It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Moveset 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've always considered this moveset:

1) Attract
2) Confuse Ray (Confusion?)
3) Thunderwave (Bodyslam/Thunderbolt/Thundershock?)
4) Powerful and accurate STAB attack

I would NOT do this with a normal, fighting, ghost, psychic, poison, or electric because they all have types that are immune to them. I'm considering the alternate attacks because of their ability to inflict the same affect while also doing damage against things the fourth move would be resisted by.

If you didn't pick up on it, this set is designed to stop the opponent from attacking. Infatuation, confusion, and paralysis all have a chance to stop the affected pokemon from attacking. So you're stopping the enemy from attacking, then beating the crap out of them.

Thoughts?

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The combination of Paralysis and Confusion "Parafusion" is a good strategy, however attract is usually not used along with it due to it having to be gender specific, so it may catch one poke but then the opponent will just avoid switching that gender in or use it to get a "safe" switch in. That moveslot would be better for attack coverage, a healing move, or a better stall move like spite, Encore, or Protect (w/leftovers recovery.)

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

True. Could Lapras pull off this moveset? Replace attract with surf or hydropump and the stab attack could be ice beam? Then give it leftovers for health recovery.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It could, It's bulky and has confuse ray, but your only chance of paralysis is 30% from body slam or thunder (not including thunder's acc). Lanturn, Gardevior, Grumpig, and Regigigas learn both Thunder wave and confuse ray and are quite bulky with EVs in defense.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've always been a fan of lanturn, thanks! :)

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As Chef this strategy of "Parafusion" is a good strategy, and it has been around the first generation. Again as he said Laturn would be a good one to use this because of his defenses and access to a move that can paralyze one hundred percent of the time.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]