It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Best defensive pokemon 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am curious what pokemon in the Over-Used (OU) Tier can take the best hits,I am talking stat-wise for both defense and special defense, also no legendaries. I dont want a lengendary on my team.
(Sorry if this is in the wrong section I couldn't find anywhere else to put it)

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

In the OU category I can think of two really good Pokemon that can take hits. Dusknoir, and Umbreon.

Dusknoir sports base stats of 135 in both Defense and Special Defense. Which allows him to hit a max stat of 405 in one defense, while the either still remaining in a nice high range. Dusknoir's only draw back is that its HP has a base stat of 45 so at max its HP will be 294. Dusknoir is a very good tanking Pokemon that can stall out an opponent very nicely.

Umbreon is a nice wall on both sides. It sports a base stat of 110 in Defense, and a base stat of 130 in Special Defense. Umbreon's are usually built as a special wall, and people usually give it the move Curse to boost its defenses. One thing Umbreon has over Dusknoir is its base HP stat which is 95, which is 50 points higher than Dusknoir's. Umbreon's problem though it relies too much on non attacking moves, and stat boosting moves to tank. So a Taunter, or Phazer will be able to cripple it easily. One thing Umbreon does have over Dusknoir is better recovery in the moves Wish, and Moonlight.

There ya go, hope this helped.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

unfortunatly legandaries are very much the better walls in OU i.e suicune cresselia and uxie while rotom forms are very good also

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

if this is for 4th gen, then get guys like dusknoir and umbreon. also try slowbro, its quite easy to get and very bulky. you can put skarmory and blissey on the same team and switch between the two for defense and special defense, but a couple of pokemon (e.g. infernape) beat both easily. rotom-h is great, but can't be used on wi-fi (he doesn't count as a legendary). Vaporeon is great, with its huge HP, but it has a low defense stat. if you can be bothered to train it, tyranitar is an amazing bulky pokemon, that is if you don't already want it as an offensive pokemon.

for 5th gen, roobushin is pretty much a must, or nattorei. both are great on both sides of the defense spectrum. also the jelly bean thing has good defenses i think.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:47 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Aggron, Skarmory, Blissey.
However legendaries that are not uber are your best bet. Suicune is a good choice with calm mind.
Blissey is a sponge as everyone knows. Porygon-Z could have one of the few special attack power to kill it though.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If you're going for non-legendaries, an Aggron is useful. Simply boost up it's SD with Zinc and give it a nice moveset. On the other side of the equation, Aggron can be a physical sweeper on top of tanking with high defense.

I agree with shinashu taji, Umbreon and Duskinoir are good defensive-wise. Personally, I prefer Duskinor for competitive battling because of it's movepool. I use a Duskinoir in Diamond with a moveset of Shadow Punch, Confuse Ray, Will-o-wisp and Destiny Bond. It holds a Quick Claw to make up for it's lousy speed. (yes, I taught it Destiny Bond via egg move.) Still, Umbreon sports recovery moves like Moonlight and Wish.

Duskinoir is better if you want your tank to have an offensive edge to it, because of it's movepool.
Umbreon is better if you want your tank to be much more defensive than offensive.
All three of these options are good.

Image Image

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]