Item:Life Orb
Nature:+Spa-Atk
Evs:4speed 252spa 252hp
Moves:
Calm mind
Energy Ball/Thunder
Psyshock/Psychic
HP fighting

HP fighting gets rid of nasty darktypes such as Ttar and the not so common Bisharp. calm mind is just demonicly good on a reuniclus putting its spa i 600s after just one go. I would recomend energy ball just because its more unexpected and the spdef lower helps especialy because Thunder never hits for me. Psy shock is also recomended because a spdef counter is a more likely swichin than a lets say aggron type Def. One last thing... Send in after a baton passed speed boost from ninjask. just turns this thing godly.

NOW ENTER... mudkips shop of mudkipness... kidding i dont has a shop but i can do sprite combos and recolors (see mah sprite for combo refrence) just pm me

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I've been working on an odd Darmanitan set lately:

Darmanitan
Jolly @ life orb
Sheer force
4atk 252def 252speed
-Flare Blitz
-Rock slide
-Brick break
-Sunny day

-Sweeper/Weather counter

Firstly that's not a typo, it's fully invested in def. This allows Darmanitan to still sweep while tanking enough to survive some revenge kills and continue it's push until recoil takes him out. Flare Blitz off of 317 attack with a instant 1.63 boost is still very deadly, most notably it goes from 2hkoing standard Gliscor to Barely 2hkoing if toxic orb isn't active switching in or SR is up. Likewise the same Gliscor can only do about 66% with EQ.

Rock slide is recoil-less coverage move, Brick Break OHKO's Ttar while still surviving a Scarfed EQ and 2hkos Heatran, which only 252atk w/ superpower and +nature w/ hammer arm can OHKO, but either move heavily interrupts a sweep.

Sunny day is kinda a filler, but outspeeding most non-Swim waters can allow him to use S.day and survive most waterfalls and surfs, then strike back with a +1 flare blitz, rock slide or switch to another poke to abuse the sun or water resist.

It can also surprisingly take on all but scarf Politoed, as outspeeding and setting S.day up greatly hinders it. Even modest spec'd surf only does 72% in the sun while +1 flare Blitz will do 83-98% if the frog stays in, it'll more likely run to set drizzle up later, leaving a large hole in the switch in.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

An anti-weather lead Dragonite I've made:

Dragonite @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 168 Atk / 164 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Brick Break
- Earthquake / Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

In OU it's very common to see Weather Inducer leads, and this Dragonite's goal is to take them out ahead of time. Brick Break 2HKOs the standard 252/0 Tyranitars. Earthquake 2HKOs 252/0 Ninetales, and even gets it under 75% so it won't be able to get a Substitute up. (But watch out for Air Balloon variants! In that case Outrage could be used to 2HKO, or just for the raw power in general). Ice Beam 2HKOs 252/0 Hippowdons. Thunder 2HKOs even 252/0 Politoeds, while Dragonite barely survives even a max power Ice Beam (thank you Multiscale!). I haven't done the calcs for Abomasnow with Brick Break, but I think it does a good hit. Besides, they're not very common these days...

If you haven't guessed yet, the EVs are somewhat complicated. 168 Atk 2HKOs Ninetales with Earthquake, 164 SpA 2HKOs Hippowdons with Ice Beam, and 176 Spe with a Choice Scarf and Hasty nature outruns Scarf Politoed.

Edit: Slightly messed up on the speed EVs. Also added other comments.
Another edit: It appears I :censored: 's up again as Superpower is illegal with Multiscale.

Last edited by Shuckle-rock$ on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
168 Atk 2HKOs Ninetales with Earthquake,

What about air balloon variants?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MasonTheChef wrote:
Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
168 Atk 2HKOs Ninetales with Earthquake,

What about air balloon variants?

Ugh I forgot all about that...

And double Ugh for screwing up the speed EVs. :( I'll try to get an updated version later...

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Here's one. Seems unique enough.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
-Fling
-Swords Dance

With this set, you can Swords Dance on the first turn to boost your Attack, while you wait for the Toxic Orb to kick in. Gliscor's natural bulk should be able to take a couple of hits, so on the next turn, Fling to rid yourself of the Toxic Orb and badly poison your opponent in the process. Now, with your item relieved, pull off an incredibly-strong STAB Acrobatics, or a hard-hitting STAB Earthquake.

I'm not entirely sure if this set would work out, but critique is greatly appreciated!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Down in the UU and RU tiers, I developed a need for a Scarfed Fire type that's not name Arcanine. After relentlessly searching for a good Pokemon, I found this:

Entei-Pressure
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Choice Scarf-Adamant
Flare Blitz
ExtremeSpeed
Stone Edge
Hidden Power (Ice)

Flare Blitz and Stone Edge together get decent coverage. Most people say,"Why would you use a priority move on a Scarf user!? Blah blah blah..." What if you're up against a faster Scarf user? Or are threatened by priority not named Bullet Punch? ExtremeSpeed has +2 this gen and is a wonderful addition to Entei's tiny movepool as well as getting the jump on a weakened Azumarril's (or Basculin) Aqua Jet.

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

heres one I have used on PO.
:Togetic@evolite
lv:100
ability: Serene Grace
nature: calm
200 DF/200 SPdf/108 HP
-wish
-protect
-seismic toss
-Substitute/Toxic/Yawn

it was fun to use because of the reaction that I would get when my Togetic would slowly KOed them.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is a teamset I used to sweep the double train through to the boss in White. I find it generally amusing?
{Volcarona}
Item:Wise Glasses
Heatwave
Hurricane
Morning Sun
Sunny Day

{Reuniclus}
Ability:Overcoat
Item:Toxic Orb
Recover
Trick
Rain Dance
Thunder

The point is the surprise toxic poisoning and item-theft coupled with changing weather between sun and rain for either Thunder/Hurricane spams or Heatwave/Morning sun OP's

Since overcoat prevents damage from poisoning, the toxic orb on Reuniclus does absolutely nothing until tricked away onto both opponents.((Edit:Odd, when poisoned by an enemy(was in WIFI) Reuniclus took no poison damage, but the toxic orb did damage him two battles later(also in WIFI)))
(Not to mention, I've yet to see many self-healing Volcarona these days, too many people going for raw offense imho)

What lies beyond the furthest reaches of the sky?
That which will guide the lost child back to her mother's arms. Exile.
The waves that flow and dye the land gold.
The blessed breath which nurtures life. A land of wheat.
The path the angels descend upon.
The path of great winds. The Grand Stream.
What lies in the furthest depths of one's memory?

The place where all are born and where all will return. A blue star.

Last edited by Rayquaza1990 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ive recently came up with 2 movesets for Ferrothorn, The first, I believe Ive already posted in some form, But is a re-tweak of my original curse ferrothorn:

Brave nature
252 Hp/252 Att/ 4 Def
RockyHelemt/Shed skin

Curse
Gyroball
Powerwhip
Payback/explosion

Ive been planning on making a curse Ferrothorn for a while ( i actually finally managed to start the process). Ive been looking into movesets for ferrothorn and have found that my curse set idea, is basically a minor re-tweak of a choice set. Anyways, the idea here is set up a couple of curses, hence lowering the speed of ferrothorn, while also increasing his attack/Def. This makes Gyroball even more deadly. Powerwhip is his other stab move. Payback is to return some of the damage Ferrothron receives (I think payback works here because of the Speed and attack he'll have), Explosion is an option if you just want to end it. Rocky helmet works with iron barbs, making physical attackers think twice, and shed skin is for an emergency exit.

The other one I came up with, seems rather odd, but i think would throw someone completely off guard:

Adamant nature
252hp/ 252 Att/ 4 spd
Kings rock/rocky helmet

Leech seed
Iron head
Bulldoze
Rock polish

The idea with this one is to set up leech seed, then get off a few rock polishes. Probably wont make him the fastest thing out there, but it will at least give him the chance to move first. Iron head for the flinch (Hence the kings rock to increase that) and Bulldoze for Fire types. Rocky Helmet if you prefer. Of course this doesn't really offer much type coverage, but it would be interesting to see it in action.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A hax-abuse set I've been running recently

(Weavile) @ King's Rock
Pressure
252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Ice Punch/Shard
- Low Kick
- Substitute/Reflect

Beat up's new mechanics make it quite usable this gen, it takes the user's base attack, and performs a STAB dark hit based on each pokes base attack /10+5 So Weavile's hit is a 17 base power hit. For example it's power on my current team is (17,13,13,12,11,11=77) base total for pokes with 125,95,95,80,65,60 base attacks. Each hit gets an 10% flinch chance from King's rock, making a total of ~53% flinch rate. Ice punch/low kick is standard filler, though Shard is better for Venusaur and scarfers. Sub is useful for scouting and buffing a hit while you flinch spam the opponent. EVs are placed in Def so Weavile can make 4 subs and survive with 1HP.

Of course running Hitmontop/Azumarril is also a must to avoid the fun scenario of Scarf Terrakion getting it's +6 Justified boost, though Terra is KO'd by low kick after taking beat up.

Note: In PO Beat up goes off Weavile's 17BP hit for all hits which is a bug, but if Weavile is hit by status in PO it will lose a hit from beat up, while in game Weavile's hit will hit regardless so the move will never fail to work.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is a fun one that works with A krookidile {I played through B/W With it and it was lvl64 at ghetsis and everthing else was lvl50ish}

Krookidile-Any good nature
-earthquake-
-swagger-
-Foul play-
-outrage-

works basically on ANYTHING.
:twisted:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A set I've been using not to different from the old post above

Amoonguss
Bold 252HP 248Def 8Spd
Regenerator @ Black Sludge
-Spore
-Swagger
-Giga drain
-Foul play

Defensive Amoonguss is a great buffer to many physical threats in OU such as Latios,Landrous,Dragonite,Chomp,Mence,Breloom and Gyara. threatening most out with it's 100% accurate spore. The combo w/ swagger works quite well alongside it, allowing both a double status threat but also tripping up pokes that are statused hoping to switch in to block spore/stay in after spore. Foul play comes next, hitting hard anything after the +2 attack boost barring Chansey. Even without the boost it will still do a fair amount to many of the above mons, but along with a +2 confusion damage the combo will KO any of the above while Amoonguss can survive most assaults at +2 from the same pokes. Giga drain is filler, but the recovery is helpful and makes him a great counter to Gastrodon and non-trick Rotom-W.

As per most Amoonguss, this set is set-up bait to most Sub users, but a swagger on a switch-in will allow hit to break subs via foul play, but phaze support is still needed. As well as something to buffer strong special hits from fire/ice/psychic/flying pokes is needed (Heatran)

EVs are standard but the 8 speed is there to outpace other base 30's like other Amoonguss,Slowbro and will outspeed paralyzed +1 Dragonite/Gyarados to hinder them with a paraconfusion.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A set I've been running in the VGCs.

Cresselia w/Levitate @Light Clay
Bold Nature
252HP, 148Def, 108SpDef
Light Screen
Reflect
Icy Wind
Trick Room/Swagger

Basically, this is a VGC edition of a Deoxys-D I've used on PO. Dual Screens isn't very common on VGC, so it often comes as a surprise. Trick Room helps me cancel enemy Rooms (since Cresselia can't run Taunt like Deoxys) or to quickly slow enemies when Icy Wind isn't fast enough.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{articuno} Sharp Beak/ Nevermeltice
-Mind Reader
-Sheer Cold
-Ice Beam
-Aerial Ace

This is one awesome moveset, if you don't get hit by rock attack before you use Sheer Cold.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've been using this Gliscor for the last few months or so. It has completely blown me away as a sweeper.

Gliscor
Poison Heal @ Flying Gem
92HP 252Atk 164Speed
-Agility
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics

Plays similar to DoubleDance Terrakion and Landorus-I but trades in immediate power for a much increased stability. 267 speed is enough to outpace max Breloom and after a Agility it will outspeed Choice 110's and most variants or Chlorophyll Venusaur. Agility w/ the gem boosted Acrobatics can take out a good few checks to Gliscor.

Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 273-322 (104.59 - 123.37%)
Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 288-339 (95.68 - 112.62%)
Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tornadus: 318-375 (106.35 - 125.41%)
Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 476-564 (117.82 - 139.6%)
Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 72 HP / 4 Def Venusaur: 554-654 (173.66 - 205.01%)

Likewise Pushing an SD on Gliscor make him capable of running through just about any poke in OU bar Skarmony and Balloon Tran/Zone with the gem and backup from Earthquake.

Switching in and setting Gliscor up is pretty easy due to the immunity from EQ/Spikes/T-wave/Volt Switch/Toxic, surprise value of most Gliscor being defensive, and difficulty to stall or revenge. Sub/Protect Gliscor and the pink blobs lacking Ice Beam are pure set-up bait. Agility outpaces all common scarfers and CS Ditto is largely ineffective due to the item dropping Acro's power.

Ice shard and Aqua jet are the largest checks, although he is much more capable of surviving these then Landorus-I and lacks the mach/bullet punch weakness of Terrakion.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ah, that is a very Nice Gliscor, I expecially like the Ev spread. The Gliscor I have has 128 HP and 128 Speed, And I do find it lacking a bit in the speed end. I Might try and steal your spread. The one thing that bugs me about your set, is that you need to rely on opponent to poison you for your ability to activate. Other than that, its an awesome set, and would not want to be the one facing it.

(On a completely unrelated note, can anyone Access Smogon, Ive been trying all day, and nothing.)

Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I heard on /vp/ that it's a DDoS attack, but that's coming from /vp/...

Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
I heard on /vp/ that it's a DDoS attack, but that's coming from /vp/...

Well drats, Should have written down a few things on Friday. Guess Ill need to work something out for the Toxicroak I want. (and Frosslass, and Garchomp). Might as well skim through this thread, might be something to help me out.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

*Ahem* So I tried out an Espeon I was looking to make as a Substitue for my Alakazam(Revenge Killer) on Smogon's Pokemon Simulator, and I have to say, I am VERY impressed with the results. So much so id like to share it! (please note I was testing it out on 1 VS 1, and its still in testing)

Espeon

Timid, Magic Bounce, 4Hp, 252 Sp.Att, 252 Speed
Bug Gem

Hidden power: Ice
Psychic
Signal Beam
Grass Knot

I found this set to work extremely well. Hidden power Ice is to take down Dragons. However, it could be replaced for HP Fire to take care the likes of Scizor and such. Psychic is for a powerful Stab. Signal Beam is NON-NEGITABLE, as it covers Espeon Dark weakness and counters other psychic types. Grass Knot is in the last spot for Bulky water types and the like. I went with bug Gem for Item. I found this to work VERY well.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Braviary
Ability: Defiant
Moveset: Thrash, Rock Slide/Superpower, Hone Claws/Bulk Up, Brave Bird
Item: Lum Berry, Sitrus Berry, or Persim Berry
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP

I think it's pretty self explanatory. Try to wreck as much stuff as possible. Hone Claws helps with Rock Slide's accuracy but Bulk Up negates Superpower's side effect. Use as a starter to avoid future Stealth Rock damage and negate your opponent's intimidate.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GofD wrote:
*Ahem* So I tried out an Espeon I was looking to make as a Substitue for my Alakazam(Revenge Killer) on Smogon's Pokemon Simulator, and I have to say, I am VERY impressed with the results. So much so id like to share it! (please note I was testing it out on 1 VS 1, and its still in testing)

Espeon

Timid, Magic Bounce, 4Hp, 252 Sp.Att, 252 Speed
Bug Gem

Hidden power: Ice
Psychic
Signal Beam
Grass Knot

I found this set to work extremely well. Hidden power Ice is to take down Dragons. However, it could be replaced for HP Fire to take care the likes of Scizor and such. Psychic is for a powerful Stab. Signal Beam is NON-NEGITABLE, as it covers Espeon Dark weakness and counters other psychic types. Grass Knot is in the last spot for Bulky water types and the like. I went with bug Gem for Item. I found this to work VERY well.

I suggest you run Choice Scarf over Bug Gem. With a Scarf, Espeon can outspeed dangerous threats such as DDMence and DD Dragonite at +1, preventing their often lethal sweeps. It can also outspeed Agility Scizor and Metagross.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ChillBill wrote:
I suggest you run Choice Scarf over Bug Gem. With a Scarf, Espeon can outspeed dangerous threats such as DDMence and DD Dragonite at +1, preventing their often lethal sweeps. It can also outspeed Agility Scizor and Metagross.

MMm, I personally am NOT a fan of Choice items. I really DISLIKE them......However, as I think im more likely gonna use this in a 1V1 on the battle simulator, ill give it a try. (seriously, Out of all the timid nature Eevee's I've bred in my game, only 2, 2 had Hidden power ice, and they didnt have the DW ability).

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5