It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pokemon Platinum E4 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've just beat Volkner and I wanted some suggestions as to what to use against the platinum E4
I have some pretty pants Pokemon but I am more than willing to go out and find Pokemon(that aren't in the great marsh, the great marsh is annoying) or go to the GTS
this is what I want to have in my party at the moment:
Torterra - Lvl 63
Luxray - Lvl 52
Houndoom - Lvl 43(atm)

If there are any more Pokemon you could suggest to me please suggest where I can find them
Held items for Pokemon would be appreciated as well, thank you.

-Dragonit3-

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alrighty I think I can help you. I made a very succesful Platinum in-game team myslef so i hope you will find my advice useful.

Torterra Lv.63 Item-Miricale Seed found in Floaroma Meadows

Luxray Lv. 52 Item-Quick Claw given to you by a woman on the first floor of Jubilife Apartments. (suggest you raise the level a few before challenging the Elite four)

Houndoom Lv. 43 Item-Shell Bell given to you by a young woman on the second floor of Hearthome Apartments. (highly suggest you raise the level before challenging the Elite Four)

Vaporeon Lv. around mid-fifties. You use a water stone(found Route 210) on the Eevee Bebe(of Hearthome City) gives you(Eevee is given at Lv.20) Item-Sitrus Berry found about everywheres (until you reach the back of Victory Road 1st floor i suggest you switch it with leftovers) If you already evloved your Eevee you could a) Bread Eevolution with a pokemon of the field egg group ex. Lucario, Quagsire, Swinub, Piloswine, etc. b)use one of the alternatives i am about to suggest.

Gyrados Lv. mid-low-fifties. Obtained by fishing just about anywhere(ex. Lake Verity second visit) to find a Magikarp then evolve Magikarp. Item-Mystic Water found in Pastoria City.

Floatzel Lv. mid-low fifties. Caught on route 218, and Route 222. Item-Mysitc Water found in Pastoria City.
It is kinda long so i will continue in my 2nd post, okay

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay so to continue:

Drifblim Lv. mid-low fifties. Catch a Drifloon found at Valley Wind works on Fridays Only at Lv.22. Then evolve Drifloon. Item-Spell Tag given to you by an old lady on the 5th floor of the Lost tower. I suggest and alternative Dark or Ghost pokemon even thought you have a Houndoom but here is a psychic Elite and your Houndoom may be KOed so this is just to be safe. A Flying-type could help you to. You could use a Staraptor but i see this as a better choice. Drifloon and Drifblim are both hard to raise so this might be a better choice.

Honchkrow Lv. mid-low fifties. If you have a Diamond Version trade a Honchcrow or Murkrow(found in Eterna Forset) If you traded a Murkrow evolve it with a Dusk stone found in the Galactic Warehouse. If you do not have a Diamond version try to find one over the Global Trading Station. Item-Dusk Plate found in the left hand room in the Old Chateau.

Note- Cynthias Garchomp may cause problems so i suggest teaching one of your pokemon and ice move or a dragon move. Or you could obtain a Ice or Dragon pokemon (May I suggest Glaceon, Froslass, Mamoswine, or Altaria)

Lucario Lv. mid-low fifties. Riley gives you a Riolu egg. Hatch it and evolve it through happiness (a girl in Vilestone City will give your pokemon a massage once a day which signifigently raises its happiness) i suggest tutoring Lucario Ice Punch.

If all that work does not appeal to you I highly suggest catching a Kirlia on the Hearthome city side of route 212 and evovling it to a Gallade (make sure you catch a male) with the Dawn stone found in Mt.Coronet(middle) 1st floor.
Thats what I would do anyway.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh I forgot to suggest an item for Gallade or Lucario. I would use a fist plate found on route 215

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]