It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 am



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Steel Types 
Author Message
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 442
Location: Space, the Final Fronteir
Hiya Everyone! I'm looking for a Steel type pokemon for my Team, and I was wondering what Steel types are most recomended. So I have to ask, what Steel types do you find best in battle?

_________________
I'm back!


Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:42 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 186
Location: The Golden Skuntank
well there's lots of good steels, what's on your team so far?

_________________
FRIEND CODES
Name: Kenny
Black: 3396-3216-0388
Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.


Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:13 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:00 pm
Posts: 45
Scizor, Heatran, Metagross

_________________
Image


Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 442
Location: Space, the Final Fronteir
RIght Now the Team is Half-Steel, Half-Water. I've Got Feraligator, Swampert, Kingdra, Skarmory, and Aggron.

_________________
I'm back!


Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: William McKinley High School. Lima, Ohio.
I would say use Forretress. Makes a great defensive wall and can serve as your spinner and it sports the ability to lay up entry hazards of its own. Which include all three of them; Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock.

_________________
Image
I suck at WiFi battling.


Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:32 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:54 am
Posts: 81
Location: Malaysia
Employeon wouldn't be half bad of a choice because your team seem to be physically offensive(feraligator swampert[assuming its a cursepert] and kingdra[double dancer]) and needless to say aggron would be either spamming thunder wave or go with the usual rock polish+magnet rise set skarmory wont be using a special movepool either so the petaya set employeon would fit your team fine


Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:06 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 186
Location: The Golden Skuntank
Yeah, it is mostly physical. Magnezone wouldn't be a half bad choice either, or Heatran

_________________
FRIEND CODES
Name: Kenny
Black: 3396-3216-0388
Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.


Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:56 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 442
Location: Space, the Final Fronteir
Max_LKC wrote:
Employeon wouldn't be half bad of a choice because your team seem to be physically offensive(feraligator swampert[assuming its a cursepert] and kingdra[double dancer]) and needless to say aggron would be either spamming thunder wave or go with the usual rock polish+magnet rise set skarmory wont be using a special movepool either so the petaya set employeon would fit your team fine

Kingdra is my special Sweeper, not my Dragon Dancer.

I'm Aiming for a Special tank for my last one. A little variation never hurts.

_________________
I'm back!


Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: William McKinley High School. Lima, Ohio.
If you want one that is special to with Magnezone. Works great as special tank and great Scizor counter that can set up screens.

_________________
Image
I suck at WiFi battling.


Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:05 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 442
Location: Space, the Final Fronteir
What would you guys say about Empoleon? The only real problem with it is there would be an imbalance of water types to steel types. It does seem logical that I would have one on my Water Steel Team.

_________________
I'm back!


Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:44 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:54 am
Posts: 81
Location: Malaysia
magnezone would be nice but wouldn't both magnezone and aggron get OHKO by EQ because of the 4x weakness especially when it cant switch when againts dugtrio? The only advantage is its magnet pull. But is not like you cant have a magnezone though just let it carry focus sash or maybe a shuca berry(haven try it) or just let it learn magnet rise and use it before dugtrio switches in. Employeon would be nice if you want to use it subpetaya set is strong but if you want a tank registeel ain't half bad fortress is also good the only main drawback is that it has a 4x weakness to fire and its advantage over registeel is having rapid spin


Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:33 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 110
Location: Die of AIDS for your first clue
most people use stealth rock, so focus sash is pretty much useless, and magnezone won't survive many ground attacks even with shuca berry (coz most EQ users have a high attack stat). You mainly use Magnezone to eliminate other steel types. There's nothing wrong with having Empoleon, because two of your water types don't have the electric weakness most Pokemon use against waters. Empoleon is a good special tank, 101 base special defense is quite good. you have a bit of a suicune weakness, so empoleon is even more useful because it has grass knot. the waters also cover fire types well, so nothing wrong with having jirachi. If you don't care about your reputation in Pokemon battles, use a flinchax Jirachi, which is Serene Grace Iron Head with a Choice Scarf. Similar with Scizor. The water types cover fire attacks, and Scizor also covers grass attacks launched at the first two waters.

My personal suggestion:
Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant, Technician
248 HP, 252 Attk, 8 Speed
~U-Turn
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~Pursuit

_________________
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.


Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:09 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 442
Location: Space, the Final Fronteir
Slim Shady wrote:
most people use stealth rock, so focus sash is pretty much useless, and magnezone won't survive many ground attacks even with shuca berry (coz most EQ users have a high attack stat). You mainly use Magnezone to eliminate other steel types. There's nothing wrong with having Empoleon, because two of your water types don't have the electric weakness most Pokemon use against waters. Empoleon is a good special tank, 101 base special defense is quite good. you have a bit of a suicune weakness, so empoleon is even more useful because it has grass knot. the waters also cover fire types well, so nothing wrong with having jirachi. If you don't care about your reputation in Pokemon battles, use a flinchax Jirachi, which is Serene Grace Iron Head with a Choice Scarf. Similar with Scizor. The water types cover fire attacks, and Scizor also covers grass attacks launched at the first two waters.

My personal suggestion:
Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant, Technician
248 HP, 252 Attk, 8 Speed
~U-Turn
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~Pursuit

Um, did you listen to what I said? I want a Special Tank. And I've been thinking about registeel, but some tournements ban legendaries.

_________________
I'm back!


Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:04 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 186
Location: The Golden Skuntank
Steel_Eel wrote:

Um, did you listen to what I said? I want a Special Tank. And I've been thinking about registeel, but some tournements ban legendaries.


Registeel isn't even really a legendary. Its uu. If the people organizing the tournament are going around banning registeel (and, God forbid, Arcticuno and Phione) they don't know what the hell they're doing, so don't get too worried about that

_________________
FRIEND CODES
Name: Kenny
Black: 3396-3216-0388
Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.


Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:33 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 442
Location: Space, the Final Fronteir
Okay. I'm going to train many Steel types, so I just needed to know the best. So Registeel, Empleon, and Magnezone. Thanks guys!

_________________
I'm back!


Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:54 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 110
Location: Die of AIDS for your first clue
just to clear things up, my suggestions could all tank special hits pretty well, including Scizor. Oh well, doesn't matter now.

_________________
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.


Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:28 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:06 pm
Posts: 4
Have you tried Dialga? Or are you using strictly OU and lower?
Dialga has lots of use, stealth rock, bulk up, sweeper (physical/special) tank etc.
It's quite sturdy.

Metagross is good.

Personally, I like bastiodon, But sometimes it seems I am the only one.

Magnezone is good as a steel trapper.

Fortress is good for technical stuff and walling all bar one (fire)


Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:15 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1507
Location: Michigan
Shadowy Leo wrote:
Personally, I like bastiodon, But sometimes it seems I am the only one.
)


I really want to, but it's 4x weakness and offensive are so horrible >.< they should of gave it solid rock.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:34 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:54 am
Posts: 81
Location: Malaysia
MasterChef wrote:
Shadowy Leo wrote:
Personally, I like bastiodon, But sometimes it seems I am the only one.
)


I really want to, but it's 4x weakness and offensive are so horrible >.< they should of gave it solid rock.


agree its typing is the only flaw for a defensive pokemon. If it was a steel/ground it would have been better and give it solid rock ability being immune to poison and lightning types attack and only have fire/fightning/water/ground and solid rock it will be a great tank. hope something like that will come out in genV ^^


Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:13 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.