Dragon Tail
Boiling Water
Rest
Sleep Talk

Beast.......

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:27 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Found something quite interesting in Gen 5 Donphan.

Donphan @ Shell Bell (Level 2)
Sturdy
Endeavor
Ice Shard
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin

Shell Bell heals Donphan's HP after it uses Endeavor, and Ice Shard finishes off the final HP. Works a sa decent lead, although it is unable to beat Ghosts or Pokemon with Leftovers, so isn't effective for taking out more than 1 or 2 pokemon (although when facing these, it canat least set up SR or use Rapid Spin before getting KO'd).

There's also a level 25 version with Earthquake and Gyro Ball that I hope can defeat the Leftovers pokemon while still not surviving any attacks whatsoever, but it hasn't been tested yet.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Aron is better.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Curse trapping Dusclops:

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Relaxed nature
252 HP 196 Sp Def 64 Def
- Taunt/Protect/Earthquake
- Mean Look
- Curse
- Pain Split

The idea is to Taunt right off the bat so that the opponent can't Roar or Whirlwind Dusclops out. Then proceed to Mean Look to keep it from switching out. Then use Curse if Dusclops has enough HP that you know it will be able to survive a hit, or Pain Split to recover. Taunt can be replaced with Protect if your not worried about phazers and want to gain more HP or EQ if you want some reliable damage. This set works for Dusknoir too, but I first tried it out with Dusclops, so that's why it's there.

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27005

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:13 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

In GenV Dusclops can use the evolution stone over leftovers for a major def boost. But move the HP EVs to Def/S.def to minimize the hp lost from curse and maximize the healing from pain spilt.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MasonTheChef wrote:
In GenV Dusclops can use the evolution stone over leftovers for a major def boost. But move the HP EVs to Def/S.def to minimize the hp lost from curse and maximize the healing from pain spilt.

Originally I had 252 in both defenses, but after the Curse and the one inevitable hit I took after the Taunt, I was down to about 50 HP, well within a one hit KO range. Since Dusclops is no Jolteon, I would be forced to switch or sacrifice Dusclops. Now I'll usually have around 120, and with Dusclops considerable natural bulk, I'll live another hit with a perfect amount for a successful Pain Split. This is a Gen IV set, so that's why not evo stone. Once I get Black or White, I'll probably just evolve it.

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:47 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I meant if you used the evo stone to then move the def points so you get an even more insane boost to both defenses.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

No, I understood what you said. Its just that this is a gen IV set, hence why I couldnt use the evo stone. Once I move it to gen 5, I'll probably just evolve it into Dusknoir to get the Defense and Attack boosts, rather than waste my item slot on it. It seems to work in most tiers anyway, as I have tested it multiple times in each one. Sorry for not being more clear.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:33 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've a second set on one of the most underrated pokemon ever My signeture Gen 5 pokemon Druddigon Druddigon Image
@ rocky helmet

Ability: rough skin
adamant nature +atk -Sp. atk Ev's 100 Hp 116 Atk 116 def 176 sp. def

Move set
Glare
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Smack down/ Fire fang

at first this may seem like a crappy druddigon compared to others but look at how much kickback the opponent gets if they hit you with a direct physical attack (an attack that makes cotact with druddigon) that and a high attack really helps make dragon claw hit hard like EQ and that combo does not cover 4 pokemon rock slide keeps a lot of flying type pokemon in check fire fang allows nothing to block it's three moves entirely and smack is a weird case it will directly help you take care of shedinja and skarmory but if the user of a bronzong forgets to switch out you can get an EQ in on it beware ice type attacks that do not make contact with you and special dragon attacks and beware of any non contact physical attacks mystery sword and psychoshock with all those notes behind me it tanks very well and can turn the tide in an instant It is a surprisingly amazing pokemon that hits hard and takes damage well with occasional kickback what isn't to like

Note EQ=Earthquake

Last edited by Aquadude on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{smeargle} @ Own Tempo @ Focus Sash
Jolly, 252Hp, 4Atk, 252Spd
Perish Song
Spore
Stealth Rock/Spikes
Protect
The trick is to use Perish Song first, then he endures a hit from the foe. Then he uses Spore to put the foe asleep. Then he uses SR/Spikes so the next turn the foe must switch out and get hurt from the entry hazard or die from PS, while Smeargle simply Protects.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thats quite smart SR.

Anyways this is a Ferrothorn im thinking about making. Still deciding on a few of the moves though.

Nature: Brave
ability: iron barbs
Item rocky helmet
6hp/252 att/ 252 Sp.def

Curse
Gyroball
ingrain/leechseed
powerwhip/explosion

Yes, I know ferrothorn is more defensive then offensive, but hear me out. With Iron Barbs AND the rocky helemt, opponest will think twive before using physical moves, EXPECIALLY ones with recoil damage. Thats why I put the Evs into SP.Def, the opponets will try to hit you with Special moves insted. Ingrain/ leech seed is for health, it just depends if you want to have to depleate your foe's Hp, and have to seed each new one OR be stuck with FerroThorn until it faints. Curse ups Att and DEf while lowering speed. This helps to make Gyro ball hit that much harder, including STAB. Then it either Power whip for another STAB or Explosion to go out with a BANG!

(NOTE: I guess if someone was woried about fire types Bulldoze could be used in the last slot for type coverage)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

@ Shuckle Rox- Seems like a gimmick set more than one that would actually work. Try this:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Jolly nature
252 Spd/252 HP/4 Def
- Spore
- Protect
- Mean Look
- Perish Song

Spore first, then mean look, then Perish song. Makes sure you get a kill rather then relying on hazards.

@ GoD- Ferrothorn can hold it's own as a physical attacker, but you have to use it right. Don't use bulldoze, as fire types will outspeed and most likely KO with any special STAB fire move. You have to switch on them anyways so dont bother covering that.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:53 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I agree, bulldoze on a Ferrothorm is a bad idea. The third and fourth spots are still being debated, but I think either set will make a good offensive Ferrothorn.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

GofD wrote:
I agree, bulldoze on a Ferrothorm is a bad idea. The third and fourth spots are still being debated, but I think either set will make a good offensive Ferrothorn.

Use this:

Ferrothorn @ Life Orb (already has residual damage w/ Iron Barbs, don't need rocky helmet)
Brave nature
252 Atk/180 HP/76 Sp Def
* 0 Speed IV
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Leech Seed aids Life Orb recovery, so make getting that set up a prority. Max attack as Ferrothorn has more than enough natural bulk to hold it's own defensively.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:41 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This one can be annoying when used right.
Jellicent @ Cursed Body @ Leftovers
Bold, 252Hp, 128Def, 128Spdef
Taunt
Protect
Scald
Recover
I never tried this out, but it looks fun.
First he uses Taunt so the foe will be forced to attack him and Cursed Body may disable the attacks.
Then if an attack hasnt been disabled yet, use Protect and raise the chances more. Keep using Protect every other turn, and if Taunt wears off, just Taunt again.
Also, use Scald for attacking and if the foe gets burned, and its a physical poke, then hes doomed.
Finally use Recover when HP gets low.
ITS ANNOYING!!!11!

This next poke can wreck havoc in NU or possibly UU.
{glalie} @ Ice Body/Inner Focus @ Liechi Berry
Jolly, 12Hp, 244Atk, 252Spd
Substitute
Earthquake
Crunch
Explosion
Using the right prediction, this can wreck certain pokes. First he uses Substitute, and now he is protected. Then begin EQing (but DO NOT CRUNCH) the foe until his Substitute breaks. Then use Sub again and keep EQing. When the Sub breaks, use Sub again and now Liechi Berry will activate.
Now here's the trick: Glalie using Liechi nearly always means an Explosion is coming, so the foe should predict this and switch to a Ghost to take Explosion, but Glalie imediatly Crunches the ghost to shreads. Thats why not to use Crunch at first- the foe wont switch to a ghost if he knows Crunch is there.
Anyway, once the Ghost faints, another poke comes out. But this time, Glalie Explodes and the foe will be doomed! You could at least hit two birds (pokes) with one stone (giant ice head) using this strategy.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since I cant find any Gen 5 movsets for Gen 4 pokes, I decided to perfect A roserade from my platinum game.

Roserade
Modest Nature
6hp/252/Sp.att/252 speed
Ability: natural cure
Item- ?

shadow ball
sludge bomb
gigia drain
HP ground/ ?

Well, the roserade in my palinum game worked really well so I decided to improve t in this gen. This set is to be a special sweeper. Yeah there's probably better ones, but I liked using Roserade, so meh. Shadow ball is for Pshychic types. Giga drain is for some healing potentila and stab. Sludge bomb is also for stab. I was going for HP rock for more type coverage, but mine is HP ground. Great against fire types, But that still leaves an opening for flying types. So im looking into some other options for Hp ground.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{skarmory} @ Sturdy @ Life Orb
Jolly, 4Def 252Atk, 252Spd
Swords Dance
Drill Peck
Rock Slide
Steel Wing/X-Scissor/Night Slash
If you REALLY want to catch the foe off guard, then use this. The thing is, NO SKARMORY IS SEEN WITHOUT SPIKES/SR AND ROAR/WHIRLWIND. So once you've Swords Danced up, fire away with good attacks, mainly Drill Peck.

{gyarados} @ Intimidate @ Choice Specs
Modest, 4Def, 252Spatk, 252Spd
Surf/Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt
And if you thought the Skarmory set was crazy, get this: a Modest and Choice Spec Gyarados is so unpredicted that the foe will literably be screaming "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" when this Gyarados is Special attacking things to death. And if possible, try to Baton Pass a Spatk boost to it before hand. Besides, you know that 360Spatk stat is hott.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thought of a few more movesets:

{sableye} @ Prankster @ Choice Scarf
Jolly, 252Hp, 4Atk, 252Spd
Trick
Torment
Mean Look
Protect/Shadow Sneak
This set is made to completely shut down the best walls. First he Tricks his Choice Scarf to whatever wall is in the way, and hopefuly getting a good item in return. Now the wall most likely uses a non-attacking move that only works once in a row (say Reflect, Rain Dance, etc), and he will be stuck using that move. Then Sableye uses Torment so the foe will be forced to Struggle every other turn. And to top it off, Sableye traps the foe with Mean Look to prevent the foe's escape. Protect is to avoid threatening moves by the foe.
Edit: Added Shadow Sneak in. Can be used as his only attacking move.

{azelf} @ Levitate @ Focus Sash
Naive/Hasty, 4Atk, 252Spatk, 252Spd
Magic Coat
Thunderbolt
HP Ice/Flamethrower
U-turn/Explosion
Quite an effective lead. First he uses Magic Coat, and that's it really. Any SRs or Spikes or Taunts the foe's lead uses is now placed onto the foe's side, so now the foe is stuck with them! Then Azelf sweeps away with special attacks. Or he can scout out with U-turn or go out with a bang with Explosion, but since it's base power got nerfed in Gen V, then U-turn is better.

Last edited by Shuckle-rock$ on Wed May 11, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Just to let you know, I love that sableye set :mrgreen: but you probably don't need any speed ev's with prankster.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Wed May 11, 2011 12:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@Blastoise_ex Thanks! Also, the speed EVs are for against any other Prankster pokes, and with Choice Scarf, anything with a speed less than 327 gets outran.

Also, I thought of an ok way to put Zen Mode on Darmanitan into use:

Darmanitan @ Zen Mode @ Chesto Berry
Jolly, EVs: 252Hp, 4Atk, 252Spd, IVs: 29Hp
Belly Drum
Rest
Fire Punch/Flare Blitz
Earthquake/Stone Edge

The strategy here is to use Belly Drum and with the right IVs, he will change to Zen Mode when his HP lowers, so now his defense will skyrocket and endures an attack. Then since his speed now plumets, the foe will attack again, but with high HP he will hopefuly survive, and then he uses Rest and recovers health, and Chesto Berry cures his sleep. So now he has full HP and maxed out attack and ready to wreck! But now he only has TWO moves to sweep with: a fire move or EQ/SE. So this may not be very useful though...

So this may be useful in UU or even OU.

Wed May 11, 2011 1:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

OK, I got a good one here:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind/Roost
- Protect
- Freefall
- Toxic

This works very well with Toxic Spikes/Spikes support too. Toxic/Protect is pretty standard, but Freefall is where the fun starts. Not only does it have a decent 90 Base power, unlike Brave Bird, it causes no Recoil. When in the air, Toxic Poison worsens, I gain HP from Leftovers, and the opponent can't attack on either the first or second turn. Whirlwind helps my team a lot becasue of Spikes support from Forretress (which got Sturdy this Gen, making it less of a risk at lead)., but Roost is also a good option here if you don't have a Spiker.

Works well, and is completely custom.

Wed May 11, 2011 7:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK I just thought of a deadly strategy called "Suicide Bombing". It evolves sacrificing a poke to bring a deadly foe down. Perhaps a deadly Revenge Kill.

{gastly} @ Levitate @ Custap Berry
Level 1, Hasty/Naive Nature, IVs: 0Hp 0Def 0Spdef
Endure
Destiny Bond
Grudge
Pain Split/Disable

{shuppet} @ Insomnia @ Custap Berry
Level 1, Hasty/Naive Nature, IVs: 0Hp 0Def 0Spdef
Endure
Destiny Bond
Grudge
Pain Split/Disable

For starting, you can't switch into an attack; you have to send it out when another party member dies. So once he's in, use Endure to endure an attack, Custap activates and lets them use Destiny Bond first and if the foe attacks, then the foe dies along the weak poke.

This can really be used by anyone with Endure and Destiny Bond.

Opinions?

Fri May 13, 2011 6:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Honest Opinion? Why not just use a Gengar?

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Levitate
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Shadow ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

With 110 Base Speed and maxing it out there are only a handful of pokemon (Pre-Scarfed) that you are slower than. Switch in, Substitute to scout. If you're going to die, Destiny Bond. If your not. Smash away.

And then you have the fact that if you ever switched in a Lvl 1 pokemon you are immediate set-up bait. If someone switched that thing in on me the first thing I would do is switch in my Taunt user because inevitably, anything thats Lvl 1 (unless a Sturdy, Endeavour, Priority abuser) is going to need some support moves for it's plan to work. Also, any status and your dead. Sandstorm or Hail, your dead. Someone doesn't kill you off after the Custap activates because they aren't stupid, your dead. Just really don't think it'd work.

- Shuckle died a terrible death
- Shuckle-rock$ sent out Gastly
- Mutant_Mewtwo withdrew Magikarp and sent out jellicent
- Gastly Used Endure
- Jellicent used Taunt
- Gastly can't use endure after the Taunt
- Jellicent used Surf
- Gastly Fainted

Sat May 14, 2011 12:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@Mutant_Mewtwo I was thinking you could switch it in to a poke locked on a move (for ex. Rayquaza KOs a poke with outrage, and I switch a Level 1 poke in so they can't switch out for a turn) but I see my idea was pretty much outclassed. And Gengar and even Wobbuffet pull a better set :violin:

So I thought of a couple of Baton Pass combos:

100% Uber wrote:
Gorebyss {gorebyss} @ Hydration @ Lefties
Calm, 252Hp, 4Def, 252SpD
Shell Smash
Substitute
Baton Pass
Scald

Deoxys-A {deoxys} @ Pressure @ Focus Sash
Naive/Hasty, 4Atk, 252SpA, 252Spe OR 252Atk, 4SpA, 252Spe
Shadow Ball
Superpower
Extremespeed
Ice Beam / Grass Knot

In order for this to work you MUST have a Rapid Spinner in the team to spin away and SR, Spikes, etc, and you need a weather changer that either changes weather to sunny or rainy, or cancel weather to get rid of any Sandstorms or rare Hails (so Deoxy-A's Focus Sash won't break on coming in). But with the right support, Deoxys-A will turn the match 6-0.

So here it's pretty obvious: Gorebyss Shell Smashes up, and if possible sets up a Substitute, and BPs it to Deoxys-A. And from there, Deoxys-A, using its now 794-918-876 (or 918-794-876) stats drops some nuclear bombs.

The EVs options on Deoxys-A are simple: if you need more special power, do the first set. And if you need more physical power, do the second set. And the forth move on him is for your needs: Ice Beam hits dragons like Rayquaza and Garchomp and others, while Grass Knot takes out Groudon and Kyogre, as well as several other pokes.

Don't Touch the Torn wrote:
Smeargle {smeargle} @ Own Tempo @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry
Jolly, 4Hp, 252Def, 252Spe
Spore
Ingrain
Aqua Ring
Baton Pass

Ferrothorn Image @ Iron Barbs @ Lefties
Sassy, 252Hp, 4Def, 252SpD
IV: 0Spe
Toxic
Protect
Leech Seed
Gyro Ball / Power Whip

Man, this thing never dies. The strategy is with Smeargle to Spore first, then it MUST set up Ingrain. Then if possible set up Aqua Ring. Then he BPs these to Ferrothorn, and the frustraion begins. If Ferrothorn gets Ingrain, Aqua Ring, AND Leech Seed up, it restores with its Lefties 5/16 of its health per turn (!!!) and worse, the foe can't Roar it away due to Ingrain.

So once Ferrothorn is up, he Toxics the foe, then Leech Seeds up. And then he alternates with using Protect to rack up Toxic and Leech Seed damage, while healing himself, and using Gyro Ball or Power Whip. And of course if the foe switches out to remove Leech Seed, just Seed whatever comes in.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do you want my opinions on these one's aswell? :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next