yes, but not for me 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
where am I? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 19

Gym league of our own 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As to the substitute gym leaders, gyms could also have "gym trainers" who practice using the gym type. Additionally there are many types (or themes) to choose from, allowing for more than 8 gyms (there are 17 types for example).

Would gym challenges be allowed to take place on shoddy?

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't know what shoddy is to be honest, so if you could explain that, it would be a big help, and thanks for joining us Sion9.

We didn't want to use gym trainers unless it was absolutely necessary because it would clog the system up, and wre planning on adding them if needed, but don't want them if it can be avoided

as for levels, wifi raises the levels/lowers them to 50 or 100, so te gym leaders would only need to worry about ev training, and proper ivs, and movesets

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nabkov wrote:
as for levels, wifi raises the levels/lowers them to 50 or 100, so te gym leaders would only need to worry about ev training, and proper ivs, and movesets

Wow, this makes things so much easier. I never knew you could do that. Thanks for clearing that up. Thanks to you, too, Registeel_Rocks.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, now all that's really left is selecting Gym Leaders unless someone else has any other questions. I can't think of any more. So I guess the rest is up to R_R and Nabkov.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Could the gym leaders give away prize pokemon? For example, if you beat a johto-themed gym leader he'd give away Ho-Oh.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cactuar wrote:
Could the gym leaders give away prize pokemon? For example, if you beat a johto-themed gym leader he'd give away Ho-Oh.

Actually, I thought about that last night and forgot to ask. Maybe we should give away an egg of one of the Pokemon from the Gym? I think Ho-Oh is a little much to give away, Cactuar, unless you've cloned an obscene amount of them (or hacked them). Or even just something similar to the theme of the Gym. I think we should first worry about Gym Leaders and our Elites/Champion before we think about prizes, though.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like the idea of giving away an egg of a Pokemon from the Gym. If I was going to submit an Application to become a Gym Leader, I was gonna be a water-type Gym Leader. Since Feebas is a hard Pokemon to get and Milotic is a rare Pokemon, I was thinking I'd give Feebas eggs away or maybe a water starter egg,(eg. Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip or Piplup). But I like the idea of giving Pokemon eggs as prizes.

Last edited by Psychic_Espeon_16 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Prizes, gym-specific rules, etc are up to the Gym Leader themselves. They'll have to follow certain guidelines and base rules that apply to them, but anything they want to add is up to them (within reason).

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nabkov wrote:
I don't know what shoddy is to be honest, so if you could explain that, it would be a big help, and thanks for joining us Sion9.

ShoddyBattle is an online battle simulator for those of us without Wifi. It takes care of EVs, IVs, etc. for you so you only worry about battling strategy.

Psychic_Espeon_16 wrote:
now all that's really left is selecting Gym Leaders unless someone else has any other questions.

How will Gym Leaders be selected? On every other league I've participated in, gym Leaders were the first person to pass a "test battle" with the mods with their chosen type/theme.

Shinies

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I thought that Nabkov or R_R already posted something about that but I can't find it. But I think you submit an Application to become a Gym Leader. You send in your team, theme, and other information. But not yet, they haven't posted when to start submitting Applications.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm interested to join, as long as Shoddy can be used. I don't have working Wi-fi. It also would be tremendously fairer to use Shoddy. All people would have acces to same pokemon, same items and same moves.

If however, it is decided to be placed on WI-fi, I must draw out of this.

And I have played around 1 year or so in Shoddy, and my ranking has been at the most in top 50. I think in there I could condent.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:33 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

koipen wrote:
And I have played around 1 year or so in Shoddy, and my ranking has been at the most in top 50.

cool story bro

Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I don't really think it would be fair to use Shoddy. It takes away from the actual gym aspect in my opinion, and it's entirely strategy-based then; you don't have to breed, SR or train at all.

I'd be more inclined to play on wifi, personally, and I don't have Shoddy downloaded onto my laptop.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Patchy wrote:
I don't really think it would be fair to use Shoddy. It takes away from the actual gym aspect in my opinion, and it's entirely strategy-based then; you don't have to breed, SR or train at all.

I'd be more inclined to play on wifi, personally, and I don't have Shoddy downloaded onto my laptop.

^Agrees 100%.

Having to work the breeding and IV/EVs really adds to the challenge and depth of the gym battles, for both the Gym leader who has to make their team and the trainer trying to beat them.

**also kicks wishbliss in the shins**

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I kinda want the battles to be through wifi because that would require trainers to train a strong team, and it requires more time, and Shoddy seems like taking all the hard work out of the training, and focuses only on the battle and strategy, when hard work should be paid off.

also I have an apple computer, and downloads are often really slow on my computer

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think it's safe for me to say that no one here who doesn't have Shoddy wants to go download it. I know I certainly won't because I don't think my computer could handle it. The thing's old, man...and I agree that it takes the fun out of training your own teams.

By the way, Nabkov or Registeel_Rocks, do you have a list of people currently interested in this and what they want to do for gyms? Just curious, and it'd be nice if you guys could post that for us if you do. If not, don't sweat it.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have finally decided to apply for a Gym. R_R and Nabkov, when are we allowed to submit an application for a Gym? I almost have my team ready. I'm just finishing EV Training my Pokemon. I'll be done tonight.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shoddy or WiFi, I don't really care. To me it would all depend on what the challenger would want. Also when may we start the application process for this. I am assuming that we have the bar minimum for it, but then again as I often am could be wrong.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is there going to be species clause? It should be noted that often gym leaders have multiples of the same pokemon.

Also, I too have my team ready to go. When are we taking applications?

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

koipen wrote:
If however, it is decided to be placed on WI-fi, I must draw out of this.

Same here. I would hope that Shoddy would be allowed to be used depending on the Gym.

Emin Jofit wrote:
I think it's safe for me to say that no one here who doesn't have Shoddy wants to go download it. I know I certainly won't because I don't think my computer could handle it.

I will not argue against your first premise, but Shoddy is not graphically intensive enough to require a really good computer; any computer running XP with the latest Java JRE installed (for free) should be able to run it.

Shinies

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:13 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I was thinking of it being purely WiFi-based, but then again I'm only running administration aspects of this league, so my choice on that might not be synonymous with the majority of those interested.

I leave it up to Nabkov.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

We could make a Shoddy and a wifi division, although we would need more people here to do so. I'm up for the wi-fi, shoddy seems too complicated and not worth the space on my computer.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Shoddy and Wi-Fi divisions would be quite complicated, and I would be biased to say that the Wi-Fi division is the "Upper" tier of such a system. I personally think WiFi sounds more fun. :/

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree with using Wi-Fi, because it's more fun. I liked training these Pokemon I have for my team. I'm using a specific type for this. Can't wait to apply!

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I do plan to use a specific type R_R probably knows what type I want to use. If you don't then epic failz on you.

If accepted I would use either Shoddy or WiFi, and have the battle take place on whichever platform the challenger would want it to be, to make it easier on them.

Though I have Shoddy downloaded on my computer and haven't used it since I downloaded it over a year ago.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next