It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:41 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 War Factory Idea 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Before anyone misunderstands, this isn't a tournament, yet. :wink:

I was thinking, won't it be cool if we had a "Battle Factory" tournament? It'll be wonderful to battle with rental Pokemon who have interesting movesets, just like the Battle factory in the game. This will really test how skillful trainers are as they won't be using Pokemon with movesets they're too familiar with.

Here are some basic features of my idea:

1: Rental Pokemon to be discussed and contributed by willing Parties to a coalition rental list.

2: Overall standard of rental Pokemon to be adjusted so that more strategy and tactics can be used.

3: Creative and interesting builds for rental Pokemon.

4: Battle formats are singles 3 v 3, 6 v 6 or doubles 4 v 4, 6 v 6. (To be decided by participants) The type of tournament remains undecided as of now.

5: Partcipants would be given a random and very detailed list of Pokemon (Through a Private Message) to choose from a few days before the battle, of which the participants will select their choices and receive the rental Pokemon at least a day before the battle.

6: After the battle, winners would have the option of swapping 1 or 2 of the opponent's Pokemon depending on the choice of the battle format.

7: Overall winners would receive, as of now undecided prizes and of course, glory and recognition.

There are plenty more details to work out but what do you guys think of the main idea? :D

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Last edited by Azurera†h on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I do think that this is a good idea in theory. There are some problems with it though the main one I see is the distribution of said pokemon. I mean will the trainers of said pokemon get to choose which trainer to give them to, or will the competitors have a list of pokemon that are available where the only thing is known about the pokemon is their name and nothing else.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:48 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

This was meant to be an improved replica of the original Battle Factory, so when I meant detailed I meant that the participants will get to see the exact stats, moves, items, natures and etc. from info sent to them in the form of Private Messages.

They don't get to see the real Pokemon, yet, but I believe it would be easier to send exact and required information through Private Messages instead of complicated ways like trading Pokemon over for them to decide.

As I said, allocation of Pokemon is random, meaning the person holding on to the coalition army of rental Pokemon would have to roll die, draw lots etc. to decide on the list of choices that the participant gets. (Usually twice of what they really need.)

To sum things up, nearly everything will be determined through raw information traded over Private Messages beforehand, the only time that participants get to touch the rental Pokemon is when they have decided what they wanted and are ready for battle.
:wink:

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think it is a very good idea. Would the pokemon be hacked, though? I dont see how you would raise that many pokemon, and rik people stealing them.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:06 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Azurera†h wrote:
Before anyone misunderstands, this isn't a tournament, yet. :wink:

I was thinking, won't it be cool if we had a "Battle Factory" tournament?

derp

Normally I'd tell you to post this in the Tournament Signup thread, but I'll save you the trouble by denying you here. The entire thing simply isn't feasible, especially knowing that this place can barely get a regular tournament to work.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:52 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]