?

And what do you mean by No. 2?

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Like MasterChef said, what you listed was "technically" legal. However, for you to gain 31 IVs in all stats so easily through pokesav when breeders have to spend days or weeks to get the IVs they want isn't really fair.

Legal and legitimate really aren't the same thing either, or at least in my opinion. "Legitimate" means (to me) that all the work in getting the Pokemon was done without the use of pokesav, action replay, etc. "Legal" simply refers to that it abides by the game play laws.

Yes, your Pokemon is legal and you can use it in battles. If you're battling other pokesav teams then there's really not a problem, but if you're battling someone who actually did the work in catching/breeding/raising then the issue of "fairness" could be brought up. If you want to battle someone else that hacks, then by all means go ahead. If you want to battle someone that doesn't hack, at least tell him/her the ways you hacked and let him/her decide if he/she wants to battle regardless.

So, yes, your Pokemon is legal. No, I personally wouldn't call it legit.

No one here can tell you that you can't cheat. If you want to, go ahead. It would be “nice” to at least warn the people you battle ahead of time that you did hack and in which ways you did so. Maybe I'm just being too naive though. Meh.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Considering the chances of getting 31 IVs in all stats - most people who IV breed go for a good IV in a few important stats - anyone who looked at your pokemon's stats could conclude that it is not legit.

However, the EVs are legit.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Winson wrote:
[I thought people are meant to be prepared in facing the best of the bests? Why would you be sitting there hoping that someone having weaknesses in their Pokemon's stats rather than being prepared for if their stats were max?

I agree, as SanFe said it's technically legal, but to those who breed IV's/ Don't have access to pokesav or 3rd party programs it's a slight kick in the shins to the fairness of the battle(s).

Within the thousand+ or so eggs I've hatched I nor anyone I know has ever gotten perfect IVs. only once have I gotten a poke with 5 perfect IV's {drapion} and 4 31IVs is tedious, but not terribly hard to obtain.

Winson wrote:

In platinum when you battle others, afterwards you can save the video and post it on wi-fi. However if either party has hacked or pokesav'd pokes, the server will recognize them and fail to post the video.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

SanFe wrote:
Like MasterChef said, what you listed was "technically" legal. However, for you to gain 31 IVs in all stats so easily through pokesav when breeders have to spend days or weeks to get the IVs they want isn't really fair.

Legal and legitimate really aren't the same thing either, or at least in my opinion. "Legitimate" means (to me) that all the work in getting the Pokemon was done without the use of pokesav, action replay, etc. "Legal" simply refers to that it abides by the game play laws.

Yes, your Pokemon is legal and you can use it in battles. If you're battling other pokesav teams then there's really not a problem, but if you're battling someone who actually did the work in catching/breeding/raising then the issue of "fairness" could be brought up. If you want to battle someone else that hacks, then by all means go ahead. If you want to battle someone that doesn't hack, at least tell him/her the ways you hacked and let him/her decide if he/she wants to battle regardless.

So, yes, your Pokemon is legal. No, I personally wouldn't call it legit.

No one here can tell you that you can't cheat. If you want to, go ahead. It would be “nice” to at least warn the people you battle ahead of time that you did hack and in which ways you did so. Maybe I'm just being too naive though. Meh.
I thought 'Legal' and 'Legit' meant the same thing. XD There are many people who used PokeSAV nowadays, that's how you can see many Shiny Pokemon around. I got many Dialga from GTS that's most likely been made from PokeSAV.

MasterChef wrote:
Winson wrote:
[I thought people are meant to be prepared in facing the best of the bests? Why would you be sitting there hoping that someone having weaknesses in their Pokemon's stats rather than being prepared for if their stats were max?

I agree, as SanFe said it's technically legal, but to those who breed IV's/ Don't have access to pokesav or 3rd party programs it's a slight kick in the shins to the fairness of the battle(s).

Within the thousand+ or so eggs I've hatched I nor anyone I know has ever gotten perfect IVs. only once have I gotten a poke with 5 perfect IV's {drapion} and 4 31IVs is tedious, but not terribly hard to obtain.

Winson wrote:

In platinum when you battle others, afterwards you can save the video and post it on wi-fi. However if either party has hacked or pokesav'd pokes, the server will recognize them and fail to post the video.
I caught a Suicune in FireRed with 4 Stats having 0 IVs, that's very unlucky of me...

How Not-Legit are the Pokemon you battled against? All Shinies or...?

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Winson wrote:
I caught a Suicune in FireRed with 4 Stats having 0 IVs, that's very unlucky of me...

Ouch >.<,

To my knowledge at least, everyone I've battled with who have said they pokesav'd have been non-shiny and within legal EV/IV limits. From what I hear pokesav doesn't perfectly "make" a pokemon, and the few trash bits of data conflict with the made poke and that's why the GTS rejects them.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

MasterChef wrote:
Winson wrote:

Ouch >.<,

To my knowledge at least, everyone I've battled with who have said they pokesav'd have been non-shiny and within legal EV/IV limits. From what I hear pokesav doesn't perfectly "make" a pokemon, and the few trash bits of data conflict with the made poke and that's why the GTS rejects them.
How bout we try having a 1 on 1 battle with a PokeSAV Pokemon I traded for? It looks very legit-looking to me... Just a friendly random battle, then afterwards, try to upload the video... I don't know how it works, since I haven't finish my Platinum yet... So I'll be using my Diamond to battle you instead...

Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sure, I'll be using Platinum so I'll be able to save and upload the video even if you use diamond. Wed-Sat nights EST I should be able to get on with little problem. FC in siggy.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Max IVs is possible, but it is so rare that i would not let someone use it against me. (Except on shoddy)
Its similar to shinies, there is such a rare chance to get a legit one that i really dislike anyone who hacks them.

And you think 4 IVs at 0 is bad, try getting a Raikou with 5 :(
And Chef you had better beat him...I don't like..hackers...

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cactuar wrote:
Chef you had better beat him...I don't like..hackers...

You know to be quite honest I'm not 100% legit either. Everything I do with breeding, ditto catching, egg moves, EVing and such I do completely legit, but I have taken a few of my pokes to a friend's game to rare candy level them as well as learn moves I can't get TMs for (and a few tutor moves pre-US platinum)

Yes, I know **shock** but hunting down un-re obtainable TM's got really old after the 5th/10th one,

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I agree with you, that's legit enough for me. Me having all the 4th gen games its pretty easy to get TMs. Or you can clone (I consider glitches legit.)

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]