It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Latios Set 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've got a latios that I am planning on using in the wifi battle tower and I would like someone to rate it for me. I don't necesarily want a standard set, i want to trey something different.

{latios} Latios @ leftovers
Timid - 200 Spd, 150 Sp Atk, 150 Sp Def, 10 HP
Levitate

Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Recover/Surf

The idea is that latios gets switched in when they have a slower pokemon out, goes first and uses calm mind to boost its stats, then sweeps. I don't know whether to put on recover or surf, recover would help get back some extra health, but surf gives a lot more type coverage for sweeping. Let me know what you think.

P.S I cannot change the nature :P

Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

First a Timid nature is good for a special sweeping pokemon as it ups the speed stat at the cost of the physical attack stat of which it doesn't use. Now for the moves I would suggest Luster Purge (if you want to use something different) seeing how it has a 50% of lowering the foes special defense one stage. Other than that it is a pick your poison on the last move. Yes Recover will give you that added recovery abiltiy, but Surf will ensure that it won't get walled by anything of the steel type.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why not soul dew? I'm pretty sure it's usable in the battle tower.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Judging by your EVs in special defense, you may find Latias's stats more suitable without sacrificing speed. You can easily switch in on an opponent special sweeper, Calm Mind up a few times (the AI does not know when to switch), and sweep the team.

If you do use Latios, Psychic is better than Luster Purge, the point of Latios is more to attempt to one hit opponents after a SpA boost.

If you decide to go with Latias, you should definitely run Recover because Latias is defensive enough to benefit; if you use Latios, a 3rd attacking move could be used. Either way, Dragon Pulse + Surf is better than double STAB Psychic and Dragon Pulse for type coverage.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]