It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Help with my Poke' Team? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong board for this post.... But anyway, i am trying to make a battle ready team and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. :)

- I like an offensive team "hit hard and hit fast"

- Also was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me which Eevee Evolution i should have in my team (atm its Jolteon, but if another would fit better that would be helpfull to hear (any but Espeon and Flareon))

Team:

Jolteon(F) @ Choice Specs <----- Any better eevee Evolution for my team??
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 Sp.A / 252 Speed / 4 hp
Moves: Thunderbolt, Hidin Power, Shadow Ball, Pin Missle

Salamance(F) @ Life orb
Nature: Naive
Ev's: 252 Sp.D/ 240 Sp.A
Moves: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, OutRage, EarthQuake

-----------> ( rest of my team i dont have yet- planning- add any suggestions for moves, Ev's and Nature pwez :D)

Arcanine(F)

Lucario(F)

Luxray(F)

(F)? (any suggestions for a 6th pokemon that would fit in well? ty :))

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jolteon's pretty good, except for pin missile that sucks. Your evs are completely f**ked up on mence (who is also banned) For a sixth, you may want to consider a spikes lead such as forrettress or froslass and move jolteon back. Just get your post count up, figure out your whole team and post this in the team rating thread.

btw love the arcanine :D

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, Jolteon's cool.
In my Emerald, I have one that's Calm nature
{jolteon} calm @Magnet
Volt Absorb
252 Sp. Atk., 129 Speed, 129 Sp. Def. (Um guessing-I'm ot sure if Emerald has one who rates EVs)
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Rain Dance (I had BP before, bit it was useless for mine)
So Jolteon's awesome if it has a good -atk. nature, because it doesn't get a good physical movepool in gen. III. (The only ones were Pin Missile, Bite, Take Down, Quick Attack, and Tackle) In Gen. IV, they got Thunder Fang, but that's kind of crappy compared to special Jolteon. So yeah.
Arcanine could be...
{arcanine} adamant/mild @Leftovers/Charcoal
Intimidate
Extrememspeed
Crunch (Not sure if it can learn it in IV. If not, get one from FR/LG)
Flare Blitz/Fire Blast
Substitute/Protect/Will-O-Wisp
I find that the first set is cooler, as I own one (with WoW instead of Sub.), but it's your choice. As for EVs, you can choose too. I don't know about mine, because I just got it over from FR and taught it all the moves mentioned above (the first two were already there). Yeah, for a Luxray try...
{luxray} adamant @LO
Intimidate/Rivalry (your choice)
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Crunch
Spark/any other move you like
Obviously, I'm a huge fan of Spark, because someone else would never suggest it on a Luxray. Maybe a Pachirisu, but who would use one for competitive use? Amyway, Thunder Fang's a great STAB+flinch/status problem, so that's cool. Ice Fang's sort of the same concept, except going to affect Ground types with a Ice type attack and no STAB. Crunch is a strong attack, and spark... well, I like it, okay? If you don't like it, then you can change to something that you prefer.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For Arcanine, I'd use:

Adamant/Jolly
Intimidate
Liechi/Salac Berry
(Flare Blitz,Extremespeed,Reversal,Endure)

Hope this helps. :)

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmmm... Well, my Arcanine that I got from LG (Traded from FR first) had Extremespeed, Crunch, Flamethrower, and Flame Wheel. This was before I knew natures affected stats (the only thing I knew was that Quiet natures were bad with speed, hasty natures were good with speed but bad in def., and modest was Sp. Atk.) It was Adamant. When I got it, I got Flare Blitz and WoW for it. Then I realized that Fire Fang was a choice, and I got it for WoW. Geez! I can't make mind up right now. On a different note, I just got another Jolteon as an Eevee in an egg in Emerald. It knows Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, Wish. Now that I know which pokemon to use to get Wish Eevees, I'm getting one almost every day! Only if my Wi-Fi works... I would have given anyone one... Anyway, thanks!
EDIT: I saw that you needed help for Lucario.
{lucario} @expert belt
Quiet l Inner Focus EDIT 2: I spelled Quiet as Quite. I fixed it.
Aura Sphere
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Force Palm
That's what mine knows, but this is better, I think:
{lucario} @life orb
Adamant/Modest l Inner Focus
Close Combat/Aura Sphere
Extremespeed/Dragon Pulse
Crunch/Ice Beam
Bullet Punch/Psychic
Either way, you get a strong Lucario. One's total physical, while the other is completely special. It's your preference. Honestly, I gave up on Bullet Punch and Crunch ages ago, because it takes me forever to breed. None of my Pokemon seem to like each other, except on very rare instances.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]