yes, but not for me 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
where am I? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 19

Gym league of our own 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I personally feel Gym Trainers are superfluous, unless there is so much interest it can't be avoided. Honestly, that just clogs up the system; you want to fight a Gym, but none of the Gym Trainers are ever logged on/available for battles. It should just be Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champion in my opinion. Plus, I'd personally be a little ticked if I went to chalenge the Gym Leader, but one of the trainer's Wi-Fi is down. Does he just forfeit? I think everyone will be much happier with just facing off against the Leaders.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

perhaps I didn't explain this better before, the idea with the gym trainers would be for IF this system got really popular, and the gym leader had an unreasonable number of people challenging him per day, in which case the gym challengers would be used to limit the number to only a few challenges a day, but if the system doesn't get that popular there won't be a need for gym trainers

if there are gym trainers though, there would be multiple, and so if one's wifi is down there would be others that could be challenged instead, and challengers wouldn't ned to battle every gym trainer, but rather one, maybe two, but two is a bit iffy

as for how the gyms would work, I was thinking that the challenger would either post on the gym's thread challenging him, or he would pm the gym leader and then they would pm a time they can battle

as for appointment of boards and such I think that the board members should be admins of the system, so that they have the power to modify, and lock posts, and such. and if you want to be a board member that would require the current admins to choose you, and that usually requires a lot of posts... like registeel_rocks

and on a side note, we have more than 10 people interested (not through votes, but posts)

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, thanks for telling me this though. It isn't so vague anymore. I clearly understand why you would want a site admin to be on the board. So they can fix any language/inappropriate language/flamming/etc. But I do like the idea and support it 100%.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just out of curiosity, if this gets approved how long do we have to set up teams? Unless someone here is willing to provide an infinite supply of rare candies, it may take a little while for everyone to get trained up.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nabkov wrote:
also, what would I have to do to become an admin for this thread?

You don't become an admin. You need staff support to do this, but you personally don't become an admin for a thread. Just how it goes.

Nabkov wrote:
and on a side note, we have more than 10 people interested (not through votes, but posts)

Well we need at least thirteen people (twelve if we don't have a preset champion).

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Nabkov wrote:
as for appointment of boards and such I think that the board members should be admins of the system, so that they have the power to modify, and lock posts, and such.

It'll have to be one of these ways:

1) A brand new forum account named "Board of Directors" will be created, and given usergroup permission to moderate the new Gym League subforum. The account will be able to create stickies/announcements, edit all posts, lock threads, delete threads, etc. It will only be able to perform these actions within the Gym League subforum. The account will have a password that will be shared between the Board of Director members.
2) All required moderation actions will need to be performed by me.

I don't know about you, but I like the "Board of Directors" account method much better. :P

Also, not to be forcing this on you or anything, but I will need to be on the Board of Directors and have final decisions regarding everything since this will be taking place within PsyPoke's forums.

Nabkov wrote:
and that usually requires a lot of posts... like registeel_rocks

Having lots of posts doesn't mean anything special; it just means you make lots of posts. The content of the posts and the poster themselves are what matter.

Also, I really agree that Gym Trainers make things too complicated and clustered. Even with an organized schedule, it's very difficult for everyone to abide by it, and for all the challengers to meet the schedules. Trust me, I was a moderator on a gym league-based forum once and it just made things too difficult. Things got much better when we eliminated it (relatively).

Nabkov wrote:
as for how the gyms would work, I was thinking that the challenger would either post on the gym's thread challenging him, or he would pm the gym leader and then they would pm a time they can battle

And Taji, he was referring to how I said I'd bring this to administration once we got at least 10 people interested. I'm going to talk about this with some of the admins soon.
========================
EDIT
========================
An official PsyPoke league has been denied. I have been told that we may have an "unofficial" thread here in Battle Tower dedicated to it, but that means only one thread for this project. I have also been told that if the thread gets too big, validation for our own sub-forum will be reconsidered.

Sorry if this bursts the bubble of ambition, but not all is lost. It's still possible to do it; it'll just look less pretty now.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, just to make sure we understand R_R, we are allowed to set up the league with Gym Leaders et alii, but it just won't be an official one supported by the powers at be of PsyPokes, correct? Or am I way off here?

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This sounds fun. I'd be glad to help with organization and things. It might not look pretty, but I like the idea; and I think it can go far as long as we don't get spammy.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:53 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Emin Jofit wrote:
So, just to make sure we understand R_R, we are allowed to set up the league with Gym Leaders et alii, but it just won't be an official one supported by the powers at be of PsyPokes, correct? Or am I way off here?

No, you're right on. We can create our own thread dedicated to it, assign all the gym positions, make all the rules, etc. The only "official" support we will have is myself, being a moderator here at Battle Tower. Other than that, it will be the "Unofficial PsyPoke Gym League".

Perhaps if we can prove that it can not be a disaster, it will someday be able to become the "Official PsyPoke Gym League". :o

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Unofficial PsyPoke Gym League...I like that. Has a nice ring to it, but "Official" would be just as nice. :)

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, I also like the Unofficial Psypoke Pokemon League as the name. Also, it doesn't look less pretty. Don't forget that everything starts small. We just need to get this organized sometime. Nabkov and Registeel_Rocks, you two should be the leaders of this discussion because this was mostly your ideas and plan. You two could pick the Gym Leaders and other people, (not neccessarily Gym Trainers), and plan this out. I don't plan on trying-out to become a Gym Leader myself, (even though I have a few Level 100s already), but you two should have a general idea of the criteria needed for becoming a Gym Leader.(eg. being trustworthy, a skillful battler, etc.) You two would just have to set the expectations/rules of being a Gym Leader.

I also had another idea. For the badges, (if we have them), the Gym Challenger, after he beat the Gym Leader, could be sent them via Private Messaging. Then the Gym Challenger could put the Gym Badge in his/her sig or on a designed Trainer Card.

Now, if the Gym Leader used a Platinum game, he/she could could record the battle in their Vs. Recorder, and set it up in the GTS Battle Videos. Then send the Video Number to a Board of Directors. This method could only be used if there is a problem between the Gym Leader and Gym Challenger, (of course, arguing with a Gym Leader could get you a ban from the Gym for a period of time), or as proof of a victory over the Gym Leader.

I know you two must already have ideas that are:
#1. Your own, that you already thought of.
#2. Thoughts similar or the same as the ones indicated above.

I like the ideas so far but I have one question, will there be a Rule that is like "Your account must be at least (insert number here and days/weeks/months) old to challenge a Gym. I was wondering about that and I am not going to specify why because you probably already know what I mean, (and just so I don't plant any ideas into somebody's head).

Well those are again, some of my ideas for the Gym. Feel free to use any of them that you like. I have plenty more that you may or may not like. I don't know.

Thanks,
Psychic_Espeon_16

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What I suggest is this.

1. Everyone who wishes to become an Elite Four/Gym Leader PM's an application to R_R, or Nabkov. This application would include. Type/Theme that you will employ. How often you can be on to accept challenges. If accepted as League Champion what type they will use (Mono, Dual, Theme or Multitude [Like Cynthia, and Gary from the games.]) Then after they get the application, and accept it and tell you what rank you are, you post it here, or if we can delete this thread and make a new one saying who they are (somewhat like the Tournament Application thread where it says what the active tournaments are, and what the waiting one's are.)

2. After one or both of them gets the application, they can then decide where you will be, Gym Leader or Elite Four (member one, two, three, or four, or champion).

3. If we can just delete this and turn it into our own thread, it will be like the Battle Request thread where the challengers post the Gym Leader they want to challenge, or PM it to them. If the challenge isn't answered oh lets say three days, they get an automatic win. (Note this would have to be a reply like the Gym Leader would answer 'My schedule is busy I can't battle until Friday', it wouldn't have to be right away.)

4. For Platinum users. If you wish to put it on the GTS I would recommend getting permission from your battling partner first (So they don't have an embarassing 6-0 loss out there for the public to see.)

5. All the basic rules of Psypoke, no flaming, no cursing, etc.

6. I wish I didn't need to say this but I am afraid I have too, if you wouldn't do it in a serious tournament don't do it in a challenge (Wondertomb, Exploding Magikarps, you know the really gay and retarded stuff no one wants to fight.)

Those would be just the basic rules. Just my thoughts though.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like some of those ideas shinashu taji, but the sending a PM to Registeel_Rocks and Nabkov might be a little, tiring. Getting a lot ofApplications at once may be a bad idea.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This is true, but we don't want to have too many people getting applications for that may cause more conflict, for example Nabkov, R_R, and person C are the ones allotted to get applications. Person C, gets one, and Nabkov and R_R get one from a different person (lets label this person person D, and he sends both R_R, and Nabkov the same application.), and as they are discussing it, Person C says yes to the one he got without consulting the others.

I see your point, and it has its flaws, but still .... hmm I take that back maybe a third person would be a good idea, so that way it can never be a stalemate on a decision.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I may be getting way ahead of myself, and everyone else on this thread for that matter, but I think Gym Leaders should come up with badges that people can put in their sigs. Like how some people have the Trainer Cards they put badges on; well, why not PsyPoke League badges? Champion would get a trophy for their sig or something. I just think it'd be aesthetically pleasing and even more like an actual Gym League.

Oh, and will Gym Leaders lose their title if they lose? I can understand the Champion being dethroned, but if it's like the games, then it'll just be like, "You beat the Champion, Hall of Fame, go away" and then they have no recollection of ever having lost to you. But if we can lose our positions, maybe I'll have to rethink using 6 Dittos...

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Registeel_Rocks: I have every intention of having you on the board as long as you are able to

I was thinking that gym leaders could lose their title if there is another application for a gym, and the new gym leader has beaten the elite four, and held an account for X years/months/days

I like the idea of gym badges, and was thinking that either the gym leaders or a sprite artist could design/make the badges, and these badges could be displayed in one's signature upon beating the gym leader.

as for applications a part of me wants there to be more involvement than just Registeel_Rocks and I. I was hoping that for the first 8 gyms we could have a discussion, and decide as a whole, but I can do what ever gets the job done

as for forfeiture if the gym leader doesn't respond, I agree that the gym leader should appear regularly for the challengers, but I feel that the gym leader should have the power to temporarily close his/her gym for reasons such as finals, vacation, family emergencies, etc. and so if a gym leader is unable to meet a challenger, I feel that there should be some sort of substitute gym leader, which could be as simple as having a ninth gym that can open as needed to maintain 8 gyms at a time.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1. I really like the idea of a substitue Gym Leader, Nabkov. But I do have a question; will that sub use the Gym Leaders Pokemon? If so, should we clone our teams and trade copies to that person so that they can use the exact teams? Or is that too unethical, using cloned Pokemon? I'm probably just making too much of this, but I'm sure I won't be the only one a little confused.

2. And does the "No Legendaries" thing mean "No Ubers" or is it just no legends whatsoever? Like Celebi, Jirachi, &c. aren't really Uber Legendaries (I don't think), but are Pokemon like Garchomp still allowed? I'm not really worried about this, but I thought about it and again thought I wouldn't be the only one a bit lost.

3. One last thing (sorry if it's a lot of questions), are we going to get someone from one of the sprite shops to make our badges for us, or will we have to do that on our own?

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I was thinking that the substitute gym leader could have its own rules, and be its own gym, so that the substitute doesn't have multiple boxes filled with random pokemon that he may never use. I would prefer that the substitute had its own theme, and team for space reasons, and it is simpler, and easier for him/her

I don't like the idea of using legendary pokemon, but it could be a decision for the gym leaders

as for the gym badges, If the gym leader can make their own badges, then they may feel free to do so, but if not, I have a sprite shop that isn't well known, so the gym badges shouldn't be a problem

as stated before, the gym leaders will be decided later

Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nabkov, for this Ninth Gym Leader, would he/she be open whenever they could, not just when a Gym Leader is absent,(eg. vacation, studying for exams, family crisis)? I think, (and you are already probably thinking this), that if you had nine Gyms open, then the Gym Challenger could challenge any 8 Gyms and just get 8 out of the 9 badges. That way, a Gym is always open, and the Ninth Gym Leader doesn't need to feel left out or not needed.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I had been wondering about that myself, but wasn't sure if we would have enough people/want to make that decision, but if the rest of the people would want that, it could easily be done.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Emin Jofit wrote:
2. And does the "No Legendaries" thing mean "No Ubers" or is it just no legends whatsoever? Like Celebi, Jirachi, &c. aren't really Uber Legendaries (I don't think), but are Pokemon like Garchomp still allowed? I'm not really worried about this, but I thought about it and again thought I wouldn't be the only one a bit lost.

They should be, but not shared by 2 or more leaders (Jirachi on the Psychic leader's team and the Champ's team). Garchomp and the other Ubers should only be able to be used by the Champ and the last person of the elite four.
It would be cool to have the first couple leaders have NFEs on their team, to add to the gym leader theme.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I believe you're right, Squirtle, the Ubers should be reserved for the Champion. I do, however, think all Gym Leaders should have evolved, strong Pokemon. In fact, I think we should settle on a level for every Gym Leaders' Pokemon soon (all level 50, all level 100, &c.) and keep it that way forever. Like, I think if we settle on all Gym Leaders having level 50 Pokemon, for example, I think all challengers should be allowed level 50's only, too (or below if they prefer). I think a set level for everyone would be more fair, 'cause if we set it up like the usual game league with certain leaders being significantly weaker than the others, a challenger could just blow through with level 100's when the Leader has Lv. 10 NFE's. Not a very fair way to acquire badges.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, so if the Champion is only allowed to use Ubers, then you guys should post what the Ubers you think are. Can you guys post so I know. This whole Uber thing gets confusing when I would judge Pokemon.

Also, for the Gym Leader's Pokemon Levels, Nabkov already said that they should be at like maybe Level 100. Having Pokemon at Level 100 makes it easier for the Gym Leader to keep them at that Level. If the Gym Leader used Level 50s, then he/she used them outside of the Wi-Fi Room, they would gradually Level Up. So the best thing would be to have Gym Leaders have Level 100 Pokemon.

EDIT: Okay thanks R_R. That clears that problem.

And I'm okay with a Ninth Gym Leader. It would create less chaos in the future. This Ninth Gym Leader would have the same general rules as everyone else. By that I mean: Level, Pokemon used(eg. Ubers, Legendaries, etc.), a specific type(water, fire, grass, etc.), and possibly items that the Pokemon are holding.

I know we haven't discussed this, so what do you think the Gym Leader's Pokemon should be allowed to hold? Items being held by a Pokemon is also important because the use of the item can sometimes be annoying. Like the old Kecleon holding a Choice Scarf and using Trick to switch items with your Pokemon. This does seem pretty important, to set a rule for.

I also wanted to ask, are Gym Leaders allowed to challenge other Gym Leaders?

Last edited by Psychic_Espeon_16 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:56 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The level of your Pokemon doesn't matter. You can have a Lv.50 or Lv.100 set match on WiFi, and all of the Pokemon are auto-leveled to that level for the match. (i.e. you bring in a level 42 Scizor against your opponents level 70 swampert; the match is set to Lv. 100 Singles, so both your pokemon are level 100 for the match).

Everything else like movesets, EVs, hold items, etc are what's important.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, wait; if we go into the Wi-Fi battle with all level 1 Pokemon and set it to lv. 100 Singles, it will autmatically raise them to level 100? How does is calculate their stat increases and such?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I get it.

Last edited by Emin Jofit on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next