It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Opinion: Natural Cure assumptions in Sleep clause 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So something I've been wondering for a while now;

How in Wi-fi does one hold up sleep clause when the sleeping poke may have natural cure ( {corsola} {starmie} {blissey} {roserade} ) and switches out.

Do you ask your opponent what ability it carries if you can talk to them? (somewhat unfair to the user as it reveals strategy)
Assume it's asleep until it comes back in? so sleep clause is "held" even though the opponent has no asleep poke.
Assume it was cured and sleep something else. (which may break sleep clause)

Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually what I have seen in battles is whenever your opponent has a Pokemon in waiting and it has a status ailment (Burn, Poison, Paralyze, Sleep, Freeze) that Pokemon's PokeBall is dark (just look at how many Pokemon they have left in the upper right hand corner of the touch screen). If said Pokemon has Natural Cure and they are asleep and they switch out, then in theory their Pokemon's PokeBall wouldn't change.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
(just look at how many Pokemon they have left in the upper right hand corner of the touch screen).

I don't think I've ever seriously looked at those in a battle before, (feels stupid)

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasterChef wrote:
shinashu taji wrote:
(just look at how many Pokemon they have left in the upper right hand corner of the touch screen).

I don't think I've ever seriously looked at those in a battle before, (feels stupid)

Not a whole lot of people do, I know I didn't use to do that, I only started doing that only a few months ago.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, I never realized that either and have actually been wondering that too. So thanks, tji, for your help. Now, it's story time; one time I got in a Wi-Fi battle with someone, and we went by the Item clause, Species clause, and of course Sleep clause. He statred off with a Gengar and proceeded to put EVERYONE OF MY POKEMON to sleep. He thought that's what sleep clause meant; that you had to put all your opponents to sleep before you could do anything else, and I was just like, "WTH, man?" Ah, n00bs...

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]