no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
where am I? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 19

Gym league of our own 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

this will either sound totally awesome, or completely lame, but whatever

what if we created our own pokemon league? we would have gym leaders, and would have to earn 8 badges which would be shown in your signature, and stuff

someone would ned to set up the system, and choose the elite four, and the gym leaders, and audition the gym leader's idea for his gym, and pick trainers for his gym

here's the chain of command:

board of directors
league champion
elite four/gym leaders
gym trainers
adventurer

the gym leaders would need to specialize in a theme, like dog pokemon, water pokemon, or four arms, and stuff. the gym leader would design the badge, or could have a shop design one for him. people who want to play form a team, and challenges the gym trainers.
the gym trainers notify the gym leader upon their defeat, and the leader then battles the challenger. the challenger must follow the gym's rules, which would be defined in the gym's thread. if the challenger beats the gym leader, and follows the rules, the gym leader records that the challenger has defeated the gym leader in the thread, and then bestows the challenger with the badge (through an image url)

when a challenger defeats eight gyms, he/she may challenge the elite four (in the proper order) and if they succeed they may proceed to the next elite. once all four elites are defeated the challenger may face the league champion. if the champion is defeated, the challenger may bear the champion medal in their signature, and will be recorded in the hall of fame thread (which we will create)

if the champion wishes to be a gym leader he must contact the one of the board of directors via pm, and may challenge one of the gym leaders in a special battle which will decide which gym leader will be allowed to keep their gym, or the directors may choose to build a new gym all together

if this gets a great deal of popularity we could add an evil group, like team rocket, and the others unworthy of mention

every battle would be done over wifi, and should there be a problem it would be brought to either the gym leader, elite four, or board, depending on the circumstances. should a battle be voided, or rules weren't obeyed the one at fault will be issued a warning, and if the problem persists, will be given a second warning or kicked.

board of directors are the legal system for this project, and record keepers

gym leaders are responsible for monitoring their gym trainers, and gym thread in general, and may choose their gym trainers, theme, gym rules (3v3, or double, or single)

there won't be a tm awarded for completing the gym, because this could prove difficult, but there could be awards for special gyms, like the fighting dojo in r/b/y/fr/lg

gyms don't need to be based off of ones already in the games

the gym leaders would be using level 100 ev trained pokemon, so be serious when challenging them, and abuse won't be tolerated (from either party)

this is my idea, and so I hope you guys like it

Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I would have no problem playing a gym leader for it, sounds quite fun. 8-)
It'll take about 14 more people to make the whole thing work however.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I remember suggesting something like this before, apparently it was done before and failed. I think it's on the About Us section of the main site somewhere.

edit: if this somehow happens, i'd be happy to help out in some way.

Last edited by Patchy on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I wouldn't mind being a Gym Leader or an Elite Four member myself.

A few major hurdles you would have to get past would be. Approval from Frost, or any other site admin. Plenty of people willing to actually be a part of the Gym staff and Elite Four. Lastly you need people to actually do the challenge.

Patchy wrote:
I remember suggesting something like this before, apparently it was done before and it failed horribly, it fell apart at the seems because no one wanted to do it. I think it's on the About Us section of the main site somewhere.

O hai, I fiscked your post.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think it would be fun to be a Gym Leader with only Dittos. Wouldn't that be embarassing to lose to all your own Pokemon, even in Ditto form? Personally, I'd laugh heartily after losing to that guy. And I'm not saying Ditto is a bad Pokemon (no one get all mad if I've insulted their precious Dittos), but he isn't the biggest "powerhouse" out there, either.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:27 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I was part of a Gym league once on another forum; it's lots of fun. But it requires lots of regulation and participation, and can easily fall apart without enough effort from everyone participating.

Another problem is that, especially with Gym Trainers, it's really hard to fight the people you want to fight willy nilly. Say for example you want to fight the Fire Leader. Okay, so you need to fight his Gym Trainers. But wait, they're not online! So you have to wait until his/her trainers are online, message them, see if they can fight, and THEN fight them. What I'm getting at is that it can be hard to arrange stuff. It can be done, but it requires effort and patience.

If this generates enough interest I'm willing to ask administration for an approval or something.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I say that if this does get passed through the administration, then there shouldn't be Gym trainers for the following reason. It would make it a hell of a lot easier on everyone, so it wouldn't take so long to do it, and make things slightly easier to coordinate.

Last edited by shinashu taji on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

gym trainers could be added in later if needed. the main point of them being there would be so that the gym leader wouldn't have to battle every moment, and could battle only the "worthy ones"

but if this actually works, cool

I would prefer to be a board of directors I think, mainly because I enjoy the planning more than the battle

so if there were:

8 gym leaders
4 elites
1 master
2-4 directors
then we could pull this off

cool

Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This sounds fun, though it may be difficult to pull it off, and it'd make more sense if the leaders just picked a type; maybe 3 minimum Pokemon of that type so they aren't easily beaten? I dunno. But yes, I would love to be a part of this if we decide to do it.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:48 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I actually really like the idea of "themes" over "types", because themes gives leaders room to be unique and creative. Type gyms are just so typical, and although it would still work, I think having themes would be more fun.

I was just thinking. If this had enough people interested, it might be worthwhile for me to ask administration to create a subforum within Battle Tower for this project, seeing as we'd need multiple threads. I wouldn't want BT to be all clogged up by this, and having only one thread is way too limiting.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
I actually really like the idea of "themes" over "types", because themes gives leaders room to be unique and creative. Type gyms are just so typical, and although it would still work, I think having themes would be more fun.

I was just thinking. If this had enough people interested, it might be worthwhile for me to ask administration to create a subforum within Battle Tower for this project, seeing as we'd need multiple threads. I wouldn't want BT to be all clogged up by this, and having only one thread is way too limiting.

Suppose you're right.
And I like the idea of a sub-forum. o3o

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like the idea of a "Gym Theme" too. Think about it; you're the grass Gym leader with excellent Pokemon, but a n00b comes in with a hacked Charizard that wipes you out before you can really do anything. But if you have one theme, you can have all different types. Like if you want, say, an Aura based Gym, you could have all Pokemon that can learn Aura Sphere (limited more than likely to only Lucario), Dark Pulse, Water Pulse, and Dragon Pulse. Stuff like that's more cool.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I know this might turn to total chaos, but seeing as to how this would require special teams for gym leaders, why don't all the people who want to be a gym leader post what their team would be, and we can decide together on what teams would be the best for the 8 (or more) gyms...
and the chaos begins...

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nabkov wrote:
I know this might turn to total chaos, but seeing as to how this would require special teams for gym leaders, why don't all the people who want to be a gym leader post what their team would be, and we can decide together on what teams would be the best for the 8 (or more) gyms...
and the chaos begins...

I say lets wait before we start saying things like that, so that way do don't get far enough into it and not being able to do it.

Emin Jofit wrote:
I like the idea of a "Gym Theme" too. Think about it; you're the grass Gym leader with excellent Pokemon, but a n00b comes in with a hacked Charizard that wipes you out before you can really do anything.

If you know for certain that a Pokemon is hacked then you as a Gym leader will be able to call off the match and render their challenge null and void.

Electrike! wrote:
This sounds fun, though it may be difficult to pull it off, and it'd make more sense if the leaders just picked a type; maybe 3 minimum Pokemon of that type so they aren't easily beaten? I dunno. But yes, I would love to be a part of this if we decide to do it.

Although Type gyms would be easier, I think it would be more fun to have a theme Gym (ex. gym where the leader uses nothing but dog Pokemon) I used to take part in this on another forum where I had a short lived term as the Fire Gym leader, we had six Pokemon five at least pertaining to that type with the last one being any type you want.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Nabkov wrote:
and the chaos begins...

Yeah, let's wait on that one. I don't even know if this'll get the heads up yet, so determining leader's teams and the leaders themselves should come later, after approval. The goal for right now is to figure out if this will fly, who will regulate it, etc.

Gym Leader tryouts/auditions can wait. No need to rush things up and create confusion and appoint things only to have it to not work out in the end.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

fair enough, I apologize, and perhaps we should wait for approval first, and on that note, who should we ask in specific?

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The administrators would be the people to ask. Mainly Frost I would think. As Registeel_Rocks said, let this generate more interest and let him ask them.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yes. I myself will ask administration when the time comes. I want there to be at least 10 people interested, and so far we currently have 7 (including myself). If you know anyone else here on Psypoke who might be interested, drop them a line.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Though i don't want to be involved in working on this due to other commitments i have, you can count me among the interested (if only for the reason that i want subforums for my rating center and wifi trading thread =P)

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dibbs on trusty Pokemon sidekick!

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would love to join, although we'd have to have strict rules, because we cant even keep tournaments running anymore.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Cactuar wrote:
although we'd have to have strict rules, because we cant even keep tournaments running anymore.

Yeah, hence I'd have to pretty much devote myself to upholding and creating rules as necessary. But that was inevitable, because I don't think any other moderators here are going to be interested in modding for this project (too bad EP is too busy).

As for tournaments... blegh. :(

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
Yeah, hence I'd have to pretty much devote myself to upholding and creating rules as necessary. But that was inevitable, because I don't think any other moderators here are going to be interested in modding for this project (too bad EP is too busy).

Well you could appoint the Gym Leaders/Elite Four to help hold up the rules. Seeing how it would be their league and their rules, and shouldn't have to have the staff do most of the rule upholding.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the idea is that the board of directors would make the general rules, and the gym leaders would make the rules for their gym if there is a dispute between a gym leader and a challenger the gym leader would try to work the problem out, but if it can't be overcome, then the board of directors would give a ruling, and their ruling is final.

also, what would I have to do to become an admin for this thread?

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If it's okay with other members, the administration, and you Nabkov, I'd like to be a director.

While I was reading this I came up with this little schedule. It only, let's say a draft, but anyways:

#1. For the Gym, a Gym Leader would be chosen, and the Gym Trainers. For Registeel_Rocks concerns about some Gym Trainers not being there, all Gym Members meet at a certain time and get ready to battle.

#2. Of course, the Gym Leader and Gym Trainers would have to work out a system of when to log on to Psypokes. All Gyms will be open at certain times during the day.

#3. If the Gym Leader or Gym Trainers, are online, but the Gym isn't open, a Gym Challenger may not be allowed to challenge the Gym. The Gym challenger may however, set a post in the Gym and be put on a waiting list.

I'm not completely done, but how does that sound so far? If you like it or don't like it, please say so.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next